Isn't it funny?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Isn't it funny?

Post by Silver »

Isn't it funny how fat people in America want to make undernourished people in North Korea starve to death? Please, we're telling them, just go ahead and die. You're commies and your lives don't matter. You must have done something wrong in pre-mortal life to have ended up in a country like North Korea. Therefore, we're going to sanction you and your miserable family until you just die. Resistance is futile. Our Tangerine can beat up your Lil Kim so just shut up and die.

https://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/
Good and fat_oh yes we are.png
Good and fat_oh yes we are.png (8.49 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Not only are Americans fat, they just sit around and decide that other people should starve.
inactivity.png
inactivity.png (146.65 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Isn't it funny?

Post by Silver »

Yup.jpg
Yup.jpg (62.78 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Sanctions.jpg
Sanctions.jpg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

We can do things the Gadianton way, or we can do things the Lord's way.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1998/06/our- ... s?lang=eng

Our Brothers’ Keepers
Thomas S. Monson
By President Thomas S. Monson
First Counselor in the First Presidency

Adapted from an address given in Salt Lake City to Rotary International on 20 November 1997

From New York City to North Korea, the Church quietly reaches out in welfare efforts that aid millions of the suffering and needy.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

people of walmart.jpg
people of walmart.jpg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
North Korean Agriculture.jpg
North Korean Agriculture.jpg (14.16 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Wow, for once I have to agree with much of what Silver says here. Although it is being reported that things like obesity are reducing US lifespan and saving corporations billions of dollars.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Obesity is also bad for the environment as it takes a lot more fuel to transport people today than if they were on average the same weight structure as people in 1970.

It also takes a lot of food production to grow those waistlines.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I don't think you guys should just jump on this as America, the villain. This is not true. Go do some research. You can verify what I'm about to say.

Have you looked up how many years the U.S. has been donating food to North Korea? We've been giving food to North Korea for a long time. You can read about it as far back as you want. And it's consistent. And we've tried to get them to work things out for over 20 years. You can find threads of people talking about serving in military when we donated food even. And there's even years where they declined the food.

You will also find a lot of research about their starving children all over the place for years. And guess what? They were still starving when we donated food and money to their country. I mean after we donated they were still starving. Why is that? Because their own leaders took the good parts for themselves. None of what we give them goes to the needy, it only goes to their elites because its not handed directly to the needy when it gets there. It goes to some groups receiving it, who claim first dibs. This kind of historical pattern also existed in Ethiopia and Somalia. I remember years ago my 4th grade teacher telling me if he could he'd send a barrel of rice over to Ethiopia to save starving people but it wouldn't do any good because those in power would steal it and take it first; so how would he help the good and not the bad instead. So it wouldn't go to the needy and that problem had to be worked out first. This pattern is verified in a lot of countries where food shortages occurred, and will yet occur.

Then there is the fact that DPRK or North Korea sends tens of thousands of migrant workers all over the world to work for cheap labor to bring in money. Kuwait alone recently was quoted as having under 10,000 N. Korean workers...(I can't remember if it was 6,000 or 9,000.) Does that money go to their families? No. Do they get any for themselves for doing the work? No. It all goes to nuclear weapons research. Every red cent.

So, take it with a grain of salt. We can keep sending food and doing these other things that we've been doing, but there's a need of a regime change for the people to have their suffering ended.

Also look at the South Korean point of view. You know they live in constant fear? They all know that some day the North is going to cross the border to kill their children and rape their women. South Koreans have a military system where ALL the males serve for approximately 2 years after high school. (I'm not quoting the exact figure to the T.) Why do they do that? They live in fear of invasion constantly by either DPRK, China, or both.

Then some guys come up with some slick propaganda about why we're the aggressors...when people are just trying to keep South Korean and Japan free.

Did you know over 30% of South Korea is Christian? (I'd seen older sites claiming it to be as high as 40% but recent ones quote around 30.) Considering what part of the world that is, that is absolutely a miracle! China = less than 1% Christianity. Japan is about 1% and we've got temples there even. The capital of Mongolia is quoted as seriously low too, and they are supposedly a very kind people. The miracle of the gospel in South Korea being 30% Christian is exactly that...a miracle. Now do you see why Satan is stirring up that backwater peninsula? it's because he wants to snuff out Christianity in the region. And nowhere near it has that many Christians. (You kind of wonder why there are so many christians there. Although I hope more of that figure does become LDS.) This is why this is really happening. Look at all the Arab countries too. They are snuffing out Christianity. Iraq news reports recently quoted the killing of Christians in Iraq to be so bad that Christianity was basically done there...permanently, and wouldn't have the chance to recover. Those sites quoting we started the wars with the muslims...they have been killing Christians for over 1500 years. Historical facts of how many christians killed keeping the muslims from pushing them out of Europe over the last 1500 years are staggering. There's somewhere that quotes this and I forget how many hundred million the death toll was at last.

Consider these facts related to what's really going on; Satan wants to snuff out Christianity. This is related to what's going on in the Korean peninsula.

http://www1.cbn.com/churchandministry/1 ... c-struggle
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/maga ... -east.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7y2LRcf4kc

I am surprised by how many people have jumped on the band wagon that we're the aggressor (not all from this site but I've seen it on other sites.) We're not perfect. We should still repent because repentance is beautiful. Do we need to repent a bit? Yeah, I think so...even badly so; but the threat that we would be nuked within days as a promise from North Korea isn't something we started. The constant fear of South Koreans being the real victims, and not the aggressors is real. They came up with that on their own. They are bragging about killing people with threats that are a bit too specific. You can ignore it if the schoolyard bully says he'll punch you in the nose. But if he's saying I'm coming to your house within a week to burn it down and with a specific date, a specific weapon, and very specific promises that's a bit hard to ignore; that's starting to resemble a contract more than a threat.

Why is he so confident? That's what's disturbing.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gardener4life wrote: August 11th, 2017, 9:34 am I don't think you guys should just jump on this as America, the villain. This is not true. Go do some research. You can verify what I'm about to say.
The sole reason North Korea still exists as a country is due to support from her immediate neighbors, mostly China, but also Russia. True or false?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

No, it isn't funny;

Obesity runs in my family, it's the only thing that runs in my family. Except on my first day of school, I ran after the school bus, I thought it was a giant Twinkie.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Political leaders in North Korea (and other oppressive countries) starve their own citizens. Dumbed down Americans think we can just head over there with our food and personally deliver it to the starving citizens solving their issues and saving their country with some meals. That simply will NOT work. The rulers will not allow it. Other dumbed down Americans think we should just leave it as is and let political leaders of other countries rule and reign their citizens with oppressive terror and do nothing about it. And some dumbed down Americans believe both.
Last edited by shadow on August 11th, 2017, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Isn't it funny how so little of America's foreign policy for the past 60 years has worked and yet there are still flag-bearers here who cheer on another immoral and unconstitutional attack on a weak and tiny country. Warmongers to the core.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Eddie, Have you considered why obesity runs in your family? List the foods and drinks your family regularly consumes.
eddie wrote: August 11th, 2017, 10:10 am No, it isn't funny;

Obesity runs in my family, it's the only thing that runs in my family. Except on my first day of school, I ran after the school bus, I thought it was a giant Twinkie.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Elizabeth wrote: August 11th, 2017, 10:31 am Eddie, Have you considered why obesity runs in your family? List the foods and drinks your family regularly consumes.
eddie wrote: August 11th, 2017, 10:10 am No, it isn't funny;

Worth saving.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Fiannan wrote: August 11th, 2017, 8:21 am Obesity is also bad for the environment as it takes a lot more fuel to transport people today than if they were on average the same weight structure as people in 1970.

It also takes a lot of food production to grow those waistlines.
Most of our food is pasteurized because of the fear of germs. So most of our food is dead and that kills off the metabolism. If we could actually buy regular food that wasn't boiled to an extreme temperature, we might be a little healthier. As for me, I bought a juicer for $30 and have been replacing desserts by making fresh apple and mandarin juice for my family. It really has helped give me more energy to exercise. You can't exercise if you are too lethargic and fatigued. We need those live sugars to give us some energy.

I would say a lot to blame is the regulation that makes it nearly impossible to sell or buy healthy food. Someone got sick one time and ruined it for everyone else. And now everyone is sick. Am I the only one who cannot stand all of the regulation? It makes working nearly impossible, so our livelihoods are locked into doing something for the 8 people who own 80 percent of the wealth.

I don't think you can even legally give tomatoes from your garden to your neighbor these days, for more reasons than one. In some places front yard gardens are illegal because they are "ugly". Heaven forbid someone take care of a rooster and wake up the neighbors. Send in the city council and shut it down.

Regulation has booted us out of work, exercise, and health in many ways.

Then there is the thought police. Can I knowingly send my son to ride his bike around the block without worrying about the neighbors calling cps on me?

Better keep him inside on the video games. Better yet, send him to an institution to be desked for 6 hours during the day and another 4 hours of homework after he gets home.

Do you see what I mean? We have painted ourselves into a corner. Forget about the right to happiness, we are lucky if we have a right to dig a hole in the backyard and die. Better call the authorities and make sure it is "safe".

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 9:53 am
gardener4life wrote: August 11th, 2017, 9:34 am I don't think you guys should just jump on this as America, the villain. This is not true. Go do some research. You can verify what I'm about to say.
The sole reason North Korea still exists as a country is due to support from her immediate neighbors, mostly China, but also Russia. True or false?
I guess you're not going to respond. Are you willing to kill Chinese people, too. You understand that attacking North Korea will mean that America will have to kill Chinese people, too, doncha?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-1 ... ime-change

China Warns Trump: "We Will Prevent A North Korea Regime Change"

by Tyler Durden
Aug 11, 2017 7:41 AM

In a troubling repudiation of President Donald Trump’s demands that Beijing do more to rein in its bellicose neighbor, Beijing, through the state-owned media, cautioned the US president on Friday that it would intervene (militarily) on North Korea’s behalf if the US and South Korea launch a preemptive strike to “overthrow the North Korean regime,” according to a statement in the influential state-run newspaper Global Times.

"If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so," it said.

At the same time, the Chinese regime made it clear that its preferred outcome would be a continuation of the status quo, warning Kim Jong Un that it would "remain neutral if North Korea were to strike first." The article, cited by Rueters, reiterated calls for a diplomatic solution. However, the possibility of talks between the two sides was looking increasingly remote as both Trump and Kim continued to exchange threats of nuclear annihilation, with Trump clarifying Thursday that his earlier promise to respond with “fire and fury” should the North continue to threaten the US may not have gone far enough.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Are you aware that during WW2 the U.S. facilitated nuclear weapons technology, including the trigger mechanism, to Russia, who passed it along to China, and I'm not sure which one of those 2 passed it on to N. Korea.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

lundbaek wrote: August 11th, 2017, 1:11 pm Are you aware that during WW2 the U.S. facilitated nuclear weapons technology, including the trigger mechanism, to Russia, who passed it along to China, and I'm not sure which one of those 2 passed it on to N. Korea.
I thought Russia (USSR) was able to get plenty of Nazi scientists to build its high tech military and space programs, just like the USA did with Nazi scientists after the war.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lundbaek wrote: August 11th, 2017, 1:11 pm Are you aware that during WW2 the U.S. facilitated nuclear weapons technology, including the trigger mechanism, to Russia, who passed it along to China, and I'm not sure which one of those 2 passed it on to N. Korea.
You're right. So much US material was flown over the North Pole to Russia as to amount to sheer treason. I can't remember the name of the US officer who documented it all in a book sold by the John Birch Society.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Major George Racey Jordan was the whistleblower, as far as I know.

"From Major Jordan’s Diaries" was written by George Racey Jordan, one of the WW2 Lend-Lease expediters, then a U.S. Army Air force Major who during WW2 became aware of the transfer of, and actually saw and handled, among other things, materials and technical information that, as it turned out, were used by the Russians to build their first atomic bomb. After reading the book carefully, I extracted the following excerpts which implicate elements of the U.S. government, especially Harry Hopkins, the man in charge of Lend-Lease, in this activity. "But the tremendous volume of Lend-Lease material going through under diplomatic immunity , the infiltration of Soviet agents through the Pipeline, the shipments of non-military supplies and even military secrets, were more than I could stomach. I finally protested through proper channels in Great Falls, and then in Washington; nothing happened." Pg. 5

"It is true that we never knew the exact use to which anything sent under Russian Lend-Lease was put, and the failure to set up a system of accountability is now seen as an appalling mistake. But could anything be more foolish than to suppose that the atomic materials we sent were not used for an atomic bomb which materialized in Russia long before we expected it?...Our government was intent on supplying whatever the Russians asked for, as fast as we could get it to them - and I was one of the expediters. And when I say our government , I mean of course Harry Hopkins, the man in charge of Lend-Lease, and his aids. We in the Army knew where the orders were coming from, and so did the Russians." Pg. 35 & 36

"Not until the latter part of 1949 was it definitely proved, from responsible records, that during the war Federal agencies delivered to Russia at least three consignments of uranium chemicals, totaling 1,465 pounds, or nearly three quarters of a ton. Confirmed also was the shipment of one kilogram, or 2.2 pounds of uranium metal at a time when the total American stock was 4.5 pounds." Pg. 95

"There seemed to be no lengths to which some American officials would not go in aiding Russia to master the secret of nuclear fission." Pg.96

"When American supplies were cut off , the device of outmaneuvering General Groves was to procure the materials clandestinely from Canada...My share in the revelation was testimony under oath leading to one conclusion only - that the Canadian by-pass was aided by Mr. Hopkins. At his direction, Lend-Lease issued a certificate of release without which the consignment could not have moved." Pg. 98

" ... Mr. Hopkins personally directed me to expedite the Canadian shipment. ...I insisted that Harry Hopkins himself gave the order by telephone." Pg. 237

"General Groves...declared there was no way for the Russians to get uranium products in this country without the support of U.S. authorities in one way or another. ." Pg. 106

"Under Lend-Lease law the President had full power to decide what defense articles, defense assistance the Russians were to get. He delegated that power to Harry Hopkins, with the result that in addition to defense supplies, the Russians got whatever they asked for, if someone lower in the hierarchy tried to prevent it." Pg. 130

"In his ardor for the Soviets, Hopkins never hesitated to seize upon supplies urgently demanded by other agencies, even when the issue was military success on the Western Front...The general feeling, Colonel Rounds said, was that in a given supply problem the Russians repeatedly came first." Pg. 140

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Luke 10:
25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
pizza.jpg
pizza.jpg (21.54 KiB) Viewed 979 times
dust.jpg
dust.jpg (10.76 KiB) Viewed 979 times

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 7:46 am Isn't it funny how fat people in America want to make undernourished people in North Korea starve to death? Please, we're telling them, just go ahead and die. You're commies and your lives don't matter. You must have done something wrong in pre-mortal life to have ended up in a country like North Korea. Therefore, we're going to sanction you and your miserable family until you just die. Resistance is futile. Our Tangerine can beat up your Lil Kim so just shut up and die.
Sometimes you say something that makes sense. It often takes a while to find it buried in the rest of the over-inflated things you say, but if one looks long enough a good nugget of thought can be found. Congratulations.

The above, however, does not contain one of those things.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 10:25 am Isn't it funny how so little of America's foreign policy for the past 60 years has worked and yet there are still flag-bearers here who cheer on another immoral and unconstitutional attack on a weak and tiny country. Warmongers to the core.
I hope you're an immensely strong person. That anti-American chip you seem to bear on your shoulder must weigh more than those obese people you're talking about. Honestly, if all Americans you know are as bad as you say, don't you think it'd be in your best interest to move to a part you despise less? Try San Franpsycho. A lot of the people I know from there hate our country even more than you appear to.

Oh, don't tell them you believe in God, though. That'd send them over the edge.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 8:16 am We can do things the Gadianton way, or we can do things the Lord's way.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1998/06/our- ... s?lang=eng

Our Brothers’ Keepers
Thomas S. Monson
By President Thomas S. Monson
First Counselor in the First Presidency

Adapted from an address given in Salt Lake City to Rotary International on 20 November 1997

From New York City to North Korea, the Church quietly reaches out in welfare efforts that aid millions of the suffering and needy.
Under the current North Korean leadership, the church cannot send them aid. But the fat leader doesn't miss any meals.
1o1y10.jpg
1o1y10.jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 950 times

What is it about the oppressed, tortured, starved, and murdered people in North Korea that makes you not want to help free them? why do you hate them so much?
Attachments
download (8).jpg
download (8).jpg (11.1 KiB) Viewed 948 times

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 7:46 am Isn't it funny how fat people in America want to make undernourished people in North Korea starve to death? Please, we're telling them, just go ahead and die. You're commies and your lives don't matter. You must have done something wrong in pre-mortal life to have ended up in a country like North Korea. Therefore, we're going to sanction you and your miserable family until you just die. Resistance is futile. Our Tangerine can beat up your Lil Kim so just shut up and die.

Not only are Americans fat, they just sit around and decide that other people should starve.

inactivity.png
Silver,
Why are you blaming Americans for the starvation taking place in North Korea? It's been going on for a long time. Kim Jong Un is misappropriating his country's resources and will continue to do so until he is no longer in power.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Matchmaker wrote: August 11th, 2017, 2:48 pm

inactivity.png
Silver,
Why are you blaming Americans for the starvation taking place in North Korea? It's been going on for a long time. Kim Jong Un is misappropriating his country's resources and will continue to do so until he is no longer in power.
Silver obviously hates the oppressed in North Korea. He also hates fat people, except Kim Un.