Snuffer LIVE From Los Angeles California

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Snuffer LIVE From Los Angeles California

Post by clarkkent14 »

Live Stream

In case you missed the ad in the LA Times and couldn't make it.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: Snuffer LIVE From Los Angeles California

Post by Ezra »

Crickets.

underdog
captain of 100

Post by underdog »

Major prophesy was uttered, IMHO.

For interested people who missed it, the highlights were as follows:

• He spent time on discussing what it means to "be sent."
  • He taught the doctrine of Christ.
  • Invited all to be baptized.
  • Said read Matthew 24, which is about the signs immediately preceding the Second Coming.
  • Said the signs have begun.
  • Referred to verse 34 saying ALL the signs will be fulfilled in THIS generation. Big time prophesy.
  • Said to be of good cheer, that prophets will be among you. As in PLURALITY of prophets.
  • Said that if you're going to listen to a preacher who says he has a message from God, you should only listen to one who has been sent.
  • He bore testimony at the end that he knows Christ lives, for he has seen Him, as Paul saw Him.
  • He compared himself to Noah.
  • Said the end times will be like Noah's day. That's the scary part. But said the good news is that there will be prophets sent, just as Noah was sent.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

And also don't forget that for every "prophet " that God sends there are plenty of false prophets or fakers that Satan sends to oppose the true ones....
So my stand is this specifically:
Brigham Young was called By Jesus Christ himself to the apostleship and to the presiding high priesthood and to the leadership of the church and Kingdom of God to all the earth.
And Denver Snuffer is opposed to Brigham Young, and yet claims to have seen Jesus Christ. Well I have no doubt in my mind that Denver has seen somebody "miraculously speaking" but as to actually being Jesus Christ, sorry, nothing but an immitation, the devil in disguise, the devil appearing as an angel of light, to deceive the very elect.
It reminds me of Mr. Korihor:

But behold, the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: Go and reclaim this people, for they have all gone astray after an unknown God. And he said unto me: There is no God; yea, and he taught me that which I should say. And I have taught his words; and I taught them because they were pleasing unto the carnal mind; and I taught them, even until I had much success, insomuch that I verily believed that they were true; and for this cause I withstood the truth, even until I have brought this great curse upon me.

Denver is a " vain aspirant" a cunning lawyer that seemingly portrays himself as not seeking for power, but I notice that he has claimed revelation telling him that his name is " David" setting the stage for another one ( of the many hundreds already) claimants to being " the One Mighty and Strong" or the "Davidical Servant".
The minute you start " aspiring" is the minute Satan gains power over you, that is, if you do not repent.
"He is fallen, he is fallen, even a son of the morning". Do not think for a moment you or any of us are more intelligent then that " son of the morning" . Satan has something for everybody and will "deceive the very elect if it were possible", and I would venture to say that the best success he has to deceive us is when men " aspire" to greatness, to position, to authority, to power etc.

Now back to Brigham Young and Denver. Brigham Young was and still is God's anointed, and for Denver to summarily dismiss Brigham should be a "key whereby you may not be deceived" . And that my friends is good enough for me. Any so-called claimant to light that knocks God's anointed hath not God's spirit. Although may have had it but lost it.
That is my summary

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

underdog wrote: September 21st, 2017, 9:45 pm Major prophesy was uttered, IMHO.

• Said read Matthew 24, which is about the signs immediately preceding the Second Coming.
  • Referred to verse 34 saying ALL the signs will be fulfilled in THIS generation. Big time prophesy.
  • Said to be of good cheer, that prophets will be among you. As in PLURALITY of prophets.
  • Said that if you're going to listen to a preacher who says he has a message from God, you should only listen to one who has been sent.
  • He bore testimony at the end that he knows Christ lives, for he has seen Him, as Paul saw Him.
  • Said the end times will be like Noah's day. That's the scary part. But said the good news is that there will be prophets sent, just as Noah was sent.
i believe the scriptures. I believe what it says in Mormon chapter 8 about every church being polluted. I believe that mean the lds church as well.

I also believe it means the church of Denver snuffer.

Don't put your trust in men.

Take a big example from nephi seeking the tree of life. Who was bid by a man dressed in white to come follow me. And he did. And was lead into the Wilderness. Tell once again he repeated and turned to the lord.

The path to Becoming like our Heavenly Father is one that is filled with the precepts of men like Denver and other men.

Talk to god yourself if you wanna know about him and want to be like him.

By latching on to the teaching of a man your only setting yourself up to be lead into the wilderness.

I testify that he will answer if you seek him and listen. Truly listen.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

simpleton wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:59 am Brigham Young was called By Jesus Christ himself to the apostleship and to the presiding high priesthood and to the leadership of the church and Kingdom of God to all the earth.
Agreed.
simpleton wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:59 am And Denver Snuffer is opposed to Brigham Young, and yet claims to have seen Jesus Christ. Well I have no doubt in my mind that Denver has seen somebody "miraculously speaking" but as to actually being Jesus Christ, sorry, nothing but an immitation, the devil in disguise, the devil appearing as an angel of light, to deceive the very elect.
I don't see the need to even grant that much, that Denver has seen anything. It is possible that Denver has seen an "angel of light" type of being like Korihor, but the more likely explanation is either mental illness or that Denver Snuffer is simply lying. Whatever he is, the Devil helpeth him, because he has become a person of notoriety, a person "before of old" ordained to the gathering of the tares of the field from among us. (Jude 1:4). Choose ye this day.

What is the only thing that separates Denver from any other leader of any other apostate group from history before him? He is subtle and sophisticated and intelligent, crafty and cloven-tongued, possibly the most intelligent leader of a schismatic group I have ever seen. And Denver is giving people on the fringes something they have been looking for. More power to them, then, if they have found what they are looking for, as they have that right, to go after whatever it is that attracts them to this character. While we allow all to worship whatever they will, however they will, that doesn't make them chosen, in the sense of following the Spirit of the Lord. All schismatic movements must start out with colorful characters, led by some sort of drive. And Denver is certainly capitalizing on the anniversary of the Protestant reformation. Denver is no dummy, no matter what he is.
Last edited by EdGoble on September 22nd, 2017, 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

underdog
captain of 100

Post by underdog »

simpleton wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:59 am And also don't forget that for every "prophet " that God sends there are plenty of false prophets or fakers that Satan sends to oppose the true ones....
So my stand is this specifically:
Brigham Young was called By Jesus Christ himself to the apostleship and to the presiding high priesthood and to the leadership of the church and Kingdom of God to all the earth.
And Denver Snuffer is opposed to Brigham Young, and yet claims to have seen Jesus Christ. Well I have no doubt in my mind that Denver has seen somebody "miraculously speaking" but as to actually being Jesus Christ, sorry, nothing but an immitation, the devil in disguise, the devil appearing as an angel of light, to deceive the very elect.
It reminds me of Mr. Korihor:

But behold, the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: Go and reclaim this people, for they have all gone astray after an unknown God. And he said unto me: There is no God; yea, and he taught me that which I should say. And I have taught his words; and I taught them because they were pleasing unto the carnal mind; and I taught them, even until I had much success, insomuch that I verily believed that they were true; and for this cause I withstood the truth, even until I have brought this great curse upon me.

Denver is a " vain aspirant" a cunning lawyer that seemingly portrays himself as not seeking for power, but I notice that he has claimed revelation telling him that his name is " David" setting the stage for another one ( of the many hundreds already) claimants to being " the One Mighty and Strong" or the "Davidical Servant".
The minute you start " aspiring" is the minute Satan gains power over you, that is, if you do not repent.
"He is fallen, he is fallen, even a son of the morning". Do not think for a moment you or any of us are more intelligent then that " son of the morning" . Satan has something for everybody and will "deceive the very elect if it were possible", and I would venture to say that the best success he has to deceive us is when men " aspire" to greatness, to position, to authority, to power etc.

Now back to Brigham Young and Denver. Brigham Young was and still is God's anointed, and for Denver to summarily dismiss Brigham should be a "key whereby you may not be deceived" . And that my friends is good enough for me. Any so-called claimant to light that knocks God's anointed hath not God's spirit. Although may have had it but lost it.
That is my summary
You said,

Now back to Brigham Young and Denver. Brigham Young was and still is God's anointed, and for Denver to summarily dismiss Brigham should be a "key whereby you may not be deceived".
The thing is, B.Y. never claimed to be called by Jesus Christ, nor to have been a true prophet like Joseph Smith.

B.Y. is more properly described by your words here:

If you're right about Denver, surely it will be made manifest by evidence sooner or later. Now the only thing critics are saying is that "He's crazy. He's saying God spoke to him."

All true prophets hear the same criticism leveled at them. As do all false prophets. He's either false or true. That we can agree on. But saying he's false because he says he's seen God and has been sent? Not a good basis for a bulletproof case against him.

underdog
captain of 100

Post by underdog »

Ezra wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:26 am

i believe the scriptures. I believe what it says in Mormon chapter 8 about every church being polluted. I believe that mean the lds church as well.

Take a big example from nephi seeking the tree of life. Who was bid by a man dressed in white to come follow me. And he did. And was lead into the Wilderness. Tell once again he repeated and turned to the lord.

The path to Becoming like our Heavenly Father is one that is filled with the precepts of men like Denver and other men.

By latching on to the teaching of a man your only setting yourself up to be lead into the wilderness.

Awesome advice. Couldn't agree more.

And yes, if Denver had established a church it would already be corrupted. But he hasn't and won't. So he says.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

underdog wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:52 am

And yes, if Denver had established a church it would already be corrupted. But he hasn't and won't. So he says.
So that conference in Boise was all make believe?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to impress those who want to be impressed.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Let me just say that Denver Snuffer has got nothing. A big nothing burger. For all you who have imagined some great awakening through Snuffer, you must make God impotent. That He most certainly is not. If the prophets and apostles of the true church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, had strayed from the path, God could easily remove them and install those more faithful to His revealed word.

There is a great opportunity coming up soon to listen to true messengers. Enjoy General Conference, y'all.

underdog
captain of 100

Post by underdog »

Ezra wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:03 am

No corporation.

No hierarchy.

No organization. Save some decentralized fellowships.

Nothing to control or infiltrate.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

underdog wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:52 am And yes, if Denver had established a church it would already be corrupted. But he hasn't and won't. So he says.
Ah yes, another very clever positioning. Establish a Church, but say it is a non-Church. Very good positioning indeed. Very clever indeed. A loose group of fellowships that do not constitute a "Church," but all look to a certain head as someone that has been "sent," to give them God's word. Establish an institution without strict institutional constraints. It is a very clever thing, something that a lawyer came up with. Very intelligent twisting of reality.

You see, here's where this all breaks down:

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... n?lang=eng

Here is Elder Oak's talk on the two lines of communication, the institutional, and the personal.

Denver Snuffer would have us do away with the institutional line of communication, and assert there is no such thing and never should have been a need for the institution, but that there is still a need for "messengers." Why would there be a need for messengers at all, if we are to go to God directly as Denver tells us we ought to? If there is no need for keys or authorized institutions, then we have no need for Denver at all. We are our own prophets then. Let's go join the Baptists then. While Denver's logic is sophisticated, the logic breaks down under the microscope. The personal communication line does not replace the institutional line, and the institutional line does not replace the personal one. They are both checks and balances. Denver wants to get rid of the institution, and have people almost entirely rely entirely on the personal line, but create this new "messengers" thing as an excuse for setting himself up still as something people ought to look to, and as an excuse to explain away what the need for the institution was. Sorry. It doesn't work.

If people don't like what the institution is doing, and think it is astray in some fashion, they should wait patiently for the Lord to reform it in his time. If your personal line of communication is not in accord with what you see coming from the institution, then it means one of two things. Either, you yourself are off track, or you are ahead of your time. If you are ahead of your time, then recognize that you may know truth ahead of the time that the institution will get that same truth. If so, you are under covenant to support your leaders, so WAIT. Wait patiently for things to be put in order in the Lord's way. Because the Lord has a particular timing for institutional revelation to come to the institution. Truth may be revealed to you separately that has a separate timing from this. Because astray or not, it happens to have the keys, something else Denver has attempted to explain away. Interestingly, David Whitmer spoke of the Second Great work, to be accomplished after the time of the smashing up of this nation, which would be a work like Joseph Smith did. This can be nothing more and nothing less than a new Mormon Reformation to take place at the time of the revealing of the sealed portion at the time it will come forth, AFTER the smashing up of this nation. The time is not yet. But interestingly, this won't be Denver Snuffer or any of his ilk leading this thing. This will be Mormon Prophets, Seers and Revelators with keys to bring about a Mormon Reformation. And so, if reform is needed, which it is, it will be done in order and in proper timing, not OUT OF ORDER by excommunicants.
Last edited by EdGoble on September 22nd, 2017, 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Robin Hood wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:04 am
It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to impress those who want to be impressed.
The kind of people Paul warned Timothy about:

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;" 2 Tim 4:3

People don't like what God's prophets tell them, so they find prophets of their own, or they just create gods of their own.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

underdog wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:36 am

No corporation.

No hierarchy.

No organization....
No authority.

No truth.

No prophets.

No apostles.

No spirit.

No scripture.

No divine acceptance.

No chance!
Last edited by Robin Hood on September 22nd, 2017, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Silver wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:13 am Let me just say that Denver Snuffer has got nothing. A big nothing burger. For all you who have imagined some great awakening through Snuffer, you must make God impotent. That He most certainly is not. If the prophets and apostles of the true church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, had strayed from the path, God could easily remove them and install those more faithful to His revealed word.

There is a great opportunity coming up soon to listen to true messengers. Enjoy General Conference, y'all.
Remove them? I don't think that's how God works. Out of curiosity anyone know if there is any scriptures that point to that as a pattern or if that had ever happened?

I know the conference talk where that was said but that seems to me an out of character statement. God has allowed many people to be lead to destruction by false prophets. I also I just mentioned the scripture in Mormon 8 34-41. Moroni said every church "every one" was polluted.

Thinking on that Satan would want everyone who is in a church that is polluted to think it's not so that they continue to walk a path that is corrupted instead of realizing the curruption and repenting.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

No organization.
6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth. -Joseph Smith

Another example of Denver's waywardness. I can't believe you follow Snuffer when Christ's restoration testifies against him in so many, many ways.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Ezra wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:03 am

No corporation.

No hierarchy.

No organization. Save some decentralized fellowships.

Nothing to control or infiltrate.
All you need is a body of followers to be a church. Think on nephi's day.

underdog
captain of 100

Post by underdog »

Ezra wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:43 am
Silver wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:13 am Let me just say that Denver Snuffer has got nothing. A big nothing burger. For all you who have imagined some great awakening through Snuffer, you must make God impotent. That He most certainly is not. If the prophets and apostles of the true church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, had strayed from the path, God could easily remove them and install those more faithful to His revealed word.

Remove them? I don't think that's how God works. Out of curiosity anyone know if there is any scriptures that point to that as a pattern or if that had ever happened?

I know the conference talk where that was said but that seems to me an out of character statement. God has allowed many people to be lead to destruction by false prophets. I also I just mentioned the scripture in Mormon 8 34-41. Moroni said every church "every one" was polluted.

Thinking on that Satan would want everyone who is in a church that is polluted to think it's not so that they continue to walk a path that is corrupted instead of realizing the curruption and repenting.
How does any one church escape being included in "every one"?

Was Moroni sloppy in his use of terms? Is this an incorrect translation by Joseph?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Remove = if necessary, people dying and making room for those true to God.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

If the snuffer movement weren't so blinded this would be a hard pill to swallow. From my memory one of the biggest turn on's to snuffer was that you didn't need a prophet and that you should seek Christ. So lets lay this out -

So they followed a prophet until they disagreed with him
They said one should look directly to the Savior for revelation so no need for a prophet
Now the Lord is going to send prophets again
Good news this are going to be bad but we have propehts to help us get through them
Surprise I am a prophet listen to me
Don't listen to those who have not been sent (I will tell you who has been sent- surprise it's me)

So what is this big list of prophesy from Snuffer: From the list I read there was only 1: "Referred to verse 34 saying ALL the signs will be fulfilled in THIS generation. Big time prophesy."

Holy smokes - so either Snuffer has guessed right or we have to wait 25.5 years and then have the snuffer crowd debate what a generation is. At least you have some time to hang on to the guy.

Since we all know the signs of the times have been manifesting themselves for some time, to say that they will all be fulfilled in this generation is about as risky as selling caffeinated drinks at BYU.

underdog
captain of 100

Post by underdog »

e-eye2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 10:10 am If the snuffer movement weren't so blinded this would be a hard pill to swallow. From my memory one of the biggest turn on's to snuffer was that you didn't need a prophet and that you should seek Christ. So lets lay this out -

They said one should look directly to the Savior for revelation so no need for a prophet
Good news this are going to be bad but we have propehts to help us get through them
Don't listen to those who have not been sent (I will tell you who has been sent- surprise it's me)

So what is this big list of prophesy from Snuffer: From the list I read there was only 1: "Referred to verse 34 saying ALL the signs will be fulfilled in THIS generation. Big time prophesy."

Holy smokes - so either Snuffer has guessed right or we have to wait 25.5 years and then have the snuffer crowd debate what a generation is. At least you have some time to hang on to the guy.

Since we all know the signs of the times have been manifesting themselves for some time, to say that they will all be fulfilled in this generation is about as risky as selling caffeinated drinks at BYU.
Perhaps you're right about the 'big time"ness of the prophesy. Perhaps I sensationalized it? I was looking at it from a perspective of the clock is now ticking. We all know that going back hundreds of years, even back to Peter's day, that there are people who think or thought THEIR generation is/was THE generation when Christ would come. So to say it is THIS generation is very significant. Has anybody in the Mormon Church recently said something so bold? I can't think of a time where THIS generation was called out. Couple that with Denver's prophesy that American will end in fratricidal and genocidal warfare, we have a person who at least is saying things a true prophet (like Noah) would be saying.

And you said (I corrected your typos...my response in blue):

So they followed a prophet until they disagreed with him. Speaking of TSM? I can't think of anything I've disagreed with him about. Besides exing Denver.
They said one should look directly to the Savior for revelation so no need for a prophet. Yes to look to the Savior. I wish there is no need for a prophet, but that seems to be God's M/O. I've not seen Denver teach there's no need for a prophet categorically.
Now the Lord is going to send prophets again. He always has, so why not now?
Good news... things are going to get bad but we have prophets to help us get through them. That would be good if true.
Surprise I am a prophet listen to me. That would be good if he's legit. And the status quo if not legit.
Last edited by underdog on September 22nd, 2017, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

underdog wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:50 am

Was Moroni sloppy in his use of terms? Is this an incorrect translation by Joseph?
Maybe Joseph Smith forgot about that part of the Book of Mormon. Poor Joseph didn't stand a chance because as soon as the church was organized by the commandment of God, then BOOM! it's a church, and all church's are corrupt. I suggest you think things through just a bit more, underdog.

1 The rise of the Church of Christ in these last days, being one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh, it being regularly organized and established agreeable to the laws of our country, by the will and commandments of God, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April—

2 Which commandments were given to Joseph Smith, Jun., who was called of God, and ordained an apostle of Jesus Christ, to be the first elder of this church;

3 And to Oliver Cowdery, who was also called of God, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to be the second elder of this church, and ordained under his hand;

4 And this according to the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to whom be all glory, both now and forever. Amen.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

e-eye2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 10:10 am If the snuffer movement weren't so blinded this would be a hard pill to swallow. From my memory one of the biggest turn on's to snuffer was that you didn't need a prophet and that you should seek Christ. So lets lay this out -

There is nothing wrong with Selling some drinks that are bad for you. It's taking away the freedoms to choose. So I'm glad to see a step in the right direction. It's sad that people want to drink that crap though.

But ya nothing new being said by snuffer that hasn't already been said by the leaders of the church today and befor.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

shadow wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 10:35 am
underdog wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:50 am

Maybe Joseph Smith forgot about that part of the Book of Mormon. Poor Joseph didn't stand a chance because as soon as the church was organized by the commandment of God, then BOOM! it's a church, and all church's are corrupt. I suggest you think things through just a bit more, underdog.

1 The rise of the Church of Christ in these last days, being one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh, it being regularly organized and established agreeable to the laws of our country, by the will and commandments of God, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April—

2 Which commandments were given to Joseph Smith, Jun., who was called of God, and ordained an apostle of Jesus Christ, to be the first elder of this church;

3 And to Oliver Cowdery, who was also called of God, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to be the second elder of this church, and ordained under his hand;

4 And this according to the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to whom be all glory, both now and forever. Amen.
So we are all agreeing then that the lds church is a church. Church of snuffer is a church.

That Moroni saw our day and warned us that all churches would become polluted?