The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen

Post by Sunain »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 1st, 2017, 6:17 pm Wow! You both throw around accusations of "false doctrine" and "apostate doctrine" pretty quickly. (It sounds to me like just a knee jerk response, though.)
Because what you are saying is false doctrine.
Last edited by Sunain on September 1st, 2017, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: The Millennium is the Earth's Sabbath Day

Post by Sunain »

Ezra wrote: September 1st, 2017, 9:46 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: September 1st, 2017, 9:14 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 1st, 2017, 6:42 pm Thus, we still wait for Elias to first come and restore all things, just as Jesus said he would.
Elias has come and gone you wait in vain. Jesus rule the church there is no intermediaries or shadows, only Satan works in shadows.
Can you explain when?
As Space_Out has already said, Elias has already come and gone appearing to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery years ago at the Kirkland Temple. Elias' return has already been fulfilled on April 3rd, 1836, 181 years ago and he committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, meaning all things are restored and revealed during the The Dispensation of the Fullness of times. Elias' always prepare the way.
On April 3, 1836, the keys of the "dispensation of the gospel of Abraham" were committed to the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland Temple as part of the restoration of all things in the dispensation of the fulness of times (D&C 110:12).
http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Gospel_of_Abraham
The Prophet Joseph Smith taught that “when God sends a man into the world to prepare for a greater work, holding the keys of the power of Elias, it was called the doctrine of Elias, even from the early ages of the world” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976], 335–36).
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1999/07/i-ha ... n?lang=eng
We do know that from D&C 110 though that both Elias and Elijah (also an Elias) have returned fulfilling the prophecy in Malachi. Verses 12 to 14 are very specific that Elias and Elijah were two separate visions.

Doctrine and Covenants Section 110
Moses and Elias each appear and commit their keys and dispensations

12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.

13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:

14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachi—testifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come—
Doctrine and Covenants 110:12—Who was Elias? What Keys Did He Bring?
“Elias” is a title given to a messenger who prepares the way ( Bible Dictionary,“Elias,” p. 663). It is not clear who Elias was in Doctrine and Covenants 110.

The keys Elias brought concern the blessings the Lord promised Abraham—which can only be fully received through temple ordinances. Thus, he “committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham” (D&C 110:12).
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and ... e?lang=eng
A man called Elias apparently lived in mortality in the days of Abraham, who committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland (Ohio) Temple on April 3, 1836 (D&C 110:12). We have no specific information as to the details of his mortal life or ministry.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/elias?lang=eng
There were three separate prophets that visited Joseph and Oliver after the Savior in the Kirkland Temple.
After this vision closed, Joseph and Oliver saw three separate visions in which ancient prophets appeared to them to restore priesthood keys necessary for the latter-day work of the Lord. The prophet Moses appeared and committed to them “the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth.” Elias came and committed to them “the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham.” (See D&C 110:11–12.)

Then, in another glorious vision, Joseph and Oliver saw the prophet Elijah (see D&C 110:13–16). The coming of Elijah was so important that the ancient prophet Malachi had prophesied of it centuries earlier, and the Savior had repeated the prophecy to the Nephites (see Malachi 4:5–6; 3 Nephi 25:5–6; 26:1–2). Elijah came to commit to Joseph and Oliver the keys of sealing—the power to bind and validate in the heavens all ordinances performed on the earth. The restoration of the sealing power was necessary to prepare the world for the Savior’s Second Coming, for without it, “the whole earth would be utterly wasted at his coming” (Joseph Smith—History 1:39).
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-jo ... 6?lang=eng
John the Baptist was also an Elias and he brought back the Aaronic Priesthood.
Elias is also a title for one who is a forerunner; for example, John the Baptist, as in JST Matt. 11:13–15, JST Matt. 17:10–14, and JST John 1:20–28 (Appendix). These passages are sufficiently clarified to show that anciently two Eliases were spoken of, one as a preparer and the other a restorer.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/elias?lang=eng
Joseph Smith recorded what happened in answer to their prayer: “While we were thus employed, praying and calling upon the Lord, a messenger from heaven descended in a cloud of light, and having laid his hands upon us, he ordained us, saying: Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah, I confer the Priesthood of Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels, and of the gospel of repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall never be taken again from the earth until the sons of Levi do offer again an offering unto the Lord in righteousness.

“He said this Aaronic Priesthood had not the power of laying on hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost, but that this should be conferred on us hereafter. …

“The messenger who visited us on this occasion and conferred this Priesthood upon us, said that his name was John, the same that is called John the Baptist in the New Testament, and that he acted under the direction of Peter, James and John, who held the keys of the Priesthood of Melchizedek, which Priesthood, he said, would in due time be conferred on us” (Joseph Smith—History 1:68–70, 72).
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-jo ... 6?lang=eng
But we also specifically know that John the Baptist is not the Elias that would restore all things.
When the priests and Levites asked John the Baptist whether he was the Elias who was prophesied to come and restore all things, he replied:

“I am not that Elias who was to restore all things. And they asked him, saying, Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No” (JST, John 1:22, Bible appendix).
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1999/07/i-ha ... n?lang=eng

awar_e
captain of 100

Re: The Second Coming Is Not Happening In Our Lifetime. . . But What COULD Happen

Post by awar_e »

Sunain wrote: September 1st, 2017, 4:04 pm I will say this one last time, you are contradicting what the Prophets and Apostles have taught us about the millennial work. The links to the Prophets and Apostles discussing this work is completely opposite to what your opinion is. You are welcome to have your opinion but telling people that your opinion it is fact or it is going happen is false doctrine. You won't convince me or other here that your opinion is right because of what the Prophets and Apostles have taught us. I want to make this clear to all those that read this thread.

President Ballard - June 2017: https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 18#p803807 - LDS.org Reference Link
Gospel Principles: https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 70#p803801 - LDS.org Reference Link
New Era - June 2014: https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 30#p803857 - LDS.org Reference Link
True to the Faith - 2004: https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 30#p803867 - LDS.org Reference Link

At least I am not alone seeing false teachings being called truth.
Quotes on the subject from other Apostles and Prophets: https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 30#p804118

Ezekiel
captain of 100

Post by Ezekiel »

Ok folks here it is! So I guess the scriptures - including the D&C - are false doctrine! Nothing matters unless it's written in the church manuals. We don't need to ever begin to consider that anything new could come forth...or read and study our scriptures. We don't need the Articles of Faith either; God won't ever have the need to reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God because we already have the church manuals!! Oh, how great is our Rameumptum altar of manuals. None shall stand before us!!!

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Ezekiel wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 2:49 pm Ok folks here it is! So I guess the scriptures - including the D&C - are false doctrine! Nothing matters unless it's written in the church manuals. We don't need to ever begin to consider that anything new could come forth...or read and study our scriptures. We don't need the Articles of Faith either; God won't ever have the need to reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God because we already have the church manuals!! Oh, how great is our Rameumptum altar of manuals. None shall stand before us!!!
I just posted a ton of links from LDS.org and D&C 110. I seriously don't understand you're spitefulness towards church manuals. They are authorized manuals for the teaching and preaching of the gospel. They contain the words of the scripture along with the words of modern day apostles and prophets. We are told to stick to the manuals and not veer off into speculation or opinion when teaching lessons from them so we are teaching correct doctrine.

With a name like LDS Anarchist, it is very clear what your intentions are on this forum. To be disruptive in any manner you can, especially trying to confuse people with false doctrine. These are the tactics that the exmormon and opponents of the church use.

It is also very unfortunate that others here on the forum are not speaking up against your opinions. Only Spaced_Out has done so. I have posted direct links to the scriptures, manuals and teachings of prophets and apostles on LDS.org. All you guys are posting are your own opinions on a verses and quotes.

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 60#p804452
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:31 pm
Sunain wrote: September 1st, 2017, 9:49 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 1st, 2017, 6:17 pm Wow! You both throw around accusations of "false doctrine" and "apostate doctrine" pretty quickly. (It sounds to me like just a knee jerk response, though.)
Because what you are saying is false doctrine.
No, it's not.
Yes it is. When you're opinion does not match what the apostles and prophets teach, that is false doctrine. Both of you need to step back and realize that what you are not inline with what the church teaches about modern day revelation through prophets and apostles who have the keys and authority to do so. They are Prophets, Seers and revelators, ordained to carry out those callings here on the Earth during the Dispensation of the Fullness of times.
Last edited by Sunain on September 2nd, 2017, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:28 pm
Q: When will the earth rest? A: During the Millennium.
And it came to pass that Enoch looked upon the earth; and he heard a voice from the bowels thereof, saying: Wo, wo is me, the mother of men; I am pained, I am weary, because of the wickedness of my children. When shall I rest, and be cleansed from the filthiness which is gone forth out of me? When will my Creator sanctify me, that I may rest, and righteousness for a season abide upon my face?
As I posted in a previous post it is a rest from wickedness - that is what the scripture is saying. The earth will be changed back to a terrestrial state, and the spirit of the earth will be able to rest. Nothing to do with man resting. If you read the creation carefully there where 6 creative periods where things were created spiritually then in the 7th period the physical creation and Adam and Eve crated and placed in the earth. Likewise the second coming will occur within the 7,000y period.

Your definition of rest is way out of line with scripture, teachings of the prophets and general handbooks of instruction ie. false doctrine.

Doing temple work is a righteous work and will allow the spirit of the earth to rest for a season till at the end of Millennium wickedness will come again and will be the final battle with Satan and his hosts.
Last edited by Spaced_Out on September 2nd, 2017, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:28 pm
Spaced_Out, you wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote: September 1st, 2017, 9:12 pm Yes the LDS will be set up among the gentiles who will eventually reject the gospel, the the missionary work will be taken from them, then the gentiles will be punish by God for wickedness. - it has no reference to the kingdom of God on earth.

The LDS church (Kingdom of God on earth) will never fail the stone cut without hands will continue till Jesus Comes. The kingdom is indeed given to another group the Jews the 'husbandmen" rejected Jesus and according to prophecy - Ephraim was then given the rule till Jesus come.
Again, I will quote the same scripture. Notice the part in bold red type:
And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. And they said among themselves, Shall this man think that he alone can spoil this great kingdom? And they were angry with him. But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they learned that the multitude took him for a prophet. And now his disciples came to him, and Jesus said unto them, Marvel ye at the words of the parable which I spake unto them? Verily, I say unto you, I am the stone, and those wicked ones reject me. I am the head of the corner. These Jews shall fall upon me, and shall be broken. And the kingdom of God shall be taken from them, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof; (meaning the Gentiles.) Wherefore, on whomsoever this stone shall fall, it shall grind him to powder. And when the Lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, he will destroy those miserable, wicked men, and will let again his vineyard unto other husbandmen, even in the last days, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons. And then understood they the parable which he spake unto them, that the Gentiles should be destroyed also, when the Lord should descend out of heaven to reign in his vineyard, which is the earth and the inhabitants thereof. (JST Matthew 21:47-56)
So, no, you are incorrect. This scripture explicitly states that Jesus had reference to the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is taken from the Jews and is given to the Gentiles. Then the Gentiles (who have the kingdom of God) become miserable, wicked men, and so the kingdom of God is taken from the Gentiles and is given to other husbandmen. The kingdom of God goes from Israel, to the Gentiles, and then back to the Israel again (this time permanently) and the Gentiles become destroyed. In other words, there are no more Gentiles after that, only Israel will exist from that point on. The Gentiles are destroyed because they get the kingdom of God and then commit spiritual suicide.

3Nephi10:10 And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.
11 And then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them.
12 And I will show unto thee, O house of Israel, that the Gentiles shall not have power over you; but I will remember my covenant unto you, O house of Israel, and ye shall come unto the knowledge of the fulness of my gospel.
13 But if the Gentiles will repent and return unto me, saith the Father, behold they shall be numbered among my people, O house of Israel.

Very simple that scripture is referring to when the gentile nation/s where the gospels will be established become wicked and persecute the church and reject the saints from among them then the gospel will be taken from them (missionaries withdrawn) and the preaching will be focused on the literal descendants of the house of Israel.
D&C88 says the same thing the missionaries will be withdrawn from the wicked nations and then judgement will come but the saints will be spared, later Zion is built and the 10 lost tribes will return to receive their blessings from Ephraim. Ephraim rules and has the greater blessings till Jesus comes, to think otherwise is apostate doctrine and needs to be corrected.

D&C88:84 Therefore, tarry ye, and labor diligently, that you may be perfected in your ministry to go forth among the Gentiles for the last time, as many as the mouth of the Lord shall name, to bind up the law and seal up the testimony, and to prepare the saints for the hour of judgment which is to come;
85 That their souls may escape the wrath of God, the desolation of abomination which awaits the wicked, both in this world and in the world to come. Verily, I say unto you, let those who are not the first elders continue in the vineyard until the mouth of the Lord shall call them, for their time is not yet come; their garments are not clean from the blood of this generation.
86 Abide ye in the liberty wherewith ye are made free; entangle not yourselves in sin, but let your hands be clean, until the Lord comes.
87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.
88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.
89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.

Doctrine and Covenants 133:34 Behold, this is the ablessing of the beverlasting God upon the ctribes of dIsrael, and the richer blessing upon the head of eEphraim and his fellows.

26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.
27 And an highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep.
28 Their enemies shall become a prey unto them,
29 And in the barren deserts there shall come forth pools of living water; and the parched ground shall no longer be a thirsty land.
30 And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants.
31 And the boundaries of the everlasting hills shall tremble at their presence.
32 And there shall they fall down and be crowned with glory, even in Zion, by the hands of the servants of the Lord, even the children of Ephraim.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 5:15 pm
is what "the preparing of the way before the time of his coming" consists of:
Q. What are we to understand by the sounding of the trumpets, mentioned in the 8th chapter of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that as God made the world in six days, and on the seventh day he finished his work, and sanctified it, and also formed man out of the dust of the earth, even so, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years will the Lord God sanctify the earth, and complete the salvation of man, and judge all things, and shall redeem all things, except that which he hath not put into his power, when he shall have sealed all things, unto the end of all things; and the sounding of the trumpets of the seven angels are the preparing and finishing of his work, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years—the preparing of the way before the time of his coming. (D&C 77:12)
All of that stuff must happen before Christ comes back. That is the plain meaning of the text. Now, that's my interpretation. My interpretation is the plain meaning the text. Now, what is your interpretation of that verse?

I am not a new member. I am a very old member. If you want to engage intelligently, then engage the topic on hand. What is the meaning of the verse in your view? If you still avoid the verse and continue to just quote other people, then you just come off as a novice. So, show me how I am wrong in this verse. Not by quoting other people's opinions of what will happen in the future, but by showing me what the true understanding of this verse is. The ball is in your court.
Very simple " turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers"
Doctrine and Covenants 110:15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse—

How is that done by family history not by an angle coming down and doing billions of baptisms and endowments in behalf of the dead - how would that turn the fathers to children and visa versa.

John 14:12-13; 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

What greater works than Jesus are to be done, it is the work for the dead, and who is to do it?? simple the members of the church.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 5:33 pm
Q. What are we to understand by the sounding of the trumpets, mentioned in the 8th chapter of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that as God made the world in six days, and on the seventh day he finished his work, and sanctified it, and also formed man out of the dust of the earth, even so, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years will the Lord God sanctify the earth, and complete the salvation of man, and judge all things, and shall redeem all things, except that which he hath not put into his power, when he shall have sealed all things, unto the end of all things; and the sounding of the trumpets of the seven angels are the preparing and finishing of his work, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years—the preparing of the way before the time of his coming. (D&C 77:12)
All of that stuff must happen before Christ comes back. That is the plain meaning of the text. Now, that's my interpretation. My interpretation is the plain meaning the text. Now, what is your interpretation of that verse?

I am not a new member. I am a very old member. If you want to engage intelligently, then engage the topic on hand. What is the meaning of the verse in your view? If you still avoid the verse and continue to just quote other people, then you just come off as a novice. So, show me how I am wrong in this verse. Not by quoting other people's opinions of what will happen in the future, but by showing me what the true understanding of this verse is. The ball is in your court.
To 'redeem and seal all things' in that verse does not mean the work will be complete. It simply means that the requirements for the earth to be changed into a terrestrial state will have been met. By undergoing the atonement and Resurrection the scriptures also teach that all things have been fulfilled. One can't simple take a single scriptures apply a personal interpretation that contradicts many other scriptures and the teachings of the general authorities of the church and general handbook of instructions etc.. and then claim a new doctrine, it has to be read in context.

The work will not be finished at the second coming there is still the rest of the millennium to sort out many problems and do the temple work then there is the final battle with Satan and his angles even people living during the millennium that will go against the Master. Then the final day of judgement. What would be the purpose of the Millennium, why not just celstrialise the earth at his coming and make it the day of final judgement - because the work is not finished.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:28 pm So, no, you are incorrect. This scripture explicitly states that Jesus had reference to the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is taken from the Jews and is given to the Gentiles. Then the Gentiles (who have the kingdom of God) become miserable, wicked men, and so the kingdom of God is taken from the Gentiles and is given to other husbandmen. The kingdom of God goes from Israel, to the Gentiles, and then back to the Israel again (this time permanently) and the Gentiles become destroyed. In other words, there are no more Gentiles after that, only Israel will exist from that point on. The Gentiles are destroyed because they get the kingdom of God and then commit spiritual suicide.
How does this apply in regards to the Josephite? Does Israel include the converted Mormons when he has the keys?

Ezekiel
captain of 100

Post by Ezekiel »

Sunain wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:54 pm
Ezekiel wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 2:49 pm Ok folks here it is! So I guess the scriptures - including the D&C - are false doctrine! Nothing matters unless it's written in the church manuals. We don't need to ever begin to consider that anything new could come forth...or read and study our scriptures. We don't need the Articles of Faith either; God won't ever have the need to reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God because we already have the church manuals!! Oh, how great is our Rameumptum altar of manuals. None shall stand before us!!!
I just posted a ton of links from LDS.org and D&C 110. I seriously don't understand you're spitefulness towards church manuals. They are authorized manuals for the teaching and preaching of the gospel. They contain the words of the scripture along with the words of modern day apostles and prophets. We are told to stick to the manuals and not veer off into speculation or opinion when teaching lessons from them so we are teaching correct doctrine.

With a name like LDS Anarchist, it is very clear what your intentions are on this forum. To be disruptive in any manner you can, especially trying to confuse people with false doctrine. These are the tactics that the exmormon and opponents of the church use.

It is also very unfortunate that others here on the forum are not speaking up against your opinions. Only Spaced_Out has done so. I have posted direct links to the scriptures, manuals and teachings of prophets and apostles on LDS.org. All you guys are posting are your own opinions on a verses and quotes.

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 60#p804452
My name is Ezekiel.

I am not here to break up the church. I am not here to spew apostate crap. I am here to do the exact opposite. I am simply trying to explain that there are more exciting things in the scriptures than most people think. Nothing I have mentioned is apostate or false. I am going strictly by the scriptures given to us. LDS Anarchist is doing the exact same thing as me - and at this time to a fuller degree.

Here is my advice to you my brother/sister. Have peace and wait and see. Let God work his curious and strange works.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Jonesy1982 wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 6:20 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:28 pm So, no, you are incorrect. This scripture explicitly states that Jesus had reference to the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is taken from the Jews and is given to the Gentiles. Then the Gentiles (who have the kingdom of God) become miserable, wicked men, and so the kingdom of God is taken from the Gentiles and is given to other husbandmen. The kingdom of God goes from Israel, to the Gentiles, and then back to the Israel again (this time permanently) and the Gentiles become destroyed. In other words, there are no more Gentiles after that, only Israel will exist from that point on. The Gentiles are destroyed because they get the kingdom of God and then commit spiritual suicide.
How does this apply in regards to the Josephite? Does Israel include the converted Mormons when he has the keys?
Agreed..
The scriptures are clear that there will be heathen nations on the earth at the start of the Millennium as well as every person who is able to live a terrestrial or celestial law. I have quoted some of the scriptures before, some more scriptures and teachings of a Prophet of God. All the gentiles will be destroyed is not true, and has no scriptural bases.
Joseph Fielding Smith

When the reign of Jesus Christ comes during the millennium, only those who have lived the telestial law will be removed. The earth will be cleansed of all its corruption and wickedness. Those who have lived virtuous lives, who have been honest in their dealings with their fellow man and have endeavored to do good to the best of their understanding, shall remain. (Doctrines of Salvation, 3:62)

When the Millennium is ushered in the earth is to pass through a cleansing. This will not be the final cleansing when the earth shall be consumed and pass away to be renewed again a celestial globe, but it will be the end of unrighteousness. 'All who have lived the telestial law -- that is those who are unclean, "they who are liars, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie" and who suffer the wrath of God on earth and "suffer the vengeance of eternal fire" -- shall be swept off from the face of the earth. All of these will be cast down to hell where they shall remain until Christ shall have subdued all enemies under his feet, and shall have perfected his work. During the thousand years all of these will be in this torment of mind, having ample time to reflect over their misdeeds and receive training in obedience to law, so that they may be prepared to come forth in the resurrection at the end of the world.

It will be impossible for the people of this class to remain on the earth during the Millennium, for they would be as much out of their element as a fish out of water. The changed condition of the earth, which will be of a terrestrial order during this thousand years, will be suited to the capacity of those of the terrestrial world as well as those who have kept the celestial law, and they shall have part in the first resurrection. "And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed, and they that knew no law shall have part in the first resurrection, "And it shall be tolerable for them." (D.C. 45:54.) But with those of the telestial order, this will not be so. These are they who are as stubble who shall be consumed when Christ comes, according to the words of Malachi. (4:1.) It is of this class the Lord speaks when he says:

"For the hour is nigh and the day soon at hand when the earth is ripe and all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, saith the Lord of Hosts, that wickedness shall not be upon the earth;

"For the hour is nigh, and that which was spoken by mine apostles must be fulfilled; for as they spoke so shall it come to pass;

"For I will reveal myself from heaven with power and great glory, with all the hosts thereof, and dwell in righteousness with men on earth a thousand years, and the wicked shall not stand." (D.C. 29:9-11) [The Way to Perfection, pp.302-303]

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Ezekiel wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 6:21 pm My name is Ezekiel.

I am not here to break up the church. I am not here to spew apostate crap. I am here to do the exact opposite. I am simply trying to explain that there are more exciting things in the scriptures than most people think. Nothing I have mentioned is apostate or false. I am going strictly by the scriptures given to us. LDS Anarchist is doing the exact same thing as me - and at this time to a fuller degree.

Here is my advice to you my brother/sister. Have peace and wait and see. Let God work his curious and strange works.
My honest personal opinion is that it is looking beyond the mark and inventing things that don't exist and in the process it is an attack against the LDS church saying manuals are wrong, scripture headings are wrong, teaching of the prophets are contradictory and wrong. Then getting very upset due to being challenged but have no issue with pointing fingers at the prophets and teachings of the church saying the Church will be destroyed due to wickedness etc... It is very hypocritical..

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

"There may be men that will know within a year-that will have revelation to say within one or two years when the Lord shall appear. I do not know that there is anything against this.

"But the great question is, brethren and sisters, Are we ready?-are we perfect enough for this day? Are we honest enough? and are we filled with integrity enough to be ready for the Saviour and his holy angels? Is there a sufficiency of union? Have we that firmness in our minds that we can stand in their presence-that we can look them in the eye and say that all is right?" (Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, 8: 49 - 50.)

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

The second coming is so much closer than people realize

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 5:33 pm

Very simple " turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers"
Doctrine and Covenants 110:15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse—

How is that done by family history not by an angle coming down and doing billions of baptisms and endowments in behalf of the dead - how would that turn the fathers to children and visa versa. Sorry, but did you mean angel?

John 14:12-13; 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

What greater works than Jesus are to be done, it is the work for the dead, and who is to do it?? simple the members of the church.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

But What COULD Happen?

Rev. 16:9 (9, 11, 21)
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

D&C 29
14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;
15 And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;
16 And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.
17 And it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.
18 Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;
19 And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;
20 And it shall come to pass that the beasts of the forest and the fowls of the air shall devour them up.
21 And the great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall be cast down by devouring fire, according as it is spoken by the mouth of Ezekiel the prophet, who spoke of these things, which have not come to pass but surely must, as I live, for abominations shall not reign.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

freedomforall wrote: September 5th, 2017, 2:13 am Sorry, but did you mean angel?
Actually both it is a different angle to an angel doing the work.... (-|

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

freedomforall wrote: September 5th, 2017, 2:35 am But What COULD Happen?

D&C 29:14-21
Personally i don't give two hoots about the second coming - there is so much to happen before then. The cleansing and building of Zion the return of the lost tribes, construction of Temple in Jerusalem many wars and plagues - earthquakes, storms, meteorite bombardment (hail stones) etc.. that will completely change the face of the earth.

By the time the second coming happens if one is not in Zion or a camp of safety, you have gone apostate so will not be looking forward to the second coming. Either way the start of the tribulations is what counts and what we should be looking for - the scriptures say it comes as a whirlwind but there are many signs given in the scriptures and writing of the general authorities so we can know when the fig leaf is starting to bud.....
Personally I see the buds growing into leaves or perhaps I am deceived but ether way I am physically ready and by the time the tribulations are in full swing will ether have repented or gone astray time will tell how we stack up in the tribulations.

Utah get ready for the big earthquake...............which is likely the start of the tribulations.... If you are in Florida it is coming next weekend.
EARTHQUAKE SWARM NOW AT 96 TEMBLORS: Experts say residents should be prepared for worst-case 7.0 magnitude quake
http://idahostatejournal.com/news/local ... ec6d0.html

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 5th, 2017, 6:00 am
freedomforall wrote: September 5th, 2017, 2:35 am But What COULD Happen?

D&C 29:14-21
Personally i don't give two hoots about the second coming - there is so much to happen before then. The cleansing and building of Zion the return of the lost tribes, construction of Temple in Jerusalem many wars and plagues - earthquakes, storms, meteorite bombardment (hail stones) etc.. that will completely change the face of the earth.

By the time the second coming happens if one is not in Zion or a camp of safety, you have gone apostate so will not be looking forward to the second coming. Either way the start of the tribulations is what counts and what we should be looking for - the scriptures say it comes as a whirlwind but there are many signs given in the scriptures and writing of the general authorities so we can know when the fig leaf is starting to bud.....
Personally I see the buds growing into leaves or perhaps I am deceived but ether way I am physically ready and by the time the tribulations are in full swing will ether have repented or gone astray time will tell how we stack up in the tribulations.

Utah get ready for the big earthquake...............which is likely the start of the tribulations.... If you are in Florida IDAHO? it is coming next weekend.
EARTHQUAKE SWARM NOW AT 96 TEMBLORS: Experts say residents should be prepared for worst-case 7.0 magnitude quake
http://idahostatejournal.com/news/local ... ec6d0.html

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Ask yourself what was unique about the times of Noah and once we are advanced enough to replicate that then you can expect the return of Jesus.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

What we imagine Noah's era looked like:

What is more likely:

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Fiannan wrote: September 5th, 2017, 10:12 am What we imagine Noah's era looked like:

What is more likely:

Interesting. They would’ve been pretty advanced if there were over 4.8 billion peoples on Earth (“The First 2000 Years” by Cleon Skousen)

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Interesting. They would’ve been pretty advanced if there were over 4.8 billion peoples on Earth (“The First 2000 Years” by Cleon Skousen)
And all your scientists would have had lifespans in the hundreds of years. Note that Genesis 4:22 says they used iron. Modern anthropologist place iron coming into being 930BC. Interesting as iron use pre-dated Noah by who knows how many years, if we believe the Bible. And if they had that technology then who is to say they had not had their own industrial revolution long before Noah. And this does not take into account the weird stuff in Jasher and Enoch.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Fiannan wrote: September 5th, 2017, 11:25 am
And all your scientists would have had lifespans in the hundreds of years. Note that Genesis 4:22 says they used iron. Modern anthropologist place iron coming into being 930BC. Interesting as iron use pre-dated Noah by who knows how many years, if we believe the Bible. And if they had that technology then who is to say they had not had their own industrial revolution long before Noah. And this does not take into account the weird stuff in Jasher and Enoch.
The approximate time between the Fall of Man and the Great Flood was about 1656/1600 years. I'm sure Adam was taught how to work iron after he left the Garden of Eden. It would seem to be that even from Adam's children, the first Industrial Revolution could've been less than 100 years after the Fall of Man. With 4.8 Billion people on the Earth during the ante-diluvian epoch and technology we have today, then why would Noah build a WOODEN ark and not one of iron or steel. Or why can't we find remains of cities deep in the ground?