Looters- is stealing justfied in Houston?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
h_p
captain of 1,000

Re: Looters- is stealing justfied in Houston?

Post by h_p »

Gage wrote: September 1st, 2017, 6:07 am
h_p wrote: August 31st, 2017, 11:19 pm Looters are the lowest form of life in a disaster situation. They're taking advantage of innocent victims who have had their lives uprooted and turned upside down, some even grieving the loss of family and friends. My family is hoping to evacuate the area tomorrow, and will be trying to make their way here to my home. The stress they've been under from enduring a massive flood, an emergency evacuation to a shelter in the middle of the night, helicopters flying overhead all day, loss of electricity, and now the fear of possibly having their homes broken into while they're gone is hard to comprehend.

It warmed my heart to see a video today of a Cajun Navy boat with a couple men wearing sidearms, and I silently thanked our state legislature for the recently-passed open-carry law that allowed them the show of force. Like I said earlier in this thread, justification is a fine line, but I think every evacuee out there would breathe a sigh of relief to hear of a looter shot down in the act.

Have they mentioned or heard of anything about much looting and lawlessness going on? The media wont cover it unless it was white males doing the looting.
I've heard of five incidents so far now, four of them in my home town, with one being while the homeowners were home. The family are church members (husband was a former bishop, I think), living upstairs because their first floor was flooded out. Someone was trying to kick in the door in the middle of the night. The husband was armed, but no shots were fired. The police are telling people to police themselves, as they are unable to respond to everything.