What is the first thing you plan to do after dying?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Vision
captain of 1,000

Re: What is the first thing you plan to do after dying?

Post by Vision »

I'm going to have a foot race with my Dad. I never could beat him in a foot race and then he got MS and it wasn't a fair race after that.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Dubs wrote: October 17th, 2017, 12:21 am Between visiting family members and exploring the spirit world, Id also love to watch past earth events to see what actually happened.
Having your mind blown realizing the earth is enclosed and flat.. and not a spinning Ball flying through the universe

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

inho wrote: October 17th, 2017, 2:37 am
Silver wrote: October 17th, 2017, 2:22 am I plan on asking for permission to go say a word of comfort or two to members of my family who survive me. It really helps.
You are a much better person than me, because I was thinking of going to haunt some people.
LOL!

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

It's interesting to read so many responses that are exactly what I've thought about doing.

I would love to meet Jesus first. Then find my dad and my brother. Meet Joseph Smith, Nephi, Moroni, Adam, Moses, and pretty much all scriptural prophets. Walk peacefully through meadows, streams, towns, etc. Visit any living family members on earth. I want to sit in libraries or classrooms and learn about the truth of all events that have happened on our earth among other secrets of the universe. I would love to travel to other earths and walk among the people to see their society, people, and lands. I'll be flying everywhere I go of course. :)

I know there will be a lot of work to do and I would not be opposed to it. But since time is so different there, it's not like I'll be wasting time. These are just things I've wanted to do.

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

Yahtzee wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:24 am I'm so fixated on just seeing my dad again that I haven't thought about much else.
This will probably have to wait, but I want to know how the world was created. And dinosaurs. What's up with dinosaurs?
I've thought about dinosaurs as well. I personally think they are from their own planet(s). Bits of some of their extinct worlds were used when organizing Earth which explains fossils and what not. But to know their purpose (other than to make some people question God) and to see them would be pretty awesome. I would like to hear some people's thoughts on dinosaurs.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

bbsion wrote: October 18th, 2017, 11:45 am It's interesting to read so many responses that are exactly what I've thought about doing.

I would love to meet Jesus first. Then find my dad and my brother. Meet Joseph Smith, Nephi, Moroni, Adam, Moses, and pretty much all scriptural prophets. Walk peacefully through meadows, streams, towns, etc. Visit any living family members on earth. I want to sit in libraries or classrooms and learn about the truth of all events that have happened on our earth among other secrets of the universe. I would love to travel to other earths and walk among the people to see their society, people, and lands. I'll be flying everywhere I go of course. :)

I know there will be a lot of work to do and I would not be opposed to it. But since time is so different there, it's not like I'll be wasting time. These are just things I've wanted to do.
If only we could do that on Earth...

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Hug my Savior!

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

If sin and unbelief are what keep us from the presence of God, would we actually be able to stand in His presence just because we've died? The scriptures never refer to the veil as death; any reference to it is in terms of "the veil of unbelief" or "veil of darkness." So wouldn't this veil that separates us from Him still be there in the spirit world?

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

h_p wrote: October 18th, 2017, 1:34 pm If sin and unbelief are what keep us from the presence of God, would we actually be able to stand in His presence just because we've died? The scriptures never refer to the veil as death; any reference to it is in terms of "the veil of unbelief" or "veil of darkness." So wouldn't this veil that separates us from Him still be there in the spirit world?
Either way... the question is what you plan to do with an implication of what you would like to do when you die and you are in the after life. This can only be based on your knowledge of the afterlife as well. If you die and are unable to be in the presence of God due to the veil then you could say that things did not go according to plan maybe?

I believe some people will have the privilege of meeting Jesus when they die even if they never came into His presence in this life. So I will plan on it and hope for the best. :)

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

PressingForward wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:23 am Decompose
That's the same thing that Beethoven did...

silk
captain of 50

Post by silk »

I think I will pause for a few minutes to acknowledge my mortal body. After all, it served as a vehicle for growth, development, and improvement during this life. And then I will gratefully bid it farewell, knowing that the one I will receive at the resurrection will be a much better model!

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

bbsion wrote: October 18th, 2017, 3:00 pm I believe some people will have the privilege of meeting Jesus when they die even if they never came into His presence in this life. So I will plan on it and hope for the best. :)
I sure hope so, too. I know many people who I believe have been given the burden of lifelong afflictions--I like to think they'd find great relief and go quickly to their reward after they die.

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

See if Satan is hanging out with us in spirit prison.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

silk wrote: October 18th, 2017, 5:31 pm I think I will pause for a few minutes to acknowledge my mortal body. After all, it served as a vehicle for growth, development, and improvement during this life. And then I will gratefully bid it farewell, knowing that the one I will receive at the resurrection will be a much better model!
I feel like this too.
I will really miss my body.
We've been everywhere together.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Step 1 is have someone with a horse and a wagon haul me over to the cemetery.
Step 2 Have someone with a backhoe dig a hole.
Step 3 Have some of the brethren lower me into the hole.
Step 4 Have someone place the stone back.

(I'm about to get the plot finalized. And the stone ready and placed ahead of time. That saves money on the process, if it's a flat stone.)

Then maybe I'll be tired, and rest.
dc

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I expect that very quickly I will see the Savior, followed by family and people for whom I have done temple work. I just hope nobody tries to play tour guide because I like exploring and learning on my own, and hate having a tour guide.

Once I'm past that stuff, there's a lot of stuff I'm curious about. I want to visit my dogs and find out why they can't just go. What are they sniffing for when they are trying my patience?
I would love to see the reaction of atheists and Jehovah's Witnesses to the separation of spirit and body, as atheists believe that death is the end of you and JWs believe that death is something akin to dreamless sleep.
I would love to meet people from history such as Joan of Arc to better get to know them and their story.
I would love to meet the people I have only read about in scripture.
It would also be nice to meet people I have known of. See what someone like Richard Feynman has done with his intellect since dying. What kind of music has Tchaikovsky or Amy Winehouse been able to write? What kid of jokes are Rodney Dangerfield and Sam Kinison telling?

Hopefully that kind of stuff won't take long because I want to get a calling and assignment then start missionary work.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

bbsion wrote: October 18th, 2017, 11:49 am
Yahtzee wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:24 am I'm so fixated on just seeing my dad again that I haven't thought about much else.
This will probably have to wait, but I want to know how the world was created. And dinosaurs. What's up with dinosaurs?
I've thought about dinosaurs as well. I personally think they are from their own planet(s). Bits of some of their extinct worlds were used when organizing Earth which explains fossils and what not. But to know their purpose (other than to make some people question God) and to see them would be pretty awesome. I would like to hear some people's thoughts on dinosaurs.
Snakes with legs. :P

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't think we are going to get too much information in the spirit world.
Our sojourn in the spirit world is part of mortality. There will still be Methodists and Muslims and Richard Dawkins will probably still be claiming there's no God.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Robin Hood wrote: October 20th, 2017, 3:27 am I don't think we are going to get too much information in the spirit world.
Our sojourn in the spirit world is part of mortality. There will still be Methodists and Muslims and Richard Dawkins will probably still be claiming there's no God.
And Hillary harping about Russians, Wikileaks, and Alex Jones.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Robin Hood wrote: October 17th, 2017, 11:20 am Repent of drinking too much Pepsi Max.
I am going to the higher ups and asking for as much Crystal Pepsi as I can!

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

BeNotDeceived wrote: October 20th, 2017, 2:53 am
bbsion wrote: October 18th, 2017, 11:49 am
Snakes with legs. :P
More like giant weird birds, what we are finding out that they actually looked like makes them far less amazing, they're why we have birds.
So those pigeons you see are the evolved form of some dinosaur long ago.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Hug my son

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

h_p wrote: October 18th, 2017, 1:34 pm If sin and unbelief are what keep us from the presence of God, would we actually be able to stand in His presence just because we've died? The scriptures never refer to the veil as death; any reference to it is in terms of "the veil of unbelief" or "veil of darkness." So wouldn't this veil that separates us from Him still be there in the spirit world?
perhaps the veil is mortality and upon death, the condition of separation is lifted as we enter back into our spiritual realm. if I'm sitting there without my body, just having a spirit I sure do hope that the veil is lifted and I will remember the spirit body as my 1st estate otherwise I will really freak out.

sin keeps us from the father, it's Jesus who is our advocate and our friend. we should be able to see him. it's seeing the father again that is conditional upon us accepting the atonement gift.

this is my belief

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

MMbelieve wrote: October 23rd, 2017, 1:08 am
perhaps the veil is mortality and upon death, the condition of separation is lifted as we enter back into our spiritual realm. if I'm sitting there without my body, just having a spirit I sure do hope that the veil is lifted and I will remember the spirit body as my 1st estate otherwise I will really freak out.

sin keeps us from the father, it's Jesus who is our advocate and our friend. we should be able to see him. it's seeing the father again that is conditional upon us accepting the atonement gift.

this is my belief
We are taught that missionary work is necessary in the spirit world. I don't recall exactly who said it or in which general conference, but we were told that the success rate for missionaries there is around 90% there.
If the veil was lifted as soon as we left mortality so we could recall our premortal existence, why would missionary work be necessary? Why would we not have a 100% success rate when people recall an undeniable truth?

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

brianj wrote: October 23rd, 2017, 9:30 pm
MMbelieve wrote: October 23rd, 2017, 1:08 am

this is my belief
We are taught that missionary work is necessary in the spirit world. I don't recall exactly who said it or in which general conference, but we were told that the success rate for missionaries there is around 90% there.
If the veil was lifted as soon as we left mortality so we could recall our premortal existence, why would missionary work be necessary? Why would we not have a 100% success rate when people recall an undeniable truth?
I think that the veil will be lifted somewhat upon our arrival and we will remember aspects at least of our premortal existance. I believe that we were naive in the premortal and didn't understand everything and that could be why missionary work is needed even if the veil is lifted. Also, we didn't have our baptism, and other ordinances done before we came here and there is a process (order) to getting all that done.

I also believe that the atonement is something that needs to be worked out for each soul, to learn it experience it and accept it, even if the veil is lifted.

Also, the veil being lifted likely means vastly different things to each person. Some progressed more than other in both the 1st and 2nd Estates and we know that we will continue to progress forever in our 3rd estate. So the veil may not be lifted anymore than what we have already learned? Of course there would be the knowing who Christ is when we see him.

And if the success rate is 90%, then that clearly says that there is more truth (veil lifted) and light there. Perhaps the 10% are simply anti or haven't otherwise learned to accept the atonement (distancing themselves due to doubt and shame/regret).

Just some thoughts to add