Hurricane Trifecta

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Hurricane Trifecta

Post by Jonesy »

This guy has been right about a lot of stuff so far.

With hurricane season starting up with some strong hurricanes in Texas and Florida, we may see one end up in New York. The MSM has not given Jose much of a threat, but this guy seems to think it may.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: Hurricane Trifecta

Post by Michelle »

That's funny. (not ha, ha, funny; strange funny) I always thought Jose would hit and when I first saw that he was going to make a circle I thought it looked like a holding pattern until it was time for the northeast. Now here he comes. Fox even reported this morning that they expect him to hit NY.

It seems like if you can get hit this year you will. Mexico got hit in the Gulf and now will get hit on the Pacific side as well.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Michelle wrote: September 15th, 2017, 9:09 am That's funny. (not ha, ha, funny; strange funny) I always thought Jose would hit and when I first saw that he was going to make a circle I thought it looked like a holding pattern until it was time for the northeast. Now here he comes. Fox even reported this morning that they expect him to hit NY.

It seems like if you can get hit this year you will. Mexico got hit in the Gulf and now will get hit on the Pacific side as well.
Solar flare may have induced a current through the narrow land bridge. Then Katia quenched it, like dropping a hot drinking glass in cold water = 8.1 magnitude EQ --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46492

Deadly quake, Hurricane Katia deal Mexico devastating one-two ...
New York Post-Sep 8, 2017
JUCHITAN, Mexico — One of the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded in Mexico and a raging hurricane dealt a devastating one-two ... http://nypost.com/2017/09/09/deadly-qua ... two-punch/

Max hit Mexico too.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

And now Lee and Maria. Poor Leeward Islands.

Edit: I was wondering about Hawaii the other day. Otis is out in the Pacific.

Also, I am I the only one who thinks Ophelia is a terrible name for a hurricane? I'm not superstitious, but I would hate to know that Ophelia was coming.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Fox news just reported Jose forecasted to stay off coast, but here comes Maria. Only found 4 old Otis's, but will keep looking.
That must be him. :mrgreen:

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 16th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Fox news just reported Jose forecasted to stay off coast, but here comes Maria. Only found 4 old Otis's, but will keep looking.
That must be him. :mrgreen:
OTIS 2017

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/tracker

If you click on the link then click on the red links at the top you can see the current Atlantic Storms (3) Jose, Lee, Maria, and current East Pacific Storms (2) Norma and Otis.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Jonesy1982 wrote: September 14th, 2017, 8:57 pm This guy has been right about a lot of stuff so far.

With hurricane season starting up with some strong hurricanes in Texas and Florida, we may see one end up in New York. The MSM has not given Jose much of a threat, but this guy seems to think it may.

This current NAVGEM model still seems to show Jose hitting the Cape Cod area Wednesday evening and then heading off into the Atlantic (not near the US) and strengthening again into something.

It also shows Maria hitting South Caroline Sunday evening.

http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/custom/models/nogaps.html

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Jose and Maria in the Atlantic together? Are you sure she won't hit on the 23rd?

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 18th, 2017, 6:31 pm Haha! Joseph and now his wife Mary, are hurricanes.

Btw, Mary (Maria) just now became a Category 5. Second one of the season.
It's possible they could "do a meteorological dance called the Fujiwhara effect".

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/ne ... ction-jose

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Jonesy1982 wrote: September 18th, 2017, 10:51 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 18th, 2017, 6:31 pm Haha! Joseph and now his wife Mary, are hurricanes.

It's possible they could "do a meteorological dance called the Fujiwhara effect".

Jose looks to make a second loop by most models. Maybe they will dance!

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Michelle wrote: September 19th, 2017, 9:35 am
Jonesy1982 wrote: September 18th, 2017, 10:51 pm

Jose looks to make a second loop by most models. Maybe they will dance!
Out of all the hurricane tracks so far, Jose seems to have a mind of its own. Changes all the time.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Nobody has pointed out that five days have passed since the original post?

Is anybody still alive in New York after being hit by the storm? Why isn't the news covering it? The NHC is trying to convince us that Jose is weakening hundreds of miles from New York City, well into the Atlantic.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

You know, I've wondered why there isn't a temple in Puerto Rico. There seem to be enough members to justify it (24,000 members, 41 congregations), especially given the distances members need to travel to visit Florida or the Dominican Republic. Perhaps a temple was never constructed on the island because this catastrophic storm had yet to come, and one will be built after the island has recovered. That's purely speculation on my part, of course.
brianj wrote: September 19th, 2017, 10:58 pm Nobody has pointed out that five days have passed since the original post?

Is anybody still alive in New York after being hit by the storm? Why isn't the news covering it? The NHC is trying to convince us that Jose is weakening hundreds of miles from New York City, well into the Atlantic.
Jose is gradually weakening while it completes it second loop, turning towards the US. There could be heavy rain and strong wind when it (or its remnants) finally hit the coast, but there's no reason to think its actually growing stronger. The satellite view shows a decaying storm.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Sasquatch wrote: September 19th, 2017, 11:14 pm You know, I've wondered why there isn't a temple in Puerto Rico. There seem to be enough members to justify it (24,000 members, 41 congregations), especially given the distances members need to travel to visit Florida or the Dominican Republic. Perhaps a temple was never constructed on the island because this catastrophic storm had yet to come, and one will be built after the island has recovered. That's purely speculation on my part, of course.
I have been curious about this too, but it really isn't far from San Juan to Santo Domingo - less than 250 miles. Yes, people need to fly, but there are many places in the world where it's been far more arduous of a journey for the Saints to get to a temple. All I know is that a lot of real interesting things are in the near future and I sincerely hope that I get to live long enough to witness them, and that when we see the end of modern technology and convenience we have some means to see what is happening elsewhere in the world.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

brianj wrote: September 19th, 2017, 10:58 pm Nobody has pointed out that five days have passed since the original post?

This guy is a weather dude, not a prophet. He didn't say it will happen. If anything, I aggrandized his weather man status. So, my fault. I think he has a pretty good record, though.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Looking at winds aloft forecasts I didn't believe there was any chance the storm could possibly threaten NYC. The winds weren't moving in a favorable direction. Beta drift isn't anywhere near as strong a force as would be necessary to have moved this storm to NYC.

And don't take anything I wrote personally. I'm sure I'll get plenty of people taking a post personally on Sunday when I say the 23rd passed and ask if anybody else is still alive.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Is there someone prophesying doom on 9/23?

Seems like some are trying to put words in mouths so they can take some glee on nothing happening on 9/23. This may be as private as the first vision....maybe. The birth pains could get louder.

Edit: I posted this elsewhere, but it's relevant to this thread.

This is from Revelation 12 JST. So Joseph Smith added the words italicized below:
JST Revelation 12:12 And after these things I heard another voice saying, Woe to the inhabiters of the earth, yea, and they who dwell upon the islands of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

There are other threads in other forums where people are claiming the world's going to end on Saturday. And I have heard people elsewhere make the same claim.

BYU fans probably hope for this to save them from a dismal season.

But, obviously, I don't believe there will be any mercy for BYU football this season.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Sasquatch wrote: September 19th, 2017, 11:14 pm You know, I've wondered why there isn't a temple in Puerto Rico. There seem to be enough members to justify it (24,000 members, 41 congregations), especially given the distances members need to travel to visit Florida or the Dominican Republic. Perhaps a temple was never constructed on the island because this catastrophic storm had yet to come, and one will be built after the island has recovered. That's purely speculation on my part, of course.

Jose is gradually weakening while it completes it second loop, turning towards the US. There could be heavy rain and strong wind when it (or its remnants) finally hit the coast, but there's no reason to think its actually growing stronger. The satellite view shows a decaying storm.
I wonder if it will be announced during general conference

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

brianj wrote: September 21st, 2017, 4:58 pm There are other threads in other forums where people are claiming the world's going to end on Saturday. And I have heard people elsewhere make the same claim.

But, obviously, I don't believe there will be any mercy for BYU football this season.
Mormons do not believe the world will end on Saturday (adding to the conversation) People who believe in the rapture surely believe that.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Z2100 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 5:02 pm
brianj wrote: September 21st, 2017, 4:58 pm There are other threads in other forums where people are claiming the world's going to end on Saturday. And I have heard people elsewhere make the same claim.

Mormons do not believe the world will end on Saturday (adding to the conversation) People who believe in the rapture surely believe that.
I guess my hyperbole wasn't obvious enough. I have seen posts on LDS Freedom Forum stating that major disasters will happen Saturday.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

brianj wrote: September 21st, 2017, 5:15 pm
Z2100 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 5:02 pm

I guess my hyperbole wasn't obvious enough. I have seen posts on LDS Freedom Forum stating that major disasters will happen Saturday.
Major disasters could happen on 23/9, but I wouldn't count on it being something like the Wastach Front earthquake.