Home Sales to Desperate Measures, Lightning Fast

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Home Sales to Desperate Measures, Lightning Fast

Post by Silver »

I was reading another article on home sales trends on ZH and dropped down to the comments section where a faithful reader can often find some golden nuggets. I wasn't disappointed. There's so much here (edited for language):

adr Aug 24, 2017 10:36 AM
Plus property taxes keep climbing. My town tried a new 8% tax hike levy for the "children" *cough* pensions.

It failed outright the first time. They had an override vote, it failed. They tried a second override and it failed again. They then ran a third override during a major vacation week and it passed by less than 100 votes.

I'm angry. Never once did they try to reduce the amount they were asking for or remove things like the obnoxious $120k pay raises for administrators. They were going to keep having override votes until it passed. Now my property taxes go up 8% after going up 20% in the past three years. When is it ever enough?

I can't say no to paying since taxes don't work that way. I'm thinking I go to the school superintendent's house and go shopping. I need a new fridge and a new couch. Considering the chump makes $325k a year, he probably has some pretty nice stuff.

You want to steal from me to give yourself a pay raise. You're actually lucky I don't slit your throat. I'd have no problem burning his house to the ground. It is coming to that. For someone who makes $325k for doing maybe one hour of work a day, telling me I must part with more of my money to support his kind is insane. The system is broken and will never be put back to anything resembling normal.

I welcome the new civil war. The garbage pile needs to be cleared.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Home Sales to Desperate Measures, Lightning Fast

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: August 24th, 2017, 8:45 am I was reading another article on home sales trends on ZH and dropped down to the comments section where a faithful reader can often find some golden nuggets. I wasn't disappointed. There's so much here (edited for language):

Plus property taxes keep climbing. My town tried a new 8% tax hike levy for the "children" *cough* pensions.

It failed outright the first time. They had an override vote, it failed. They tried a second override and it failed again. They then ran a third override during a major vacation week and it passed by less than 100 votes.

I'm angry. Never once did they try to reduce the amount they were asking for or remove things like the obnoxious $120k pay raises for administrators. They were going to keep having override votes until it passed. Now my property taxes go up 8% after going up 20% in the past three years. When is it ever enough?

I can't say no to paying since taxes don't work that way. I'm thinking I go to the school superintendent's house and go shopping. I need a new fridge and a new couch. Considering the chump makes $325k a year, he probably has some pretty nice stuff.

You want to steal from me to give yourself a pay raise. You're actually lucky I don't slit your throat. I'd have no problem burning his house to the ground. It is coming to that. For someone who makes $325k for doing maybe one hour of work a day, telling me I must part with more of my money to support his kind is insane. The system is broken and will never be put back to anything resembling normal.

haha I was just reading that comment.... and this is the censored version! Man, folks are livid. This year my property taxes nearly doubled and my home owners insurance tried to jack up rates by 40%. Yes, 40%!!! I managed to drop my insurance to only a 20% increase by switching insurance providers, but there's less luck with my property taxes. For all the increases, they still won't plow the snow on our street or build the elementary school down the road that they've been promising for half a decade. I'm beginning to think maybe this poster was right - maybe it's all just going to pensions and salary increases.

Too bad my salary doesn't increase at the same pace, nor am I guaranteed a retirement.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Isaiah 3:14-15

14 The Lord will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.

15 What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor? saith the Lord God of hosts.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Boulder Spares Mixers ... The council decided that cocktail mixers should be exempt ... Why exempt mixers from a tax on sugar sweetened beverages (SSBs)?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 24th, 2017, 10:49 am Boulder Spares Mixers ... The council decided that cocktail mixers should be exempt ... Why exempt mixers from a tax on sugar sweetened beverages (SSBs)?
Why? You ask "why?" It's because our overlords know what's best for us serfs.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Civil War?

Ha. Call it what it is. Murder, sstealing and anarchy.The OP has jealousy and covets someone elses property to the point he openly lusts for blood. Killing the superintendent will not reduce taxes. The super is hired by the locally elected school board. Did the op vote? Did he campaign for a canadite who shares his views? Does he engage others with reason and debate? If not he is a lazy fool who has let the devil get his heart.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

tribrac wrote: August 24th, 2017, 3:21 pm Civil War?

Ha. Call it what it is. Murder, sstealing and anarchy.The OP has jealousy and covets someone elses property to the point he openly lusts for blood. Killing the superintendent will not reduce taxes. The super is hired by the locally elected school board. Did the op vote? Did he campaign for a canadite who shares his views? Does he engage others with reason and debate? If not he is a lazy fool who has let the devil get his heart.
I can't speak for the guy, but it seems more as if his civil war is not intended to simply lead to the death of the superintendent. Rather, it would end the system of taxation without representation. Tree of liberty needing watering might be closer.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

$325k for a school administrator!!?? That is absurd, but that's the swamp.
dc

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Silver wrote: August 24th, 2017, 3:31 pmI can't speak for the guy, but it seems more as if his civil war is not intended to simply lead to the death of the superintendent. Rather, it would end the system of taxation without representation. Tree of liberty needing watering might be closer.
I missed the part where the school board, or his local government was selected rather elected.

Representation does not mean you get things your way every time. Nor does not getting your way mean you are not represented.

Americans as a whole are ill-informed and under-involved in local government. At the same time they have developed into a pack of spoiled children who stand and scream or hold their breath anytime they do not get their way. The only watering of the so called liberty tree here is frothing from the mouths of idiots.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

tribrac wrote: August 24th, 2017, 4:42 pm
Silver wrote: August 24th, 2017, 3:31 pmI can't speak for the guy, but it seems more as if his civil war is not intended to simply lead to the death of the superintendent. Rather, it would end the system of taxation without representation. Tree of liberty needing watering might be closer.
I missed the part where the school board, or his local government was selected rather elected.

Representation does not mean you get things your way every time. Nor does not getting your way mean you are not represented.

Americans as a whole are ill-informed and under-involved in local government. At the same time they have developed into a pack of spoiled children who stand and scream or hold their breath anytime they do not get their way. The only watering of the so called liberty tree here is frothing from the mouths of idiots.
You're right, people should be more involved, but that still doesn't give the crooks in govt the right to rob everyone. Unrighteous dominion is wrong regardless of how active an individual is in local government.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

iWriteStuff wrote: August 24th, 2017, 8:59 am
Silver wrote: August 24th, 2017, 8:45 am I was reading another article on home sales trends on ZH and dropped down to the comments section where a faithful reader can often find some golden nuggets. I wasn't disappointed. There's so much here (edited for language):

haha I was just reading that comment.... and this is the censored version! Man, folks are livid. This year my property taxes nearly doubled and my home owners insurance tried to jack up rates by 40%. Yes, 40%!!! I managed to drop my insurance to only a 20% increase by switching insurance providers, but there's less luck with my property taxes. For all the increases, they still won't plow the snow on our street or build the elementary school down the road that they've been promising for half a decade. I'm beginning to think maybe this poster was right - maybe it's all just going to pensions and salary increases.

Too bad my salary doesn't increase at the same pace, nor am I guaranteed a retirement.
Property taxes should be abolished. You should be apportioned taxes strictly on your fair share of services coming from the municipality/county you live in, period full stop. It should be called a service tax.

I don't hear any discussion of this idea.

Then there's the whole topic of CAFRs (Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports, showing the real assets of a local/State governmental entity).

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Rensai wrote: August 24th, 2017, 6:01 pm You're right, people should be more involved, but that still doesn't give the crooks in govt the right to rob everyone. Unrighteous dominion is wrong regardless of how active an individual is in local government.

Actually, the people in government do have the right to levy taxes. Changing the words to derogatory slang doesn't change that. Utah State laws prohibit local governments from keeping large rainy days funds, so the money they collect they are spending. Which services should the local government cut in your town? Water Quality? Road Repair? Emergency Services? Parks? Police? Flood Control?

In my experience, for every person who complains the government is doing too much their is atleast one person complaining the government doesn't do enough.

Did you know that in the early days of the Utah territory every man was compelled by the government to work 1-week on the roads. Rich people could pay for another man do it his share, poor people had to show up and perform physical labor. Was that unrighteous dominion?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

tribrac wrote: August 24th, 2017, 8:51 pm
Rensai wrote: August 24th, 2017, 6:01 pm You're right, people should be more involved, but that still doesn't give the crooks in govt the right to rob everyone. Unrighteous dominion is wrong regardless of how active an individual is in local government.

Actually, the people in government do have the right to levy taxes. Changing the words to derogatory slang doesn't change that. Utah State laws prohibit local governments from keeping large rainy days funds, so the money they collect they are spending. Which services should the local government cut in your town? Water Quality? Road Repair? Emergency Services? Parks? Police? Flood Control?

In my experience, for every person who complains the government is doing too much their is atleast one person complaining the government doesn't do enough.

Did you know that in the early days of the Utah territory every man was compelled by the government to work 1-week on the roads. Rich people could pay for another man do it his share, poor people had to show up and perform physical labor. Was that unrighteous dominion?
In other words, people get the government they deserve. However, the government has some advantages over "we, the people." Usually, the government can spend money in greater quantities than the average citizen to win a propaganda war, or even a real war. With the power to tax, and the high likelihood to be "influenced" by special interests, the rights of the individual are superseded on a regular basis. Much government abuse occurs through apathy of those who are governed, no doubt. However, Lord Acton was right about the corruption that results from holding the reins of power.

And let's not forget the power of politicians, or of their appointees, to select the school curriculum.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

tribrac wrote: August 24th, 2017, 8:51 pmActually, the people in government do have the right to levy taxes.
I refute the idea that the people in government have the right to levy taxes. They have a right to govern that is delegated to them from the governed. If, at any time, the governed decide that the governors have over reached, the people have the right to remove that government and replace it with another.
Preamble to the U.S. Declaration of Independence, 1776 wrote:We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

The State of Utah has laws against large rainy day funds? For a people who preach staying out of debt and having a years worth of savings that seems odd.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

The answer to your question is yes. You seem to be confusing what is right and what is legal. Go read H. Verlan Anderson's book, many are called, but few are chosen, sometime. Here's a snippet about it.
H Verlan Andersen wrote: DO YOU KNOW WHY MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN?

The following questions and answers relate to some of the topics treated in the book, Many Are
Called But Few Are Chosen, written by Elder H. Verlan Andersen.

Question: What is the most important revelation ever received?
Answer: According to David O. McKay, Section 121 of the Doctrine and Covenants is “the
greatest revelation that God has ever given to man.”

Question: What does D&C 121 contain which entitles it to this position of pre-eminence
in which our prophet has placed it?
Answer: Among other things it discusses the conditions a man must comply with in order to
exercise the power of the priesthood in the hereafter. It also enumerates certain faults and
weaknesses which will cause one to forfeit his Priesthood.

Question: What are these faults and weaknesses?
Answer: While several are mentioned, the revelation indicates that there is one fatal weakness
which is so common among men that because thereof, only a “few” of the “many” ordained to the Priesthood in this life will be permitted to retain it in the next. Verse 37 says:
…when we undertake to…exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the
children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness,…Amen to the priesthood or the authority of
that man.
Then verses 39 and 40 contain this terrible tragic truth:
…it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as
they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion. Hence many are
called but few are chosen.

Question: If almost all of us are going to lose our priesthood because we undertake “to
exercise control or dominion or compulsion,” unrighteously, what is it we are doing
which condemns us?
Answer: There are only four situations where force or compulsion is intentionally used by one
person upon another. They are:

1. When one commits or resists a criminal act.
2. When parents discipline children.
3. In sports, play or athletic contests.
4. Through the agency of government.

While each person must examine his own life to determine wherein he might be using force
against his fellow man for improper purposes, the following comments should help pinpoint the
real problem.

1. Relatively few men are involved in crimes of violence and therefore it is unlikely that this is the activity which condemns the majority.
2. While a person might be a brute in his own home, it would seem that parental affection
would be strong enough to rule out this possibility in most cases.
3. Since those who engage in sporting or athletic events do so voluntarily and therefore
consent to the force used, this activity would not likely qualify as unrighteous dominion.
4. This leaves government as the force most likely abused. The following questions
consider why this might be so.

Question: Is government an instrument of force or compulsion?
Answer: (a) The only means by which government can act is by using force and the threat of
force. It can act legally only in accordance with a law authorizing the act; but every law either
commands or forbids certain human conduct and in each case the law contains a penalty which
directs the officers of government to take either the life, liberty, or property of any who disobey.
This is the very essence of compulsion.
(b) Every person should clearly understand this fundamental fact about government: The only
reason we ever adopt a law is to compel those people to obey it who would not do so unless
threatened with a loss of life, liberty, or property.
(c) Government has an exclusive monopoly on the use of force in that it is the only
organization legally authorized to compel people against their will. Unless we desire to use force, we do not use government. If we want only voluntary cooperation, we use a church, a club, a lodge, or some other non-compulsory organization. The only ones who join such groups are those who want to. The only ones who pay dues and obey the rules are those who do so of their own free will and choice. It is only when we want to compel those people to join, pay dues, and obey the rules who would not do so unless threatened with physical violence, that we resort to the use of government and law.

Question: Am I, as an individual, morally responsible for the force used by my
government?
Answer: (a) In a nation of self-governing people such as ours, there is no other place to rest the
blame for what government does, except on the individual citizen.
(b) While the officers of government must bear their fair share of the blame for what they do as
officers, in the final analysis they are merely the agents or servants of the voters. As long as they are carrying out our wishes, we are just as responsible for the force they use as if we were using it ourselves, we are the ones who have the power to elect and defeat. We are the ones who pass judgment on candidates, platforms, and issues.
(c) LDS scriptures indicate that the individual is accountable to God for his actions in the field
of government: “WE BELIEVE THAT GOVERNMENTS WERE INSTITUTED OF GOD FOR
THE BENEFIT OF MAN; AND THAT HE HOLDS MEN ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR
ACTS IN RELATION TO THEM, BOTH IN MAKING LAWS AND ADMINISTERING
THEM, FOR THE GOOD AND SAFETY OF SOCIETY,” D&C 134:1

Question: Assuming that God holds us accountable for any force used by our government
of which we approve, is it reasonable to believe that “almost all men” might be losing
their priesthood by abusing this power which God has placed in our hands?
Answer: There are literally thousands of laws on both the state and federal level for the citizen
to pass judgment on. It seems very likely that “almost all” of us would support some laws which
would constitute unrighteous dominion unless we were very careful. This seems especially true inview of the fact that “it is the nature and disposition of almost all men” to abuse any power given them.

Question: is not the Lord expecting too much in requiring us to distinguish with precision
between those laws which preserve freedom and those which destroy it?
Answer: It is no more difficult to distinguish between good and bad “group action” than to
distinguish between good and bad individual action because the test is the same in both cases.
D&C 134:4, 5 tell us that the civil magistrate should never violate freedom of conscience. This is an application of the Golden Rule which we use to judge individual action. It provides, in effect, that we should never favor a law which would take from another any freedom which we would desire for ourselves. Since every person loves his freedom and knows exactly what will injure or destroy it, this knowledge enables him to know exactly what he should not do to his neighbor either through government or otherwise. In applying the “Golden Rule” test we might ask ourselves such questions as these:

1. Remembering that I am individually accountable for the force used under any
law which I favor, would it violate my conscience to enact this law myself and then personally
punish my neighbors if they disobeyed it?

2. If I had violated this law, would my conscience tell me I had done evil?

3. Remembering that every law either compels or restrains a person against his will, I should place myself in the position of the one against whom the law will be enforced and ask
if I would consider it fair to have my own freedom of action restrained in the manner required by
the law.

Question: why would the Lord deprive a man of his priesthood because of false political
beliefs and practices?
Answer: Because when we abandon the principles of freedom contained in the Constitution, we
reject Christ’s plan to preserve freedom (D&C 101:77, 78), and substitute in place thereof Satan’s plan to destroy freedom. It will be recalled that in the pre-earth life, Satan proposed a plan of compulsion to destroy the agency of man on this earth. The Lord divided us up on the basis of whether we accepted or rejected that plan. However since almost all of us who rejected that plan are still inclined to exercise unrighteous dominion when given the opportunity, it was necessary that Satan be allowed to continue to tempt us to accept it here in order that we might completely overcome this weakness. D&C Sec. 121 tells us that if, at the end of this life, we are still inclined to use Satan’s methods, the Lord will not be able to entrust us with His Priesthood power in the hereafter.

Question: what is Satan’s plan to destroy the agency of man on this earth?
Answer: While Satan is continually tempting us to commit crimes and thus destroy freedom on
an individual basis, his master plan is to induce us to use government, the supreme physical force in society, for this purpose. Each time Christ establishes an organization here on earth, Satan tries to control it for his own purposes. Time after time he has induced men to corrupt, not only Christ’s Church, but also Christ’s form of government. According to the scriptures, Satan’s great objective is to seize control of government through secret combinations. This is the greatest wickedness of all in the sight of God. (Ether 8:18; 3 Ne. 9:9) In our day, our prophet has told us that this secret combination is known as Communism. He has called it “the greatest satanical threat…on the face of the earth,” and has stated that the “entire concept and philosophy of Communism is diametrically opposed to everything for which the Church stands,” He has also told us that if we lend aid, encouragement or sympathy to any of these false philosophies, they will prove snares to our feet. (Era, June, 1966, pp. 477, 580) The Book of Mormon prophets predicted that the same satanic threat which destroyed them would come among us and they advised us to awaken to a sense of our awful situation when this happened. (Ether 8:24) Since communism is completely evil, one must conclude that if he accepts any part of this satanic plan to destroy freedom he is to this same extent exercising unrighteous dominion through government and is thereby disqualifying himself to exercise his priesthood in the next life. He will be one of the “many” who was called but not chosen. Probably the most accurate statement of Satan’s program to corrupt the Lord’s form of government and establish Communism in place thereof is contained in the “COMMUNIST MANIFESTO.” It expresses the central aim of Communism in these words: “…the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: abolition of private property.” Thus while the Lord would use the police power to protect the right of private property, Satan would corrupt government and use it to destroy this same right which is the basis of individual freedom. His plan to corrupt is also found in the MANIFESTO and consists of a 10-point political platform which, if adopted, will completely destroy private property. Those ten points are as follows:

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with state
capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into
cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a
common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for
agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the
distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the
country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of child factory labor in its
present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

tribrac wrote: August 24th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Our school superintendent is chosen, not elected.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Who choses the superintendent?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

tribrac wrote: August 29th, 2017, 9:09 am Who choses the superintendent?
The school board.

Now, if you can guess right and elect the right school board, who you know will guess right and elect the right superintendent, please call me, as I could really use some stock and betting tips...

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

What was your platform the last time you ran for school board?

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

I have participated enough in politics to learn the system is rigged against anyone wanting more freedom.

I try to educate everyone I can, personally, and through the internet. But you soon realize it is an uphill battle. After all, government controls the education/propaganda system. Even so-called conservatives want to spend money - just on different programs. You would think anyone conservative would be for demolishing the socialist public school system.

People naturally want less effort and less responsibility. Offer them freebies and they'll generally go for them. Of course, gov't is robbing them blind while offering handouts, but they don't get it. My cows have more awareness of what's going on.

The media is also in on it - anyone questioning the system is shown as an extremist and a hater of children or old people or certain races or whatever. If you question the sup't $350,000 salary, of course you hate children.

I estimate that fewer than 5% of the population know what's going on. If you're one of those, good luck fighting the system and overcoming human nature.

Our gov't was founded as a means to protect our rights, but its purpose is now to extract as much money as possible and give it to someone else. After convincing us how we can't survive without the "help".

And fortunately, we are very productive, thanks to technology and machinery. So we can have much stolen and still be pretty well off - another reason few complain. And if things did get very bad, they would just complain the gov't wasn't doing enough, instead of questioning government and taking more personal responsibility.

So I don't think much will change. Only way to avoid being robbed is to avoid society as much as possible.

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

tribrac wrote: September 13th, 2017, 5:47 pm What was your platform the last time you ran for school board?
I assume by your question you believe public schools should exist. And if they exist, money must be extracted from the people by force.

So you're saying the only way to teach a kid is by taking money using guns.

That doesn't sound like freedom to me. BTW, this is a freedom forum. Not sure why some people come here when they support government taking money for anything other than protecting our rights.

My wife taught in public school a few years until she couldn't take it. Schools exist to spend money. Millions on buses, school breakfast and lunch programs, useless curriculum, administrator salaries, big buildings, etc, etc. She saw $200,000 spent in her district on an art curriculum that wasn't used. It is a total scam.

Not to mention cramming 25 kids in a class with one adult, so 24 other adults can play or work and ignore their kids. And the 25 kids are on different levels so half are bored and half are lost. Little individual attention. Very little time spent actually learning while doing crowd control.

Complete joke, but then I'm told I hate children.

Bring back the one room schoolhouse in the neighborhoods. You could hire a teacher for a fraction of what we spend on public schools. Let kids work at their level, and the older ones could help teach the younger. You don't really know something until you teach it.

We are considering this in our shop we recently built. Only problem is its hard to compete with "free" public schools. For some reason we are not allowed to take our guns and get funding for our school.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

No, in this thread I have never raised the question of whether or not public schools should exist, that is an entirely different question. The fact of the matter is they do exist. I was and still am critical of the OP who was so upset that an elected body had decided to pay an employee a certain amount of money, which caused the op to covet and dream of stealing and robbing the employees personal property for his own gain. Civil societies, and civil people have means and ways to correct wrongs that do not include theft. If like the OP you are advocating violence then I will also call you out. Your sig line quotes Ghandi, would Ghandi break into the Superintendent's house to steal? No, he is a wonderful example of non-violent change.

If as you say only 5% of the people "get it" then you have a field ripe with potential recruits. Now go out and win support for your ideas with logic, reason and persuasion.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

tribrac wrote: September 15th, 2017, 9:37 am
If as you say only 5% of the people "get it" then you have a field ripe with potential recruits. Now go out and win support for your ideas with logic, reason and persuasion.
The problem is, most people aren't motivated by "logic, reason and persuasion," they are motivated by the natural man "more stuff, less work." When you try to get them see logic, reason and persuasion, they usually turn even more reactionary.

I honestly don't know why most people have kids today. Oh, wait. They aren't having many anymore. Put it on your calendar folks, Demographic Winter Hits around 2024 and lasts for the foreseeable future. A silver lining? We won't need as many public schools or administrators. ;)

(Please don't mistake my acknowledging the lower birth and fertility rates with support for such a mistaken trend. I believe the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth is in full force and ignoring such will bring about the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.)

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

My town of 310,000 people has 875 acres of parks that were created by taxes. We have a tremendous need for school buildings. They're overpopulated by at least 25%. They recently raised taxes for schools and I imagine another one is coming. They came up short of money in the last couple months to build anew high school. So in spite of all this, guess what they're building instead of a new school? Another freaking park. We have more trails, parks, and outdoor appurtenances than I've ever seen, yet the city won't spend money on schools. It's ridiculous.