What is the first thing you plan to do after dying?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Dubs
captain of 50

What is the first thing you plan to do after dying?

Post by Dubs »

Between visiting family members and exploring the spirit world, Id also love to watch past earth events to see what actually happened.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What is the first thing you plan to do after dying?

Post by shadow »

When I think about the afterlife I always seem to think about my mission. I said goodbye to my friends and family, knowing I'll see them in a few years. Had some quick training at the MTC then sent off to my area in Canada. Was assigned a new companion and went to work full time. I don't think the afterlife is much different. There's a lot of work for the salvation of souls taking place- a lot of teaching. It's all organized but I'm not sure how it's organized. Here we have branches, wards, stakes, missions etc. and callings to fill positions. I think the spirit world will have similar organizations but probably more patriarchal. My opinion.

Section 138 talks about what happens in the spirit world. The righteous teach and the unrighteous are taught.

It would be awesome to go explore the solar system on P-day.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Dubs wrote: October 17th, 2017, 12:21 am Id also love to watch past earth events to see what actually happened.
Do you believe that is possible? Do you think it will be possible for all spirits? How will it affect the missionary work, if the spirits can go and see if the events told in the scriptures actually took place? Especially, if people can see the life of Jesus.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I plan on asking for permission to go say a word of comfort or two to members of my family who survive me. It really helps.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Silver wrote: October 17th, 2017, 2:22 am I plan on asking for permission to go say a word of comfort or two to members of my family who survive me. It really helps.
You are a much better person than me, because I was thinking of going to haunt some people.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Initially I smirked a little at this thread title, then I started considering it.

I don't want to stick around and watch the family spend my life insurance.

I don't want to wander aimlessly between worlds.

I want to see my grandma, but only for a moment to tell her I'm sorry, and ask her where I find Him.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Of course, greeting family, friends, and the Lord, and doing work assigned to me, is the highest priority, but after that, when recreation time comes, I would like to take an extended trip with a crew on a starship.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Jump for joy. Kneel in gratitude and joy. Family and friends. Comfort, if better. Get to work.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Repent of drinking too much Pepsi Max.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I seek out my friend and apologize for the pain and suffering my actions cause so many years ago.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

My kids even know what I would do...I would first eat a huge piece of chocolate cake dowsed in lots of chocolate frosting. Because of my illness I have had to remove many beloved foods over the years. Now I know this seems stupid, because I'm sure that food in the spirit world will not have the meaning or hold on us like it does here. For that matter we may not even need it! :!: Second, I would search out my g-g-grandfather and beg, "why didn't you help/send the answers to me concerning who your parents were?" In other words seek the answers to our family's evasive and frustrating brick wall in family history. :cry: (actually these would take a back seat to first hugging my grandmother, and those close family members who have already passed)

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Robin Hood wrote: October 17th, 2017, 11:20 am Repent of drinking too much Pepsi Max.
I thought root beer was your vice? The church has an addiction recovery program, I was addicted to Gain laundry soap, but I'm clean now.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

eddie wrote: October 17th, 2017, 3:11 pm
Robin Hood wrote: October 17th, 2017, 11:20 am Repent of drinking too much Pepsi Max.
I thought root beer was your vice? The church has an addiction recovery program, I was addicted to Gain laundry soap, but I'm clean now. :D :D :D
Root beer... I wish!
We can't really get it over here in the motherland.
If we could, that would certainly cure me of my Pepsi addiction. I think they call it replacement therapy.
"I know an old lady who swallowed a fly......"

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I tell my kids all the time. I'm going on a trip to England. I want to see the old churches and the sites. I'll just fly over there for a bit. Maybe see some other places while I am at it.

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

Dubs wrote: October 17th, 2017, 12:21 am Between visiting family members and exploring the spirit world, Id also love to watch past earth events to see what actually happened.
I wonder if the next life will be different than this one.

I used to try to keep in touch with family, but noticed they weren't very interested. Often would travel long ways to visit and their church friends would show up and I'd be over in the corner.

I haven't talked to most of my siblings since my mom's funeral in March. Last month on my birthday, my brother, a bishop, texted happy BD, and told me to come visit (2 hours away). He said he would visit me, but he's too busy. I wondered why bother to go there if he's so busy.

He probably puts 20 hours a week into being a bishop, so no time left for family.

Likewise my parents would travel a few states away to go to some church event for family, and pass by our house and were only ever able to visit for 15 minutes or so.

Years ago we were stationed in Illinois, with 3 little kids. Invited folks to visit but they were too busy. Couple months later they were called on mission to WV, so they sold house and went there without stopping to visit and see their grandkids.

I figure in the next life we'll be so busy with our callings or home teaching or temple/missionary work to have time for family.

Turns out the church is the family.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Try not to lose it while learning to deal with the complexities that exist outside of our senses.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Matchmaker wrote: October 17th, 2017, 4:46 am Of course, greeting family, friends, and the Lord, and doing work assigned to me, is the highest priority, but after that, when recreation time comes, I would like to take an extended trip with a crew on a starship.
I'd like a private tour of the universe. Zoom-out and see all of the galaxies in Telestial space.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

harakim wrote: October 17th, 2017, 9:19 pm Try not to lose it while learning to deal with the complexities that exist outside of our senses.
I'm sure anyone who has entered the spirit realm has gone crazy for a while ;)

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

I'd like to explore other Earths (if I can) and look at all of World History up until the present

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

I'd love to meet Joseph Smith.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Fly

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Decompose

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

I'm so fixated on just seeing my dad again that I haven't thought about much else.
This will probably have to wait, but I want to know how the world was created. And dinosaurs. What's up with dinosaurs?

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

Signing up for the orientation class.
See my Grandparents, and wife's parents and ancestors.