Young people heading to the occult.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Young people heading to the occult.

Post by Fiannan »

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: Young people heading to the occult.

Post by Sirocco »

It's simple, it feeds into the hedonism and desire for excess they want.
People nowadays go out shopping for systems that conform to everything they want to do.
It's true of the LDS church too, though naturally those seeking that angle have more noble intentions then those who want validation in say sexual excess and a system supporting their "morals".

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Of course it's part of the plan. :)

After the mid-90's, it seemed to go underground for a while.

Now, on the internet especially, you can find all kinds of people you can order magic black spells from. Reminds me of

Morm. 1: 19
19 And it came to pass that there were sorceries, and witchcrafts, and magics; and the power of the evil one was wrought upon all the face of the land, even unto the fulfilling of all the words of Abinadi, and also Samuel the Lamanite.

Morm. 2: 10
10 And it came to pass that the Nephites began to repent of their iniquity, and began to cry even as had been prophesied by Samuel the prophet; for behold no man could keep that which was his own, for the thieves, and the robbers, and the murderers, and the magic art, and the witchcraft which was in the land.
Meanwhile, more than half of young adults in the U.S. believe astrology is a science. compared to less than 8% of the Chinese public.
Says who? About every wedding is planned according to astrology, lol. Besides, astrology is much less used than naming, numerology, feng shui, and bua bui.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Well, since I'm old I recall that many years ago it was common to some extent for young people to experiment with the occult, and get into 'astrology' and all that nonsense.
I think today it's a much larger % of the population that drift that way, and it goes deeper and far more sinister. As they get older, a lot of them come back to their senses and get out of it, hopefully without any great scars to it.

I think it's similar to what you see in churches. A lot of young people, and a lot of young people with their young offspring, and a lot of old people. The people in the ages between are out there into whatever they get sidetracked into.

That's how it was for me. Young child in the church. Old man in the church, altho' a different (and far superior) church. And nothing in between (except what I {and others} have called 'wandering thru' the wilderness').
dc