Thoughts on Hollywood now.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Thoughts on Hollywood now.

Post by Fiannan »

Is the Harvey Weinstein scandal only the tip of the iceberg? Is Hollywood really a dark and nasty place? What are your thoughts?

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Thoughts on Hollywood now.

Post by inho »

There are jerks everywhere, both in Hollywood and elsewhere. If Hollywood is dark and nasty, it isn't it because of sexual harassment behind the scenes. It is dark because of the influence it has on our thinking.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Hollywood is a cesspool.

You have people who are attracted to music, film, and television all consolidated in one place and people who are attracted to the arts tend to be more liberal in their views anyway. (no I am not suggesting that everyone who is interested in the arts is liberal)

You have very powerful people who get to pick from thousands of very liberal people for roles that they are all desperate for.

It's an environment that's ripe for abuse and I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg here. The floodgates could burst soon for a couple of reasons.

Other women (and likely men) will be emboldened and will now hopefully come forward.

NBC and the NY Times got busted sitting on these stories. It's very bad for them because how many people were abused in the 13 years that they buried it. If they are sitting on other stories it's unlikely that they will do so for long.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

This is old news, has been going on for decades. Even Trump has participated in the cesspool. Seldom do the actors stay in a marriage.

The sad thing is the people are no better and accept it, and even vote for a President with the background. So what is different?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Arenera wrote: October 12th, 2017, 12:33 pm This is old news, has been going on for decades. Even Trump has participated in the cesspool. Seldom do the actors stay in a marriage.

The sad thing is the people are no better and accept it, and even vote for a President with the background. So what is different?
How is Trump even close to someone like Weinstein? Give me examples. And try to not talk about that joke he made that inspired thousands of feminists to wear vagina costumes and hats. There is a huge difference between a private joke and the stuff in Hollywood.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

This pretty much sums up the Hollywood degeneracy. Warning on video: Jimmy Kimmel being disgusting on part of the Mark Dice commentary.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I find it interesting that the only person in all of hollywood who stood up to him even a little bit was Seth McFarlane. The last person in the world I would have expected.

I know, I know, not a huge stance but still, more than anyone else in that sewer did.

"A joke Seth MacFarlane made while announcing Academy Award nominees in 2013 is going viral amid the wave of sexual-harassment and sexual-assault accusations against the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

In a bit with Emma Stone at the time, MacFarlane, who was hosting the program, jokingly addressed the nominees for best supporting actress.

"Congratulations, you five ladies no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein," he said.

On Wednesday, MacFarlane said the joke was prompted by a friend telling him her story about Weinstein.

"In 2011, my friend and colleague Jessica Barth, with whom I worked on the Ted films, confided in me regarding her encounter with Harvey Weinstein and his attempted advances," MacFarlane tweeted. "She has since courageously come forward to speak out. It was with this account in mind that, when I hosted the Oscars in 2013, I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a hard swing in his direction. Make no mistake, this came from a place of loathing and anger. There is nothing more abhorrent and indefensible than abuse of power such as this."

On Wednesday, Barth urged people not to judge MacFarlane for making a joke instead of directly addressing Weinstein's behavior.

"To the people slamming Seth for not 'doing' anything, please STOP!" Barth tweeted. "He stood by me and respected my wishes that he not retaliate in any way.""

http://www.businessinsider.com/seth-mac ... ke-2017-10

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

Basically, the Gentiles have struck back.

RAB
captain of 100

Post by RAB »

I have heard stories, but keep in mind it is all hearsay. If what I have heard is true, then the moral degeneracy runs rampant, and is often a condition of gainful employment.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

When I think of Hollywood, I think of the children of Cain and the Sons of Seth (also known as the Sons of God or angels in the Book of Enoch) from the Second Book of Adam.

The Sons of Seth lived on the top of a mountain with the Patriarchs. The children of Cain lived at the bottom. The children of Cain would go to the bottom of the mountain and play music that "ravished the heart" and dance in immodest clothing. They had alcohol and would tempt the Sons of Seth. The Sons of Seth stopped fasting and praying as they had been taught and instead stood at the top of the mountain watching the children of Cain. The Patriarch's warned them not to go down, but after one year, they began to go down in groups until all but those that would enter the ark with Noah were left.

If we, the covenant people or Sons of God, stand around watching the sons of Cain, the wicked and Hollywood in this case, (especially if we watch them instead of reading scriptures, praying, fasting, participating in our Sabbath worship, attending the temple, etc) we can expect that after time we will want to join them and become like them.

The Second Book of Adam
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe104.htm

CHAP. XX.

Ravishing music; strong drink loosed among the sons of Cain. They don colorful clothing. The children of Seth look on with longing eyes. They revolt from wise counsel; they descend the mountain into the valley of iniquity. They can not ascend the mountain again.

AFTER Cain had gone down to the land of dark soil, and his children had multiplied therein, there was one of them, whose name was Genun, son of Lamech the blind who slew Cain.

2 But as to this Genun, Satan came into him in his childhood; and he made sundry trumpets and horns, and string instruments, cymbals and psalteries, and lyres and harps, and flutes; and he played on them at all times and at every hour.

3 And when he played on them, Satan came into them, so that from among them were heard beautiful and sweet sounds, that ravished the heart.

p. 77

4 Then he gathered companies upon companies to play on them; and when they played, it pleased well the children of Cain, who inflamed themselves with sin among themselves, and burnt as with fire; while Satan inflamed their hearts, one with another, and increased lust among them.

5 Satan also taught Genun to bring strong drink out of com; and this Genun used to bring together companies upon companies in drink-houses; and brought into their hands all manner of fruits and flowers; and they drank together.

6 Thus did this Genun multiply sin exceedingly; he also acted with pride, and taught the children of Cain to commit all manner of the grossest wickedness, which they knew not; and put them up to manifold doings which they knew not before.

7 Then Satan, when he saw that they yielded to Genun and hearkened to him in every thing he told them, rejoiced greatly, increased Genun's understanding, until he took iron and with it made weapons of war.

8 Then when they were drunk, hatred and murder increased among them; one man used violence against another to teach him evil taking his children and defiling them before him.

9 And when men saw they were overcome, and saw others that were not overpowered, those who were beaten came to Genun, took refuge with him, and he made them his confederates.

10 Then sin increased among them greatly; until a man married his own sister, or daughter, or mother, and others; or the daughter of his father's sister, so that there was no more distinction of relationship, and they no longer knew what is iniquity; but did wickedly, and the earth was defiled with sin, and they angered God the Judge, who had created them.

11 But Genun gathered together companies upon companies, that played on horns and on all the other instruments we have already mentioned, at the foot of the Holy Mountain; and they did so in order that the children of Seth who were on the Holy Mountain should hear it.

12 But when the children of Seth heard the noise, they wondered, and came by companies, and stood on the top of the mountain to look at those below; and they did thus a whole year.

13 When, at the end of that year, Genun saw that they were being won over to him little by little, Satan entered into him, and taught him to make dyeing-stuffs for garments of divers patterns, and made him understand how to dye crimson and purple and what not.

14 And the sons of Cain who wrought all this, and shone in beauty and gorgeous apparel, gathered together at the foot of the mountain in splendour, with horns and gorgeous dresses, and horse races, committing all manner of abominations.

15 Meanwhile the children of Seth, who were on the Holy Mountain, prayed and praised God, in the place of the hosts of angels who had fallen; wherefore God had called them "angels," because He rejoiced over them greatly.

16 But after this, they no longer kept His commandment, nor held by the promise He had made to their fathers; but they relaxed from their fasting and praying, and from the counsel of Jared their father. And they kept on gathering together on the top of the mountain, to look upon the children of Cain, from morning until evening, and upon what they did, upon their beautiful dresses and ornaments.

p. 78

17 Then the children of Cain looked up from below, and saw the children of Seth, standing in troops on the top of the mountain; and they called to them to come down to them.

18 But the children of Seth said to them from above, "We don't know the way." Then Genun, the son of Lamech, heard them say they did not know the way, and he bethought himself how he might bring them down.

19 Then Satan appeared to him by night, saying, "There is no way for them to come down from the mountain on which they dwell; but when they come to-morrow, say to them, 'Come ye to the western side of the mountain; there you will find the way of a stream of water, that comes down to the foot of the mountain, between two hills; come down that way to us.'"

20 Then when it was day, Genun blew the horns and beat the drums below the mountain, as he was wont. The children of Seth heard it, and came as they used to do.

21 Then Genun said to them from down below, "Go to the western side of the mountain, there you will find the way to come down."

22 But when the children of Seth heard these words from him, they went back into the cave to Jared, to tell him all they had heard.

23 Then when Jared heard it, he was grieved; for he knew that they would transgress his counsel.

24 After this a hundred men of the children of Seth gathered together, and said among themselves, "Come, let us go down to the children of Cain, and see what they do, and enjoy ourselves with them."

25 But when Jared heard this of the hundred men, his very soul was moved, and his heart was grieved. He then arose with great fervour, and stood in the midst of them, and adjured them by the blood of Abel the just, "Let not one of you go down from this holy and pure mountain, in which our fathers have ordered its to dwell."

26 But when Jared saw that they did not receive his words, he said unto them, "O my good and innocent and holy children, know that when once you go down from this holy mountain, God will not allow you to return again to it."

27 He again adjured them, saying, "I adjure by the death of our father Adam, and by the blood of Abel, of Seth, of Enos, of Cainan, and of Mahalaleel, to hearken to me, and not to go down from this holy mountain; for the moment you leave it, you will be reft of life and of mercy; and you shall no longer be called 'children of God,' but 'children of the devil.'"

28 But they would not hearken to his words.

29 Enoch at that time was already grown up, and in his zeal for God, be arose and said, "Hear me, O ye sons of Seth, small and great--when ye transgress the commandment of our fathers, and go down from this holy mountain--ye shall not come up hither again for ever."

30 But they rose up against Enoch, and would not hearken to his words, but went down from the Holy Mountain.

31 And when they looked at the daughters of Cain, at their beautiful figures, and at their hands and feet dyed with colour, and tattooed in ornaments on their faces, the fire of sin was kindled in them.

32 Then Satan made them look most beautiful before the sons of Seth, as he also made the sons of Seth appear of the fairest in the eyes of the daughters of Cain, so that the daughters of Cain lusted after the sons of

p. 79

[paragraph continues] Seth like ravenous beasts, and the sons of Seth after the daughters of Cain, until they committed abomination with them.

33 But after they had thus fallen into this defilement, they returned by the way they had come, and tried to ascend the Holy Mountain. But they could not, because the stones of that holy mountain were of fire flashing before them, by reason of which they could not go up again.

34 And God was angry with them, and repented of them because they had come down from glory, and had thereby lost or forsaken their own purity or innocence, and were fallen into the defilement of sin.

35 Then God sent His Word to Jared, saying, "These thy children, whom thou didst call 'My children,'--behold they have transgressed My commandment, and have gone down to the abode of perdition, and of sin. Send a messenger to those that are left, that they may not go down, and be lost."

36 Then Jared wept before the Lord, and asked of Him mercy and forgiveness. But he wished that his soul might depart from his body, rather than hear these words from God about the going down of his children from the Holy Mountain.

37 But he followed God's order, and preached unto them not to go down from that holy mountain, and not to hold intercourse with the children of Cain.

38 But they heeded not his message, and would not obey his counsel.
CHAP. XXI.

AFTER this another company gathered together, and they went to look after their brethren; but they perished as well as they. And so it was, company after company, until only a few of them were left.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

If you are willing to produce filth and sell it to the public then most likely your lifestyle supports or is even worse than what you are willing to show. Hollywood is full of evil. In the last days sin will not be hidden. More people are going to get ousted.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

markharr wrote: October 12th, 2017, 11:12 am Other women (and likely men) will be emboldened and will now hopefully come forward.

NBC and the NY Times got busted sitting on these stories. It's very bad for them because how many people were abused in the 13 years that they buried it. If they are sitting on other stories it's unlikely that they will do so for long.
Not only that, but some of the women coming out have been censored by Twitter and their accounts disabled for trying to report this filth.

https://www.gossipcop.com/the-view-rose ... deo-watch/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rose-mcgow ... legations/

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Fiannan wrote: October 12th, 2017, 12:43 pm
Arenera wrote: October 12th, 2017, 12:33 pm This is old news, has been going on for decades. Even Trump has participated in the cesspool. Seldom do the actors stay in a marriage.

How is Trump even close to someone like Weinstein? Give me examples. And try to not talk about that joke he made that inspired thousands of feminists to wear vagina costumes and hats. There is a huge difference between a private joke and the stuff in Hollywood.
The only joke here is your resistance to see the truth. Was The Apprentice part of Hollywood? Let’s compare wives, which of the wives were models? Which ones did nude shots?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Arenera wrote: October 12th, 2017, 4:38 pm
Fiannan wrote: October 12th, 2017, 12:43 pm

The only joke here is your resistance to see the truth. Was The Apprentice part of Hollywood? Let’s compare wives, which of the wives were models? Which ones did nude shots?
Are you aware of how absolutely absurd that comment is?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Ye without sin... I voted for Trump and have no regrets!

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

eddie wrote: October 13th, 2017, 12:00 am

Ye without sin... I voted for Trump and have no regrets!
Weinstein has produced some popular movies. His immoral behavior has gone on for decades, and others in the industry have done the same. This isn’t news.. Even Jane Fonda knew...

Trump is producing activities that some republicans like. He has been immoral for decades too. He has been married multiple times and currently landed on a model. Just like Weinstein. This is quite absurd don’t you think?

Well, the liberals sacrificed Weinstein. How long will this publicity go on? Long enough. Roger Ailes. Bill O’Reilly. Oh, and Harvey Weinstein.

I suspect when the populace has been driven to a frenzy, one of Trump’s escapades will be brought to light and the hammer will fall. Trump will probably do something stupid to get the focus off of him.

And then Trump becomes the short feather. Worth it to sacrifice Weinstein, right?

Yes, no regerts.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Hard core hating Liberals, Weinstein is a money donating democrat, I take creed in nothing said about Trump from
A bunch of cry babies, he's doing remarkable things for this country, NO REGRETS!!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Trump is producing activities that some republicans like. He has been immoral for decades too. He has been married multiple times and currently landed on a model. Just like Weinstein. This is quite absurd don’t you think?
When you say Trump landed on a model you mean he married her, right? And I hope you do not think that is what is absurd because there are really nice LDS male and female models out there. Nothing immoral about them.

As for Weinstein I am sure he landed on quite a few models over the decades, but not in the Trump context.

As for liberals in this nation I am sure they will find some way to try to reconstruct events like they do labels for their heroes:

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Its only considered sexual harassment if the guy doing the harassing is ugly. If the guy is "hot" its ok.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Gage wrote: October 13th, 2017, 1:16 pm Its only considered sexual harassment if the guy doing the harassing is ugly. If the guy is "hot" its ok.
I didn't know that, lol

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

eddie wrote: October 13th, 2017, 1:39 pm
Gage wrote: October 13th, 2017, 1:16 pm Its only considered sexual harassment if the guy doing the harassing is ugly. If the guy is "hot" its ok.
I didn't know that, lol

yep, oh and also creepy. But if the guy is hot the woman smiles and considers it flattering.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Gage wrote: October 13th, 2017, 1:43 pm
I didn't know that, lol

yep, oh and also creepy. But if the guy is hot the woman smiles and considers it flattering.
I thought women liked bad boys.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Gage wrote: October 13th, 2017, 1:43 pm
I didn't know that, lol

I have seen many recorded tests of women. Some average guy asks a woman out and he's accused of sexual harassment. Some hot guy says he wants ten minutes with her in the custodial closet and she's flattered. An average guy acted a little off at a dating website and was immediately labeled a creep. but a guy who looks like a model or posts pictures of himself with a luxury car and a business jet acts like Ted Bundy looking for a victim and the same women who call the normal guy a creep throw themselves at the pervert.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Really?

Somehow no matter what the news article is it always turns into Trump's fault again. We can do better.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Well, since the term "Casting Couch" has existed since the rise of the film industry in the very early 20th Century, I think it's clear this is nothing new, and while there'll be a backlash of this for a while, time will come again when some pretty young thing will try to make her mark on the film world by offering things to executives she shouldn't, and they'll eventually start seeing these things as "part of the business" if one wants to get ahead.