Listen to the Snufferite conference

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Listen to the Snufferite conference

Post by Rose Garden »

Since this has been a hot topic on here, I thought some of you might want to tune into the conference for curiosity's sake. I'm going to be there, or maybe be driving home at the time. I'm not sure if the Covenant is being presented Saturday or Sunday. I'll be there Saturday. Here's the link:
https://covenantofchristconference.com/#video
Last edited by creator on September 1st, 2017, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator changed title for clarification of which conference is being referred to.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Re: Listen to the Snufferite conference

Post by ebenezerarise »

Unbelievable how the marketing of Snuffer continues on this site.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

How about that, I wonder who will be "in charge".

awaketozion
captain of 10

Post by awaketozion »

FYI-The covenant will be presented on Sunday between 9-12 AM.

Source: http://www.covenantofchristconference.com

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

awaketozion wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 12:16 am FYI-The covenant will be presented on Sunday between 9-12 AM.

Source: http://www.covenantofchristconference.com
FYI, you are joining an apostate church.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

The covenant will be presented at the end of the conference, from what I heard last night. I was talking to one of the organizers.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

More promotion of false doctrine on this forum.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel wrote: February 16th, 2017, 8:29 pm new scripture can happen depending on people beliefs

seems this is what happens in people's brains

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

My intention was not to promote false doctrine. I'm not accepting the covenant myself, much to the dismay of a friend or two who are concerned for my eternal soul. I brought it up because people on this forum have already been discussing this, bringing in materials from Denver and remnant movement to do so. Whatever a person thinks about this conference, it is a topic of interest here and I personally have been edified by the discussions surrounding it.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I'd rather hit my finger with a hammer.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

mirkwood wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 10:01 am I'd rather hit my finger with a hammer.
Best avoid hammers for a while. We get what we wish for in this life....
Last edited by Rose Garden on September 5th, 2017, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Meili wrote: September 1st, 2017, 7:34 am Since this has been a hot topic on here, I thought some of you might want to tune into the conference for curiosity's sake. I'm going to be there, or maybe be driving home at the time. I'm not sure if the Covenant is being presented Saturday or Sunday. I'll be there Saturday. Here's the link:
Thanks for sharing this link. I appreciate it, though I don't think I'll listen in (it's a busy weekend), my curiosity is peaked. I'm glad you aren't making the Covenant. Personally, I can't believe that the people who insisted that no one should stand between you and God are now actually covenanting to accept Denver Snuffer as their go between with God. It's such a 180% stance from just three years ago to what he's presenting now.

Someone on one of the Remnant threads in the other Gospel discussions subforum claimed you were NOT a follower of Denver Snuffer, and I was surprised by that comment. I know you've listened to him (I remember years ago you looking for a ride to one of his lectures) and I also happened upon a comment on a blog (Worlds without end) from a couple of years ago where it was shared that you helped people find Snuffer Fellowships in their area. So, have your opinions of Denver Snuffer and the Remnant changed in the last couple of years?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

mirkwood wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 10:01 am I'd rather hit my finger with a hammer.
If you stream it I would watch :))

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Meili wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 7:17 am The covenant will be presented at the end of the conference, from what I heard last night. I was talking to one of the organizers.
I'm pretty sure they will read the 'revelation' Denver claims to have received first, and then present the covenant. That will take a while, it's like 12 pages! #:-s One thing about Denver Snuffer, he's very wordy.

With all I'm familiar with Denver Snuffer's teachings, I'm incredulous that he's managed to get his followers to accept him as their Prophet. He was adamant he'd never found a church or lead it, but that's exactly where this is all headed. If you read his 12 page tome, you see that he's telling his followers what God expects of them in their behavior in order to build 'Zion' , so how is this any different than listening to President Monson tell us what God expect of us?

Did he placate his followers because he did it in the style of the language of the Doctrine and Covenants? And when you do read it, it's clearly not a revelation from God, it's only meant to sound like it. It has Denver Snuffer's 'sound' all through it. It reminds me of the 'voice' found in the 2nd book of commandments and the Sealed portion--both supposedly sacred writings put forward by two other excommunicated Mormons. They do like to make their writings sound like mainstream LDS scriptures.

I keep wondering how a group of people who insisted that they didn't need anyone else to tell them what they needed to do, but each individual should go directly to God for answers---how they managed to be hoodwinked into falling right back into the same top-down authority configuration, they condemned. How can people be so blind? I wonder if it is partly a pride issue. So many of them have thrown away their LDS membership and burned so many bridges with loved ones and friends, they now must deny that the Remnant movement isn't everything they claimed it was when they first got involved.

I hope some will come to their senses and see that they've been duped into following a man who is now actively setting himself up to be their Prophet and if they make this covenant and continue in this group, they will be forced to subordinate their own 'revelations' (as in the example of John Doe) so as to be in compliance with whatever Denver Snuffer tells them is 'God's will and God's teachings', which conveniently happen to coincide with Snuffer's own opinion on the matter.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

If anyone doesn't believe me, here's the proof;

From the Covenant that these people are being asked to make:
First: Do you believe all the words of the Lord which have been read to you this day, and
know them to be true and from the Lord Jesus Christ who has condescended to provide
them to you, and do you covenant with Him to cease to do evil and to seek to continually do
good?
http://denversnuffer.com/wp/wp-content/ ... nant-1.pdf

What they are covenanting is that they 'believe' all the words that Denver claims to have received from God and will 'cease' to do anything that that the Lord (through Denver) tells them they shouldn't do or should do--the requirements found in the 12 page tome that is being read before they make the covenant. He's making his people covenant--make a solemn promise before God that Denver speaks for the Lord and will impart to them the Lord's will for them.

For those of you familiar with Remnant types, is this not incredible? These are the people who snidely called us 'brethrenites' and ridiculed our singing 'Follow the Prophet', who insist that we are in 'apostasy' because we had the audacity to believe and teach that we have a Prophet at the head of our church--now they have a man who is setting himself up to be a prophet for their movement and they don't bat an eye. They even have their own de facto first presidency, with Adrian Larsen and Keith Henderson.

So, basically, they left one Prophet led church for another, but live in denial that this is what it's becoming. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic, but there's nothing funny about the spiritual cost this exacts.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

AI2.0 wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 11:06 am If anyone doesn't believe me, here's the proof;

From the Covenant that these people are being asked to make:
First: Do you believe all the words of the Lord which have been read to you this day, and
know them to be true and from the Lord Jesus Christ who has condescended to provide
them to you, and do you covenant with Him to cease to do evil and to seek to continually do
good?
http://denversnuffer.com/wp/wp-content/ ... nant-1.pdf

What they are covenanting is that they 'believe' all the words that Denver claims to have received from God and will 'cease' to do anything that that the Lord (through Denver) tells them they shouldn't do or should do--the requirements found in the 12 page tome that is being read before they make the covenant. He's making his people covenant--make a solemn promise before God that Denver speaks for the Lord and will impart to them the Lord's will for them.

For those of you familiar with Remnant types, is this not incredible? These are the people who snidely called us 'brethrenites' and ridiculed our singing 'Follow the Prophet', who insist that we are in 'apostasy' because we had the audacity to believe and teach that we have a Prophet at the head of our church--now they have a man who is setting himself up to be a prophet for their movement and they don't bat an eye. They even have their own de facto first presidency, with Adrian Larsen and Keith Henderson.

So, basically, they left one Prophet led church for another, but live in denial that this is what it's becoming. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic, but there's nothing funny about the spiritual cost this exacts.
Someone said there is 20 people there, but only 8 are celestial.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

There is listed on the program for Saturday at 9:30 pm a John Pratt. Does anyone know if this is John P. Pratt the frequent contributor to Meridian Magazine:

https://ldsmag.com/author/john-p-pratt/

who also looks like this:

http://www.johnpratt.com/

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

brlenox wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 11:58 am There is listed on the program for Saturday at 9:30 pm a John Pratt. Does anyone know if this is John P. Pratt the frequent contributor to Meridian Magazine:

Since John Pratt us giving an astronomical presentation, I would guess that he is John P. Pratt.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

brlenox wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 11:58 am There is listed on the program for Saturday at 9:30 pm a John Pratt. Does anyone know if this is John P. Pratt the frequent contributor to Meridian Magazine:

Yes, same man.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

AI2.0 wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 10:37 am
Meili wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 7:17 am The covenant will be presented at the end of the conference, from what I heard last night. I was talking to one of the organizers.
I'm pretty sure they will read the 'revelation' Denver claims to have received first, and then present the covenant. That will take a while, it's like 12 pages! #:-s One thing about Denver Snuffer, he's very wordy.

With all I'm familiar with Denver Snuffer's teachings, I'm incredulous that he's managed to get his followers to accept him as their Prophet. He was adamant he'd never found a church or lead it, but that's exactly where this is all headed. If you read his 12 page tome, you see that he's telling his followers what God expects of them in their behavior in order to build 'Zion' , so how is this any different than listening to President Monson tell us what God expect of us?

Did he placate his followers because he did it in the style of the language of the Doctrine and Covenants? And when you do read it, it's clearly not a revelation from God, it's only meant to sound like it. It has Denver Snuffer's 'sound' all through it. It reminds me of the 'voice' found in the 2nd book of commandments and the Sealed portion--both supposedly sacred writings put forward by two other excommunicated Mormons. They do like to make their writings sound like mainstream LDS scriptures.

I keep wondering how a group of people who insisted that they didn't need anyone else to tell them what they needed to do, but each individual should go directly to God for answers---how they managed to be hoodwinked into falling right back into the same top-down authority configuration, they condemned. How can people be so blind? I wonder if it is partly a pride issue. So many of them have thrown away their LDS membership and burned so many bridges with loved ones and friends, they now must deny that the Remnant movement isn't everything they claimed it was when they first got involved.

I hope some will come to their senses and see that they've been duped into following a man who is now actively setting himself up to be their Prophet and if they make this covenant and continue in this group, they will be forced to subordinate their own 'revelations' (as in the example of John Doe) so as to be in compliance with whatever Denver Snuffer tells them is 'God's will and God's teachings', which conveniently happen to coincide with Snuffer's own opinion on the matter.
Everyone that I know to any notable extent has what I call "divisions" within them, things in which they simultaneously hold two different perspectives on the same issue. The person within which I have discovered the most divisions is myself. It's far easier to see divisions in others than within yourself but seeing them in others leads to frustration, anger, bitterness, etc. Discovering them within yourself leads to humility, a desire to repent, and ultimately peace as you learn to root them out. I previously felt a great deal of frustration over the same things you have expressed here. However, over time I realized that I had more than enough issues within myself to take care of and as I have begun to focus on them, I begun to have more compassion on them, on myself, and on human beings in general. We're all screwed up and it's far easier to accept that truth than spend time stressing about other people's shortcomings.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

AI2.0 wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 10:20 am
Meili wrote: September 1st, 2017, 7:34 am Since this has been a hot topic on here, I thought some of you might want to tune into the conference for curiosity's sake. I'm going to be there, or maybe be driving home at the time. I'm not sure if the Covenant is being presented Saturday or Sunday. I'll be there Saturday. Here's the link:
Thanks for sharing this link. I appreciate it, though I don't think I'll listen in (it's a busy weekend), my curiosity is peaked. I'm glad you aren't making the Covenant. Personally, I can't believe that the people who insisted that no one should stand between you and God are now actually covenanting to accept Denver Snuffer as their go between with God. It's such a 180% stance from just three years ago to what he's presenting now.

Someone on one of the Remnant threads in the other Gospel discussions subforum claimed you were NOT a follower of Denver Snuffer, and I was surprised by that comment. I know you've listened to him (I remember years ago you looking for a ride to one of his lectures) and I also happened upon a comment on a blog (Worlds without end) from a couple of years ago where it was shared that you helped people find Snuffer Fellowships in their area. So, have your opinions of Denver Snuffer and the Remnant changed in the last couple of years?
I would say at best I was a fringe follower of Denver. I was caught up for some time by the enthusiasm of my friends but the more the movement became a movement, the less enamored I became of it. I am here in Boise because many of my friends are here. Regardless of the foolishness exhibited by many in the movement, l have good friends among them. They have exhibited great patience with me and supported me even when I was being obstinate and aggressive, not to mention incredibly foolish myself. I credit their kindness in large part for the recent peace and joy I've received lately. Regardless of their differences with me, they gave me the support I needed to heal from the injuries I've received from this earthly life.

It's worth it to me to make the sacrifice to come here in order to associate with them. They acknowledge they don't have Zion and I feel no need to join a covenant with them until they do. But it is still wonderful to spend time with them.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

From what I can see, there are plenty more than 20 people. The crowd looks to be about what would fill a chapel and good part of the overflow.
Some things I note is that they are very casually dressed, lots of tshirts, tank tops, shorts, hats, etc. I guess part of it is that many don't wear garments so no need for adults to cover their legs to the knee or their shoulders. It does look like a picnic in a park at first.
The Logo looks like something I've seen on a banner in a protestant church.
The sacrament was weird. They sang a song that I suspect was written for the conference--I couldn't hear the words. They had men pulling loaves of bread out of bags and ripping them in pieces. They told the congregants they were supposed to bring their own wine to use but they did provide cups if needed. They said the prayers back to back and about half the group kneeled, the other half sat in their chairs. One guy had his hands up in the air during the prayer. I believe that's a throwback to how it may have been done decades ago in some wards.

Interesting, but no names are given. They don't announce who's speaking, praying, or even who is conducting.

It feel sorry for the little kids, it's a long meeting and they are sitting on folding chairs.

The scripture committee speaker has the 'speaking style' that is familiar in many LDS leadership speakers. I don't know who it is though, since they don't announce.

They clap when speakers are finished.

They quote Denver Snuffer a lot. He is definitely their prophet and they believe his mission is to 'preserve the restoration'. I wonder how many of the people realized that in 2017 they'd be members of a different church.

Those are some of the things I noticed just listening to the first hour. It's three hours long.

sevenator
captain of 100

Post by sevenator »

So....what was/is "The Covenant"?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

sevenator wrote: September 11th, 2017, 1:02 pm So....what was/is "The Covenant"?
I am guessing something along these lines....more or less

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

sevenator wrote: September 11th, 2017, 1:02 pm So....what was/is "The Covenant"?
They covenanted to rock much harder than there forebears. And when possible always wear Metallica tank tops to church meetings.