Revelation from our prophets

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
djinwa
captain of 100

Revelation from our prophets

Post by djinwa »

In another thread, Ezra asked for examples of revelation from conference and it turned into a fight over energy healers.

Anyway, we teach the world that we have a prophet and he gets special revelation from God to guide us.

Seems that revelation should be unattainable without special powers.

So give examples of the most recent revelation from our prophets and how those without that special calling or power would be unable to come up with that.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: Revelation from our prophets

Post by eddie »

Huh?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I will not get into specifics, but there were words and phrases used at times that I thought were only for my benefit. There were talks that directly and indirectly told me about my present situation and what I needed to do. There was revelation for at least two very dear friends who have been struggling.

Some people expect new doctrine to be revealed at each conference, but for now we have enough doctrine. We need to live it, and we need guidance for our individual paths.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I've been noticing that true sources of revelation will focus on gratitude and humility to Heavenly Father for giving them what they need. But false sources seem to dwell on how powerful a power is and trusting in their own self instead of giving credit to God.

(Premortal life; Jesus said he would give Father the credit. Non-true source said give me the power and credit. Still same pattern.)

Zoramites; we are chosen and the ONLY people of God, let others starve. Converted Lamanites in Jershon; let us serve others and not let a single one perish.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Its not that you can’t receive revelation unless you have a special power, it’s that you won’t receive any except that it is for you or those in your charge. The prophet holds all the keys, and as such is the only one who can receive revelation for the world. When you hear a phrase in converence that seems like it was meant for you, that is your own personal revelation.