God Bless Elder Hales

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
kittycat51
captain of 1,000

God Bless Elder Hales

Post by kittycat51 »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: God Bless Elder Hales

Post by Elizabeth »

A life well lived.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

He gave a great talk last conference.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

Always appreciated his soft and gentle disposition while giving talks in General Conference. May his widow and family members be blessed with peace and comfort at this time.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

We've been reminded in the current conference of the magnificence of the testimonies of the Special Witnesses of the Lord. One in particular is known as The Living Christ. It was issued on January 1, 2000. Remember that was supposed to be the day the planes fell from the skies due to something known as Y2K. President Faust told us not to worry about it during General Conference in October, 1999. He was right and all the purveyors of doom and gloom were wrong.

Anyway, look at the list of men who signed The Living Christ and note Elder Hales' position.
Living Christ Signatories.jpg
Living Christ Signatories.jpg (29.3 KiB) Viewed 448 times

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

During the April 2013 General Conference Priesthood Session Elder Robert Hales made a statement which has been ringing like a clarion call in my mind ever since. He said “We are role models to the world, protecting God-given and unalienable rights.”

May we live up to that statement.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

My favorite was his SA talk about 25 years ago. One of the few talks I've ever taken notes on.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Elder Andersons final remarks which included a small part of some remarks written by Elder Hales within the last few weeks and given to Elder Anderson brought a tear to my eyes. I felt the sweet spirit of an Apostle of the Lord who had truly developed the faith necessary to meet his Father. What a glorious day for him to do just that.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

Does anyone know if Elder Hales is the first apostle to pass away during General Conference?