Teen Tasered While Strapped Into Chair

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Teen Tasered While Strapped Into Chair

Post by skmo »

I'm sure there are decent, honorable police officers in our country. It's sickening when things like this happen.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Teen Tasered While Strapped Into Chair

Post by Silver »

In the upper right corner of the video you can the hands of another youthful offender sticking through the bars fully aware of what's happening. Perhaps they have received the same treatment.

I suppose the guys doing the tasering are not police officers but rather some vicious prison guards.

I wonder how many kids get out of the place fully rehabilitated. Recidivism rates are likely high.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I didn't watch the video.
In institute we had a young lady, very good on her testimony, sort of a 'tom boy' type girl who worked at the city jail as a jail keeper, I guess. Someone asked her if she had gotten into any fights with the inmates.
"No, but I want to." was her reply, with that 'tough girl' grin on her face.
dc

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

My faith in humanity has been reconfirmed....... that's horrible that officer should be the one in jail.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Those Officers will end up doing time for what they did to that teenager. After a couple of tazes, what was the point? I'm surprised they didn't stop his heart through the use of repeated tazes. Where was the facility nurse? At some point, their behavior turned from corrections management to torture.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote: August 6th, 2017, 2:16 pm I suppose the guys doing the tasering are not police officers but rather some vicious prison guards.
I hoped the same thing, but no. These were deputies in the Cheatham County TN Sheriff's Office. According to multiple stories, the torture victim was fully restrained in a chair - his torso, arms, and legs strapped to the chair - when the deputies decided that he was resisting them and deployed the stun gun.

At first the sheriff released a statement claiming it appeared his deputies followed proper procedure, but after backlash he gave the three deputies paid vacation.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/brea ... es/441476/

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

This happens to kids everywhere when the parents aren't around. The repeated trauma allows them to insert their mind control, most police officers have had this done to them themselves. I am sorry the world is so evil that most people will never wake up to it until they are dead. That is because the majority of people are so good they are completely deceived as to what goes on in their own community.

I have overcome my mind control and I was tased also. I couldn't tell you where, it may have been at home or it may have been school. Someone had come up from behind me and tased me near the groin. But I have been kidnapped from my own house to be reprogrammed.

I try to sound the alarm but it really is too difficult for people to believe me. Who knows. Maybe they are mind controlled too. My story and info is on www.juliebucker.com. It is similar to Cathy O' Brien's testimony.

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

Not defending because I don't know anything about the circumstances beside the posted video.

That aside I am a retired LEO who spent most of his career, 11 years, working in the corrections system. I have been trained on and have used a similar restraint chair and taser. So the question I have is why he was in the restraint chair in the first place. We used ours to prevent people from hurting themselves. For example; trying to dig out their stitches to incur further damage, those who are out of control slamming their heads into the walls and or doors (happens more than one would think). Some one creating an unsafe environment. We had an individual who was known to HEP and HIV positive smear his fecal matter, blood and semen all over himself, walls, doors. When he would start this we would place him in the restraint chair.

As you can imagine rarely does someone want to be in the restraint chair. It usually takes 3-5 people to place an individual in the restraint chair. There are two nylon straps, similar to a seat belt, that goes over the arms at the wrist. Two around the ankles, two that cross the chest to keep them against the back of the chair. My agencies policy was the immediate notification of the on staff nurse. they would have vitals checked every 15 minutes and every hour we would release each appendage individually so they could move and flex them. I rarely saw any one in the chair for more than 1 hour.

In the video you can seed the deputy at the head properly using pressure point control (I was an instructor) the others focused on the arm. It appears they are trying to restrain the arm and he is not allowing it to be restrained. In the video you can see the left arm on the arm rest. The right arm is the one they are trying to restrain. This restraint chair is a hard thing to do I have seen deputies injured getting individuals into the chair. It isn't an often used tool but it is a useful one if used correctly. Same with the Taser. That taser seems to be not effective, and loud. Which leads me to believe he had poor contact. I have been tasered and placed in the chair, for training purposes I promise, and man One person with a bump of adrenaline can give a group of five a run for there money.

I would be interested in the why before I jumped to conclusions.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Kaarno wrote: August 7th, 2017, 3:22 pm Not defending because I don't know anything about the circumstances beside the posted video.

That aside I am a retired LEO who spent most of his career, 11 years, working in the corrections system. I have been trained on and have used a similar restraint chair and taser. So the question I have is why he was in the restraint chair in the first place. We used ours to prevent people from hurting themselves. For example; trying to dig out their stitches to incur further damage, those who are out of control slamming their heads into the walls and or doors (happens more than one would think). Some one creating an unsafe environment. We had an individual who was known to HEP and HIV positive smear his fecal matter, blood and semen all over himself, walls, doors. When he would start this we would place him in the restraint chair.

As you can imagine rarely does someone want to be in the restraint chair. It usually takes 3-5 people to place an individual in the restraint chair. There are two nylon straps, similar to a seat belt, that goes over the arms at the wrist. Two around the ankles, two that cross the chest to keep them against the back of the chair. My agencies policy was the immediate notification of the on staff nurse. they would have vitals checked every 15 minutes and every hour we would release each appendage individually so they could move and flex them. I rarely saw any one in the chair for more than 1 hour.

In the video you can seed the deputy at the head properly using pressure point control (I was an instructor) the others focused on the arm. It appears they are trying to restrain the arm and he is not allowing it to be restrained. In the video you can see the left arm on the arm rest. The right arm is the one they are trying to restrain. This restraint chair is a hard thing to do I have seen deputies injured getting individuals into the chair. It isn't an often used tool but it is a useful one if used correctly. Same with the Taser. That taser seems to be not effective, and loud. Which leads me to believe he had poor contact. I have been tasered and placed in the chair, for training purposes I promise, and man One person with a bump of adrenaline can give a group of five a run for there money.

I would be interested in the why before I jumped to conclusions.
According to two different articles on this case, "He was taken out of his cell and restrained because he was upset over his arrest and started banging his head against the wall. He told deputies he felt suicidal." One article describes Norris as having a 'psychotic episode' when he was removed from the cell. Restraint for this reason seems entirely reasonable.

In the video it appears that the officer to the left of the frame is trying to restrain Norris' right arm, and at one point it appears the officer with the stun gun is helping the other officer. But at other moments in the video a black strap is clearly visible around Norris' right arm. It does appear that his arm is properly restrained to the chair at the time the stun gun is used.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

Very "shocking" :p