The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
A Simple Man
captain of 10

The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen

Post by A Simple Man »

Based on what I have learned, I make the above statement as my personal opinion and will offer my reasons for why this is the case. In the human perspective, I believe we actually have a long, long way to go before His coming.

PART I

Prior to the Second Coming there are three periods of missionary efforts to fully complete before His coming,
and the fourth will have already begun.
1. The Times of the Gentiles.
2. The Mission to the House of Israel.
3. The Mission to the Heathen Nations.
4.The Final Mission To All Mankind which will begin immediately prior to the His second coming and continue throughout the millennium.

1. The Times of the Gentiles began with the restoration of the gospel in 1830 and the launching of the missionary efforts throughout the world to primarily the Christian nations. Now, nearly 200 years later from its beginning, we continue to live in the Times of the Gentiles.

So what specific event will signify the end of this very important time period?

Briefly, it is the calling home of the missionaries from the so-called Christian nations of the earth because of their wickedness and unreceptive attitude towards the gospel. Let me be more specific. They will be called home because they are in danger. Anyone faithful to this gospel will risk persecution.

According to apostle Orson Pratt, even our meeting houses will be shut down as part of this persecution.
My guess is that the Church will be branded as promoting hate speech and intolerance.
If this happens, I suppose members will meet in one another’s homes for some semblance of church meetings.

And what will the consequences be to the world for having had the gospel messengers taken from amongst them?
The answer is found in the scriptures. There will be war, famine, pestilence, disease, earthquake, tidal waves, etc.
By these means the Lord will preach His own sermon to the world.
Other details surrounding this event will be discussed in part II.

2. Following the Times of the Gentiles, we will enter what President Kimball termed “The Great Day of the Lamanite.”

This great day will be the time their great conversion as a people and their great “blossoming as a rose.” Up to that time, their conversion and blossoming will have been limited by comparison of what will come.

And thus, will be further fulfillment of Jesus’ words: “Those who are first shall be last, and those who were last shall be first.”

* * * * Now here is an important part.
IF this Great Day of the Lamanite lasts anywhere near as long as the Times of the Gentiles, then we are AT THE VERY LEAST 200 years away from the Second Coming.

3. Following this Mission to the House of Israel, and after the Battle of Armageddon and the great Jewish conversion at Christ’s brief appearance at the splitting of the Mount of Olives, will begin the Mission to the Heathen Nations of the world. And who knows how long that mission will last?!
And so the Second Coming is even further delayed.

4. Lastly, will be the Final Mission to All of Mankind. This will take place immediately preceding the Second Coming and throughout the Millennium after the Lord’s Second Coming.

In this entire timeline, it is important to realize that our generation is but one link in a chain containing many links. The important thing is that we maintain and fortify our link.
Our posterity will have their own generational links to maintain and fortify.

PART II

So what COULD happen in the lifetime of our generation and what does it look like?

A. Prior to the end of the Times of the Gentiles, the United States will have been victorious against Russia and her allies in World War III. As to whether the Solis Cardisto account of this war is an accurate depiction, I cannot say.
But I do think that a ground invasion by Communist forces from around the world, and all the tragedy, suffering and abuse that will come with it, will be part of America’s cleansing.

B. We could see the missionaries called home from the so-called Christian nations, thus actually fulfilling the Times of the Gentiles.

This is when the Lord will begin to preach his own sermon to the world. . . the United States included.
There will be great geologic cataclysms, famine and war that will eventually end all nations.

Speaking specifically to the United States, this is when a massive civil war will break out, causing the entire fall of government on both the state and federal level. However, according to the writings of the modern day apostles and prophets, this will not be a war like unto the first civil war, the North vs. the South. It will be a war of state against state, city against city, neighborhood against neighborhood and family against family.
And it will be tremendously bloody. Perhaps maybe even like unto Book of Mormon depictions wherein the warring peoples left the corpses of the dead upon the open ground to become prey to the worms, birds and beasts.

Do you remember the promise that the Lord made to the brother of Jared regarding the Promised Land?
Well, America is going to more greatly feel the hand of God’s justice. America will be cleansed.
It’s will just be a repeat pattern from the Book of Mormon.

C. But it is not all bad news. The Lord has prepared a place to hide up His People and anyone else who will not take up the sword against their neighbor. It is here in the mountains and valleys of the Rocky Mountains.
But here too we will not be free from grave challenges. According to the modern prophets, it will be near famine if not all out famine conditions there because so many people will have fled to the Mormons to be fed.

Also, it is my opinion that it is during this time of civil war when the Lord’s prophecy from the Book of 3rd Nephi regarding the Lamanite people going “amongst the Gentiles as a lion goes through a flock of sheep” will be fulfilled. For amidst the civil war, its occurrence will be unable to be resisted.

Following this civil war, when the promised land of America has been cleansed, it is my opinion that then is the day when the prophesied great conversion and “blossoming as the rose” for the Lamanite People will go full throttle. Then some time during that period is when the New Jerusalem will be built.

In closing, I encourage the reading of Prophesy, Key To The Future by Duane Crowther.
This book has provided a great deal of the information and opinion that I have shared.
Here is a link to this years updated version.

https://www.amazon.com/Prophecy-Key-Fut ... the+future

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen

Post by kittycat51 »

And things could happen in a blink of an eye. :-o

True
captain of 100

Re: The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen

Post by True »

Thank you, great post. Interesting read. I think it will come in some of our life times. My guess is 2060 just from a vision my brother had when he was young and for no other reason. I already know that I will not be around but I sure do like to read about what other people think.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

True wrote: August 26th, 2017, 4:18 pm Thank you, great post. Interesting read. I think it will come in some of our life times. My guess is 2060 just from a vision my brother had when he was young and for no other reason. I already know that I will not be around but I sure do like to read about what other people think.
Speak for yourself, I'll be 100 years old in 2060!

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Only Satan would want you to think the Second Coming isn't on the way. We've been warned also of people trying to make us think its a hundred years in the future. Also there absolutely are probably dozens of quotes by church leaders with certainty that the Millenium WILL have tons of missionary work AND temple work both.

:) Hope I don't offend you and please don't feel bad either, but I'm sure of this. :)

Ezekiel
captain of 100

Re: No Missionary Work in the Millennium

Post by Ezekiel »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 26th, 2017, 5:15 pm
A Simple Man wrote: August 25th, 2017, 3:26 pm Based on what I have learned, I make the above statement as my personal opinion and will offer my reasons for why this is the case. In the human perspective, I believe we actually have a long, long way to go before His coming.

PART I

Prior to the Second Coming there are three periods of missionary efforts to fully complete before His coming,
4.The Final Mission To All Mankind which will begin immediately prior to the His second coming and continue throughout the millennium.
All missionary work will be completed prior to the Second Coming. There won't be any missionary work done in the Millennium. Nor temple work. All salvation work will be completed before His coming.
Q. What are we to understand by the sounding of the trumpets, mentioned in the 8th chapter of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that as God made the world in six days, and on the seventh day he finished his work, and sanctified it, and also formed man out of the dust of the earth, even so, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years will the Lord God sanctify the earth, and complete the salvation of man, and judge all things, and shall redeem all things, except that which he hath not put into his power, when he shall have sealed all things, unto the end of all things; and the sounding of the trumpets of the seven angels are the preparing and finishing of his work, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years—the preparing of the way before the time of his coming. (D&C 77:12)
The following is the condition that will exist during the Millennium from day one:
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (Jeremiah 31:34)
When the angel says, "It is finished!" this doesn't mean that there is still more stuff to do.
And again, another angel shall sound his trump, which is the seventh angel, saying: It is finished; it is finished! The Lamb of God hath overcome and trodden the wine-press alone, even the wine-press of the fierceness of the wrath of Almighty God. (D&C 88:106)
I agree one hundred percent. The millennium will be a time of peace. How can there be peace if there are still sceptical people who still do not fully believe the truth and lack faith? It just wouldn't work.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Robin Hood wrote: August 26th, 2017, 4:51 pm
True wrote: August 26th, 2017, 4:18 pm Thank you, great post. Interesting read. I think it will come in some of our life times. My guess is 2060 just from a vision my brother had when he was young and for no other reason. I already know that I will not be around but I sure do like to read about what other people think.
Speak for yourself, I'll be 100 years old in 2060!
Maybe you'll twinkle then.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/tg/twinkling

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

A Simple Man wrote: August 25th, 2017, 3:26 pm Based on what I have learned, I make the above statement as my personal opinion and will offer my reasons for why this is the case. In the human perspective, I believe we actually have a long, long way to go before His coming.

PART I

Disagree, the missionaries will be recalled which will start the tribulations. Then after Zion the new Jerusalem is built the lost tribes will return and 144k will be called as final missionaries to the world - you are missing key information.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

To say there will not be temple work during the Millennium is.......false. There will be much temple work, and massive genealogy work, ie, new findings, corrections and complete and accurate family ties.
There will be people of many faiths there as well, not just Mormons. God knows his sheep and they, whoever they may be, follow his voice. An example of this is in the Book of Mormon where following many cities being destroyed, the people that remained were the more righteous, thus, the Lord saved them from destruction.

3 Nephi 9:13
13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

3 Ne. 10:6 (6, 12)
6 O ye house of Israel whom I have spared, how oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart.
12 And it was the more righteous part of the people who were saved, and it was they who received the prophets and stoned them not; and it was they who had not shed the blood of the saints, who were spared—

Joel 2
28 ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Matthew 24
42 ¶ Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

D&C 101
23 And prepare for the revelation which is to come, when the veil of the covering of my temple, in my tabernacle, which hideth the earth, shall be taken off, and all flesh shall see me together.

Also, during the Millennium, the United Order will be in place so there will be no rich, no poor, all things will be equal.

See also: Earth, Cleansing of

Stourme
captain of 100

Post by Stourme »

This whole thread is a train wreck. Are you trolling or what?

The pharisees' grand mistake was that they didn't get their understanding from the prophets. Instead they relied on their own understanding and as a result they got everything wrong and ended up crucifying the Son of God.

When you don't study the writings of the prophets, you get this thread.

From LDS.ORG, Teachings of Brigham Young
"The Millennium will be a time of unity, peace, and temple service.
In the Millennium, when the Kingdom of God is established on the earth in power, glory and perfection, and the reign of wickedness that has so long prevailed is subdued, the Saints of God will have the privilege of building their temples, and of entering into them, becoming, as it were, pillars in the temples of God [see Revelation 3:12], and they will officiate for their dead.
"

Officially, this sign has already been given.

Acts 2
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

And the Lord said:

3 Nephi 29
2 And ye may know that the words of the Lord, which have been spoken by the holy prophets, shall all be fulfilled; and ye need not say that the Lord delays his coming unto the children of Israel.

Did you not just see a solar eclipse that marveled the whole earth?

D & C 29
14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;

There are several signs left and none of them are good.

D & C 29
15 And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;
16 And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.

I hope you have your food storage ready. I'm building mine up.

-Stourme

When we see the signs, the Lord is not delaying His coming. Telling people that it won't happen in their life time is evil. We are commanded not to do that. We are commanded to watch for the signs and prepare.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

I BELIEVE that the Times of the Gentiles will END THIS CENTURY

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

I’ll be 49 or 50 in 2060.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

gardener4life wrote: August 26th, 2017, 6:46 pm Only Satan would want you to think the Second Coming isn't on the way. We've been warned also of people trying to make us think its a hundred years in the future. Also there absolutely are probably dozens of quotes by church leaders with certainty that the Millenium WILL have tons of missionary work AND temple work both.

:) Hope I don't offend you and please don't feel bad either, but I'm sure of this. :)
You didn’t offend anyone. It’s a simple truth! :)

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

PART I

1. The Times of the Gentiles began with the restoration of the gospel in 1830 and the launching of the missionary efforts throughout the world to primarily the Christian nations. Now, nearly 200 years later from its beginning, we continue to live in the Times of the Gentiles.

Briefly, it is the calling home of the missionaries from the so-called Christian nations of the earth because of their wickedness and unreceptive attitude towards the gospel. Let me be more specific. They will be called home because they are in danger. Anyone faithful to this gospel will risk persecution.

According to apostle Orson Pratt, even our meeting houses will be shut down as part of this persecution.
My guess is that the Church will be branded as promoting hate speech and intolerance.
If this happens, I suppose members will meet in one another’s homes for some semblance of church meetings.

And what will the consequences be to the world for having had the gospel messengers taken from amongst them?
The answer is found in the scriptures. There will be war, famine, pestilence, disease, earthquake, tidal waves, etc.

2. Following the Times of the Gentiles, we will enter what President Kimball termed “The Great Day of the Lamanite.”

This great day will be the time their great conversion as a people and their great “blossoming as a rose.” Up to that time, their conversion and blossoming will have been limited by comparison of what will come.

And thus, will be further fulfillment of Jesus’ words: “Those who are first shall be last, and those who were last shall be first.”

IF this Great Day of the Lamanite lasts anywhere near as long as the Times of the Gentiles, then we are AT THE VERY LEAST 200 years away from the Second Coming.

3. Following this Mission to the House of Israel, and after the Battle of Armageddon and the great Jewish conversion at Christ’s brief appearance at the splitting of the Mount of Olives, will begin the Mission to the Heathen Nations of the world. And who knows how long that mission will last?!

4. Lastly, will be the Final Mission to All of Mankind. This will take place immediately preceding the Second Coming and throughout the Millennium after the Lord’s Second Coming.

In this entire timeline, it is important to realize that our generation is but one link in a chain containing many links. The important thing is that we maintain and fortify our link.

PART II

So what COULD happen in the lifetime of our generation and what does it look like?

A. Prior to the end of the Times of the Gentiles, the United States will have been victorious against Russia and her allies in World War III. As to whether the Solis Cardisto account of this war is an accurate depiction, I cannot say.
But I do think that a ground invasion by Communist forces from around the world, and all the tragedy, suffering and abuse that will come with it, will be part of America’s cleansing.

B. We could see the missionaries called home from the so-called Christian nations, thus actually fulfilling the Times of the Gentiles.

This is when the Lord will begin to preach his own sermon to the world. . . the United States included.
There will be great geologic cataclysms, famine and war that will eventually end all nations.

Speaking specifically to the United States, this is when a massive civil war will break out, causing the entire fall of government on both the state and federal level. However, according to the writings of the modern day apostles and prophets, this will not be a war like unto the first civil war, the North vs. the South. It will be a war of state against state, city against city, neighborhood against neighborhood and family against family.
And it will be tremendously bloody. Perhaps maybe even like unto Book of Mormon depictions wherein the warring peoples left the corpses of the dead upon the open ground to become prey to the worms, birds and beasts.

Do you remember the promise that the Lord made to the brother of Jared regarding the Promised Land?
Well, America is going to more greatly feel the hand of God’s justice. America will be cleansed.

C. But it is not all bad news. The Lord has prepared a place to hide up His People and anyone else who will not take up the sword against their neighbor. It is here in the mountains and valleys of the Rocky Mountains.
But here too we will not be free from grave challenges. According to the modern prophets, it will be near famine if not all out famine conditions there because so many people will have fled to the Mormons to be fed.

Also, it is my opinion that it is during this time of civil war when the Lord’s prophecy from the Book of 3rd Nephi regarding the Lamanite people going “amongst the Gentiles as a lion goes through a flock of sheep” will be fulfilled. For amidst the civil war, its occurrence will be unable to be resisted.

Following this civil war, when the promised land of America has been cleansed, it is my opinion that then is the day when the prophesied great conversion and “blossoming as the rose” for the Lamanite People will go full throttle. Then some time during that period is when the New Jerusalem will be built.

In closing, I encourage the reading of Prophesy, Key To The Future by Duane Crowther.
This book has provided a great deal of the information and opinion that I have shared.

don't forget " judgements begin on my house first saith the Lord"
It begins upon us LDS first,,,, look to the inner vessel, the house of God. As we are the "chosen ones" we will be beaten with many stripes. We are the sheep that the Lamanites will go amongst and tear down and tread asunder.( if we do not repent)
And we as "latter day saints" have already takin up the sword against our neighbor. IE: Germany, Japan, Iraq, Korea, Vietnam, Italy, Syria, Afghanistan various African nations, various nations in South America,,, as one article I read a couple years ago that we are in 70 plus different countries at any given time undermining their sovereignty, taking out kings and queens and leaders and presidents, as if we are God's gift to the world. But lo and behold what if another nation was to come to America and Dethrone our President , we would be up in arms in a second.
Us latter Day Saints also have blood , innocent blood dripping from our hands through abortion and "birth control" ( or what i like to call " the pill" = "abortion control" )of our children.
The gadianton robbers and/ or secret combinations have infiltrated our government to the highest echelons of power and our church as far as I'm concerned. We are lifted up in Pride Above All Nations and we are lifted up in Pride as a church above all churches. So yes judgements begin upon my house first saith the Lord, and we well deserve it.
We are not that " light" shining upon the hill of Zion but have takin and abused terribly the word " Zion "and made gadianton bank robbing Baron Banks out of it , Meaning taking the word Zion which means of one heart and one mind and turned it into a nice attractive business name for many businesses and banks of babylon the great... nothing better than to use religion or the gospel of Jesus Christ for power and gain. again a quote for us:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

now let's be honest and see where any of the above describes us, if at all... poor in spirit, mourn, meek, hunger and thirst, merciful, pure in heart, peacemakers, persecuted, .. hmmmm I think we fits the opposite....

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

PART I

PART II

I assume that the Second Coming would be in 2100, when everyone in this forum is dead.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Stourme wrote: August 27th, 2017, 10:14 am This whole thread is a train wreck. Are you trolling or what?

The pharisees' grand mistake was that they didn't get their understanding from the prophets. Instead they relied on their own understanding and as a result they got everything wrong and ended up crucifying the Son of God.

When you don't study the writings of the prophets, you get this thread.

From LDS.ORG, Teachings of Brigham Young
"The Millennium will be a time of unity, peace, and temple service.
In the Millennium, when the Kingdom of God is established on the earth in power, glory and perfection, and the reign of wickedness that has so long prevailed is subdued, the Saints of God will have the privilege of building their temples, and of entering into them, becoming, as it were, pillars in the temples of God [see Revelation 3:12], and they will officiate for their dead.
"

Officially, this sign has already been given.

Acts 2
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

And the Lord said:

3 Nephi 29
2 And ye may know that the words of the Lord, which have been spoken by the holy prophets, shall all be fulfilled; and ye need not say that the Lord delays his coming unto the children of Israel.

Did you not just see a solar eclipse that marveled the whole earth?

D & C 29
14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;

There are several signs left and none of them are good.

D & C 29
15 And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;
16 And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.

I hope you have your food storage ready. I'm building mine up.

-Stourme

When we see the signs, the Lord is not delaying His coming. Telling people that it won't happen in their life time is evil. We are commanded not to do that. We are commanded to watch for the signs and prepare.

stourme has it down pat, go stormy go..
according to scripture it is going to get so bad that unless God cuts His work short in righteousness there will be no flesh left...
nevertheless He will cut it short ... i suppose short to Him but ages to us...

“There is no safety, only in the arm of Jehovah. None else can deliver, and he will not deliver unless we do prove ourselves faithful to him in the severest trouble. For he that will have his robes washed in the blood of the Lamb must come up through great tribulation even the greatest of all affliction."

John Taylor said: “I heard the Prophet Joseph say, in speaking to the Twelve on one occasion: ‘You will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite as necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham and other men of God, and (said he) God will feel after you, and He will take hold of you and wrench your very heart strings, and if you cannot stand it you will not be fit for an inheritance in the Celestial Kingdom of God.’ … Joseph Smith never had many months of peace after he received the truth, and finally he was murdered in Carthage jail.”
Joseph:
“I know that the cloud will burst, and Satan’s kingdom be laid in ruins, with all his black designs; and that the Saints will come forth like gold seven times tried in the fire, being made perfect through sufferings and temptations, and that the blessings of heaven and earth will be multiplied upon their heads; which may God grant for Christ’s sake.”

“Stand fast, ye Saints of God, hold on a little while longer, and the storm of life will be past, and you will be rewarded by that God whose servants you are, and who will duly appreciate all your toils and afflictions for Christ’s sake and the Gospel’s. Your names will be handed down to posterity as Saints of God.”21

George A. Smith received the following counsel from the Prophet Joseph Smith at a time of great difficulty: “He told me I should never get discouraged, whatever difficulties might surround me. If I was sunk in the lowest pit of Nova Scotia and all the Rocky Mountains piled on top of me, I ought not to be discouraged but hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage and I should come out on the top of the heap at last.”

point being also is that there is hope galore , but not before sacrifice... and self permanent continual cleansing...

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

PART I

PART II

These are interesting theories, I gather this is to encourage us to go out and buy the updated version? That's nice to know they've updated it.

As others have suggested, Temple work will be a vital work which we will be engaged in during the Millenium and since there will be people of different religions (as per Brigham Young) we will be engaged in missionary work. I think we do missionary work even in the next life--it's not something that ends, until after the final judgement, IMO.

I also don't think you or anyone else can say with certainty that the Second coming will not happen in our lifetime--you don't know that. I know a lot of people have their pet prophecies about when it's going to happen. I think we were told that we would not know when it would happen, but to watch and be prepared.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Z2100 wrote: August 27th, 2017, 10:23 am
Are you really only 7? I thought you were 17... :-o

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

kittycat51 wrote: August 27th, 2017, 2:33 pm
Z2100 wrote: August 27th, 2017, 10:23 am
Are you really only 7? I thought you were 17... :-o
I’m not 7 nor 17 :)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Christ is coming some time tomorrow.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 28th, 2017, 3:40 pm I've been trying to find in the scriptures where it states the elders will be called back home and the Lord will preach His own sermon. Can't seem to find it using the online keyword search. Anybody know where this is stated?

The scripture and quotes are all linked here.. viewtopic.php?t=19131#p225844

D&C 88:87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.
88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.
89 For after your testimony cometh
the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.

D&C 90:9 That through your administration they may receive the word, and through their administration the word may go forth unto the ends of the earth, unto the Gentiles first, and then, behold, and lo, they shall turn unto the Jews.

3 Nephi 16:10 And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.

11 And then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them.

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

I am reminded of an old saying which said, "After all is SAID and DONE, more will have been Said than Done"
We are warned to not put your faith in the arm of flesh.
I suspect that certainly includes books by other than Prophets.
I laughed when I saw the name of the author that was in the thread. I recall similar works by that surname and have no interest whatsoever in PAYING to obtain the teachings of man.
I have only been a member for 42 years and only lived 40 years before I joined.I suspect that we are being "taught" by those who have lived much shorter lives than I have and at age 82 I do expect the Lord to return to SAVE the planet from being destroyed.
When you consider what is happening to unborn and children under the age of 8, you have to be totally mindless to think we have not reached the point of the LAST MOMENTS IN TIME.
I seldom see mention that Jesus Christ does NOT know when Heavenly Father shall turn Him loose, but rest assured that Both are in tears at what is happening on earth at this very moment.
To imagine that satan does not intend to obliterate the entire population, if he can, and there are a goodly number willing to help him do it, is simply to silly for adults to perceive.

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

Perhaps some need to consider what is meant by "Elders being called home".
DO you understand WHAT the Lord calls "HOME"?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

From Doctrines of Salvation, Vol 3

SIGNS PRECEDING SECOND COMING

WHEN WILL CHRIST COME?

SECOND COMING WILL BE TOMORROW. I was asked, not long ago, if I could tell when the Lord would come. I answered, Yes; and I answer, Yes, now. I know when he will come. He will come tomorrow. We have his word for it. Let me read it

"Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming." (Now there is a discourse sufficient on tithing.) "For after today cometh the burning — this is speaking after the manner of the Lord -- for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon." 1. 1

So the Lord is coming, I say, tomorrow. Then let us be prepared. Elder Orson F. Whitney used to write about the Saturday Evening of Time. We are living in the Saturday Evening of Time. This is the 6th day now drawing to its close, When the Lord says it is today until his coming, that, I think, is what he has in mind, for he shall come in the morning of the Sabbath, or seventh day of the earth's temporal existence, to inaugurate the millennial reign and to take his rightful place as King of kings and Lord of lords, to rule and reign upon the earth, as it is his right.

Satan has usurped power and authority from the beginning, and men have followed him, but his day is drawing to its close, and the day is dawning for Israel, for Zion, for the universal establishment of truth, when the earth shall be cleansed of all impurity, all wickedness, for when Christ comes that which is wicked cannot remain.

https://ia801305.us.archive.org/6/items ... 3_djvu.txt

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

freedomforall wrote: August 30th, 2017, 6:20 pm From Doctrines of Salvation, Vol 3

SIGNS PRECEDING SECOND COMING

WHEN WILL CHRIST COME?

SECOND COMING WILL BE TOMORROW. I was asked, not long ago, if I could tell when the Lord would come. I answered, Yes; and I answer, Yes, now. I know when he will come. He will come tomorrow. We have his word for it. Let me read it

"Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming." (Now there is a discourse sufficient on tithing.) "For after today cometh the burning — this is speaking after the manner of the Lord -- for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon." 1. 1

So the Lord is coming, I say, tomorrow. Then let us be prepared. Elder Orson F. Whitney used to write about the Saturday Evening of Time. We are living in the Saturday Evening of Time. This is the 6th day now drawing to its close, When the Lord says it is today until his coming, that, I think, is what he has in mind, for he shall come in the morning of the Sabbath, or seventh day of the earth's temporal existence, to inaugurate the millennial reign and to take his rightful place as King of kings and Lord of lords, to rule and reign upon the earth, as it is his right.

Satan has usurped power and authority from the beginning, and men have followed him, but his day is drawing to its close, and the day is dawning for Israel, for Zion, for the universal establishment of truth, when the earth shall be cleansed of all impurity, all wickedness, for when Christ comes that which is wicked cannot remain.

https://ia801305.us.archive.org/6/items ... 3_djvu.txt
I’ve read all three volumes (they were ~enlightening~). But we should be prepared at all times :)