About that food that you threw out last night...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

About that food that you threw out last night...

Post by Silver »

fat and happy and ignorant americans.jpg
fat and happy and ignorant americans.jpg (239.45 KiB) Viewed 963 times
A FAMISHED NATION: A mother holds her undernourished four-year-old daughter at al-Sabeen hospital in Sanaa, Yemen, in April. The country is on the brink of famine, says the United Nations. REUTERS/Khaled Abdullah

Saudi Arabia and its allies want to cut off the flow of weapons to Houthi fighters in Yemen. But with cholera spreading and famine looming, essential supplies are not getting through either.

By SELAM GEBREKIDAN, JONATHAN SAUL Filed Oct. 11, 2017, 10 a.m. GMT
DJIBOUTI – Late last year, the Kota Nazar, a Singaporean ship with 636 containers of steel, paper, medicine and other goods, set sail to Hodeida, the largest cargo port in war-torn Yemen.

It never got there. Like dozens of other ships carrying food and supplies to Yemen over the past 30 months, the Kota Nazar was stopped by a Saudi Arabian warship blocking Yemen’s ports on the Red Sea.

Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies have been stationing naval forces in and around Yemeni waters since 2015. Western governments approved the show of military force as a way to stop arms reaching Houthi fighters trying to overthrow Yemen’s internationally recognized government.

The de facto blockade is exacting a dire humanitarian toll. The Saudi-led coalition’s ships are preventing essential supplies from entering Yemen, even in cases where vessels are carrying no weapons, according to previously unreported port records, a confidential United Nations report and interviews with humanitarian agencies and shipping lines.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... -blockade/

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: About that food that you threw out last night...

Post by Silver »

Here's a kid in North Korea that the Military Industrial Complex would rather you not see.
north korea.jpg
north korea.jpg (126.96 KiB) Viewed 957 times

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

What goes around comes around.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Has there ever been a time when countries who receive aid from other countries ever give aid to others? No, they just receive, receive, receive, and keep on having children... generations after generations who expect and take aid from other countries. No one has the right to bring children into the world and expect others to pay for them. Anyone who cannot provide shelter and food for themselves and their children should stay celibant and therefore not become pregnant. It should also be noted that such countries who receive aid from others generally have more military strength, more soldiers, more weapons than those countries from whom they receive aid.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Silver wrote: October 12th, 2017, 3:27 pm Here's a kid in North Korea that the Military Industrial Complex would rather you not see.

north korea.jpg
American kids are hungry too.

https://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl ... h%2Fx%2Fim

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

It is convenient to point to the blockade as the cause of the starvation, but in reality the root cause is the civil war which was predominantly funded and backed by Iran. It is true that not having the blockade might help alleviate a small portion of the suffering, although that is uncertain as there would be negative effects from allowing in the arms.

What is not true is that there is any connection between the food I ate last night and the emaciated children in Yemen or N. Korea. This is pure propaganda and is dishonest. Having a discussion about the merits of the blockade and weighing the good and bad consequences would be welcome. But this kind of garbage simple seeks to make an emotional, not rational, appeal.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Silver,
A FAMISHED NATION: A mother holds her undernourished four-year-old daughter at al-Sabeen hospital in Sanaa, Yemen, in April. The country is on the brink of famine, says the United Nations
I wonder what crossing over the brink looks like.

Regards,

George Clay

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Elizabeth wrote: October 12th, 2017, 5:34 pm Has there ever been a time when countries who receive aid from other countries ever give aid to others? No, they just receive, receive, receive, and keep on having children... generations after generations who expect and take aid from other countries. No one has the right to bring children into the world and expect others to pay for them. Anyone who cannot provide shelter and food for themselves and their children should stay celibant and therefore not become pregnant. It should also be noted that such countries who receive aid from others generally have more military strength, more soldiers, more weapons than those countries from whom they receive aid.
Oh, sorry everyone, I forgot to put up my customary notice in the original post: "Master Racists need not comment in this thread."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gclayjr wrote: October 12th, 2017, 7:56 pm Silver,
A FAMISHED NATION: A mother holds her undernourished four-year-old daughter at al-Sabeen hospital in Sanaa, Yemen, in April. The country is on the brink of famine, says the United Nations
I wonder what crossing over the brink looks like.

Regards,

George Clay
Ukraine in the 1930's? Somalia in 2011?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Serragon wrote: October 12th, 2017, 7:12 pm It is convenient to point to the blockade as the cause of the starvation, but in reality the root cause is the civil war which was predominantly funded and backed by Iran. It is true that not having the blockade might help alleviate a small portion of the suffering, although that is uncertain as there would be negative effects from allowing in the arms.

What is not true is that there is any connection between the food I ate last night and the emaciated children in Yemen or N. Korea. This is pure propaganda and is dishonest. Having a discussion about the merits of the blockade and weighing the good and bad consequences would be welcome. But this kind of garbage simple seeks to make an emotional, not rational, appeal.
Except the US is militarily supporting Saudi Arabia in this war. You know, Saudi Arabia, the country that funded part of the 9/11 operation. So to try to separate America from what the bloodthirsty Saudis are doing is naïve, but then I've come to expect that from many here.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Elizabeth wrote: October 12th, 2017, 5:34 pm Has there ever been a time when countries who receive aid from other countries ever give aid to others? No, they just receive, receive, receive, and keep on having children... generations after generations who expect and take aid from other countries. No one has the right to bring children into the world and expect others to pay for them. Anyone who cannot provide shelter and food for themselves and their children should stay celibant and therefore not become pregnant. It should also be noted that such countries who receive aid from others generally have more military strength, more soldiers, more weapons than those countries from whom they receive aid.
Yes there has. Europe was in shambles after World War 2, with the US sending a lot of food and other aid to various European countries as we helped them rebuild. Many of those countries have since given aid to others.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver, if it makes you happy and convinces you that a few less people are starving, I generally don't waste food. I have a Labrador Retriever. If I so much as answer a knock at the door with food on the table, it's gone almost immediately.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver wrote: October 12th, 2017, 8:11 pm
Oh, sorry everyone, I forgot to put up my customary notice in the original post: "Master Racists need not comment in this thread."
You didn't need to start this thread, either.

As to the food I threw out, if you think you are so high and mighty, come and get any and all food I throw out. And take it to these people around the world who are starving. If you want to feed them, feed them with your money.

Piddly poor attempt to throw a guilt trip. Fail.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

brianj wrote: October 12th, 2017, 8:34 pm Silver, if it makes you happy and convinces you that a few less people are starving, I generally don't waste food. I have a Labrador Retriever. If I so much as answer a knock at the door with food on the table, it's gone almost immediately.
I've had cats like that.

Turn away for a few seconds and the meat is gone out of your sandwich and eaten.

dc

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

David13 wrote: October 12th, 2017, 8:36 pm
You didn't need to start this thread, either.

As to the food I threw out, if you think you are so high and mighty, come and get any and all food I throw out. And take it to these people around the world who are starving. If you want to feed them, feed them with your money.

Piddly poor attempt to throw a guilt trip. Fail.
dc
Hugs and kisses right back at you.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Unfortunately, birth control is expensive and men like sex. In countries where birth control has been given freely, it is usually utilized happily. Parents don't like to struggle to feed child after child but they usually don't have any way of stopping it outside of abstinence which simply isn't going to happen.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

The point of this thread is not about individuals in the US who don't belong to the Clean Plate Club. It is intended to demonstrate, quite graphically, the results for which Americans will one day be judged. Those starving people are suffering due to sanctions and military actions by the US.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the blockade of Yemen isn't about not letting aid to the country. Commercial shipments have been blocked too.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver wrote: October 13th, 2017, 7:00 am The point of this thread is not about individuals in the US who don't belong to the Clean Plate Club. It is intended to demonstrate, quite graphically, the results for which Americans will one day be judged. Those starving people are suffering due to sanctions and military actions by the US.
Then write to your governmental representatives.
Don't whine here about our plates.
dc

PS I think we all know life isn't fair

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

David13 wrote: October 13th, 2017, 8:29 am
Silver wrote: October 13th, 2017, 7:00 am The point of this thread is not about individuals in the US who don't belong to the Clean Plate Club. It is intended to demonstrate, quite graphically, the results for which Americans will one day be judged. Those starving people are suffering due to sanctions and military actions by the US.
dc

It's not my fault that your dislike of the things I post affect your reading comprehension skills. You even quote my comment above that this thread is NOT about your plate. So for the challenged like you, I hereby confirm that this thread is about Americans who will get to wear sackcloth and ashes for their apathy.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver wrote: October 13th, 2017, 8:35 am
dc

It's not my fault that your dislike of the things I post affect your reading comprehension skills. You even quote my comment above that this thread is NOT about your plate. So for the challenged like you, I hereby confirm that this thread is about Americans who will get to wear sackcloth and ashes for their apathy.

Reading comprehension?
That's a good joke.
The title here is ...
"About that food that you threw out last night"

I wear sackcloth and ashes now.

And I guess you are too apathetic to address those governmental representatives that are responsible for what you complain about.

And you are so apathetic that you don't even care about the issue Elizabeth raised. You merely dismiss her with your high handed, self righteous epithet 'racist'. And ignore the important issue she addressed.

Bad form. Seems like pewter, at best.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

David13 wrote: October 13th, 2017, 8:46 am
dc

Reading comprehension?
That's a good joke.
The title here is ...

And I guess you are too apathetic to address those governmental representatives that are responsible for what you complain about.

And you are so apathetic that you don't even care about the issue Elizabeth raised. You merely dismiss her with your high handed, self righteous epithet 'racist'. And ignore the important issue she addressed.

Regardless of the title, which clearly drew you in (gotcha), by the 2nd post you could have realized my point but your dislike for my comments has broken your ability to reason.

As for Elizabeth, she's a racist.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver wrote: October 13th, 2017, 9:14 am
David13 wrote: October 13th, 2017, 8:46 am

dc

Reading comprehension?
That's a good joke.
The title here is ...

Regardless of the title, which clearly drew you in (gotcha), by the 2nd post you could have realized my point but your dislike for my comments has broken your ability to reason.

As for Elizabeth, she's a racist.
I think my reasoning is fine. As for yours, I can say, not so much.

Name calling. That's the best you can do. As for that, not so much.
dc

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Last edited by PressingForward on October 13th, 2017, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Deleted as my response was not one worthy of an Elder of Israel.