Antifa nationwide protest?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tribrac
captain of 1,000

Antifa nationwide protest?

Post by tribrac »

One of the millennials at work was saying Antifa is staging nationwide protests later this month with the goal of shuting down the freeways in every major metro area and causing as much disruption as possible to commerce and the status quo. Has anyone else heard about this? Anyway know what day?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Antifa nationwide protest?

Post by EmmaLee »

Here are some links with more info, FWIW. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they attempted this and worse.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/november- ... ifa-event/

http://yournewswire.com/antifa-riots-november-trump/

https://offgridsurvival.com/antifa-plan ... -4th-2017/

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Sigh.......it would be polite to thank you, but i wish i didnt know. Praying for peace, hoping a just and peaceful person will find a way to lead and unite ourcountry.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Man I hope they do that.

We will never be able to unite with the left, we simply must destroy them.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

Seek the Truth wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 8:31 pm Man I hope they do that.

WTH?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

setyourselffree wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 8:33 pm

WTH?

Or try to educate them. But that's really an impossibility. They can only educate themselves. And they don't want to do that.
dc

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

We must destroy the left. Politically. They have no value in their ideology or lifestyle. It's time to put it to an end.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

They are going to be blocking freeways?
Last edited by Fiannan on October 3rd, 2017, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

David13 wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 9:09 pm

WTH?

Or try to educate them. But that's really an impossibility. They can only educate themselves. And they don't want to do that.
dc
Educate? More like medicate.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Fiannan wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 9:55 pm

WTH?

dc
I believe they may already be a little too medicated. You know those billions worth of drugs have to be going some place.
dc

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Scheduled for 4 November 2017.
tribrac wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 7:53 pm One of the millennials at work was saying Antifa is staging nationwide protests later this month with the goal of shuting down the freeways in every major metro area and causing as much disruption as possible to commerce and the status quo. Has anyone else heard about this? Anyway know what day?

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

This is an excellent form of protest because not only will it not affect me but the public dissatisfaction will mean they will probably not view other protests *that would affect me* to be good ideas.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

HA! I had no idea they shut down the 101. As I read that, all I could think was that I drove on it that same day in LA and I'm glad I missed that. Traffic there sucks enough.
Other than that, meh. Sounds like a crappy way to spend a Saturday.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Fiannan wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 9:55 pm

WTH?

dc
Heavy metals medication. Maybe start with lead. Inject 180 grains qrn. ;-)

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

How to appease a leftist.

Give up 100% of your income and total control over every aspect of your life to a government that they control 100%. They will never be appeased until you do that.

If you are not OK with that then stop trying to appease them.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

markharr wrote: October 4th, 2017, 7:03 am How to appease a leftist.

Give up 100% of your income and total control over every aspect of your life to a government that they control 100%. They will never be appeased until you do that.

If you are not OK with that then stop trying to appease them.
My friend, a retired Airman MP has a way worth looking into. Take a large, long, square piece of hickory, carve a handle on one end and the word "APPEASEMENT" on the other end. Apply liberally. Very liberally.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

If a large group of angry people all dressed in black with masks on tryed to stop my vehicle on the road. I wouldn't stop.

There is no telling what they would do.
In order to ensure the safety of myself and my family I would leave that area immediately.
It's self defense to continue driving through them.

It's what I would tell everyone to do as well.

I would also suggest a large truck with large bumper.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

This is really disturbing.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Now this is a way to protest. Get's the point across, it's funny meaning it spreads to a larger audience and no violence or personal property destruction.

"Someone Dressed Like Monopoly’s “Rich Uncle Pennybags” is Photobombing Senate Equifax Hearing"

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10 ... x-hearing/

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I've not heard anything about this from any of my liberal friends. I'd expect to hear about it from them before I hear about it here.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

SmallFarm wrote: October 4th, 2017, 9:53 am I've not heard anything about this from any of my liberal friends. I'd expect to hear about it from them before I hear about it here.
I've not heard it from my liberal friends either, but they're liberal not Leftist. That's an important distinction. My friend the French Comparative Lit. professor and I can sit and talk all day long disagreeing about all manner of things, agreeing only that republicans and democrats have become opposite sides of the same twisted coin. However, I'm a conservative libertarian and he's a truly compassionate liberal. ANTIFA are, oddly enough, fascists.
Anti.jpg
Anti.jpg (58.1 KiB) Viewed 950 times

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

[youtube][/youtube]
skmo wrote: October 4th, 2017, 10:32 am
SmallFarm wrote: October 4th, 2017, 9:53 am I've not heard anything about this from any of my liberal friends. I'd expect to hear about it from them before I hear about it here.
I've not heard it from my liberal friends either, but they're liberal not Leftist. That's an important distinction. My friend the French Comparative Lit. professor and I can sit and talk all day long disagreeing about all manner of things, agreeing only that republicans and democrats have become opposite sides of the same twisted coin. However, I'm a conservative libertarian and he's a truly compassionate liberal. ANTIFA are, oddly enough, fascists.
Anti.jpg

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

"The planning is still in its early stages, but the organizers have an idea in mind. On Saturday, November 4—approximately a year after President Donald Trump’s election—members of the Resistance will descend on America’s major cities. They’ll march and demonstrate, as they have in the past, but this time, say organizers, they won’t go home at the end of the day. Instead, the plan is to occupy city centers and parks and not leave until, and only until, Trump and Vice President Mike Pence have fallen.

The New York meeting, which included around 90 people, took place at a community center only a short walk from Zuccotti Park, where Occupy Wall Street got its start six years ago. The plan for November 4 resembles that 2011 protest in more ways than one. Not only does the tactic of urban occupation directly stem from Occupy Wall Street, but several “Refuse Fascism” organizers were active participants in the Zuccotti Park protests—experience that made them sound like hardened veterans dishing out tactical advice to the new recruits.

“Everywhere there will be a need for a round-the-clock base of operations,” said Andy Zee, a Refuse Fascism organizer who took part in Occupy Wall Street. “Starting now, we need to plan.” Protesters will take shifts, they imagine, and those who are able will camp out each night."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ump-215518

"ON NOVEMBER 4, 2017:

We will gather in the streets and public squares of cities and towns across this country, at first many thousands declaring that this whole regime is illegitimate and that we will not stop until our single demand is met: This Nightmare Must End: the Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!

Our protest must grow day after day and night after night—thousands becoming hundreds of thousands, and then millions—determined to act to put a stop to the grave danger that the Trump/Pence Regime poses to the world by demanding that this whole regime be removed from power."

http://www.anonews.co/antifa-november-4th/

"Their placards bore letters that spelled out "NOV 4 IT BEGINS." But they couldn't get enough volunteers to hold all 12 letters, so the tallest among them, the ones with the broadest wingspans, held up two letters each. The eight people weren't enough to block the on-ramp, so some motorists were able to swerve around.

Hoberman says the protest was conceived in part to get the word out about a Nov. 4 demonstration the group is planning. He says it's being modeled on the Women's March held in January at Pershing Square and that organizers hope the action will include an encampment in a public place, à la Occupy Wall Street, or at least a prolonged series of protests over several days.

A video of the protest uploaded to the group's Facebook page has more than 700,000 views. Many of the 24,000-plus commenters asked for more information about Nov. 4."

http://www.laweekly.com/news/why-did-pr ... an-8694296