Brigham Young football losing streak

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Re: Brigham Young football losing streak

Post by e-eye2.0 »

President Monson loves the caffeinated drinks and even the church came out with a statement awhile back that said it's not against the word of wisdom. So I would guess someone at BYU finally wised up and realized since they already sell chocolate, candy etc, then why not allow it.

I also had heard of many judgmental BYU students against those who like caffeinated drinks.

I was a mountain dew fan as a kid took a sabbatical from almost everything for about 10-15 years and now I am pretty strictly a Dr Pepper man.

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

e-eye2.0 wrote: October 19th, 2017, 12:05 pm
seer stone wrote: October 19th, 2017, 11:50 am As I walked into my local Smith store, I saw large cardboard image with Kalani Sitake, head coach of the BYU football team, endorsing and holding a can of Coke-Cola. Soon after, Brigham Young University dropped a 50+year regulation of allowing and selling caffeine products on campus. The football team hasn't been doing to swell lately. Maybe the Lord isn't too happy with the temporal advancements at the University.
More like inspiration, so the fans could drown their sorrows away without feeling guilty ;)

I think it happened shortly after the 7th loss in a row to Utah. Go Utes!!!
All you LDS lifers should be careful! Try listening to some of the new converts who have 'been there, done that", so to speak. I think it would be more appropriate to start off slowly, maybe with Root Beer, then gradually work your way up to Ginger Ale, and so on...
But to jump right to Coke seems a little extreme to me. That's not what anyone would call a gateway soda, is it?

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

Robin Hood wrote: October 20th, 2017, 8:20 am
alduckdog wrote: October 20th, 2017, 6:09 am Haha! Heck my Premier League team isn't doing that great either. :x
Robin Hood wrote: October 20th, 2017, 4:27 am I thought they were doing quite well.
Oh wait..... you're not talking about real football. ;)
:D And your team is.....?
Liverpool

You?

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Utah's star kicker is a precious soccer player. He was hit on kick and you would think he was out for the year the way he went ring n the ground. My son was concerned utilized explained that he played soccer and that's what soccer players do. Turns out the kicker was just fine.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

alduckdog wrote: October 20th, 2017, 8:46 pm
alduckdog wrote: October 20th, 2017, 6:09 am Haha! Heck my Premier League team isn't doing that great either. :x
Robin Hood wrote: October 20th, 2017, 4:27 am I thought they were doing quite well.
Oh wait..... you're not talking about real football. ;)
Liverpool

You?
Notts County.
We're not currently in the Premier League. We're the oldest professional football club in the world (founded 1862).
Unfortunately, it appears we still have some of the original players! :(

Liverpool had a good result the other day, with a 7-0 victory away from home. Biggest away win by a British team in the history of the Champions League.

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

Robin Hood wrote: October 21st, 2017, 1:44 am
alduckdog wrote: October 20th, 2017, 8:46 pm
Liverpool

You?
Notts County.
We're not currently in the Premier League. We're the oldest professional football club in the world (founded 1862).
Unfortunately, it appears we still have some of the original players! :(

Liverpool had a good result the other day, with a 7-0 victory away from home. Biggest away win by a British team in the history of the Champions League.
I know Notts County...League Two right? I am a sucker for teams with history/heritage, I really hate seeing the teams of old having a crap go today. My favorite football team (college American Football) is one of the most storied programs in college football, but over the last decade or so have really stunk.

I enjoyed that Liverpool game haha. I watch/listen to the majority of them when I can, with the time difference I usually watch the recording on my DVR. They need to step up their league play, it is awesome they are doing well in Champions League...but I need them at the top of the table in PL lol.