Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?

Post by skmo »

JohnnyL wrote: December 1st, 2017, 8:25 pm And what is up with all these guys singing in high-pitched voices?
Like this weirdo?
(Yes, I called him a weirdo - No, I'm not going to apologize, we're all weird, but this guy ratchets it into the stratosphere)

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Ugh!!! skmo. Whatever that thing is, it's too ugly for me to look at. So gross. Why would you even post that thing?
dc

LightisTruth111
captain of 50

Post by LightisTruth111 »

Fiannan wrote: September 4th, 2017, 10:20 am I suggest people watch these four videos:

Beyonce - Haunted.
Rihanna - ANTI-diary (full version)
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
Katy Perry - Bon Appetit

Do you think these have a message? If so, what?
This world isnt God kingdom, not everything was wise to reveal to people, only Joseph Smith was shown the bigger picture in parts. Some of which would have lead to many leaving the church if revealed.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Let me address the high voice.
It's known as falsetto. Any man can artificially raise his voice and talk or sing in a high pitched voice.

Here's one example from long ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlHsOmT ... 0Christian

A comedian, Gallagher, made a joke about them. Walk like a man. Talk like a man. But sing like a girl.
dc

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

David13 wrote: December 3rd, 2017, 7:28 am Let me address the high voice.
It's known as falsetto. Any man can artificially raise his voice and talk or sing in a high pitched voice.
Yes, and when I was singing all the time and working with a voice coach I was able to do a little better than I can today, which is probably 4 or 5 notes. However, some singers, Prince for one example, have an incredible range. I saw Prince perform in West Valley City back about a decade ago, I was amazed at his voice.