Lost 116 Pages Found

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
oklds
captain of 100

Re: Lost 116 Pages Found

Post by oklds »

But, even if they are, I don't need $35 million badly enough to have to stand in front of Almighty God someday and explain how I spent the money....

Hezekiah
captain of 10

Post by Hezekiah »

oklds wrote: September 21st, 2017, 5:27 am But, even if they are, I don't need $35 million badly enough to have to stand in front of Almighty God someday and explain how I spent the money....
What if the answer was as simple as "sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor"? Seems a pretty good use of $35M.

But personally I'd read the 116 pages first.

FWIW the wifey says the general population of the church would probably reject the 116 pages or any new scripture the church released. I said I hope that's not true.

Grudunza
captain of 50

Post by Grudunza »

oklds wrote: September 21st, 2017, 5:27 am But, even if they are, I don't need $35 million badly enough to have to stand in front of Almighty God someday and explain how I spent the money....
What if you spend it wisely, per the parable of the 35 million talents?
:lol:

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Grudunza wrote: September 21st, 2017, 8:32 am
You mean like spending it at Deseret Book? That would probably get you half a Christus statue. 8-)

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

So nobody made any copies of any of this stuff? Just in case the documents happened to get accidentally destroyed. Or in case the documents were "accidentaly" destoryed. Or nefariously "lost".
Everybody and their dog has a cell phone with a camera. Or, you can buy a cell phone at the grocery store for $9.99 that has a camera on it, and nobody took even a single picture of any of it?
Huh.

Grudunza
captain of 50

Post by Grudunza »

Hezekiah wrote: September 21st, 2017, 8:32 am FWIW the wifey says the general population of the church would probably reject the 116 pages or any new scripture the church released. I said I hope that's not true.
Speculation here, but I think the opposite. I feel like the general membership would LOVE something like this. Sure, GC talks are considered a type of scripture in a sense to many, but this would be *scripture,* restored and revealed again after thought to be lost for 190 years. And really, it should cover some of the same ground as Nephi, so I don’t know why members would reject it. There might be some textual analysis issues that critics would point out, but that’s the same with the existing BoM. Hasn’t stopped most believers from believing.

But I think something like this could be galvanizing and re-energizing to the Church. If shown to be authentic, of course.

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

iWriteStuff wrote: September 21st, 2017, 8:36 am
Grudunza wrote: September 21st, 2017, 8:32 am
You mean like spending it at Deseret Book? That would probably get you half a Christus statue. 8-)
You know, that's actually not a bad idea. There's a lot of people like me that maybe don't have the money for even some essentials. If I ever did come up with a bunch of money, though, that would be one of the projects I'd work on: making sure everyone that needed Temple garments got them, no matter what! I wonder if those folks would allow people to donate to one of those "Got a penny, leave a penny; Need a penny, take a penny" jars they could put on the counter for people like that? Seriously, anybody know any bigshots at Deseret Books they could run that one by?

FYI, if you wanna know the true meaning of broke: I had a hard time buying my Wife's Temple garments for her to get her Endowment. So, I know how much these papers are/were worth, and I know what a bunch of money would do for me...

...and I know how much it was worth to me to spend my own money to buy the things we needed to worship the Lord, even when we don't have it to spend.

OTOH, for you bazillionaires out there, you missed my birthday! Again! Red is my favorite color in Ferarris...

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

oklds wrote: September 21st, 2017, 8:54 am There's a lot of people like me that maybe don't have the money for even some essentials.
You may be aware of the Temple Patron Assistance fund, which enables those who cannot afford the expenses required to attend a temple to receive (<soapbox>not "take out"</soapbox>) their own ordinances, as perhaps the only time they may attend a temple during their lives.

BTW, I also commend your integrity and look forward to what may come of these documents; I have no vested interest, just a thirst for light and truth.

HappyCamper8
captain of 50

Post by HappyCamper8 »

oklds wrote: September 15th, 2017, 11:50 am
investigator wrote: August 24th, 2017, 7:42 am https://www.preparingapeople.com/copy-of-events

These folks are claiming Dan Judd, a decendant of Joseph Smith, inherited the 116 pages. See link
I have a facebook page with all of this data freely available. No one seems to want to go there to check this out before they lump me in with these 'foil-hat-people' and tell a pack of lies about me, but here it is anyway: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MORMONBOX/
Hmmm, a little bit of a red flag would be this statement. It appears the facebook page with the data which is freely available is a closed group. I'm pretty sure plenty want to go there and check it out, but it's closed...

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

ParticleMan wrote: September 21st, 2017, 9:28 am
oklds wrote: September 21st, 2017, 8:54 am There's a lot of people like me that maybe don't have the money for even some essentials.
You may be aware of the Temple Patron Assistance fund, which enables those who cannot afford the expenses required to attend a temple to receive (<soapbox>not "take out"</soapbox>) their own ordinances, as perhaps the only time they may attend a temple during their lives.

BTW, I also commend your integrity and look forward to what may come of these documents; I have no vested interest, just a thirst for light and truth.
No, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks very much! You made my day!

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

HappyCamper8 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 10:59 am
oklds wrote: September 15th, 2017, 11:50 am
investigator wrote: August 24th, 2017, 7:42 am https://www.preparingapeople.com/copy-of-events

These folks are claiming Dan Judd, a decendant of Joseph Smith, inherited the 116 pages. See link
I have a facebook page with all of this data freely available. No one seems to want to go there to check this out before they lump me in with these 'foil-hat-people' and tell a pack of lies about me, but here it is anyway: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MORMONBOX/
Hmmm, a little bit of a red flag would be this statement. It appears the facebook page with the data which is freely available is a closed group. I'm pretty sure plenty want to go there and check it out, but it's closed...
Actually, it's real simple. Here's the intro:

[+QUOTE}
The "Mormon Box" and what I know or have heard about it. None of this is lies, but it's certainly not all true. I have given my opinion as to the veracity of some parts of it, but even that is only an opinion.

Likewise the genealogy, in my opinion, is suspect. Tying to hook me up to notable ancestry sounds an awful lot like, "Making the suspect fit the crime."

Only a few rules:

1. Do not ask to join this group if you are not on my friend's list. Likewise if you are a member of ldsavow. I've had enough advice from the 'foil-hat' crowd to last a lifetime.

2. Do not tell me what you think those pages contain or what I should do with them. I don't know and neither do you. There are only 15 men who can make that decision. I am not one, and neither are you.

3. Do not ask me to let you view, read or copy these pages or maps. That ain't gonna happen.

GROUP TYPE
Family
[-QUOTE]

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

FTC wrote: September 21st, 2017, 8:45 am So nobody made any copies of any of this stuff? Just in case the documents happened to get accidentally destroyed. Or in case the documents were "accidentaly" destoryed. Or nefariously "lost".
Everybody and their dog has a cell phone with a camera. Or, you can buy a cell phone at the grocery store for $9.99 that has a camera on it, and nobody took even a single picture of any of it?
Huh.
I am neither qualified nor willing to handle 189 year old papers of this magnitude just for the gratification of having pictures.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

papers from the 1820's, which MIGHT be important. My ancestors seemed to think so, but I refuse to even handle them enough to verify
Last edited by Love on December 12th, 2017, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

oklds wrote: September 16th, 2017, 5:20 am
Bpalmer wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 6:53 pm If any of you know Bruce Porter, he is the man behind the idea that the Book of Mormon history took place here in the land of the United States. My Brother is in his ward and they talk regularly. Anyway, Bruce told him this week that the lost 116 pages have been found and the church is preparing an announcement in the coming weeks. My first reaction was, I'll believe it when I see it.

Brother Porter is connected with the church history department and is given regular assignments to investigate church history related events and material. He is credible.

Has anyone heard anything of this finding and can verify if its true or false?
I have those papers. I offered them to the Church a couple of years ago. Bruce Porter has never contacted me in any way, but I do wish people would stop bashing him with bogus innuendo; I doubt he even knows who I am.
I was just wondering if there was any update? Was the papers turned over to the Church? If so, have you heard back? I have been fascinated with your story.

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

kittycat51 wrote: October 13th, 2017, 9:50 am
Bpalmer wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 6:53 pm If any of you know Bruce Porter, he is the man behind the idea that the Book of Mormon history took place here in the land of the United States. My Brother is in his ward and they talk regularly. Anyway, Bruce told him this week that the lost 116 pages have been found and the church is preparing an announcement in the coming weeks. My first reaction was, I'll believe it when I see it.

Brother Porter is connected with the church history department and is given regular assignments to investigate church history related events and material. He is credible.

I have those papers. I offered them to the Church a couple of years ago. Bruce Porter has never contacted me in any way, but I do wish people would stop bashing him with bogus innuendo; I doubt he even knows who I am.
I was just wondering if there was any update? Was the papers turned over to the Church? If so, have you heard back? I have been fascinated with your story.
I didn't know you knew me or anything about this. Do I know you? My email is [email protected] or you can PM me. Dan

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

inho wrote: September 21st, 2017, 1:34 am
oklds wrote: September 20th, 2017, 11:08 am
Grudunza wrote: September 20th, 2017, 10:54 am
oklds wrote: September 20th, 2017, 10:47 am BTW, who is "Christopher Nemelka"? Another version of this Hoffmann trash?
He created his version of the 116 pages, as well as the Sealed Portion, specifically as an exercise in deceit, to show that it could be done.
http://thesealedportion.com/tsp/index.htm
Are you telling me he did this just to prove he could lie better than anyone else?
That is exactly what Nemelka did. He wrote the Sealed Portion, but also 116 pages. If I remember correctly, his 116 pages were just a thinly veiled attack on the church. He tried to portrate the priests in Jerusalem in Lehi's day as apostates at the same time adding similarities to the LDS church leaders today.
“I set about in my own mischievous and arrogant way, of which I’m not proud of now, to prove that a person could actually write scripture and present it to people who were looking for certain scripture,” Nemelka said.

https://www.cityweekly.net/utah/true-be ... id=2129125
See also: Chris Nemelka Admitted He Wrote, Not TRANSLATED, Sealed Portion
And yet these rectalites who don't even know me at all put stock in these two dirtbags hoffman and nemelka?

Grudunza
captain of 50

Post by Grudunza »

Thankfully, Nemelka only ever had a pretty small following. He was very sketchy about a lot of things, apparently. Same with Hoffman, of course, on that latter point, but sadly he did fool a lot of people with his forgeries.

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

Grudunza wrote: October 14th, 2017, 1:03 am Thankfully, Nemelka only ever had a pretty small following. He was very sketchy about a lot of things, apparently. Same with Hoffman, of course, on that latter point, but sadly he did fool a lot of people with his forgeries.
I never even heard of them before May of this year. You lifers all think everyone should know about these things. It's amazing how much us new guys don't know. LOL I was asked to speak at a conference where every question made me look a little stupider than the last one...

Seriously, I think the big difference is that I don't have anything to sell; those papers were not mine anyway, except in a legal sense. Well, that and the fact that they're both scumbags, from what I've read. I considered myself to be in possession of stolen property, to be returned to their rightful owners; what they do with them is their business, not mine or anyone else's. If Almighty God wants me to have $35 million, He'll work that out some other way. Maybe I'll write a book, "LDS for Dummies", to tell new converts about all the stupid things they can getaway with 'cause they're new:

> The steak center almost never does...

> A lot of Church members don't know who Alice Cooper is, or where she goes to Church...

> When one of your Missionaries says, "We came out together" That doesn't mean...well, you know...

> That clear liquid they pass out during Sacrament meeting is NOT gin, even though it's served in shot glasses...

> Ever sat out in the parking lot waiting for Church to start, eating a breakfast Mac and drinking coffee? I did that on Fast Sonday, no less...

> When someone asks you if there are donuts in that bag you just brought to Sacrament meeting, that guy is called "The Bishop", and no, he's not mad just because you didn't bring enough for everybody...

I could probably think of couple hundred more if I took the time. Then I'd have something to sell. :)

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

The 116 pages don’t exist. Lucy Harris destroyed them. The Lord knew this would happen thousands of years before it happened and so had Mormon include the small plates which compensated for the missing 116 pages.

Forget about the 116 pages - they’re gone!

Grudunza
captain of 50

Post by Grudunza »

The 116 pages don’t exist. Lucy Harris destroyed them. The Lord knew this would happen thousands of years before it happened and so had Mormon include the small plates which compensated for the missing 116 pages.

Forget about the 116 pages - they’re gone!
That was said by one person, but another person said she gave them to a friend; a doctor I believe. They could still exist. They needed to be replaced, though, regardless, so that could explain the redundancy. And actually, if you’re going by D&C, then the Lord specifically says they *weren’t* destroyed (at least, not at the time), but kept to be used for deception.

I suppose Dan might be one of the few people who really knows, if they indeed do exist (I consider that a big “if,” but acknowledge the possibility). And if so, hopefully we’ll all get to take a gander before long.

Btw, funny stuff, Dan!
Last edited by Grudunza on October 14th, 2017, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

oklds wrote: October 13th, 2017, 10:26 pm
kittycat51 wrote: October 13th, 2017, 9:50 am

I didn't know you knew me or anything about this. Do I know you? My email is [email protected] or you can PM me. Dan
LOL oh heavens no, I don't know you. My only information is from reading this thread. :D

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

Silver wrote: August 24th, 2017, 7:53 am

There's going to be a conference on the "Book of Lehi." Details at the link above. Look who's on the list of speakers. And who's not.

Preparing A People Conference - Orem, Utah
"Preparing to Receive More of the Book of Mormon
Sat 9 September 2017 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
UVU Special Event Center, Orem-UT.

This is an All-day Conference held at the Utah Valley Convention center featuring LDS Speakers, Music, & Video Testimonies.

Speakers include: Dan Judd, Shawn Littlebear, Chad Daybell, Hector Sosa Jr., Pamela Romney Openshaw & more.
No, one of the speakers was NOT Dan Judd. These two idiots told a pack of lies about me to boost their ticket sales, and I refused to go along with it. The sad thing is, if they had stuck to the truth, it would have been a really neat conference, IMO.

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

iWriteStuff wrote: August 24th, 2017, 7:59 am

I see.... and for a mere $25/ticket, I too can listen to him tell all about the 116 pages that supposedly the Smith family lost nearly 200 years ago? Not to mention I can meet Chad Daybell and Hector Sosa, notorious NDE and Julie Rowe fans?

Something doesn't smell right.
That smell is the smell of bulls--t. I refused to speak at their conference, since they were adding a pack of lies to their advertisements, "To sell more tickets". You won't hear about the 116 or anything else from me. PERIOD.

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

kenssurplus wrote: September 16th, 2017, 1:39 pm oklds, Just from reading this thread and seeing your experiences, I would have to say this looks like a shark feeding frenzy. Though I don't know you at all, I still feel a bit concerned that there is more than a potential to get burned, become hardened or resentful, bitter, etc. when dealing with any of this. I just don't want you to get so fed up with it all that you throw your hands up exclaiming, "well if that is the way LDS's act and treat each other, then I don't want to be a part of it" and leave. We are all weak and subject to error.

I do feel that you will likely (if not already) have serious trials because the devil wants to turn this into a circus that will try to discredit, tarnish and if possible destroy the work of God. I hope you are strong enough that you will not let hell nor high water keep you from staying the good person God knows you are.

May God give you his peace and help.
No problem. I don't scare easy, and I don't embarrass at all.

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

brlenox wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 11:12 pm

If this originates truly from Bruce Porter, then you can take it to the bank as fact. However, I cannot verify that he is the source and so that certainly mitigates credibility. Still Bruce is an excellent educator of strong spiritual capacity.
Would someone please tell me who Bruce Porter is? Is that the Apostle that died back in December? I thought it was, but people are saying they're gonna email him now. How could any of these people contact him now? Must be another Bruce Porter. Can anyone explain? Right now I'm getting data from people who think I should already know all this stuff. Sorta like the blind leading the stupid...