Do we stone the prophets?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Do we stone the prophets?

Post by Hidingbehindmyhandle »

From my experiences on this forum, I would have to say yes.
when I quote Joseph Smith,Brigham Young, ...
I am told "they didn't say "thus sayith the Lord"
or that is not in the cannon of scripture
or they didn't really say that
or we can't know what they meant
or I'm accused of ignoring the scriptures
but when I prove the words of the prophets using the scriptures
I'm misrepresented, ridiculed, mocked and compared to people
I've never heard of.

And when I use the scriptures to lay a basis for an honest question
WOW

Yet discussion of the apostate snuffer go on and on with little or
no criticism.

Why?

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Re: Do we stone the prophets?

Post by Seek the Truth »

Yes, they stone the prophets on this forum. This is murmur central. Historically this was an apostate Snufferite forum, a few years ago countless people apostatized or were excommunicated from the LDS Church. It was a bloodbath.

However, it is much better now than it used to be.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

A friend once told me God gave us two ears and only one mouth; to listen more than one speaks; sage advice. :ymhug:

There is a thread here about recent revelations, and not one person recognized one made in David Bednar's first GC address. :-o

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

From my perspective and experience it is pretty much hell.
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 2:58 am Many many years ago, I taught the missionary discussions to a young man that was truly a golden contact.
The question was asked on the second discussion, he said of course, but you will still teach me all the discussions won't you.
A truly marvelous young man, he grasped everything, did everything asked of him with such joy.
After he had his interview were were leaving together and this thought popped into my head.
I stopped him and asked him if he knew the Lord wanted him to be baptized and he said of course.
Then I asked him if Satan wanted him to be baptized, he thought for a bit and said it never crossed his mind
but no he would not want him to be baptized. So between now and your baptism date, do you think he will
try to change your mind. A little surprised he said I guess he will. I felt a little bad because everyone was so happy before
and now we were parting a little somber. The date came and he was baptized, everything went perfect. Just before
we were leaving he came to me and said. How did you know? I have had the worst week ever in my life, the opposition
was terrible but I just looked forward to today. If you had not warned me, I don't know if I would have made it, but I kept hearing does Satan want me to be baptized.

In joining this forum, I have had some delightful private messages, but the rest reminds me of this marvelous young man's final week before his baptism.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:47 pm
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm when I quote Joseph Smith,Brigham Young, ...
I am happy to hear this.
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm but when I prove the words of the prophets using the scriptures
I've never heard of.

WOW
This breaks my heart.
A minor example of what I'm saying.
As I understand it part of the theme of this forum is
"The Church of Jesus Christ"
but here we seam to forget
"If ye have done it unto the least of these my brothern,
ye have done it unto me"

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:44 pm A friend once told me God gave us two ears and only one mouth; to listen more than one speaks; sage advice. :ymhug:

There is a thread here about recent revelations, and not one person recognized one made in David Bednar's first GC address. :-o
So today I went to a meeting with Elder Christopherson and 2 other 70. Someone asked him how we can have a better experience when we pray. What he said was interesting. He told us we should take time often to have long prayers, and after we pray we should take just as much time to listen to what the spirit has to say to us. I am going to test those words.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Have you noticed that the two most recent and active "Denver Snuffer" threads were started by AI2.0, one of the most mainstream and anti-Snuffer people on this forum? It seems she wanted to draw the Remnant Snuffer people here to defend themselves. Then other mainstream Mormons complain, but it seems they want to read about what the remnant folks are doing, so they can feel a little more (self?) righteous.

Fallen nature getting in the way on all fronts. The adversary hardly has to do anything.

I appreciate the discussions you two (LDSA and hiding....) have started on here. Lots of meat in your posts. Don't give up on those of us looking for the insights you've been posting.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Snufferism has been a dominant theme on this forum for ages.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

setyourselffree wrote: September 9th, 2017, 7:51 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:44 pm A friend once told me God gave us two ears and only one mouth; to listen more than one speaks; sage advice. :ymhug:

So today I went to a meeting with Elder Christopherson and 2 other 70. Someone asked him how we can have a better experience when we pray. What he said was interesting. He told us we should take time often to have long prayers, and after we pray we should take just as much time to listen to what the spirit has to say to us. I am going to test those words.
Did You Get the Right Message is one of my favorite GC talks, from which was inspired my avatar, aka pound-for-pound, the greatest war hero in recorded history. :o)

Me was thinking to use it for this weeks Titanium contest, and now the matter is settled. All are welcome to enter, regardless of nationality. :ymhug:

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:44 pm From my perspective and experience it is pretty much hell.
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 2:58 am Many many years ago, I taught the missionary discussions to a young man that was truly a golden contact.
The question was asked on the second discussion, he said of course, but you will still teach me all the discussions won't you.
A truly marvelous young man, he grasped everything, did everything asked of him with such joy.
After he had his interview were were leaving together and this thought popped into my head.
I stopped him and asked him if he knew the Lord wanted him to be baptized and he said of course.
Then I asked him if Satan wanted him to be baptized, he thought for a bit and said it never crossed his mind
but no he would not want him to be baptized. So between now and your baptism date, do you think he will
try to change your mind. A little surprised he said I guess he will. I felt a little bad because everyone was so happy before
and now we were parting a little somber. The date came and he was baptized, everything went perfect. Just before
we were leaving he came to me and said. How did you know? I have had the worst week ever in my life, the opposition
was terrible but I just looked forward to today. If you had not warned me, I don't know if I would have made it, but I kept hearing does Satan want me to be baptized.

In joining this forum, I have had some delightful private messages, but the rest reminds me of this marvelous young man's final week before his baptism.
This reminded me of a similar experience I had as a temple worker. I was the sister guiding a young woman receiving her endowment and then being sealed. The couple had been married civilly the previous year. She told me her story. She was a recent convert, and the only member in her family. She knew her mother would be devastated if she could not attend her wedding, so she and her RM husband-to-be were married in a church wedding, so her mother, and all her other relatives could attend. She explained that a member warned her that Satan was going to do everything he could to keep them from being sealed. Having been warned, she and her husband dedicated the year to preparing for their sealing. He had been through the temple, and so he was able to find the most uplifting and appropriate things for them to read and study together. She said that it was the most difficult year ever, even though they were very happily married.

One of the things she found most surprising and disappointing was the fact that most members of their ward believed that they had not been morally pure, and that was the reason for the civil marriage. She couldn't understand (being a convert) why they frankly did not believe them when they said they were worthy but were waiting a year in order to avoid causing great pain to her beloved mother. Isn't it sad that so often we hurt those we should love most, just because their path is slightly different than ours?

She said that if she hadn't been warned that Satan would try his darnedest to keep them out of the temple, she may have been so discouraged by the assumption that she had seduced her hubby into immorality that who knows what would have happened. Yet, being forewarned, and with the support of her husband, and the constant study and focus on the temple, they were at the temple doors in exactly one year. I saw her often after that, as she and her husband were attending weekly, up until the birth of their baby. I cherish the tender mercy of the Lord that put me in a place where I could hear her story, and feel His love for her.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Lizzy60 wrote: September 9th, 2017, 8:14 pm
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:44 pm From my perspective and experience it is pretty much hell.

This reminded me of a similar experience I had as a temple worker. I was the sister guiding a young woman receiving her endowment and then being sealed. The couple had been married civilly the previous year. She told me her story. She was a recent convert, and the only member in her family. She knew her mother would be devastated if she could not attend her wedding, so she and her RM husband-to-be were married in a church wedding, so her mother, and all her other relatives could attend. She explained that a member warned her that Satan was going to do everything he could to keep them from being sealed. Having been warned, she and her husband dedicated the year to preparing for their sealing. He had been through the temple, and so he was able to find the most uplifting and appropriate things for them to read and study together. She said that it was the most difficult year ever, even though they were very happily married.

One of the things she found most surprising and disappointing was the fact that most members of their ward believed that they had not been morally pure, and that was the reason for the civil marriage. She couldn't understand (being a convert) why they frankly did not believe them when they said they were worthy but were waiting a year in order to avoid causing great pain to her beloved mother. Isn't it sad that so often we hurt those we should love most, just because their path is slightly different than ours?

She said that if she hadn't been warned that Satan would try his darnedest to keep them out of the temple, she may have been so discouraged by the assumption that she had seduced her hubby into immorality that who knows what would have happened. Yet, being forewarned, and with the support of her husband, and the constant study and focus on the temple, they were at the temple doors in exactly one year. I saw her often after that, as she and her husband were attending weekly, up until the birth of their baby. I cherish the tender mercy of the Lord that put me in a place where I could hear her story, and feel His love for her.
And now we get to experience all those same things right here on this list, how blessed we are.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Brigham Young in the Desert News, June 18, 1873
How much unbelief exists in the minds of the Latter-day Saints in regard to one particular doctrine, which I revealed to them, and which God revealed to me
I'm sure no on here believes this.
We don't really know who he was talking about.
After all, he didn't say "Thus saith the Lord"

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

" Murmering reflects the feelings of the very
Conflicted." Neal A. Maxwell

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

eddie wrote: September 9th, 2017, 8:47 pm " Murmering reflects the feelings of the very
Conflicted." Neal A. Maxwell
I am indeed conflicted, not with what Brother Brigham ever said.
Just the reaction to him on this forum.
I'm am conflicted.
I'm don't know whether to get angry or just cry
I'm leaning toward a good cry.
What do you think?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 8:18 pm

And now we get to experience all those same things right here on this list, how blessed we are.
This is termed "Rolling Waters" in the D&C; it has an interesting backstory from which much may be learned. Opposition may be for your benefit. Image

More here --> There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on September 9th, 2017, 9:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 9th, 2017, 9:37 pm
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 8:18 pm

This is another experience of what is termed "Rolling Waters" in the D&C, which has a very interesting backstory from much may be learned. Opposition may be for your benefit. Image

More here --> There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes
Well, now it all make sense, I'm here for the benefits.
I'm going to quote the prophets a lot more, the benefits.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm From my experiences on this forum, I would have to say yes.
when I quote Joseph Smith,Brigham Young, ...
but when I prove the words of the prophets using the scriptures
I've never heard of.

WOW

Yet discussion of the apostate snuffer go on and on with little or
no criticism.

Why?
My husband and I talked about this a few years ago with regard to church. It became very common to be verbally attacked if we (not just us, but many others members of our ward as well) quoted the prophets in Sunday School or RS or Priesthood. A very surreal experience that hasn't stopped, and in fact, has gotten worse in our new ward.

I remember one sister teaching a RS lesson where 3 times she said the exact opposite of what was written in the lesson she was suppose to be teaching. Each time the Spirit prompted me to speak and I refrained until the last because I knew it was going to be taken as confrontational and I didn't want to argue, but I went ahead and quoted Joseph Smith.

After church I was sure that everybody in the ward must hate me for saying that aloud, but I actually had one sister who chased me all the way home (about a block and a half before she caught me) just to tell me she was so happy I spoke up and she had been waiting for me to say something. I was so grateful she did that, but more that I didn't chicken out.

In our new ward I had a similar experience, but no one seemed to be glad I spoke up and it has been very difficult in this ward. I was warned by one nice sister that her daughter had a similar experience and after years of being excluded for simply speaking the truth has finally started attending a foreign language ward with her family.

I have experienced first hand that those who used to persecute the church from outside, are now inside; baptized members, but seeking to lead the honest in heart astray. I am so grateful for my testimony, because without it, I don't know how I could keep going to church.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
I assume your OP was inspired by the reception you've met, when you have tried to discuss Adam-God doctrine here.
What is you opinion of the LDS church? Adam-God doctrine is not accepted by the church today. Is the church too stoning the prophets?

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 8:25 pm
Brigham Young in the Desert News, June 18, 1873
How much unbelief exists in the minds of the Latter-day Saints in regard to one particular doctrine, which I revealed to them, and which God revealed to me
I'm sure no on here believes this.
We don't really know who he was talking about.
After all, he didn't say "Thus saith the Lord"
:idea:
Last edited by LukeAir2008 on September 12th, 2017, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

inho wrote: September 11th, 2017, 12:51 am
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
I assume your OP was inspired by the reception you've met, when you have tried to discuss Adam-God doctrine here.
What is you opinion of the LDS church? Adam-God doctrine is not accepted by the church today. Is the church too stoning the prophets?
The Leadership of the Church in general, not to my knowledge or belief.
some individuals with Leadership position, quite possible.
The Rank and File Membership don't know, don't care, don't care tp know.
Those on this list that seek to control the agency of others, absolutely.

The only doctrine you are required to believe are the questions asked in a Temple worthiness
interview!

It is so amazing to me that so many are so concerned about my salvation or condemn me for a doctrine that teaches me why forgiveness of others is so very important to my and their salvation.

I have repeatedly said that if you don't believe, I'm OK with that. I'm not condemning you for not believing this doctrine. I'm not harassing you. I'm not forcing it on you. If it is so offensive to you, then don't follow the topic.

Someone has also made a thinly veil judgement as to my temple worthiness, you have no stewardship over me, you are not a judge in Israel, HOW DARE YOU.

There are doctrines restored by Joseph and taught by Brigham that the Church is not held accountable for because of iniquity and unbelief. This is one of them. Polygamy is another,
but before you say "it is a sin to practice polygamy so it is a sin to believe Adam is God", polygamy as a doctrine was not been withdrawn, as a practice it is not sanctioned.

Since we grow from sphere to sphere and learn line upon line, why would we expect the sealed portion of the Golden Plates be given us, or any other Revelations of doctrine when we not only reject for ourselves revealed doctrines but we persecute any who seek to understand ANYTHING beyond what is taught in SS or Q/G mtg.

It has been thought that the 10 Virgins were the Church.
It has been taught that the 10 Virgins are Recommend holders
It has also been taught that the 10 Virgins are recommend holders who take temple attendance serious.
I think the group is smaller that that.
Most don't know what the term Virgin means, Fathers and Mothers (as such have children) who are faithful to all the covenants made in the temple ARE Virgins.

I would suggest that anyone who persecutes someone who believes something they do not aught to seriously consider if the are keeping all the covenants they have made.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 9th, 2017, 9:37 pm Opposition may be for your benefit.
It just may possibly be to my benefit, and all this may very well be what I signed up for when I agreed to come to this earth.

But that opposition is not in any way whatsoever in the benefit of those that provide it. Quite the opposite.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Before the Book of Mormon, we had the Bible.
So why were we given the Book of Mormon?
Because things are missing from the Bible
and to make things in the Bible more clear.
We were Given Abraham and Moses, why.
Because things were missing from the Bible and BoM
and to make them more clear.
A large part of the revelations given to Joseph
came due to questions raised during the translation
of the BoM, Abraham and Moses to make them more
clear. A limited selection of these revelations,
the ones that would be most palatable to the
majority of the Church makes up the D&C.

I use Joseph's and Brigham's writings for what they
were intended, to make the Cannon of Scripture
more clear.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

There are a great many wise men and women too in our midst who are
too wise to be taught; therefore they must die in their ignorance, and in
the resurrection they will find their mistake. Many seal up the door of
heaven by saying, So far God may reveal and I will believe.
History of the Church, Vol 5, p424
On this forum they say So far God may reveal through Joseph and Brigham and I will not believe.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Rightly dividing the word of truth

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 11th, 2017, 5:41 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 9th, 2017, 9:37 pm Opposition may be for your benefit.
It just may possibly be to my benefit, and all this may very well be what I signed up for when I agreed to come to this earth.

But that opposition is not in any way whatsoever in the benefit of those that provide it. Quite the opposite.
Question: "What does it mean that iron sharpens iron?"

Answer: The phrase “iron sharpens iron” is found in Proverbs 27:17: “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” There is mutual benefit in the rubbing of two iron blades together; the edges become sharper, making the knives more efficient in their task to cut and slice. Likewise, the Word of God is a “double-edged sword” (Hebrews 4:12), and it is with this that we are to sharpen one another—in times of meeting, fellowship, or any other interaction. ... https://www.gotquestions.org/iron-sharpens-iron.html

"Rightly dividing the word of truth” is another concept that may shed light via https://www.lds.org/new-era/1972/02/qa- ... s?lang=eng and other writings on the subject.

"Learning is by Prayer and by Study."

Understanding Iron Sharpens Iron, and Rolling Waters will help us Rightly Divide the Word of Truth.

A couple examples that come to mind are:

1) Spaced_Out cited scripture about Damming the Missouri River.

2) Shadow cited an authoritative reference that included the term Tempests.

The Missouri is unique, but many other rivers are successfully dammed, to good effect.

Hurricanes and Tornadoes are both Tempests; Hurricanes feed off warm water, but tornados do not.

Cooling the warm surface of the ocean will neutralize hurricanes, but won't stop all tempests as Shadow's source requires. Genesis 1:28 says we are to subdue the Earth which reasonably includes hurricanes. "We are saved after all we can do" & knowing we are stewards of the Earth means we are to do what we can, realizing that much is beyond our mortal capabilities. We also learn the Earth is alive and circulates water similar to how we circulate blood. Just as we are to follow the word of wisdom respecting our bodies, we as stewards of the Earth, should do whatever we can on its behalf.

We also learn that the Earth was created to serve our purposes, so really our reluctance to subdue hurricanes makes little sense. Yet we vigorously fight forest fires. We have learned that immediately extinguishing every fire isn't best, so too we need to allow tropical storms, and only neutralize hurricanes that threaten us.
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on September 12th, 2017, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

I don't think that the opposition here is in anyway related to natural disaster
and while all the opposition here has increased my testimony of the truth of
which I speak, I fail to see the benefits to those that provide the opposition.

Brigham was asked why he allows those he knows to be evil go to the temple.
He responded the plan needs devils and I am willing to help them be a good one if they want.
But the consequences of being a devil is not in their best interests no matter how
good of a devil they are.