We Are Not Brainwashed!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
eddie
captain of 1,000

We Are Not Brainwashed!

Post by eddie »

" Our fate and the fate of this world will hinge on following the words of our Prophets"
President Utchdorf

We can have our opinions but it won't change the outcome of what the Lord has planned. A really smart person follows the Prophet, nothing stupid about that.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: We Are Not Brainwashed!

Post by oneClimbs »

"The" prophet? There are many more than one. Just lobbing that out there ;)

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Good points. We trust secure sources that are connected to the source, not some guy who is an unbeliever and not even a Christian. We stay close to what works, not people that run around in the great and spacious building.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

eddie wrote: October 17th, 2017, 5:21 pm " Our fate and the fate of this world will hinge on following the words of our Prophets"
President Utchdorf

We can have our opinions but it won't change the outcome of what the Lord has planned. A really smart person follows the Prophet, nothing stupid about that.
Trust in the lord and not the arm of flesh. Prophets have arms of flesh

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

sandman45 wrote: October 17th, 2017, 6:53 pm
eddie wrote: October 17th, 2017, 5:21 pm " Our fate and the fate of this world will hinge on following the words of our Prophets"
President Utchdorf

The Prophet is directed by Jesus Christ Himself,
Where have you been? Pray for confirmation.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

When someone's being brainwashed - they know it - as in cases like Prisoner's of war.
Mind-control is a bit more common but subtle (often not realized) - as seen in some political and religious groups.

brainwash: make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

mind control: Subverting by means of psychological tactics an individual's control of his or her mind (thinking, behavior, emotions, or decisions).

Examples of mind control:

*Extensive control of information in order to limit alternatives from which members may make "choices"
*Deception
*Group pressure
*Intense indoctrination into a belief system that denigrates independent critical thinking and considers the world outside the group to be threatening, evil, or gravely in error an insistence that members’ distress-much of which may consist of anxiety and guilt subtly induced by the group-can be relieved only by conforming to the group
*Alternation of harshness/threats and leniency/love in order to effect compliance with the leadership’s wishes isolation from social supports pressured public confessions

Lyster
captain of 100

Post by Lyster »

The same old back-and-forth makes an appearance here, too.

Person A: Follow the prophet! (What person B hears: Prophets are infallible!)
Person B: Arm of flesh! (What person A hears: Prophets are literally nothing and usually wrong.)

What neither side ever seems to stop and take a second is that you're both looking at two halves of the same coin.

Church leaders have a mantle of responsibility to preside over the church, and with that, great bestowal of power.

Church leaders are also human. Simply because one has a mantle, and power, and authority, does not mean that all words escaping their lips are backed by the full faith and credit of God.

YES, Trust in God as He deals with prophets. Trust that the prophets deliver messages for Him. Support them in their efforts. When they say a flood is coming, it is best to help build the Ark.
But also, YES, confirm their words via the Holy Spirit. YES, confirm their words via the scriptures. When Judas leans over and asks you what the going rate of a slave is these days, you can realize that some flesh is showing through.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

The Russians certainly brain washed me into voting for Trump.

Ha ha ...

Or was that merely mind control?
dc

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Ha ha ...

dc
Bamboozlement, more likely.

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

Trust but verify. Listen/follow the prophet(s), study/pray for confirmation.

Following blindly is not the Lord's plan nor is it his intent for us here in our mortal state.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

5tev3 wrote: October 17th, 2017, 5:53 pm "The" prophet? There are many more than one. Just lobbing that out there ;)
There is only 1 Prophet with stewardship to attend
to the direction of this Church. ( Lobbed back, bring it)
⚽️🏐🏓🎾

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

eddie wrote: October 17th, 2017, 7:24 pm
President Utchdorf

Eddie I urge you to study the political events the preceded many major revelations in Church history, the Edmunds Tucker act is a good place to start.

Resolve this. Prophet says blacks can't have the priesthood, Prophet says blacks can have the priesthood, Prophet says God is an unchangeable being.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I think it would be good to be brainwashed.
If my brain could be washed it would get rid of all the rubbish and I could start all over again.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Vision wrote: October 18th, 2017, 7:05 am
President Utchdorf

Eddie I urge you to study the political events the preceded many major revelations in Church history, the Edmunds Tucker act is a good place to start.

Resolve this. Prophet says blacks can't have the priesthood, Prophet says blacks can have the priesthood, Prophet says God is an unchangeable being.
And I would urge you to study about
absolute truths, and relative truths...

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Robin Hood wrote: October 18th, 2017, 7:15 am I think it would be good to be brainwashed.
If my brain could be washed it would get rid of all the rubbish and I could start all over again.
I have some detergent...

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

eddie wrote: October 18th, 2017, 7:26 am
Vision wrote: October 18th, 2017, 7:05 am

And I would urge you to study about
absolute truths, and relative truths...

Or natural laws, versus man made laws?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

buffalo_girl wrote: October 18th, 2017, 6:40 am

Ha ha ...

dc
Bamboozlement, more likely.
Oh! The Russians bamboozled me! I should have known! I should have watched for that! Bamboozled again! Drat!
dc

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

eddie wrote: October 18th, 2017, 6:57 am
5tev3 wrote: October 17th, 2017, 5:53 pm "The" prophet? There are many more than one. Just lobbing that out there ;)
⚽️🏐🏓🎾
We have sustained 15 as prophets, seers, and revelators. The president and his two counselors preside over the church because the buck must stop somewhere, but they act as a council and all decisions must be unanimous no matter what the president of the church himself may want to do. This is very important because we the church established in our day has checks and balances in place. Granted, that changed somewhat after the death of Joseph Smith, but the unanimous consent of the presiding counsels of the church is still in place. See D&C 107.

Let's take it a step further, anyone from a father to a home teacher, an Elder's quorum president, Bishop, Relief Society president, visiting teacher, or even a sacrament meeting speaker can be inspired to speak truth and act as a "forth-teller" to the saints. Being anointed by the Holy Ghost, any of the church may speak and prophesy within the order established. The president of the church has a specific job, but we are indeed surrounded by prophets or those that may act in that role in providing us guidance and direction.

Thus, we are not just accountable for what the president may say or do, but any of these, when indeed speaking in the name of God and the Spirit witnesses to us of the same, then we will be accountable for how we receive that information.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

President Utchdorf

I am not saying Prophets are NOT needed. I am just pointed out that you CANNOT trust them 100% the way we are supposed to TRUST in the LORD. There have been in the past.. .many times where Prophets teach false doctrine, their own opinions, and push the doctrine of the world to get praise of the world.

The responses about praying and confirming what is being taught is spot on! :D

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Oh! The Russians bamboozled me! I should have known! I should have watched for that! Bamboozled again! Drat!
dc
It probably wasn't the Russians or even the opposition party.

The c i a once called their psychological operations technology - focused on bamboozling target groups - "The Mighty Wurlitzer".

In other words, they played the population as though playing a theater organ.

With the exception of Prophets, Seers, and Revelators, I always figure I'm being 'played' - either intentionally or ignorantly - by anyone imposing 'strong opinions'.

The following is a quaint review - found in the c i a library - of a book written about "The Mighty Wurlitzer"! That in itself is a Psy-Op, and further evidence of our need for Personal Revelation. How blessed we are to have such privilege!

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for- ... ure-1.html
Last edited by buffalo_girl on October 18th, 2017, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

5tev3 wrote: October 18th, 2017, 10:31 am
eddie wrote: October 18th, 2017, 6:57 am
⚽️🏐🏓🎾
We have sustained 15 as prophets, seers, and revelators. The president and his two counselors preside over the church because the buck must stop somewhere, but they act as a council and all decisions must be unanimous no matter what the president of the church himself may want to do. Nope, the name counselor is just that, the Prophet always makes the final decision, , he will not lead us astray, the Lord would not allow that.This is very important because we the church established in our day has checks and balances in place. Granted, that changed somewhat after the death of Joseph Smith, but the unanimous consent of the presiding counsels of the church is still in place. See D&C 107.

Let's take it a step further, anyone from a father to a home teacher, an Elder's quorum president, Bishop, Relief Society president, visiting teacher, or even a sacrament meeting speaker can be inspired to speak truth and act as a "forth-teller" to the saints. Being anointed by the Holy Ghost, any of the church may speak and prophesy within the order established. The president of the church has a specific job, but we are indeed surrounded by prophets or those that may act in that role in providing us guidance and direction.
---________--------__--
Nope again. One can have revelation for themselves and their stewardship, they can have revelation that our Prophet is guiding us correctly, but they will not have revelation for the church as a whole.
-----/----__

Thus, we are not just accountable for what the president may say or do, but any of these, when indeed speaking in the name of God and the Spirit witnesses to us of the same, then we will be accountable for how we receive that information.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

sandman45 wrote: October 18th, 2017, 10:59 am
President Utchdorf

I am not saying Prophets are NOT needed. I am just pointed out that you CANNOT trust them 100% the way we are supposed to TRUST in the LORD. There have been in the past.. .many times where Prophets teach false doctrine, their own opinions, and push the doctrine of the world to get praise of the world.
Examples please, the Lord will not allow them to lead us astray by teaching false doctrine, that is completely different than an opinion.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

eddie wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Examples please, the Lord will not allow them to lead us astray by teaching false doctrine, that is completely different than an opinion.

Adam God theory taught by Brigham Young

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Vision wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:42 pm
eddie wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Adam God theory taught by Brigham Young
It was not then nor is not now a doctrine of the church, it was not canonized. It is an anomaly.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

buffalo_girl wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:01 pm
dc
It probably wasn't the Russians or even the opposition party.

The c i a once called their psychological operations technology - focused on bamboozling target groups - "The Mighty Wurlitzer".

In other words, they played the population as though playing a theater organ.

With the exception of Prophets, Seers, and Revelators, I always figure I'm being 'played' - either intentionally or ignorantly - by anyone imposing 'strong opinions'.

The following is a quaint review - found in the c i a library - of a book written about "The Mighty Wurlitzer"! That in itself is a Psy-Op, and further evidence of our need for Personal Revelation. How blessed we are to have such privilege!

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for- ... ure-1.html

Dang! I was played. Just like a fiddle. They played me like a fiddle, and I didn't even know it. Here I really wanted H, the H, ah, I can't say it, I wanted the Hella Beast and I didn't even know it. Dang, fooled again.

Ha ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, etc.
dc