Brigham Young football losing streak

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
seer stone
captain of 100

Brigham Young football losing streak

Post by seer stone »

As I walked into my local Smith store, I saw large cardboard image with Kalani Sitake, head coach of the BYU football team, endorsing and holding a can of Coke-Cola. Soon after, Brigham Young University dropped a 50+year regulation of allowing and selling caffeine products on campus. The football team hasn't been doing to swell lately. Maybe the Lord isn't too happy with the temporal advancements at the University.

oklds
captain of 100

Re: Brigham Young football losing streak

Post by oklds »

I wonder if that's why, in over 80 years, they've never beaten Stanford? :) Sorry, guys, couldn't resist. Just to be clear though, I think everyone should go to a great school like BYU or OSU so they can get a good education so they can get a good job working for a someone who went to Stanford!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

BYU lost the last of my respect when the university fired Dr. Steven Jones and honoured then vice-President Cheney. But in all fairness, I found a lot of great people serving as professors and instructors at that university.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

seer stone wrote: October 19th, 2017, 11:50 am As I walked into my local Smith store, I saw large cardboard image with Kalani Sitake, head coach of the BYU football team, endorsing and holding a can of Coke-Cola. Soon after, Brigham Young University dropped a 50+year regulation of allowing and selling caffeine products on campus. The football team hasn't been doing to swell lately. Maybe the Lord isn't too happy with the temporal advancements at the University.
More like inspiration, so the fans could drown their sorrows away without feeling guilty ;)

I think it happened shortly after the 7th loss in a row to Utah. Go Utes!!!

seer stone
captain of 100

Post by seer stone »

e-eye2.0 wrote: October 19th, 2017, 12:05 pm
seer stone wrote: October 19th, 2017, 11:50 am As I walked into my local Smith store, I saw large cardboard image with Kalani Sitake, head coach of the BYU football team, endorsing and holding a can of Coke-Cola. Soon after, Brigham Young University dropped a 50+year regulation of allowing and selling caffeine products on campus. The football team hasn't been doing to swell lately. Maybe the Lord isn't too happy with the temporal advancements at the University.
More like inspiration, so the fans could drown their sorrows away without feeling guilty ;)

I notice that the majority of the Lord's anointed seers have attended the University of Utah. Coincidence?

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

seer stone wrote: October 19th, 2017, 12:11 pm
e-eye2.0 wrote: October 19th, 2017, 12:05 pm

I notice that the majority of the Lord's anointed seers have attended the University of Utah. Coincidence?
I like to remind BYU fans that when the Savior returns he will be dressed in red.

School of the prophets.

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

There is no correlation between allowing caffeinated soda on campus and the schools football teams W-L record.

//End Thread//

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Sigh.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Have they tried taking a knee lol

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

The Lord doesn't care about a football team, its losing streak or a university allowing caffeinated beverages.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Col. Flagg wrote: October 19th, 2017, 1:39 pm The Lord doesn't care about a football team, its losing streak or a university allowing caffeinated beverages.

Are you still sore about paying more than a dollar for a hotdog and a drink at a game? Get over it boy! Tightwad!!

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Col. Flagg wrote: October 19th, 2017, 1:39 pm The Lord doesn't care about a football team, its losing streak or a university allowing caffeinated beverages.
Obviously he doesn't care about the football team - the record proves that.

wetnoodle
captain of 10

Post by wetnoodle »

Than why the ban for the past 70 years? Burps?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Sirocco wrote: October 19th, 2017, 1:27 pm Have they tried taking a knee lol
Ha ha, I read too quickly and thought it said, "Have they tried taking kerosene?"
I thought, "Yeah, that might actually do a better job!"

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

JohnnyL wrote: October 19th, 2017, 3:17 pm
Sirocco wrote: October 19th, 2017, 1:27 pm Have they tried taking a knee lol
Ha ha, I read too quickly and thought it said, "Have they tried taking kerosene?"
I thought, "Yeah, that might actually do a better job!"
Either or lol

seer stone
captain of 100

Post by seer stone »

alduckdog wrote: October 19th, 2017, 12:31 pm There is no correlation between allowing caffeinated soda on campus and the schools football teams W-L record.

//End Thread//
More important than BYU's football record, was there a correlation between allowing caffeinated drinks on campus because Sitake accepted an endorsement from Coke? It sure wouldn't look good for Brigham Young's head football coach to endorse a product that isn't even allowed on school grounds.

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

Football is a business plain and simple and the marketing IMO is smart.

The endorsement is from the program not the individual, D1 coaches are the face of their programs...but the program still belongs to the university.

Going back to the original question asked in this thread, is there any correlation between the Coke and the current state of BYU football?
Absolutely not.
seer stone wrote: October 19th, 2017, 4:26 pm More important than BYU's football record, was there a correlation between allowing caffeinated drinks on campus because Sitake accepted an endorsement from Coke? It sure wouldn't look good for Brigham Young's head football coach to endorse a product that isn't even allowed on school grounds.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Ha ha! It’s always fun to watch the Y lose. I knew that the Polynesian Mafia would flop!
We plan to attend the UofH game and root for Hawaii! Of course we will be wearing Boise Blue!

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

The only thing that matters is that BYU lost to the Aggies and BYU lost a QB while playing them, again. The only correlation I see is that I was drinking a Mtn Dew which is a Pepsi product.

The nice thing for BYU is that most of the remaining games are against glorified highschool teams. They should win another 4 games to end a horrible season. BYU fans can again think their team is championship quality and would've been national champs had it not been for a few injuries. BYU fans are funny like that.

Seasons like these make me miss Bob. He was always good for a BYU razzing.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote: October 19th, 2017, 7:55 pm The only thing that matters is that BYU lost to the Aggies and BYU lost a QB while playing them, again. The only correlation I see is that I was drinking a Mtn Dew which is a Pepsi product.

The nice thing for BYU is that most of the remaining games are against glorified highschool teams. They should win another 4 games to end a horrible season. BYU fans can again think their team is championship quality and would've been national champs had it not been for a few injuries. BYU fans are funny like that.

Seasons like these make me miss Bob. He was always good for a BYU razzing.
Leave it to an Aggie fan to drink Mtn Dew. Its loaded with yellow dye #5. Are your hands shrinking too? :cry:

kgrigio
captain of 100

Post by kgrigio »

BYWho?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Interesting outfits the cheerleaders have:

https://en.paperblog.com/byu-cheerleade ... id-461932/

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

So I'm curious what the % loss of fans is in the regular NFL? A lot of youtube news articles are saying the NFL is broken because of them not standing for the pledge of allegiance/anthems. I'm wondering like how bad the loss is in terms of a % though.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I thought they were doing quite well.
Oh wait..... you're not talking about real football. ;)

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

XD nice jest.

But you can see it will be partly related right? So if the loss of fans to the NFL happens, then how will that affect college ball teams? And will they go those instead or to other sports? So it is related, in terms of the % loss of fans in the NFL. I don't know badly it bothers people though. Do they see it as a temporary leaving or a long term thing.

But as for me and my house will serve other sports ido- oh wait I'm misquoting that scripture.