Conceal carry in church

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
dafty
captain of 100

Re: Conceal carry in church

Post by dafty »

Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 2:07 am
mirkwood wrote: November 7th, 2017, 6:38 pm
Robin Hood wrote: November 7th, 2017, 9:35 am All I can say is that if I became aware that someone in the congregation was carrying a weapon I would require them to leave.
And I would refuse to leave.

Well, as it is illegal to carry a gun here, you certainly would leave... probably in handcuffs and a police car. ;)
🤣
*Disclaimer* I presume bishop Robin aint too happy to be involved in my silly games of mocking, so please dont associate my daftness with him...I just found his comments amusing ;)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

mirkwood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 2:52 am

Well, as it is illegal to carry a gun here, you certainly would leave... probably in handcuffs and a police car. ;)
I am the police ;)
Not here you're not mate.
You'd probably be "detained at Her Majesty's pleasure" for at least 10 years. :lol:

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 4:26 am

I am the police ;)
You'd probably be "detained at Her Majesty's pleasure" for at least 10 years. :lol:

Of course he's not a cop over there. Who would want to be? Running around, trying to apprehend violent criminals, wife beaters, rapists, all that, with no gun? That would be insane. Talk about being a sitting duck. A fish in a barrel.
dc

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

David13 wrote: November 8th, 2017, 10:00 am

I am the police ;)

Of course he's not a cop over there. Who would want to be? Running around, trying to apprehend violent criminals, wife beaters, rapists, all that, with no gun? That would be insane. Talk about being a sitting duck. A fish in a barrel.
dc
Our police don't seem to have any problems apprehending "violent criminals, wife beaters, rapists" etc without guns.
Maybe our cops are real men who don't need to hide behind a weapon.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 10:06 am

I am the police ;)

dc
Our police don't seem to have any problems apprehending "violent criminals, wife beaters, rapists" etc without guns.

So what you are saying is none of your unarmed cops ever got shot to death? Well, I know that isn't true.
Or maybe what you are saying is that NONE of your cops are armed? Well, I know that also isn't true.

So maybe what you are doing is just whistling Dixie.

I guess your cops are all talk and no show, then, they are not real men hiding behind their badge. They are just poofs who talk big but got no authority or physical means to back it up.

A real man talks softly but has deadly force to back it up.
dc

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Robin Hood wrote: November 7th, 2017, 3:16 pm
h_p wrote: November 7th, 2017, 3:11 pm
dafty wrote: November 7th, 2017, 2:52 pm what?, cause they banned the guns in 1996? well, glad they did, its far safer without them on the streets...I bet a tenner there will be no gun crime on a bigger scale in uk this week yet within a fortnight there will be something up yankee land...maybe even up ur neighbourhood
I was asking about violent crime, not just a subset of it. If all you care about is whether a crime is committed with a gun, there's nothing for me to discuss with you.

And gloat and cackle all you want over our suffering here. Some day the only people able to laugh will be the ones who won't want to.
Listen mate, the US beats the UK and most other countries hands down in homicides, no matter what the weapon of choice. It's just a fact.
Give a violent society access to guns and you make a serious problem much worse.
This isn't rocket science.

It's not your fault, I know that.
One of the startling realizations my wife and I had during a vacation to Britain in 2013, was the strong, underlying current of violence we encountered in the country. We were kept awake a good part of the night by rowdy, drunken and violent to incipiently violent behaviour on more than one occasion.

And I was almost caught up in the middle of an altercation right in the middle of the Liverpool underground station in London just after mid-day where a man ran after another one and started beating on him, until finally constrained by the police.

We had the distinct impression that Britain was a yeasty place for violent behaviour. I then understood why the Brits NEED to outlaw guns and knives and have surveillance cameras all over the place.

And then to confirm this, all you need to do is read the Daily Mail . . . .

When the Stones sing about 'Street Fighting Man', or Elton John sings 'Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting', etc., etc., these songs have a real basis, IMHO.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

David13 wrote: November 8th, 2017, 11:17 am

dc

So what you are saying is none of your unarmed cops ever got shot to death? Well, I know that isn't true.
Or maybe what you are saying is that NONE of your cops are armed? Well, I know that also isn't true.

I guess your cops are all talk and no show, then, they are not real men hiding behind their badge. They are just poofs who talk big but got no authority or physical means to back it up.

dc
Yeah, whatever.
It's easy to be brave when you have a lethal weapon to hide behind.
Shoot first, ask questions later... brilliant policing strategy. I mean, who cares if it starts a race riot or two.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Duplicate post
Last edited by Robin Hood on November 8th, 2017, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 10:06 am Our police don't seem to have any problems apprehending "violent criminals, wife beaters, rapists" etc without guns.
I bet there are women among the British constabulary who would not be happy with your claim. (And maybe some who would.)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Silver wrote: November 8th, 2017, 11:45 am
Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 10:06 am Our police don't seem to have any problems apprehending "violent criminals, wife beaters, rapists" etc without guns.
I bet there are women among the British constabulary who would not be happy with your claim. (And maybe some who would.)
Some of our women are men!
But I think that's a problem in lots of places ;)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Gage wrote: November 7th, 2017, 1:38 pm "gun free zone" signs, LOL gimme a break. "everyone here is armed" and "this town is a gun zone" would be the first signs to go up if I was a town Mayor.
But there actually are such signs that have been put up around schools. Or were . . . . if those who oversaw the signs finally woke up to their stupidity.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I am the police ;)
If I lived there I would be...or a footballer, but probably not, I was never that good...so yeah, if I lived there I would be. I would make sure I was on of the armed ones too.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 11:42 am Yeah, whatever.
Shoot first, ask questions later... brilliant policing strategy. I mean, who cares if it starts a race riot or two.
Wow. I thought it was just a difference of opinion about guns.

I was wrong. It is pure ignorance of reality.

You have no clue about policing. None.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

mirkwood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 12:02 pm

I am the police ;)
If I lived there I would be...or a footballer, but probably not, I was never that good...so yeah, if I lived there I would be. I would make sure I was on of the armed ones too.
The previous bishop in our ward is a Ministry of Defence police officer. He guards nuclear facilities or military communication establishments. The MoD police are an armed force. He has a gun in his car at all times when he is off-duty, but not on his person.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 11:42 am
David13 wrote: November 8th, 2017, 11:17 am

dc

dc
Yeah, whatever.
Man, you just don't understand human life, do you?
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Robin Hood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 12:51 pm

I am the police ;)
The previous bishop in our ward is a Ministry of Defence police officer. He guards nuclear facilities or military communication establishments. The MoD police are an armed force. He has a gun in his car at all times when he is off-duty, but not on his person.

Well, a lot of good that would do in an emergency situation.
dc

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

I am the police ;)

dc
I always saw a portion of police forces in the UK armed...even some with rifles. I have also seen them unarmed, is there something that dictates when and where they are armed?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I am the police ;)
When seconds counts, the car is only minutes away.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I would guess though that with the influx of all the immigrants your culture will shift to a much more violent one.
[/quote]

Illegal Mexican wall jumpers are part of Gods plan to wipe out the evil white man.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Glenn Beck did a good video on this topic.

This study from 2004 is also worth looking at:
http://www.wnd.com/2004/12/28253/
The National Academy of Sciences issued a 328-page report based on 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications, a survey of 80 different gun-control laws and some of its own independent study. In short, the panel could find no link between restrictions on gun ownership and lower rates of crime, firearms violence or even accidents with guns.

The panel was established during the Clinton administration and all but one of its members were known to favor gun control.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

That is his choice. One of the other officers in my ward chooses not carry off duty at all. His choice. They are both still exempt from the statement about carrying firearms in church buildings. I do not make that choice.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I am the police, so no, I wouldn't. ;)
What you don't realize, Robin Hood, is in the US, cops don't have to follow the law.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

harakim wrote: November 10th, 2017, 7:26 pm

What you don't realize, Robin Hood, is in the US, cops don't have to follow the law.
Kind of a broad and gross generalization. And just a slight bit of bias. Or, it could be called contempt prior to investigation. In any case, not an objective point of view at all.
dc

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

David13 wrote: November 10th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Kind of a broad and gross generalization. And just a slight bit of bias. Or, it could be called contempt prior to investigation. In any case, not an objective point of view at all.
dc
I don't want to identify myself but I am talking from my experience behind the police lines. It is biased to my first hand experience, which we all do. Furthermore, I have never been on the receiving side of the police equation.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

harakim wrote: November 11th, 2017, 5:09 pm
David13 wrote: November 10th, 2017, 7:46 pm

dc
I don't want to identify myself but I am talking from my experience behind the police lines. It is biased to my first hand experience, which we all do. Furthermore, I have never been on the receiving side of the police equation.
No one has to follow the law. When they don’t and are caught they are called criminals. Same thing as with cops who break the law.