What Is The Gospel of Jesus Christ?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Lone Apostle
Hi, I'm new.

What Is The Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Post by Lone Apostle »

Why is it anything and everything except what Jesus commanded in the first chapter of Acts, where he coached them concerning it being seen for forty days among the Jews, including all his disciples and even his apostles telling them to continue.....[doing what?]....until they receive the Promise of the Father in the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost.

Why is there no consensus and expert testimony on what is and what is not the actual baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost?

If there is spiritual competence in high places where is the great anxiety like that of Book of Mormon prophets that sought earnestly that the people receive the same thing?

Why is there no judgment about who is and who is not worthy to partake of the flesh and blood of Jesus without incurring the damnation of the Father for partaking unworthily? 3 Nephi 18.

Zion is not possible until a people do the gospel right. Even after there is a Zion if that Zion begins to fail to get it rights as was the case in the Book of Mormon, then Zion will fail and even that is predicted at the end of the Millennium when men again begin to deny their God.

I think that the [doing what?] is the most important thing to know and preach and watch over to see that what follows in the commanded gospel of Jesus Christ so that what is written is what is done.

icarus
captain of 10

Re: What Is The Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Post by icarus »

Lone Apostle,

I enjoyed your question. I'd like to point you to 2 Nephi 31 in general but look at verse 13 as you read the whole of the chapter. I feel that [doing what] is embedded here.

I hope you get something from it.

I would offer, to provoke thought, that the purpose of the sacrament, is given by Yushua in Luke, ...to remember him (basically). I don't see how anyone is not a sinner and therefore really not worthy anyway, but I love what Luke wrote, or quoted the Messiah as saying.

In my thinking, Zion is not possible unless each person of that community has 'come unto Christ' in this life. See 2 Nephi 31.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

I hadn’t read 2 Nephi 31 for a while. What an amazing chapter and also a terrifying chapter.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Unfortunately it's easier for people to follow a checklist than to seek an experience that they believe to be too extraordinary for every single person to receive. We still have a responsibility to teach the doctrine of Christ correctly and help others come unto Christ that they can be sanctified by the Holy Ghost and be taught by the Spirit.

There is a reason Nephi mourns in chapter 32 after teaching everything we see in 31. He knew his people didn't understand the extremely simple teachings and that we wouldn't either.

Lone Apostle
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Lone Apostle »

2 Nephi 31:13 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism—yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel.

This is perfect council when experience is looking back. However, everything is subjective going in. That is why competent coaching towards the commanded outcome is so vital. I suggest that if the Alam/sons of Mosiah level of anxiety for the welfare of others is missing then the real experience is to be doubted. Zion is the only possible outcome when a community is sufficiently righteous. They have forsaken the world and are not seeking the excellence of Babylon. This is counter to the lusts of all Christianity that want to rake in huge donations from those who excel and gain the riches of the world. I suggest further that the reality that true saints are more a fiscal liability than an economic win is why the gospel gets ignored.