Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

Re: What are your favorite video games of all time?

Post by creator »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 21st, 2017, 3:52 pm It's very difficult for me to envision grown men playing video games.
I know a lot that are in their 20's and 30's (even late 30's), I suppose because that is the generation that started to grow up with those.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Original_Intent wrote: September 17th, 2017, 9:03 pm
Arandur wrote: September 16th, 2017, 8:51 pm
LucianAMD wrote: September 15th, 2017, 10:10 pm Portal and portal 2
Excellent taste! Nothing like endless problem solving and some solid humor. 8-)
If you like games that make you think, this online freebie is great!

http://fantasticcontraption.com/original/
WHY?!? :lol:

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 3:50 pm I loved all the old Sierra Quest games like Kings Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, etc. I also loved all of the old flight simulator games as well as the space sim Wing Commander series. (Looking forward to the creator of Wing Commander's new game Star Citizen).
Star Citizen - so much promise but that's gonna be Vaporware forever.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

BrianM wrote: September 21st, 2017, 3:58 pm
Seek the Truth wrote: September 21st, 2017, 3:52 pm It's very difficult for me to envision grown men playing video games.
I know a lot that are in their 20's and 30's (even late 30's), I suppose because that is the generation that started to grow up with those.
Agreed. We had a group a few years back that would get on and we would play black ops together. Group consisted of a couple bishops a couple of high counselors, young men's president etc. it's a generation thing. Waste of time , yup, but I kind of look at it as a brotherhood. We don't really play any more but often get together and discuss gospel subjects over lunch.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

Well, I probably had way more games than I needed as a kid (though most of them were hand-me-downs from relatives, or bought used or at a discount). My uncle gave me his SNES when I was 7, so the first games I played were Super Mario World and the DKC games, which hold a very special place in my heart. I had the manual for A Link to the Past, though no cartridge, so I was stuck with just the manual (which is beautifully drawn) until I eventually got the game and went on to play most of the Zelda games. I've also had the 16-bit Sonic games, Chrono Trigger and some Final Fantasy games.

When I was even younger (starting around 4) I also had some of the Humongous adventure games (Putt-putt, Freddi Fish, Spy Fox, etc) after we got our first computer. These were fantastic (especially the Pajama Sam games, which are still probably some of the most imaginative kid's games you can buy).

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

sandman45 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 10:30 am Tie Fighter,
Wing Commander Series,

Bioshock

Warcraft 1,2,3
World of Warcraft,
Diablo 1,2
Starcraft 1,2

Warthunder (I saw someone else out there likes it too :D )
Witcher 1,2,3

Sierra adventure games.. loved those.. Kings Quest, Quest for Glory, Space Quest, Police Quest
Speaking of Sierra games... Leisure Suit Larry! Lol. That game was so tacky, but we had fun trying to command it to do strange things.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Did anyone play where in the world is carmen San Diego? I loved that one too.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

CelestialAngel wrote: September 15th, 2017, 12:31 pm Let's have some fun on this forum and go nostalgia over video games. What video games hold a special place in your heart? For me it's games like Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7, Zelda A Link to the Past and Zelda Ocarina of Time. How about you?
Super Mario Brothers

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

I've played video games since I was very little. My older brother bought an NES when I was 4 or 5 and from there I have played every Nintendo console.

There are too many games to name that I love. My favorite franchise is Zelda, with Mario being a very close second. I've played every Zelda game aside of the original Zelda for the NES and Majoras Mask. A couple years ago I went to the Zelda: Symphony of the Godesses concert at Abravanel Hall. That was by far my favorite concert I've been too. Such good music. I also just recently beat Breath of the Wild, which was an amazing game.

I've played nearly every Mario (including all Mario Karts) from the NES to now. I am really excited for Odyssey to come out next month.

When it comes to nostalgia though, aside of Mario and Zelda (since there are too many to name), here are some of my favorites:

Dragon Warrior, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country (1,2,3), Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Little Nemo, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Street Fighter 2, Halo 2, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Warcraft 2, Luigis Mansion.... etc. This is definitely not all, but a few that I could think of off the top of my head..

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

The only time I play them is when I have a bunch of friends over.
We get pizza, yammer about all sorts of things and (sometimes) play video games, though board games work too.
By myself it's not too fun, I liked them as a kid, mostly sports games since I was terrible at actual sports lol.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Red wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:06 pm
sandman45 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 10:30 am Tie Fighter,
Wing Commander Series,

Bioshock

Warcraft 1,2,3
World of Warcraft,
Diablo 1,2
Starcraft 1,2

Warthunder (I saw someone else out there likes it too :D )
Witcher 1,2,3

Sierra adventure games.. loved those.. Kings Quest, Quest for Glory, Space Quest, Police Quest
Speaking of Sierra games... Leisure Suit Larry! Lol. That game was so tacky, but we had fun trying to command it to do strange things.
HAHAH oh yea played those.. loved the parental code questions ...