When Will The Prophesied Foreign Military Invasion Of The United States Happen? ? ?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
A Simple Man
captain of 10

When Will The Prophesied Foreign Military Invasion Of The United States Happen? ? ?

Post by A Simple Man »

A few weeks ago I submitted a thread entitled:
“The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen.”

Within my post I stated that I believed that the United States would one day face a foreign military invasion
prior to the end of the Times of the Gentiles, as part of America’s cleansing process.

President Benson also stated: “Too often we bask in our comfortable complacency and rationalize that the ravages of war, economic disaster, famine, and earthquake cannot happen here. Those who believe this are either not acquainted with the revelations of the Lord, or they do not believe them. Those who smugly think these calamities will not happen, that they somehow will be set aside because of the righteousness of the Saints, are deceived and will rue the day they harbored such a delusion.” (General Conference - October 1980)

And Elder Benson, in his addresses of the 1960's, always fingered Communism as the ultimate threat to the United States,
and that those countries that supported it, were simply biding their time until the most opportune moment.

Given the increasingly heated situation in North Korea, this is a great time to address the prophesy
that has led me to the belief of a foreign military invasion of the United States.

Anyway, here is the prophecy from Joseph Smith.

“. . . The United States will spend her strength and means warring in foreign lands, until other nations will say, “Let’s divide up the lands of the United States”, then the people of the U.S. will unite and swear by the blood of their fore-fathers, that the land shall not be divided.

Then the country will go to war, and they will fight until one half of the U.S. army will give up, and the rest will continue to struggle.
They will keep on until they are very ragged and discouraged, and almost ready to give up - when the boys from the mountains will
rush forth in time to save the American Army from defeat and ruin.

And they will say, ‘Brethren, we are glad you have come; give us men, henceforth, who can talk with God.’
Then you will have friends, but you will save the country when its liberty hangs by a hair, as it were.”

This prophesy was recorded by Mosiah Hancock, close friend and bodyguard to Joseph Smith, eight days before his martyrdom.
It is found in the book Life Story Of Mosiah Lyman Hancock, p.29.
Also, a type written copy of the original manuscript is found in the BYU library.

For many decades our country has been involved in “spending our strength and means warring in foreign lands”,
but it wasn’t until after 9/11 when our government determined to prosecute the terrorist movement in the middle east and around the world,
that I personally concluded that we, as a nation, were now entering the time period which would culminate someday in the fulfilling of this prophecy in its entirety.

Along with this prophesy, others have made reference to a foreign military invasion of our country.
Some of these include, among others, the visionary account from Solis Cardisto, the book Visions Of Glory by John Pontius,
and the account of George Washington’s vision.

To my knowledge, none of these three additional writings have been confirmed or denounced by the Church.

Lastly, some have speculated that the enemy, whomever that may be, will invade our country once the majority of our troops
are fully engaged outside the United Sates in a foreign war.
Perhaps it will be boots on the ground in North Korea.

What are your thoughts on this prophesy, what its fulfillment looks like, and when will it happen?

andrewkeola
captain of 10

Re: When Will The Prophesied Foreign Military Invasion Of The United States Happen? ? ?

Post by andrewkeola »

It is mind boggling to think of all the events that would need to occur for this scenario to play out. I do know that in some conspiracy circles it is said that plans are already in place for the U.S. is to be divided into 4 sections, each belonging to different countries - (the spoils of WWIII after we lose) But I don't know if this fits with the globalist's agenda for a new world order. I do however believe that when we go to war, we are being set up to fail due to that same globalist agenda that has penetrated our government.

North Korea could be the catalyst to begin the next world war but if they did start something with the U.S. they would be annihilated and I don't see them being much of a player in this scenario beyond that. If you listen to Joel Skousen he outlines how this WWIII scenario would play out. After the incident with North Korea (involving the detonation of nuclear weapons I'm sure), a strategic nuclear first strike would be allowed to happen on the United States which would cripple our military defense capability and take down the power grid. At that point I think that the people (at least half of them anyway) would be begging to give away their freedom and independence for protection and would happily submit to the one world globalist government. If the other half of the people refuse to submit and are willing to go to war, only then could I see there being a "boots on the ground" invasion on U.S. soil after which the country would be divided and distributed to the winners. But still with the amount of artillery presently in the hands of the public, any conventional ground war would be costly in my opinion.

It kind of seems like this prophecy was told to a certain group of people for a specific reason and not necessarily for everyone else to hear but that's hard to discern without knowing the context and setting in which this was shared.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Re: When Will The Prophesied Foreign Military Invasion Of The United States Happen? ? ?

Post by Hidingbehindmyhandle »

I've been amazed at how quickly the Nephites would go from righteous to wicked to righteous to wicked.
Things happened pretty quickly.
The Book of Mormon was written to us, to warn us of what will happen here.
So if I liken the BoM to us, I would have to say it is right around the corner.
I believe it will happen in the chaos of dealing with massive natural disaster.
We've just had the biggest and are threatened with a one bigger.
I'm not prophesying, just making notes to inventory and replenish my supplies
- food, fuel, and the means to protect it.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 9th, 2017, 5:34 pm >= 2024
< 2024

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 6:34 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 9th, 2017, 5:34 pm >= 2024
< 2024
Just two opinions
both just as valid

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Seek the Truth wrote: September 9th, 2017, 6:42 pm Nobody knows.
Somebody knows, and he has dropped a whole lot of hints.
And as far as I know, he hasn't set a date.
But from what I see from where I sit, he's definitely working up to it.

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 9th, 2017, 6:46 pm
Seek the Truth wrote: September 9th, 2017, 6:42 pm Nobody knows.
Somebody knows, and he has dropped a whole lot of hints.
And as far as I know, he hasn't set a date.
But from what I see from where I sit, he's definitely working up to it.
Maybe we aught to start a pool!

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Hi Simple man,

I am just curious, are you posting this in light of the recent barrage of natural disasters (or man made if you are into that kind of thinking...)

Perhaps now you think that it is closer than you thought?

I think, we always ought to be prepared in case our personal 2nd coming with the Lord is nigh.