LDS LIVING--Lesbian says, "heavenly father made me to be gay."

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: LDS LIVING--Lesbian says, "heavenly father made me to be gay."

Post by Fiannan »

Just wondering, have people noticed a turn to liberalism in the last few years by The Deseret News?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Fiannan wrote: October 15th, 2017, 11:41 am Just wondering, have people noticed a turn to liberalism in the last few years by The Deseret News?
That's putting it mildly. I would say it's a full-on bear hug with liberalism by the DN in the last few years.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

EmmaLee wrote: October 15th, 2017, 1:30 pm
Fiannan wrote: October 15th, 2017, 11:41 am Just wondering, have people noticed a turn to liberalism in the last few years by The Deseret News?
That's putting it mildly. I would say it's a full-on bear hug with liberalism by the DN in the last few years.
At least you know the ideology of the Salt Lake Tribune. The worse enemy is the one claiming to be an ally.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

They have gotten to the point of a lot of liberals.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

TrueIntent wrote: October 12th, 2017, 11:26 am "Sodom and Gomorrah have been used historically and today as metaphors for vice and homosexuality, although a close reading of the text and other Ancient Near Eastern sources suggest that this association may be incorrect.[8] " Im going to show you why?????....and then every scripture that has been used for Sodomite, and sodomy which is widely equated with homosexuality.....is then called into question. Sexuality is a sin in soddom, but it has more to do with the people and they way they worship, and less with sexual orientation. The sin of soddom and Gomorrah is THE SAME SIN of the book of mormon. I will teach you about Soddom and Gomorrah.
True messengers have already taught about Sodom and Gomorrah.

From the Apostle, Jude-
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Paul also left no doubt about homosexuality-

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

and

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

and

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

To be clear, from the OT-
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

In case there's a question about verse 22-
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:

It's proclaimed that homosexuality is an abomination^^, that's also one of the sins of Sodom as listed in Ezekiel-
50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Any interpretation that suggests homosexuality is not condemned in the Bible is a false interpretation.