Things I love most about the Church.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Re: Things I love most about the Church.

Post by Dave62 »

I love the Aaronic Priesthood and the Young Women and being with them to do baptisms at the temple. They shine. I love the children in primary; I'm sure they take cute pills before coming to church (but no, I don't want to teach in primary) I love the Polynesian saints of which we have so many. They are gentle giants of faith. They have a cheeky sense of humour, and when you say something cheeky to them they giggle like little girls!

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

gardener4life wrote: November 4th, 2017, 1:03 pm Wow this is so wonderful. We should have all the posts be like this thread. Everyone is so unified, positive, and loving. This is how its supposed to be. Great comments.
I agree, I love you people who comment, makes for a great day!

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

I love that the Church is true. That it is the only true church of Jesus Christ upon the face of the earth. I love the gifts and blessings from God that we receive from the priesthood in the church and the spirit of God that pervades in it and the doctrines that are so true. It has changed my life for the better and the lives of countless others.

silk
captain of 50

Post by silk »

I love hearing people share their insights and practical ways of implementing principles in their lives. I love when a doctrine that seems simple suddenly gains depth in my understanding and becomes even more precious and beautiful. And, most of all, I love the Savior, Jesus Christ, who not only gave us a perfect example to follow, but who paid the price of justice so I could be extended mercy.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

I love, among so much, the gift of the Holy Ghost:
I love that unspeakable presence that testifies, reveals, enlivens, sanctifies.
I love knowing the Church is the only true and living church on the face of the whole earth, and all that that entails.
I love knowing the truth of things written or spoken or in the spaces in between.
I love being guided into all truth, line upon line.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I love the sense of humor our leaders have, President Gordon B. Hinkley being one of my favorites!

D&C 68:

Wherefore be of good cheer...

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

eddie wrote: November 3rd, 2017, 11:15 am I love Jesus Christ, I love that He guides and directs our Prophet, I love that he has the keys of the Priesthood and can unlock the gate and allow us to do Temple work for those who didn't receive it.
Eddie, I heartily agree. I love how God sends people specifically to help me, and in return sends me to specifically help others. I love how he hears and answers prayers offered in church (as well as other times but most specifically in church). I love the mercy and love and confidence God sends through leaders and teachers and friends.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

The drive home...

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

The thing I love best about the church is the Deseret Industries.
As I thought about it, this truly came to my mind as my favorite thing. I love going there. If one was within walking distance, I am afraid I would get into a very bad habit of visiting it far far too often.
There is a good spirit about the DI and the whole welfare plan of the church. It is simply a spirit like no other.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Obrien wrote: November 5th, 2017, 10:23 am The drive home...
Hi Obrien!

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

passionflower wrote: November 5th, 2017, 10:46 am
Hi Obrien!
Hi PF. I assume you're satisfied with your proficiency in writing English, since it's been a long while since I've heard from you.

Peace and love to you, sister.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Obrien wrote: November 5th, 2017, 11:19 am
Hi Obrien!
Hi PF. I assume you're satisfied with your proficiency in writing English, since it's been a long while since I've heard from you.

No, I am not satisfied at all. I look back on many of my posts and wonder that anyone gets me at all. Perhaps most don't. It was a good exercise for me to write all those stories in the thread I began in outer darkness, and now I see many sentences that don't quite move well or quite express the idea I had in mind. I am always so concerned that my sentences are not too long ( a very common thing in dutch speech and writing ) and that I am not too abrupt, direct and blunt, which is normal for me but could easily get me thrown down into outer darkness ( oh well, there's no place like home!) :)

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

PF, I have always enjoyed your posts and found your writing to be clear and expressive. Don't run your-self down, because you have demonstrated refinements that many of the posters here on this forum do not posses (much to the annoyance of some of us on the forum). Possibly consider yourself like Mormon of old: He was worried about his weakness in writing and abridging the Book of Mormon. The Lord told him that we (gentiles) would take no advantage of his weakness. So it is with you, you may perceive your own weakness, but others will love and appreciate whatever you do for them, without even noticing any apparent weakness.

Thanks again for your contributions.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

kenssurplus wrote: November 5th, 2017, 6:27 pm PF, I have always enjoyed your posts and found your writing to be clear and expressive. Don't run your-self down, because you have demonstrated refinements that many of the posters here on this forum do not posses (much to the annoyance of some of us on the forum). Possibly consider yourself like Mormon of old: He was worried about his weakness in writing and abridging the Book of Mormon. The Lord told him that we (gentiles) would take no advantage of his weakness. So it is with you, you may perceive your own weakness, but others will love and appreciate whatever you do for them, without even noticing any apparent weakness.

Thanks again for your contributions.
Thank you very much and how really really nice of you to say so. You made my day!

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

You rock Passion flower!!

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

I have to add that I love the temple. I don't understand it all, but I love the ceremony and the reverence of the celestial room.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Wow I got banned from what I hate about the church? sorry if I offended.. sheesh.

Things I love

1 - God The Eternal Father,
2 - Son of God The Savior,
3 - Holy Ghost, God the 3rd, Witness/testator,
4 - Bible/ BOM/ D&C/ PoGP/ Lectures on Faith/ King Follet Discourse
5 - Agency,
6 - The new way Sunday School is taught.
7 - Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, and the rest of the brethren before the Saints full embraced Babylon.
8 - Saints trying their best to help others.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

:D One day, on the drive home after our kids were misbehaving in church, we said, “You know you were acting up - and don’t go being smart!”
Then we hear from the 6-year-old, “What’s 2+2? I don’t know.”

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

BY GREG TRIMBLE FAITH, FAMILYAPRIL 26, 2016
If You Needed Just One Reason To Love The LDS Church…
e
There are a lot of reasons why I love the LDS Church but there’s one concept in particular that I love more than any other. This one concept that I’ve fallen in love with in Mormonism is foreign to all other Christian churches and religions. This concept is doctrinally denounced by the Christian leaders of the world. Pastors and priests don’t teach it at all. In fact they teach against it based on their traditions and understanding of the scriptures. But I learned by experience…that this concept, this doctrine, this truth, is burning bright in the hearts of those people who attend those churches.

chelsea trimble

When I was about ten years old, I got dressed up in white clothes and went to an LDS temple. I had no idea what I was doing. We entered into this big beautiful building and walked through the halls. I don’t remember a lot of the details but I remember one thing as if it was yesterday. We entered a room where gigantic mirrors were setup on walls directly across from one another. We knelt on some cushions with an alter in the middle of us and a man in white made some promises to us. When we stood, the man asked me to look into the mirrors and asked me to describe what I was seeing. All these years later…I don’t remember how I answered him but I do remember what I saw and what I felt. I saw my family…together…extending for what looked like an eternity in those mirrors.

temple mirrors

That day…I was “sealed” to my parents and my sister with the promise that I could be with them, know them, and love them forever. These people I had been through so much with, and became so close to, weren’t going to become angelic strangers when we died. We weren’t destined to lose our identities and associations in this life. In fact, these relationships were destined to grow stronger.

This doctrine was sweet to me…even at such a young age. Even before I knew it was a doctrine. It was a spiritual knowledge that I knew in my heart was true without yet understanding it intellectually. I never realized that this doctrine was unique to Mormonism. I never realized that pastors and priests from other denominations would preach from their pulpits telling their members that there would be no marriage, no families, and no identity in the next life. I never realized that many religions banished little children or ignorant grandparents to eternal hell because of the time period in which they lived.

For me…immediate, extended, and adopted families were the very fabric of our existence both in heaven and on earth. So it was hard to believe that Christianity as a whole was rejecting the idea and hope of a perpetual family.

It wasn’t until I started personally knocking on doors in the bitter Michigan cold when I realized that most people don’t believe what their pastors are telling them about the family. Over and over again, I would knock on a door, my jaw almost frozen shut…and in the off chance someone opened the door, I’d ask them for the opportunity to share a message with them about families.

Time and time again, people of different denominations would tell me they “already believed in their hearts” that they would be with and know their families in the eternities. Regardless of what their pastor taught regarding the cessation of marriage and family in heaven…for them…they couldn’t envision a place being heaven without their families. It was a concept that burned within their hearts. Even thought they still attended their church, and still revered their pastor, they were unwilling to surrender the burning within them that told them they have a family in heaven.

I think people would fall in love with the LDS Church if they realized just how similar it’s teachings are to what they already believe in their hearts. The end game of the entire Church is sealing families. It was never about Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon or the appearance of Peter, James, and John on the banks of the Susquehanna. Yes…those are super important historical details that undergird the restoration of the gospel, but all of that, was always and will always be about families being together on earth and in heaven through the binding power of the atonement of Jesus Christ. All of the other important people, places, and pieces of the restoration existed to do just one thing. Preserve, protect, bind, and seal the family together…forever.

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

I love the spirit and power of Elias and Elijah that permeates the Church.
I love how my family is lifted by the sound wholesome principles of righteousness that are taught in Church and our scriptures.
I love the assurance of beautiful Sion that the Church and its members gives me.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

passionflower wrote: November 5th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Obrien wrote: November 5th, 2017, 11:19 am
Hi Obrien!

No, I am not satisfied at all. I look back on many of my posts and wonder that anyone gets me at all. Perhaps most don't. It was a good exercise for me to write all those stories in the thread I began in outer darkness, and now I see many sentences that don't quite move well or quite express the idea I had in mind. I am always so concerned that my sentences are not too long ( a very common thing in dutch speech and writing ) and that I am not too abrupt, direct and blunt, which is normal for me but could easily get me thrown down into outer darkness ( oh well, there's no place like home!) :)
Don't worry about people not following your writing. You're fine. Peace and love - Obrien

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I love The Prophets, particularly Brigham Young.

Emigration leader, Utah Territorial governor, he chose the Salt Lake valley.

He joined the LDS church in 1832, he loved and supported Joseph Smith. He was the next President of the church after Joseph's death. He led the saints
west and found a place to establish Zion. A strong leader and brave man!