Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: Who's excited for General Conference next weekend?

Post by SmallFarm »

Both excited and anxious. I'll be glad when it's over uneventfully. Perilous times we live in.....

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

Beyond grateful to hear from living Apostles and Prophets who testify and witness of Christ. Praying for all the men and women who speak that the spirit may help convey the messages they have been inspired to share.

I always enjoy the conference commentary from http://middleagedmormonman.com/home/

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I'm am excited as long as conference doesn't pre-empt
Anything President Trump has to say about making America great again! J/K

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

CelestialAngel wrote: September 23rd, 2017, 11:23 am I know I'm super excited. With all that's going on in the world I'm excited to hear the prophets seers and revelators apostles speak and give us guidance and what we need to hear at the moment. In fact I'm hoping they give basic and simple talks that a child can understand. Everyone's expecting meat doctrinal talks but I'm hoping for simple milk talks to get back to the basic fundamentals of what we need to be doing to be disciples of Christ and good people. I can't wait for next Saturday and I hope the Sisters enjoy tonight's session! :)
They might give both meat and milk. I'll be fine with both, but not one of them.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

CelestialAngel wrote: September 23rd, 2017, 11:23 am I know I'm super excited. With all that's going on in the world I'm excited to hear the prophets seers and revelators apostles speak and give us guidance and what we need to hear at the moment. In fact I'm hoping they give basic and simple talks that a child can understand. Everyone's expecting meat doctrinal talks but I'm hoping for simple milk talks to get back to the basic fundamentals of what we need to be doing to be disciples of Christ and good people. I can't wait for next Saturday and I hope the Sisters enjoy tonight's session! :)
The talks don't need to be 'basic and simple', they just need to be inspired, which they will be. And, if you have the spirit to guide you, you will understand everything they teach you. It will be clear, direct and powerful.

Women's session was wonderful, very inspired talks.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I have a feeling that this conference is going to be particularly significant. I don't know if it will be significant for me or for all of us, but that's the feeling I get.

Arandur
captain of 100

Post by Arandur »

It's an excellent opportunity to receive revelation, and also to get a glimpse at some of the problems and blessings that are to come on a large scale. To put it simply, I can hardly wait.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I don't mind saying not me.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

"I'm as excited as a very excited person who's got a special reason for being excited" - Lieutenant The Honourable George Colthurst St Barleigh (Hugh Laurie), Blackadder Goes Forth - BBC.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I felt Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was timely, with regard to opposing groups hating each other and ascribing their own actions as love. As well as the point that our discipleship is based on what we do, not how the other person chooses to feel and act. They may hate us, even as we love and serve them, but we are still to love and serve them.

That counsel seems needed in today's world.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Well, I'd say I was excited... but i know that i will probably miss most of the sessions... and those that I am able that catch, i'll probably sleep through.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Durzan wrote: September 25th, 2017, 8:18 am Well, I'd say I was excited... but i know that i will probably miss most of the sessions... and those that I am able that catch, i'll probably sleep through.
That was me when I used to work graves. Good thing is they have the sessions available online later the same day.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Until the church sheds its shackles with the fed gov and 501c3, I'm not counting on anything of substance - nothing ever changes - same old rhetoric every six months. I am curious though to see if they announce their $1 billion renovation project for the area around the Mesa temple?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

It is going to be awesome as always.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

GrandMasterB wrote: September 25th, 2017, 4:31 pm It is going to be awesome as always.
Glamorized sacrament meeting talks?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

Aside from the awesomeness of listening to inspired prophetic counsel, general conference has become the one and only time I can relax and safely enjoy speakers who aren't contentiously attacking/fighting with those who don't agree with them.

I think there's a prophecy about this somewhere...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The most amazing thing happened. Someone invited me over for Saturday afternoon session and an early dinner afterward! I was thinking of going to the Tabernacle for priesthood session just so I could spend a session with other people and not be completely alone. But with a deeply needed invitation I am looking forward to conference with even more excitement!

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Looking forward to Conference...

Please let it be known the following:

1890: Manifesto released
1973: War begins between Israel and enemies
1987: President Benson gives his last talk on the Constitution.
1995: Family Proclamation released.
2014: Last Conference where the sustainings were unanimous in the Conference Center
2017: ???

What do these five things have in common?

A separation resulted shortly thereafter these conferences.

The righteous following Yahweh. The wicked following Azazael and leaving the camp only to die in the desert.

These events, all passed in October conference.

On Yom Kippur.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Can you change the title to "This Weekend"?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

CelestialAngel wrote: September 28th, 2017, 12:39 pm
Z2100 wrote: September 28th, 2017, 8:21 am
Can you change the title to "This Weekend"?
Done.
Cool. I felt like I had to correct you lol

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Z2100 wrote: September 28th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Z2100 wrote: September 28th, 2017, 8:21 am Can you change the title to "This Weekend"?
Done.
Someone as anal as me? Nice!

Love
captain of 100

Re: Who's excited for General Conference this weekend?

Post by Love »

Too bad President Monson and Elder Hales are too ill to come.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

brianj wrote: September 28th, 2017, 10:16 pm
Z2100 wrote: September 28th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Z2100 wrote: September 28th, 2017, 8:21 am Can you change the title to "This Weekend"?
Done.
Someone as anal as me? Nice!
What? :?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Who's excited for General Conference this weekend?

Post by Robin Hood »

OK, honesty time here.
Does anyone else find it boring?