Toddler 'Home alone' in corn maze

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Toddler 'Home alone' in corn maze

Post by DEEPER storm »

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46116365&nid=1 ... il-morning
Yep. Home alone pretty much describes the situation.

Way too many kids.

And how come Utah has so many corn mazes ?

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Toddler 'Home alone' in corn maze

Post by kittycat51 »

How many times in the past year have we seen this same scenario? (Here in Utah). Okay, I get the fact that in the shuffle of many family members (several families living in the same household) I can see where one might think so and so grabbed him. BUT HOW do you get home and not put your OWN 3 year old to bed? Do you expect another "mother" in the household to do it? How do you not realize after an hour or 2 that he is missing? I don't get it! After a bit of thinking, I believe because there were multiple families in the house and it wasn't reported until morning, that those involved might be illegal, thus too afraid to approach law enforcement? Just my opinion.

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

kittycat51 wrote: October 11th, 2017, 10:59 am How many times in the past year have we seen this same scenario? (Here in Utah). Okay, I get the fact that in the shuffle of many family members (several families living in the same household) I can see where one might think so and so grabbed him. BUT HOW do you get home and not put your OWN 3 year old to bed? Do you expect another "mother" in the household to do it? How do you not realize after an hour or 2 that he is missing? I don't get it! After a bit of thinking, I believe because there were multiple families in the house and it wasn't reported until morning, that those involved might be illegal, thus too afraid to approach law enforcement? Just my opinion.
Accidentally leaving him there? Understandable.

Not realizing it until the next morning? Negligent.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Unbelievable.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I don't comprehend how you leave a kid behind in the first place. Shouldn't you notice that you didn't strap someone into a car seat, or that the seat is empty?

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

When they found the family of the child, they were in a house where there were several families living there and all sorts of children. I would suspect that they were illegal aliens all crammed into one house, and they were afraid to come forward, and that's why it took them so long.