Reign of Judges Title of Liberty Movie

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
sandman45
captain of 1,000

Reign of Judges Title of Liberty Movie

Post by sandman45 »

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Reign of Judges Title of Liberty Movie

Post by ajax »

Hopefully it will contain some racy scenes with the harlot Isabel. Nothing better in a movie than violence and sex.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I really dislike remakes because scripts ALWAYS happen to go off track. It would be really cool if someone made a movie that followed the actual script of the Book of Mormon.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

JohnnyL wrote: August 31st, 2017, 2:48 pm It would be really cool if someone made a movie that followed the actual script of the Book of Mormon.
Nah, too stilted.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

ajax wrote: August 31st, 2017, 2:54 pm
JohnnyL wrote: August 31st, 2017, 2:48 pm It would be really cool if someone made a movie that followed the actual script of the Book of Mormon.
Nah, too stilted.
I'd like it. Even in animation. Lots of narration while watching scenes happen.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

ajax wrote: August 31st, 2017, 2:45 pm Hopefully it will contain some racy scenes with the harlot Isabel. Nothing better in a movie than violence and sex.
so Game of Thronesify it?

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

I think this has potential. I am a current backer for the film. As long as it's nothing like the Book of Mormon Movie Volume 1 And Only.

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

I was just thinking. The Church should come out with a statement "applauding" the efforts of this movie. ;)

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

I just saw the film short for this yesterday and it was awesome! I think the full length film will be a huge beacon of light in a sea of filthy Hollywood movies. I believe God is helping this project along.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I've been watching the progress of this movie project over the years, too. Darin asked me last year to send him shots of myself to be included as an extra (Lamanite). I was hoping to be part of extras during his shoot in Oregon. In any case, hopefully I still get to be an extra in upcoming shoots just to be a part of this project. Darin is really a cool guy and he's done his homework with the script (though I disagreed with him about the Nephite government being a republic). I hope this will eventually be released in DVD format. I look forward to owning a copy. There's another obscure project similar to this called End Of An Empire. I hope that one succeeds, too, though the producers have been very quiet about their project.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

I wonder if they're planning to address one of the main purposes of the Book of Mormon - showing how secret combinations connive to get power in government, protect each other from the law, destroy liberty of people and bring their eventual destruction.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

nvr wrote: March 16th, 2018, 11:55 am I wonder if they're planning to address one of the main purposes of the Book of Mormon - showing how secret combinations connive to get power in government, protect each other from the law, destroy liberty of people and bring their eventual destruction.
Fail. That is not “one of the main purposes of the BoM”. You may ho back to your gospel now.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

I disagree. You might read again looking for it - it is a theme repeated in several places.
Mormon 8: 35 Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing.

40 Yea, why do ye build up your secret abominations to get gain, and cause that widows should mourn before the Lord, and also orphans to mourn before the Lord, and also the blood of their fathers and their husbands to cry unto the Lord from the ground, for vengeance upon your heads?

41 Behold, the sword of vengeance hangeth over you; and the time soon cometh that he avengeth the blood of the saints upon you, for he will not suffer their cries any longer.
Ether 8:23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
Helaman 2:13 And behold, in the end of this book ye shall see that this Gadianton did prove the overthrow, yea, almost the entire destruction of the people of Nephi.
From "I Know your Doing", Dec. 1988
The detailed stories in the Book of Mormon act as warning and instruction for our generation. We learn the value of freedom through the compelling story of Captain Moroni and his title of liberty. We learn the dangers of secret combinations through the chilling accounts of Kishkumen, Gadianton, and Akish. The book exposes the nature of deception through the dramatic encounters between Jacob and Sherem, Alma and Nehor, and Alma and Korihor. Each of these dangers face us today, and the Book of Mormon accounts clearly show how righteous people can act and succeed in such situations.

Through Mormon, Moroni, and others, the Lord also emphasized certain themes that are especially important to present-day Lamanites, Gentiles, and Jews. Through every major Nephite prophet, for example, the Lord declared: “Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; but inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence.” (2 Ne. 1:20—Lehi; see also 1 Ne. 2:20–21—Nephi; 2 Ne. 10:19–20—Jacob; Mosiah 1:7—Benjamin; Alma 9:13—Alma; Alma 48:25—Mormon; Ether 2:7–9—Moroni and the brother of Jared.)

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

nvr wrote: March 16th, 2018, 1:21 pm I disagree. You might read again looking for it - it is a theme repeated in several places.
Mormon 8: 35 Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing.

40 Yea, why do ye build up your secret abominations to get gain, and cause that widows should mourn before the Lord, and also orphans to mourn before the Lord, and also the blood of their fathers and their husbands to cry unto the Lord from the ground, for vengeance upon your heads?

41 Behold, the sword of vengeance hangeth over you; and the time soon cometh that he avengeth the blood of the saints upon you, for he will not suffer their cries any longer.
Ether 8:23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
Helaman 2:13 And behold, in the end of this book ye shall see that this Gadianton did prove the overthrow, yea, almost the entire destruction of the people of Nephi.
From "I Know your Doing", Dec. 1988
The detailed stories in the Book of Mormon act as warning and instruction for our generation. We learn the value of freedom through the compelling story of Captain Moroni and his title of liberty. We learn the dangers of secret combinations through the chilling accounts of Kishkumen, Gadianton, and Akish. The book exposes the nature of deception through the dramatic encounters between Jacob and Sherem, Alma and Nehor, and Alma and Korihor. Each of these dangers face us today, and the Book of Mormon accounts clearly show how righteous people can act and succeed in such situations.

Through Mormon, Moroni, and others, the Lord also emphasized certain themes that are especially important to present-day Lamanites, Gentiles, and Jews. Through every major Nephite prophet, for example, the Lord declared: “Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; but inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence.” (2 Ne. 1:20—Lehi; see also 1 Ne. 2:20–21—Nephi; 2 Ne. 10:19–20—Jacob; Mosiah 1:7—Benjamin; Alma 9:13—Alma; Alma 48:25—Mormon; Ether 2:7–9—Moroni and the brother of Jared.)
AMEN! And AMEN!!

It totally is a major thing coming from the Book of Mormon. Because it was one of the main causes of those civilizations downfall

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

It is one of the themes in the BoM... but not THE main purpose of the book.

It is an important secondary purpose to testify of the conspiracy of those in government to overthrow liberty.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Darin released the first 20 pages of the screenplay for anyone interested. I really like what he's done so far.

ROJ Screenplay

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

Looks like the first go around was successful. Heading off to round two

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da ... blu-ray-dv

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Durzan wrote: March 18th, 2018, 3:16 amIt is an important secondary purpose to testify of the conspiracy of those in government to overthrow liberty.
Too bad more LDS don't actually understand modern day Secret Combinations... or how the Book of Mormon relates to our day.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I don't know how its actually implemented, I just know that there are those out there who do conspire to overthrow liberty. It is for this reason that I am somewhat skeptical of specific conspiracy theories and opinions, as I cannot really tell which ones are fact and which ones are fiction. Even though some sound ridiculous, I know that sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. As such I have to keep my mind open, even though I do scoff off the ones that seem more "out there." Stranger things have happened than the theories that state the CIA has brainwashed the populace, or are doing all in their power to cover up the fact that "ALIENS" (Spoken as if I was Denzil Crocker from the Fairly Odd Parents) exist. The fact of the matter is that we can speculate all we want about it, and still have it completely wrong, even if the facts are exposed. I can't always trust what I hear, whether its seemingly ridiculous or plausible.

ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

Durzan wrote: August 6th, 2018, 2:37 pm I don't know how its actually implemented, I just know that there are those out there who do conspire to overthrow liberty. It is for this reason that I am somewhat skeptical of specific conspiracy theories and opinions, as I cannot really tell which ones are fact and which ones are fiction. Even though some sound ridiculous, I know that sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. As such I have to keep my mind open, even though I do scoff off the ones that seem more "out there." Stranger things have happened than the theories that state the CIA has brainwashed the populace, or are doing all in their power to cover up the fact that "ALIENS" (Spoken as if I was Denzil Crocker from the Fairly Odd Parents) exist. The fact of the matter is that we can speculate all we want about it, and still have it completely wrong, even if the facts are exposed. I can't always trust what I hear, whether its seemingly ridiculous or plausible.
Woah there, aliens totally exist

ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

This looks like it could be a cool movie!

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

I can't wait for this movie!!! :D

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

Durzan wrote: August 6th, 2018, 2:37 pm I don't know how its actually implemented, I just know that there are those out there who do conspire to overthrow liberty. It is for this reason that I am somewhat skeptical of specific conspiracy theories and opinions, as I cannot really tell which ones are fact and which ones are fiction....
Agreed. Though we can look at actions of various groups, their histories, and come to some tentative conclusions as to who is involved and what their general aims are.

Example. We do not have a normal international political climate, there is at least one super-state group out there, possibly multiple. Experiments such as the EU, united nations, and league of nations before that. Surviving despite their legion of problems is strong evidence of some powerful backing and interest in forming large power blocks out of nations. (Healthy) Nationalism is a logical counter to this trend. I don't need to understand their exact history, organizational methods, or locations to get a general idea of what is happening nor how to counter the move. Though I strongly suspect secret combinations of sorts involved. We may also potentially infer that the group(s) already have pretty firm grips on the levers of power of at least one nation if not many to have these aims as goals.

Anyway. To the original topic. I like seeing labors of love move forward. I want to see the movie too :) So I donated to help it along.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I'm just very wary of something of "poetic license". The Living Scriptures videos were that way--so much poetic license. It's like when kids watch Disney and think they know the original fairytale, then break down crying when they find out their beloved Disney is not... real.