It might not be about gun control

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

It might not be about gun control

Post by Rose Garden »

https://www.allenbwest.com/2017/10/02/i ... ling-fact/
If it turns out to be true that this shooter became a “foot soldier of the Islamic State” just months ago, as ISIS claims, and that it was therefore an ISIS attack (and thus far, whenever they’ve claimed responsibility for such an incident, it’s been true) then it’s high time to stop messing around with these people and let our military off the leash to deal with these hounds once and for all.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: It might not be about gun control

Post by gardener4life »

That's an interesting observation. It's also true that his girlfriend fled overseas right before he did all this. (kind of fishy). Why didn't she say something?

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Shooter's father was on FBI'S most wanted list
In 1968.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

My first thought befor knowing anything about it other then mass shooting at a county western concert was.

Had to be a extreme left antifa member. Probably democrat.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Seek the Truth wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 11:12 pm I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
Very good advice.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Seek the Truth wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 11:12 pm I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
This times 1000.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I agree don't jump to conclusions, or as the immoral Slip Mahoney used to say, don't jump to seclusions.
But. Something doesn't seem right with this. The big thing that comes to mind are Lee Harvey Oswald's last words. "I'm just a patsy".
So my question remains, did this guy do it? Or was he just set up to take the fall.
dc

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Of all things, it was clearly an act of terrorism: going out to murder people going about their lives. The government should properly respond and say that this attrocity shouldn't be justification to destroy business with draconian security regulations.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I should point out that as far as I can tell no one has made any conclusions. For me, gun control is the first thing that comes to mind when I hear about mass shootings. That's what starts buzzing all over the news right away. But this article I quoted brought another idea up. Just like the twin towers, this tragedy may be used to promote more war efforts. It's a new angle to a mass shooting.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Let's take the advice of Mad Dog Mattis.

"You are part of the world's most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon."