Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?

Post by skmo »

Have any of you ever said "Music has gotten really lousy today" to yourself or to others? It turns out you are on to something.

How does this apply to the gospel? Music is one of the major influences in our lives. How dramatically have The Beatles, The Doors, Elvis Presley, Pink Floyd, and others like them changed our society? It's no wonder we're falling apart as a nation, because we're being led into darkness and having kids believe it's actually the light.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?

Post by skmo »

Here's an opposite side to that coin:

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

If not for modern pop music how would young women learn the fantastic apspects of dark occult symbolism?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I suggest people watch these four videos:

Beyonce - Haunted.
Rihanna - ANTI-diary (full version)
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
Katy Perry - Bon Appetit

Do you think these have a message? If so, what?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Terrible - or funny? :D

I think that for fast-ish music to sound good (lyrics and sound) - the artists need to have had some life experience - otherwise it sounds fake.
There are a lot of Christian songs I like - but some come on (K-love) that reminds me of the above.

Some songs that have good messages and good beats &/or guitar...

Toby Mac: Get back up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX5OqyBYKh4

Matthew West: More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZgQlbGypiY

Sunshine in my pocket:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw

Lighter than the sun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mXRUKBs2k

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Because we live in a world that is terrible

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Fiannan wrote: September 4th, 2017, 10:15 am If not for modern pop music how would young women learn the fantastic apspects of dark occult symbolism?
And boys/men don't listen to music? Since when?

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

skmo wrote: September 4th, 2017, 12:27 am Have any of you ever said "Music has gotten really lousy today" to yourself or to others? It turns out you are on to something.

How does this apply to the gospel? Music is one of the major influences in our lives. How dramatically have The Beatles, The Doors, Elvis Presley, Pink Floyd, and others like them changed our society? It's no wonder we're falling apart as a nation, because we're being led into darkness and having kids believe it's actually the light.
One may enjoy the examples above and not fall victim to the manipulative overt and/or covert messages in the music or the associated culture. The more light you receive, the more darkness becomes repelling.

Background on the music industry in the 60s:
http://truthstreammedia.com/2015/09/24/ ... -industry/

Some of the effects of music:

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

MMbelieve wrote: November 28th, 2017, 1:06 pm
Fiannan wrote: September 4th, 2017, 10:15 am If not for modern pop music how would young women learn the fantastic apspects of dark occult symbolism?
And boys/men don't listen to music? Since when?
Rap and metal are popular with male audiences. Pop is aimed at females and feminized males. Of course there are women who like metal but they tend to be the more intelligent and rebellious; in other words thinkers.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

While I like "Spike in My Veins" better this illustrates that non-pop bands are more into thinking. Note, "Illuminati" was created by Korn during the Obama regime.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Because rock is better in every way.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

It isn't music. It's just noise. Thumping and banging, and wailing. These female "singers?" sound like sick cats. Horrid, screechy screaming. It's just horrible.
Even the Mexican "music", just thumping and banging.
But what about "country" music. Where is that video about how they just throw target words together with no story or lyric line at all. Just pandering with "country" words.
And then this "country singer" who says he is in favor of "gun control" whatever the idiot thinks he means by that? This no talent churl says "it's the cowboy in him?" Who ever heard of a cowboy without a gun? No one. What a total phony.

The garbage that gets away as "music" today is absurd.

One nice thing for me is the church. Music every Sunday. It's the only "music" that I listen to.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

[youtube]Once upon a time there were some good songs out there, just here and there.
Two examples come to mind at this moment.
Easybeats, Friday on My Mind.

ABBA. I couldn't stand to listen or watch them as Onyetta had a mesmerizing effect upon me. I was just too attracted to her. Here she is after she had her teeth fixed.
But listen to Chiquitita. That is really such a wonderful song.
Well, let me get them here:
https://youtu.be/rBJLoYd8xak

https://youtu.be/yiJMln3q7GU

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

If there were no male pop stars who would your teenage daughters put up posters of in their rooms, who would they scream and cry and faint over at concerts and mall appearances? without female pop stars where would your teenage daughters get their fashion from?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Hold on!! Lots of radio music stinks, but there's lots of good stuff. Some have decent to good lyrics.

And if I ever hear "she just wants" I turn the station immediately. That song plays like 1,000x/ week.

If we listen, we rarely watch the videos. Not even for great songs. It just makes most of them reaally bad.

BTW, ABBA was horrible for me. We basically don't listen to them. Many of their songs, especially their hits, are about divorce, breaking up, playing hard, etc. Not good stuff for future marriages...

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Gage wrote: November 29th, 2017, 8:41 am If there were no male pop stars who would your teenage daughters put up posters of in their rooms, who would they scream and cry and faint over at concerts and mall appearances? without female pop stars where would your teenage daughters get their fashion from?
Ever ask what societal programming has been employed to cause young women to worship as idols these music stars? I suppose it may be the same employed in the days of old when the "Sons of God" had throngs of regular human women lining up to reproduce with them.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Again, watch these videos and tell me there is not an occult-transhumanist agenda at play. Your daughters or grand-daughters have seen them.

Beyonce - Haunted.
Rihanna - ANTI-diary (full version)
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
Katy Perry - Bon Appetit

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbttcKEZI4c

K- LOVE is the answer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bbh43MGoigw

I heard mercy call my name...... AMEN! This one was awesome to see live.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JdZZNNsC4

I totally forgot how to do it so the you tube video just shows up!!

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Some people here seem to be in the category or genre as represented here. ;)

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Latest Weezer album has been very very good.. check it out.

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

Most popular music aimed at the masses has evolved into pure crap. Just another industry Satan has infiltrated. There is good music being made today but most young people do not care for it. The Vigilant Citizen website does some really good breakdowns of popular music videos being released. It's insane to see the symbolism and dark stuff being shoved down our throats. This is a sick world. These music videos are leaving nothing to the imagination of what the Great and Spacious building would have looked like to Lehi and Nephi. Granted it's not just music videos that accomplish that, it's everywhere you look now.

Just the other day a video of a little boy (maybe 6'ish?) dancing on an episode of Ellen surfaced on my Facebook feed. I did not have the sound on so the subtitles came up. The lyrics to that song were awful to say the least. Disgusting. But the crowd was cheering him on like nothing was wrong. It was a song called Sauce It Up by Lil Uzi Vert (which when you say his name sounds like Lucifer). I looked at the comments on the video and did not come across a single comment of anyone concerned over the lyrics. So the entire audience and the millions of viewers are cheering on this little boy for his great talent but ignoring the fact that he is dancing to an awful song, with horrible lyrics, sung by an "artist" called Lucifer (essentially).

This is the world we live in.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I turned on pandora and one of the songs started to make my stomach hurt. Most song's chords are 1, 4, 5, and 1, if you are lucky to get that many. No more musical variation than twinkle little star. I think music can be a portal to take you places in your spirit or attract spirits to you. The notes in music now days slur into each other but not on key which for me creates a feeling of sinking and illness in my body. Like the first 4 opening measures of Gangham Style, the first 2 notes of each measure slur into each other but in an off tune slide. It makes me feel like my tummy is coming apart from the inside.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

And what is up with all these guys singing in high-pitched voices?