Climate change and Satan's lies

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Climate change and Satan's lies

Post by setyourselffree »

So with all the earthquakes and hurricanes going on lately a thought came into my mind, is climate change a lie put forth by Satan? I don't know if this has been brought up before so forgive me if it has. I was reading a Yahoo article about the earthquake in Mexico today, and someone commented, "when will this stop". My first thought was, it won't, and second we read in the Bible and Book of Mormon that in that last days earthquakes will happen. So did Satan put it forth that these natural disasters are man made and not because of God? I could see this lie being extremely useful to Satan. That would just be another way for us to blame it on man, and not because of our sins. We wouldn't see it as a prophecy but more as just science. Just my thoughts.
Last edited by setyourselffree on September 19th, 2017, 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gage
captain of 100

Re: Climate change and Satan's lies

Post by Gage »

You bet its useful for Satan to put into the hearts of men that they are the cause of "climate change" because this is another means to attack freedoms. This climate change nonsense is another move towards a one world government. A way for more government control to limit manufacturing, farming, energy production, etc. A way to limit more rights and freedoms and choices.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

setyourselffree wrote: September 19th, 2017, 2:27 pm So with all the earthquakes and hurricanes going on lately a thought came into my mind, is climate change a lie put forth by Satan? I don't know if this has been brought up before so forgive me if it has. I was reading a Yahoo article about the earthquake in Mexico today, and someone commented, "when will this stop". My thought was first it won't, and second we read in the Bible and Book of Mormon that in that last days earthquakes will happen. So did Satan put it forth in our minds that these natural disasters are man made and not because of God? I could see this lie being extremely useful to Satan. That would just be another way for us to blame it on man and not because of our sins. We wouldn't see it as a prophecy but more as just science. Just my thoughts.
Absolutely! I've been thinking about this as well. I've always known the foundation of the left are anti-God, anti-Plan of Happiness, and rooted in Luciferianism. However, as the signs of the times approach, it certainly seems like Satan has been busily laying the groundwork to stop ZION. The gadiantion's protocols of ZION or whatever it's called is basically an anti-ZION where the righteous are killed off rather than the wicked, and the wicked remain in absolute control with a Luciferian religion everyone is forced to obey while they treat the remaining people like sheep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Proto ... d_content

This is not unlike King Herod's attempt to stop Christ. These are all geared to stopping the Kingdom of God, the end times servant himself, and ZION. This is why the left pushes the following:

• *Abortion* - stop the elect before they are born - frustrate the POH
  • *PC victimhood* - Everyone is a victim of straight white males...from whence comes Ephraim and the end times servant
  • *Gay Marriage* - The Elijaic (I just made up that word) promise in Malachi is about sealing all families together. Adam and Steve cannot be sealed together.
  • *Attack on Religion* - Obvious. They won't stop until LDS temples are forced to allow gay marriage.
  • *Climate Change* - We are an unhappy accident. We are the cancer of the earth not the purpose of the earth (See georgia guidestone below) The signs of the times are a result of our carbon emissions, not our choices! LOL Sorry but when you type it out like that it just reveals how stupid and silly climate change is. It takes way more faith to look at this world, it's people, and all the evidences of a supreme creator and conclude that it all started with an explosion where life created itself and made itself more complex only to mess up now by making us. Just LOL.
  • *Equality* We know from the scriptures that there are tribes and that we differentiated ourselves in the premortal realm (Alma 13, Abraham 3.) The effort to make us all same is not to elevate the bottom but to destroy the top, which is ultimately Luciferianism. Forcing everyone to be "saved."
  • *Globalism* In a nutshell this is anti Jerusalem and anti New Jerusalem.
ETC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
Sorry the thread is on climate change - I've wanted to start a thread on ALL of the lies of the devil he's frantically trying to disseminate throughout our world's culture.
Last edited by Alaris on September 19th, 2017, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

The thought occurred to me as well, in fact I felt it necessary to discuss it with my kids. I told them the prophets warned us that natural disasters would follow the people not living the principles of the Family Proclamation and that I believed climate change was being used to cleverly distract the people.

I kept returning to this quote from Joseph Smith which indicates how he saw people explaing away signs:"There will be wars and rumors of wars, signs in the heavens above and on the earth beneath, the sun turned into darkness and the moon to blood, earthquakes in divers places, the seas heaving beyond their bounds; then will appear one grand sign of the Son of Man in heaven. But what will the world do? They will say it is a planet, a comet, etc. But the Son of Man will come as the sign of the coming of the Son of Man, which will be as the light of the morning cometh out of the east "

and I also thought of this from the Nephites--

1 And it came to pass that thus passed away the ninety and fifth year also, and the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a sign or a wonder from heaven, insomuch that they began to be hard in their hearts, and blind in their minds, and began to disbelieve all which they had heard and seen—

2 Imagining up some vain thing in their hearts, that it was wrought by men and by the power of the devil, to lead away and deceive the hearts of the people; and thus did Satan get possession of the hearts of the people again, insomuch that he did blind their eyes and lead them away to believe that the doctrine of Christ was a foolish and a vain thing.

It also occurred to me that the devil is old, he has witnessed this play out before, he knows what signs the lord has promised to send. If that is true is it so hard to believe he would send his minions to explain away the signs and keep the people in fear and confusion?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

tribrac wrote: September 19th, 2017, 3:25 pm The thought occurred to me as well, in fact I felt it necessary to discuss it with my kids. I told them the prophets warned us that natural disasters would follow the people not living the principles of the Family Proclamation and that I believed climate change was being used to cleverly distract the people.

I kept returning to this quote from Joseph Smith which indicates how he saw people explaing away signs:"There will be wars and rumors of wars, signs in the heavens above and on the earth beneath, the sun turned into darkness and the moon to blood, earthquakes in divers places, the seas heaving beyond their bounds; then will appear one grand sign of the Son of Man in heaven. But what will the world do? They will say it is a planet, a comet, etc. But the Son of Man will come as the sign of the coming of the Son of Man, which will be as the light of the morning cometh out of the east "

and I also thought of this from the Nephites--

1 And it came to pass that thus passed away the ninety and fifth year also, and the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a sign or a wonder from heaven, insomuch that they began to be hard in their hearts, and blind in their minds, and began to disbelieve all which they had heard and seen—

2 Imagining up some vain thing in their hearts, that it was wrought by men and by the power of the devil, to lead away and deceive the hearts of the people; and thus did Satan get possession of the hearts of the people again, insomuch that he did blind their eyes and lead them away to believe that the doctrine of Christ was a foolish and a vain thing.

It also occurred to me that the devil is old, he has witnessed this play out before, he knows what signs the lord has promised to send. If that is true is it so hard to believe he would send his minions to explain away the signs and keep the people in fear and confusion?
Wow! Awesome scripture sir!

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Man I love the gospel. I am so thankful for you Saints.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

I've thought of this as well. Climate change could be an ingenious way to blind people to the signs of the times by leading them to believe that they're causing these catastrophes. Well, actually, people are indirectly responsible for these disasters, but as a consequence of their wickedness and not necessarily carbon emissions.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

setyourselffree wrote: September 19th, 2017, 2:27 pm So with all the earthquakes and hurricanes going on lately a thought came into my mind, is climate change a lie put forth by Satan? I don't know if this has been brought up before so forgive me if it has. I was reading a Yahoo article about the earthquake in Mexico today, and someone commented, "when will this stop". My first thought was, it won't, and second we read in the Bible and Book of Mormon that in that last days earthquakes will happen. So did Satan put it forth that these natural disasters are man made and not because of God? I could see this lie being extremely useful to Satan. That would just be another way for us to blame it on man, and not because of our sins. We wouldn't see it as a prophecy but more as just science. Just my thoughts.
This is basically my thoughts. The climate change is the excuse to explain away the natural disasters that God is pouring out on the earth. In fact, everything that is blamed on climate change has been blamed on

Things attributed to climate change:
Earthquake, tsunamis, volcanoes, famine, fire, flood, hail, lightning, pestilence, plague, tempest, tribulation, war

How climate change triggers earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes
Climate Change Could Cause the Next Great Famine
Is Global Warming Fueling Increased Wildfire Risks?
Heavy Flooding and Global Warming: Is There a Connection?
Climate change and hailstorm damage: Empirical evidence and implications for agriculture and insurance
Climate Change May Spark More Lightning Strikes, Igniting Wildfires
Deaths, Floods and Pestilence Cited in White House Climate Study
Plague Pandemic May Have Been Driven by Climate, Not Rats
Hurricanes and Climate Change
Climate change drives political instability: CIA director
Climate change is fuelling wars across the world, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres says
Climate Change May Increase Volcanic Eruptions

And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;
D&C 87:6

And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people. For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand. And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds. And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.
D&C 88:88-91

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Wow. A thread where we all agree on. Must be some truth here.

And yes, I have considered this as well and taught my children people are to blame for the disasters, but not because of carbon footprints, but sins.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Climate Change is a lie created by Satan.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Climate change is a truth that can't be denied by anyone willing to take an honest look at the research. But the science is being manipulated and misrepresented to advance Satan's objectives.

The scriptures tell us that thunder, lightning, tempests, storm surge, and winds will afflict mankind in the last days. Has it always been this way or is the climate changing to provide for these things?

The question we need to ask is what is causing observed changes to the climate. We all know that Satan is putting it into the hearts of men to believe that all we need to do is take away freedom to save the planet, and what makes opposing this agenda so difficult is that it is based in truth.

It is a lot easier to twist and misrepresent a truth than to fabricate a complete falsehood and get people to believe it.

I know that changes are happening in the climate. I know the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere has increased tremendously, as has the carbon dioxide content of the oceans. And human activity is very likely a cause of this, though I believe that divine influence is also contributing to the increased carbon content of the atmosphere and seas.

I wholeheartedly believe that humanity can do nothing to the planet that can be cleaned and purified through the power of Jesus Christ. But the great level of sin in this world is leading to this cleansing influence being withheld or blocked. Therefore we will see the world get worse, the weather get worse, and changes in the climate that will shock all of us. But as the level of sin in the world drops drastically with the onset of tribulations this sin will lead to, we will see a shockingly sudden improvement in the climate.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I actually think that the man made climate change fits the gospel narrative better. The calamities of the last days are due to the wickedness of men. When we think of wars (and there will be wars and rumors of wars), it is clear that they are not due to God but due to wicked men. Isn't it fitting that the natural catastrophes are due to men too? We have been bad stewards of this planet and thus we reap what we sow.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

inho wrote: September 20th, 2017, 2:10 am I actually think that the man made climate change fits the gospel narrative better. The calamities of the last days are due to the wickedness of men. When we think of wars (and there will be wars and rumors of wars), it is clear that they are not due to God but due to wicked men. Isn't it fitting that the natural catastrophes are due to men too? We have been bad stewards of this planet and thus we reap what we sow.
That really is a good point. Considering the Lord's creations, its depressing to think about all of the animals that have been driven to extinction, or are on that path, largely due to poor stewardship. In the US, birds like the passenger pigeon and Carolina parakeet were extremely common until they went extinct in the early 1900s, mainly because people shot them in numbers far beyond what anyone possibly needed for food. The Orangutan, one of the Lord's most intelligent creations, is now very rare because its forests are being destroyed for palm oil. Palm oil, by the way, is mainly used in nutrionally void junk food and also as, supposedly, eco-friendly biofuel.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Sasquatch wrote: September 20th, 2017, 2:46 am
inho wrote: September 20th, 2017, 2:10 am I actually think that the man made climate change fits the gospel narrative better. The calamities of the last days are due to the wickedness of men. When we think of wars (and there will be wars and rumors of wars), it is clear that they are not due to God but due to wicked men. Isn't it fitting that the natural catastrophes are due to men too? We have been bad stewards of this planet and thus we reap what we sow.
That really is a good point. Considering the Lord's creations, its depressing to think about all of the animals that have been driven to extinction, or are on that path, largely due to poor stewardship. In the US, birds like the passenger pigeon and Carolina parakeet were extremely common until they went extinct in the early 1900s, mainly because people shot them in numbers far beyond what anyone possibly needed for food. The Orangutan, one of the Lord's most intelligent creations, is now very rare because its forests are being destroyed for palm oil. Palm oil, by the way, is mainly used in nutrionally void junk food and also as, supposedly, eco-friendly biofuel.

Men fight wars but men have no say in an earthquake or a hurricane or a tornado. They may can wipe out a bird or a pack of Orangutans, but men do not cause weather.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Earthquakes and calamities are supposed to be a sign preceding the second coming. It is also meant to be a sign to get people to repent. If Satan puts it into our hearts that it's because of our polluting and not because of Christ coming or our need to repent, then less and less people will be astonished and won't see it as a sign. That is the issue.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

This fits exactly with what I believe. I don't believe that Heavenly Father actively curses anybody most of the time. On occasion there will be incidents such as the flood or the destructions among Nephites at the time of the crucifixion, but for the most part we aren't actively cursed. Heavenly Father just withdraws His Spirit and blessings, leaving men to their own devices so they can curse and destroy themselves.

As I previously posted, there's nothing we can do to this planet that can't be healed through the healing power of Jesus Christ. But what is happening now? We are seeing sin lead to this power being withheld. The predictable results will lead to at least some of the storms described in prophecy.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Causing it, then yes. However, not in the secular way described. There's a new tower of babel. By that I mean the same kind of arrogance that Nimrod and the Kingdom of Shinar had in and that they could overpower God's plan. The Tower of Babel was a project where they figured that by being up in a tall tower they could escape a flood.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

“Global warming” was factually ridiculous so it was changed to “climate change.” Associated propaganda is for:
1) Money
2) Excuse to get closer to global tyrannical “new world order.”

NASA Scientist: Global Warming Is Nonsense

“L. Woodcock: The term 'climate change' is meaningless. The Earth's climate has been changing since time immemorial, that is since the Earth was formed 1,000 million years ago. The theory of 'man-made climate change' is an unsubstantiated hypothesis [about] our climate [which says it] has been adversely affected by the burning of fossil fuels in the last 100 years, causing the average temperature on the earth's surface to increase very slightly but with disastrous environmental consequences. The theory is that the CO2 emitted by burning fossil fuel is the 'greenhouse gas' causes 'global warming' -- in fact, water is a much more powerful greenhouse gas and there is 20 time more of it in our atmosphere (around one per cent of the atmosphere) whereas CO2 is only 0.04 per cent. There is no reproducible scientific evidence CO2 has significantly increased in the last 100 years. Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything in science, it's not significant..."

“Even the term 'global warming' does not mean anything unless you give it a time scale. The temperature of the earth has been going up and down for millions of years, if there are extremes, it's nothing to do with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, it's not permanent and it's not caused by us. Global warming is nonsense."

https://www.inquisitr.com/1234575/nasa- ... -nonsense/

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

looks like polar regions warming still hold...
maybe visible sea level rise this year ...
:arrow: