Fireworks over Utah Lake

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Fireworks over Utah Lake

Post by Rose Garden »

So apparently someone decided to celebrate in style before the end of the world. That's the only reason I can think of for the random display of fireworks over Utah Lake this evening. Anyone know anything about it?

Z2100
captain of 100

Re: Fireworks over Utah Lake

Post by Z2100 »

Meili wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:50 pm So apparently someone decided to celebrate in style before the end of the world. That's the only reason I can think of for the random display of fireworks over Utah Lake this evening. Anyone know anything about it?
If I were the person setting-off fireworks, I'd be celebrating 23/9 because the political Kingdom of god will be reborn!!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

What is the political kingdom of God? How will it be born?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Meili wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:53 pm What is the political kingdom of God? How will it be born?
Okay:
Remember the council of 50 and the "night the stars fell" in 1833. I should be like that all over again.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:54 pm
Meili wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:53 pm What is the political kingdom of God? How will it be born?
Okay:
Remember the council of 50 and the "night the stars fell" in 1833. I should be like that all over again.
What exactly are you talking about?

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Interesting. I guess we'll see.

I personally think it's wise to note the signs in the heavens but not set my heart on any specific interpretation. I do believe it means something but I prefer to wait and see what actually happens before deciding what that is exactly.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It is my understanding/recollection from my readings that the Political Kingdom of God will be the government that will grow out of the Church, but will not be the Church and its leadership will not be limited to members of the Church. From statements by Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, and Heber C. Kimball, it appears to me that the Kingdom of God will be established after the fulfillment of that prophecy attributed to Joseph Smith that America will be hanging on the ropes and "this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean, and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction." That's all I can comfortably say from my memory.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:54 pm
Okay:
From the brief research I just did the night the stars fell and the council of 50 have nothing to do with each other. The council was not established until 1844. While the night the stars fell was in 1833.