The 4th Industrial Revolution - And most are blissfully ignorant.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

The 4th Industrial Revolution - And most are blissfully ignorant.

Post by Fiannan »

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tn4P7I ... e=youtu.be

You will be converted into something like The Borg. And the first stages are being set now. Welcome to a new world. And not to worry, you may lose your privacy and individuality but if you are genetically superior you may be able to be part of the elite that has an off-switch.

Kaarno
captain of 100

Re: The 4th Industrial Revolution - And most are blissfully ignorant.

Post by Kaarno »

That was the scariest thing I have watched today. Very telling.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Kaarno wrote: October 31st, 2017, 11:53 am That was the scariest thing I have watched today. Very telling.

But entirely accurate. People should see this but most won't. They will merely accept what is told to them to accept.

My daughter asked me today why most people are too stupid to open their eyes and examine issues. I tried to explain that most people are content to eat, sleep, watch TV and go to their jobs to earn the money to eat, sleep and watch TV. She got frustrated but I tried to present it like the Gospel -- many are called but few are chosen.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Yup, truth.

Edited to add link to TEDx Hamburg talk shown in video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNs0M77Pd4&t=935s[/youtube]

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I keep posting it and people keep ignoring it. This has been out for a long time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqU-5gL25XQ#t=32m57s

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

The 4th industrial revolution is robotics taking all the jobs, like self driving cars, even stock market traders are now being replaced by programmed computers. 60% of all jobs from medicine to truck driving will be gone in the next 5 years. It has been in the mainstream media for the last 2 years.

I don't think a week goes by without there been an article on it - it is here and it is now and real. They don't need some human robot as humans cost to much and need to sleep. There has been a big push into robotics in fast food to counteract the minimum wage hikes.

This is what should be keeping you awake at night not some psyborg.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Spaced_Out wrote: November 3rd, 2017, 10:17 pm The 4th industrial revolution is robotics taking all the jobs, like self driving cars, even stock market traders are now being replaced by programmed computers. 60% of all jobs from medicine to truck driving will be gone in the next 5 years. It has been in the mainstream media for the last 2 years.

I don't think a week goes by without there been an article on it - it is here and it is now and real. They don't need some human robot as humans cost to much and need to sleep. There has been a big push into robotics in fast food to counteract the minimum wage hikes.

This is what should be keeping you awake at night not some psyborg.
The crazy thing is, for as much as I am not a fan of tech, considering the demographics of the next 33 years, that revolution you speak of taking those jobs,might be a sort of salvation since so many people won't be working. (In the US, the "Generation Not Born" caused by the drop in birth rates from 2008-present, would have stared filling those fast food jobs in 2023. But they weren't born, so they can't. They also won't be graduating from high school and entering trade schools to fill many jobs in 2027. Beyond that, none of them will start graduating from college in 2030 and filling the jobs that require a basic college education. It continues from there.)

But, I still think in the end, AI, proves our undoing. Short term gain, long term loss. We would have been better off making real intelligence's (plenty of babies) than the artificial ones.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

(In the US, the "Generation Not Born" caused by the drop in birth rates from 2008-present, would have stared filling those fast food jobs in 2023. But they weren't born, so they can't. They also won't be graduating from high school and entering trade schools to fill many jobs in 2027. Beyond that, none of them will start graduating from college in 2030 and filling the jobs that require a basic college education. It continues from there.)
And the tens of thousands of them that should have been born in LDS families will not exist to invite friends to Church while in high school, go on missions aftrewards or have children in the Gospel after that.

But hey, the Holy Handbook trumps teachings from modern prophets all the way back to Joseph Smith so...think Muslims might be in the market to buy a couple of used temples?

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

The lower birthrate is not the problem, the USA and many countries in the world now have record number of people living on welfare or very high unemployment and things are escalating.

US Food Stamp Usage Hits New Record
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/us-food-s ... new-record

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Spaced_Out wrote: November 5th, 2017, 3:55 am The lower birthrate is not the problem, the USA and many countries in the world now have record number of people living on welfare or very high unemployment and things are escalating.

The most important trait that can be taught is in the home is delayed gratification coupled with a high work ethic. While there are obviously exceptions I think that one will find that in middle class and working class kids this is something that is taught, while in those who are on welfare, especially inter-generational welfare, these values are not emphasized. You also have a higher social and economic opportunity cost associated with having babies in the former rather than the latter. So when the economy is at a low point the poor contintue to make babies but the people who would generally turn out children who are more economically productive curtail births.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

This 4th Industrial Revolution thing is of the Devil for sure but let us keep in mind that the Lord will turn all of these evil plans on on their own heads when he comes. We can better spend our time preparing ourselves and helping others prepare to receive the Lord...
Last edited by friendsofthe on November 5th, 2017, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Assuming that all of this is true of course. Keep in mind we live in a day and age where just about any fool can make a claim on the internet, and back it up with “proof.” In a day and age where the gov may lie or change information, and we cannot tell fact from fiction, can I really trust some random video on youtube?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Durzan wrote: November 5th, 2017, 10:39 am Assuming that all of this is true of course. Keep in mind we live in a day and age where just about any fool can make a claim on the internet, and back it up with “proof.” In a day and age where the gov may lie or change information, and we cannot tell fact from fiction, can I really trust some random video on youtube?
If one has studied this issue, from all sides, then they would see that this video is on the mark.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Spaced_Out wrote: November 5th, 2017, 3:55 am The lower birthrate is not the problem, the USA and many countries in the world now have record number of people living on welfare or very high unemployment and things are escalating.

The high rates of welfare and unemployment have more to do with not learning or being willing to work. This, I believe, is a direct result of the use of technology to create lives of excessive ease. Adam was not sent from the Garden of Eden to recreate it, he was sent to earn his bread by the sweat of his brow. We have gotten distracted from both that commandment and the one to multiply and replenish the earth.

But the birthrate will prove our undoing. We are about to embark on a huge elderly population a medium sized middle age population and a shrinking population of children. Most people will not be working (too old or too young) and the middle aged population will have to support them all, likely reducing further the number of children being born.

But you don't have to take my word for it:
Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

https://www.lds.org/topics/family-procl ... g&old=true
Individual calamities: those without children will not have any sort of economic safety net. Their earnings will be used for survival, not saving. Social programs will disappear as they become impossible to maintain without enough children being born to replace workers and too many elderly that need care, but have no family to help. Those with children at least have the opportunity to be supported by their children in their old age.

Community calamities: as social programs disappear and the economy fails even those who want to help others outside their own families may not have the resources to do so. I believe that teaching the gospel in this environment will prove difficult.

National calamities: social order disappears. The family is the basic unit of society. No family=no society with any sort of cohesion. We may even see a return to 3 Nephi 7 where the people break into tribes consisting of families and close friends.

Our children will prove our temporal and spiritual salvation.

(We, of course, make exception for those who cannot have children whether because they were unable to find a spouse or infertility. I assume the Lord has a plan for them that likely includes the tribes mentioned earlier.)

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Michelle wrote: November 5th, 2017, 6:55 pm

The high rates of welfare and unemployment have more to do with not learning or being willing to work. This, I believe, is a direct result of the use of technology to create lives of excessive ease. Adam was not sent from the Garden of Eden to recreate it, he was sent to earn his bread by the sweat of his brow. We have gotten distracted from both that commandment and the one to multiply and replenish the earth..............
The unemployment rate of people in economically active age group is at an all time high, by adding more children how is that going to solve the problem. The employment and social problems need to be solved first.

I understand fully what you are trying to say but what comes first the chicken or the egg. Is it because of economic hardship that people are not having children or the lack of children causing economic problems. If you go back the economic problems came first, and yes it is a vicious cycle that feeds on itself and is self perpetuating. To break the cycle one needs to sort out the economy first - putting missions of children into a world where there are not opportunities due to automation and robotics tanking all the jobs - is not going to solve the problem.

In Japan today they sell more adult diapers than children diapers. Number of virgins and sexually inactive adults has reached crisis proportions, some companies are employing psychologists and having a forced date night once a month and the psychologist job is to pair people up.
In South Korea the builders are only making single unit apartments as that is all what people can afford so the govt is trying to force builders to make a number of family units per single unit they build. Single units are not conducive to marriage so people don't get married.
To deal with the problems sex robots are now selling like hot cakes where you can get a virtual partner that preforms as well - robotics and automation is where the 4th revolution is happening..

In Australia it is not much different the YSA males have given up all hope of being able to afford housing the same is happening in the US and in the church.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... stretches/

As of 2016, 15% of 25- to 35-year-old Millennials were living in their parents’ home. This is 5 percentage points higher than the share of Generation Xers who lived in their parents’ home in 2000 when they were the same age (10%), and nearly double the share of the Silent Generation who lived at home in 1964 (8%).
The disintegration of the family is not due to people not having lots of children but divorce and number of children out of wedlock and the parents taking no responsibility to raise their children, this was discussed in General Conference.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Some societies die due to being destroyed violently by other societies while others die by just not caring anymore to put out the effort to survive and thrive.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

In Australia it is not much different the YSA males have given up all hope of being able to afford housing the same is happening in the US and in the church.
Maybe people need to try to live outside major cities. We know that in the latter days they will cease to exist so maybe economics is leading to a sifting process.
The disintegration of the family is not due to people not having lots of children but divorce and number of children out of wedlock and the parents taking no responsibility to raise their children, this was discussed in General Conference.
It is all part of a feedback cycle of sorts. People don't marry, which leads to more promiscuity, which leads to a devaluation of committment, which leads to less desire to marry and have kids, which leads to delay or avoidance of having kids, which leads...
To deal with the problems sex robots are now selling like hot cakes where you can get a virtual partner that preforms as well - robotics and automation is where the 4th revolution is happening..
You are absolutely correct here. I predict twice as many men will opt out of marriage once these toys evolve into actual robots. Sperm banks are the future of reproduction and lesbian relationships will be the new norm.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Spaced_Out wrote: November 6th, 2017, 1:05 am
Michelle wrote: November 5th, 2017, 6:55 pm

The high rates of welfare and unemployment have more to do with not learning or being willing to work. This, I believe, is a direct result of the use of technology to create lives of excessive ease. Adam was not sent from the Garden of Eden to recreate it, he was sent to earn his bread by the sweat of his brow. We have gotten distracted from both that commandment and the one to multiply and replenish the earth..............
The unemployment rate of people in economically active age group is at an all time high, by adding more children how is that going to solve the problem. The employment and social problems need to be solved first.

I understand fully what you are trying to say but what comes first the chicken or the egg. Is it because of economic hardship that people are not having children or the lack of children causing economic problems. If you go back the economic problems came first, and yes it is a vicious cycle that feeds on itself and is self perpetuating. To break the cycle one needs to sort out the economy first - putting missions of children into a world where there are not opportunities due to automation and robotics tanking all the jobs - is not going to solve the problem.

In Japan today they sell more adult diapers than children diapers. Number of virgins and sexually inactive adults has reached crisis proportions, some companies are employing psychologists and having a forced date night once a month and the psychologist job is to pair people up.
In South Korea the builders are only making single unit apartments as that is all what people can afford so the govt is trying to force builders to make a number of family units per single unit they build. Single units are not conducive to marriage so people don't get married.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... stretches/

As of 2016, 15% of 25- to 35-year-old Millennials were living in their parents’ home. This is 5 percentage points higher than the share of Generation Xers who lived in their parents’ home in 2000 when they were the same age (10%), and nearly double the share of the Silent Generation who lived at home in 1964 (8%).
O my goodness, Spaced Out, we should be friends! lol. I love the quotes you used! I use those same ones regularly!

I would say that both the number of children as well as the points you mentioned (divorce, children out of wedlock, parent's not raising children) all play into the disintegration of the family. If I am being completely honest, I worry less about the economic repercussions than the spiritual. Not that the economics don't matter. I just like to reference the economic results because they are both very definable (we have dates we can look forward to as well as any prophecy) and it has a tendency to have a greater impact on people being willing to listen.

But finally, when I ask the chicken and the egg question: I go back to the first commandment to multiply and replenish the earth. So I believe have the children first and then work on the social and unemployment.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

The one thing missing in the debate about the destruction of the family is the Government efforts to destroy the family.

Social Security altered the family structure drastically. It inverted the family triangle

justkeepswimming
captain of 100

Post by justkeepswimming »

I watched that whole video...incredible!

As I watched it the one thought that kept coming back to me was not to be afraid of what's coming but to see technology for what it really is; the best human's can do to imitate God's power and spiritual gifts. God speaks to all of at the speed of thought and it looks like that's one of the primary goals of this technology.

I feel like modern technology is our collective version of the ancient tower of babylon. Instead of trying to literally reach heaven we are trying to duplicate its power. I imagine God up there looking down on us and thinking, won't they ever learn...

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: The 4tnath Industrial Revolution - And most are blissfully ignorant.

Post by Michelle »

Vision wrote: November 6th, 2017, 9:42 am The one thing missing in the debate about the destruction of the family is the Government efforts to destroy the family.

Social Security altered the family structure drastically. It inverted the family triangle
Yes!! I have been saying this for years. Social Security was a huge factor on the destruction of the family.

The family as ordained of God has the parents take care of the children and the children take care of the parents. Social Security first destroyed the relationship of us caring for our elderly, and then Medicaid as well as a host of other social programs encouraged parents to stop providing for their children as well.

When we serve each other individual and voluntarily, the Spirit can testify to both those who give and receive and strengthen the relationship. When you insert a third party: the government program, the giver feels stolen from and the receiver does not recognize the sacrifice of the giver. Not to mention the waste of administering the program. Most of the gift is lost to overhead.

In the US today when you have a child you can qualify for food during pregnancy as well a healthcare (WIC, food stamps and Medicaid) all before the baby is born. After the child is born all three stay in place and you can add housing assistance, heat assistance, cash assistance, etc. Within a few years you can use Headstart and the rest of the public school system to babysit them. Your child may be provided free breakfast and lunch (on top of food stamps) through high school. There are also after school programs so you can keep working, or not, and they will still be "babysat." Then you can get federal aid grants for college and when your kids have kids, they can use the same program. No need for grandma and grandpa to help financially or otherwise when the grandchildren start arriving.

The funny thing is: we tend to love more that which we sacrifice for. All this social "love" is really destructive to the family.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

justkeepswimming wrote: November 6th, 2017, 3:33 pm I watched that whole video...incredible!

As I watched it the one thought that kept coming back to me was not to be afraid of what's coming but to see technology for what it really is; the best human's can do to imitate God's power and spiritual gifts. God speaks to all of at the speed of thought and it looks like that's one of the primary goals of this technology.

I feel like modern technology is our collective version of the ancient tower of babylon. Instead of trying to literally reach heaven we are trying to duplicate its power. I imagine God up there looking down on us and thinking, won't they ever learn...
I totally agree. I have though of this technology as the Tower of Babel for awhile. The Lord said at that time that nothing could be kept from them because they shared a language and that is why he confounded it. They would have destroyed themselves.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

LDS Anarchist wrote: November 6th, 2017, 4:39 pm None of this stuff matters. It's all ephemeral. It will vanish overnight. Technology cannot deal with miracles and the Josephite is already in his box. Just keep your covenants and stop worrying about things like this. He sees the very same things we all see. Do you really think he's gonna let A.I. and robots threaten humanity? The 4th Industrial Revolution is a fantasy projected by godless people who don't know the future. The future isn't a mechanized dystopia. It's glorious.

Remember, all the technology we have is a house of cards. It is really easy to wipe it all out. The Josephite has so very many options to disrupt and reset society back 200 years. And he can do this instantly, in a single day. And then he will re-build society perfectly. So, all this worrying is senseless. The Lord allows all this techno-hype to continue on and on because He likes a good showdown. The Nephites were always outnumbered by the Lamanites, right? Yet they still kicked Lamanite butt time and time again. Likewise, the Josephite is one, whereas the world is many. But he's still more than they can handle, so the Lord lets the tech proceed. "Let them make their machines, their robots, their weapons; it will prove fruitless." So He lets them continue on, but once the Josephite gets out of his box, he's "unleashed," and at that point, this scripture applies:
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me,
saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
So, everyone take a chill pill. Relax. Good days are ahead of us. The so-called 4th Industrial Revolution will come to naught.
You keep speaking of this Josephite. I do not understand who that is suppose to be. Is there any scripture or prophetic quotes you can point me to in order to explain this?

I don't understand why you believe all the saints will be spared this destruction. Revelation 13 seems to make it clear that for 42 months the beast, in my understanding AI, will be allowed to overcome the saints.
Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Michelle wrote: November 6th, 2017, 9:06 am But finally, when I ask the chicken and the egg question: I go back to the first commandment to multiply and replenish the earth. So I believe have the children first and then work on the social and unemployment.
You should not be so quick to agree with me. The way I see it is since the 1970 earning potential has been eroded, disposable income has decreased. People had fewer children due to costs, then housing got too expensive so both husband and wife had to work and woman flooded the work place.
From there things have steadily gone downhill, care for children dropped (mother no longer at home), number of children per couple got less due to marriage at a later date and having to work.

Today the US has employed homeless 400 tent cities of employed people!! hot of the press today..

"Homeless Explosion": Tech Boom, Surging Rents Creating Homeless Crisis On America's West Coast
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-0 ... as-west-co
Housing prices are soaring here thanks to the tech industry, but the boom comes with a consequence: A surge in homelessness marked by 400 unauthorized tent camps in parks, under bridges, on freeway medians and along busy sidewalks. The liberal city is trying to figure out what to do.
"I've got economically zero unemployment in my city, and I've got thousands of homeless people that actually are working and just can't afford housing," said Seattle City Councilman Mike O'Brien. "There's nowhere for these folks to move to."

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: The 4tnath Industrial Revolution - And most are blissfully ignorant.

Post by Spaced_Out »

Michelle wrote: November 6th, 2017, 8:25 pm
Vision wrote: November 6th, 2017, 9:42 am The one thing missing in the debate about the destruction of the family is the Government efforts to destroy the family.

Yes!! I have been saying this for years. Social Security was a huge factor on the destruction of the family.

The family as ordained of God has the parents take care of the children and the children take care of the parents. Social Security first destroyed the relationship of us caring for our elderly, and then Medicaid as well as a host of other social programs encouraged parents to stop providing for their children as well.

When we serve each other individual and voluntarily, the Spirit can testify to both those who give and receive and strengthen the relationship. When you insert a third party: the government program, the giver feels stolen from and the receiver does not recognize the sacrifice of the giver. Not to mention the waste of administering the program. Most of the gift is lost to overhead.

In the US today when you have a child you can qualify for food during pregnancy as well a healthcare (WIC, food stamps and Medicaid) all before the baby is born. After the child is born all three stay in place and you can add housing assistance, heat assistance, cash assistance, etc. Within a few years you can use Headstart and the rest of the public school system to babysit them. Your child may be provided free breakfast and lunch (on top of food stamps) through high school. There are also after school programs so you can keep working, or not, and they will still be "babysat." Then you can get federal aid grants for college and when your kids have kids, they can use the same program. No need for grandma and grandpa to help financially or otherwise when the grandchildren start arriving.

The funny thing is: we tend to love more that which we sacrifice for. All this social "love" is really destructive to the family.
Does this not increase the number of children as people have children to get extra benefits , it is the care they take for the children thy have -socially supporting families is not a bad thing, including maternity leave etc...
People now have children for the wrong reasons so the welfare programs have had the opposite effect - I am not sure the initial intention was to break up families. There has been a recent change with Gov today promoting same sex marriage and that men have no role to play in families other than financial support...

The +60 million legal abortions performed in the US has not helped the population. The welfare system was to prevent abortions by giving woman means to look after their children. People have just become wicked and self serving so all the welfare programs have been abused and corrupted.