Sickening, this Narcissist is.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Sickening, this Narcissist is.

Post by Fiannan »

Silver, why are you so obsessed with Trump? Daddy thing?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Trump: Me, my, I, my, me, mine, my, I, my, I, mine, me, me, me. Look at me!

The country: We're tired of winning. No wall. no healthcare, no tax cuts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-claim ... dent-ever/

By BLAIR GUILD CBS NEWS July 18, 2017, 5:14 PM
Trump claims he's passed more bills "than any president, ever"
Last Updated Jul 19, 2017 12:36 PM EDT

As President Trump approaches the six month mark of his presidency, he boasted about his legislative successes at a "Made in America week" event hosted by the White House on Monday.

"We've signed more bills -- and I'm talking about through the legislature -- than any president, ever," Mr. Trump said. "For a while, Harry Truman had us. And now, I think, we have everybody."

While Mr. Trump has signed 42 bills into law during the first few months of his presidency, more than former president Barack Obama's 39, he still falls slightly behind the legislative pace of the past six presidencies, who signed an average of 43 bills in this timeframe, the New York Times reported.

In the first half-year of his presidency, Jimmy Carter signed 70 bills. In this same period, Bill Clinton signed 50 and George W. Bush signed 20.

In just the first 100 days of his first term, former president Truman signed 55 bills and Franklin Delano Roosevelt, facing the effects of the Great Depression signed 76 bills in a massive 100-day push. By comparison, on Mr. Trump's 100th day on April 29 he had signed 29 bills into law.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

larsenb wrote: May 20th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Silver wrote: May 20th, 2017, 8:25 pm
larsenb wrote: May 20th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Silver wrote: May 20th, 2017, 5:09 pm . . . . . . For somebody who doesn't care you sure are obsessed with responding to all my emails.

Trump is evil. He's killing innocents which you refuse to accept. Why should the US get involved in a Sunni/Shia rivalry?
Actually, in responding to you, I had some hope of kicking you out of your black-and-white view of Trump. The above indicates this isn't going to happen.

Have you noticed the actual few times I have responded to your posts, relative to the number you put out. Go back and do a count. My response is probably 1 out of 20-30 of your posts. And believe me, you will see me dropping back into this pattern at even a smaller ratio, as time goes on. I normally know when to give up.

You could call NATO and all the people and their leaders who support it, as being evil using your criteria. Why don't you actually respond to what I've said about Trump's incursions into Syria and Yemen. Can you state my view on these issues, which has been fed to you several times? I doubt it.
So you've got a view about Syria and Yemen. How does that help the dead and wounded or their survivors? If the man is a murderer, not much else about his character matters.
Let me repeat: Any head of state involved in wars over the past 170 years and more, have been guilty of killing innocent people in the manner you accuse Trump of doing. You seem to have just discovered this with Trump (not that he has deliberately gone out to kill innocents). Do you actually think he has?? You can't be that naive. But then . . . . who knows.

And you've read what I think about Syria and Yemen. Do you remember what I've said? Obviously not.
Could you repeat please?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

More bwahahas from the Narcissist In Chief. He can't string together two coherent sentences in a speech and neither can he have a serious phone conversation with a peer without destroying the English language and constantly referring to himself or his own interests. But, yeah, you know, he's gonna MAGA.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-0 ... pts-leaked

Trump Phone Call Transcripts Leaked: "New Hampshire Is A Drug Infested Den"

by Tyler Durden
Aug 3, 2017 10:22 AM

It will probably not come as a surprise that days after the biggest shake up among White House communications personnel, the Washington Post obtained transcripts of President Trump's classified calls with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull from the early days of his presidency back in January. While details of the calls had been made public previously, this is the first time entire transcripts have leaked out.

Back then, when the biggest issue on Trump's domestic policy plate was the issue of the "Great Wall" across the Mexican border, and the fate of refugees coming into the US, which eventually led to various lawsuits blocking Trump's immigration and travel ban from several mostly Muslim countries, the president expressed frustration over accepting refugees from Australian detention centers under a humanitarian deal negotiated by the Obama administration and candidly discussed the Mexican border wall, telling the Mexican president "If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that."

One of the funniest lines: "On the wall, you and I both have a political problem. My people stand up and say, 'Mexico will pay for the wall,' and your people probably say something in a similar but slightly different language."

In a line likely to surprise some Trump supporters, the president described the wall as "the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important."

On the sensitive issue of payment, Trump told the Mexican president "you cannot say that to the press,” urging him to refrain from the public statements because of the political damage it would impose on Trump. He also asked Nieto not to oppose Trump's demand that Mexico pay for the wall, telling him the funding would "come out in the wash, and that is okay."

Trump said both he and Nieto should say they “will work it out” when forced to answer questions about the wall. Nieto pushed back at Trump's demands, saying the wall was "an issue related to the dignity of Mexico and goes to the national pride of my country.”

He ultimately said he would “stop talking about the wall” but did not agree in anyway that Mexico would pay for its construction. Since the call, Trump has continued to publicly say that Mexico would pay for the wall when he has been asked about it, even as the government has taken steps to fund it in different ways. The House has included $1.6 billion in funding for the wall in an appropriations measure under consideration by Congress. Democrats oppose including any more for the way in appropriations measures.

In another controversial exchange with the Mexican leader over the drug problem in the US and Mexico, Trump said "We have a massive drug problem where kids are becoming addicted to drugs because the drugs are being sold for less money than candy. I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den."

In a separate phone call, Trump told Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull earlier this year that he had a better call with Russian President Vladimir Putin before ending a contentious phone call. Trump argued with Turnbull over an agreement on refugees the U.S. president thought was unfair during their first conversation following his inauguration.

“I have had it,” Trump told his Australian counterpart during the Jan. 28 call, according to the same leaked transcript. “I have been making these calls all day, and this is the most unpleasant call all day.”

Some other Turnbull call highlights:

"This is going to kill me. I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country. And now I am agreeing to take 2,000 people."
"I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people."
Aside from embarrassing the president, the leaks present a major headache for Gen. Kelly, Trump's new chief of staff, who is expected to bring back normalcy to the Oval cabinet. As The Hill notes, the disclosure is likely to raise alarms at the White House, which has struggled to contain leaks of classified and sensitive information. As Axios adds, the calls remain classified, so the fact that the transcripts made it to the Post is a serious issue. Both documents include notes that the transcripts had been reviewed by Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg Jr., the chief of staff for the National Security Council.

Trump’s calls with foreign leaders have not been declassified. The White House said in February, days after the call, it would probe how the details of the call became public

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I thought about responding but then the pizza arrived. Pretty good pizza actually.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Fiannan wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 11:00 am I thought about responding but then the pizza arrived. Pretty good pizza actually.
Fiannan, I wouldn't have thought you were a pizza guy. I thought you were a super fly healthy guy.

Pizza is pretty good though.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

MMbelieve wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 6:37 pm
Fiannan wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 11:00 am I thought about responding but then the pizza arrived. Pretty good pizza actually.
Fiannan, I wouldn't have thought you were a pizza guy. I thought you were a super fly healthy guy.

Pizza is pretty good though.
=)) My track coach in high school said that pizza was one of the most nutritious foods out there as it was packed with all sorts of protein, vitamins and minerals and such. Of course he was speaking to young people who were quite active so the calories would be burnt off pretty well. :)

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I would certainly eat this before spending the day at the river intertubing and swimming with the kids.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Narcissists usually end up in power because our system rewards people with narcissistic personalities. I think I have a solution. Everybody go home and listen to your wife more. That will help society move into a direction that is more balanced, kind, and giving, as opposed to competitive, selfish, and narcissistic.

With all of Trump's faults, I adore him. The globalist elite have been scramming since day 1 of his presidency. They DO lie about him in the media, they lied about the polls, they lied saying he couldn't win, they lie in not reporting the wonderful work he has done so far, etc.

Trump has already put 1,500 pedophiles in jail. How many did Obama put in jail over 8 years? Like, 400. Unless I remember wrong, maybe the 400 was a yearly number.

Anyhow, I am keeping him warts and all. I even have gold colored titanium utensils because they remind me of Trump.

Honestly, Silver, I had really started to respect you with the posts I have read of yours. This may be a deal breaker. Except I know you never liked Trump.

Maybe I can change you...

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Juliet wrote: August 4th, 2017, 8:09 am Narcissists usually end up in power because our system rewards people with narcissistic personalities. I think I have a solution. Everybody go home and listen to your wife more. That will help society move into a direction that is more balanced, kind, and giving, as opposed to competitive, selfish, and narcissistic.

With all of Trump's faults, I adore him. The globalist elite have been scramming since day 1 of his presidency. They DO lie about him in the media, they lied about the polls, they lied saying he couldn't win, they lie in not reporting the wonderful work he has done so far, etc.

Trump has already put 1,500 pedophiles in jail. How many did Obama put in jail over 8 years? Like, 400. Unless I remember wrong, maybe the 400 was a yearly number.

Anyhow, I am keeping him warts and all. I even have gold colored titanium utensils because they remind me of Trump.

Honestly, Silver, I had really started to respect you with the posts I have read of yours. This may be a deal breaker. Except I know you never liked Trump.

Juliet,
Thank you for your very kind post. Please understand though that I'm not interested in being popular or even respected if it means compromising my standards.

I'm not sure if you've read the posts in the Good Behavior Trump Debate thread so please allow me to ask you a question. What is the most consistent thing about the last several presidential administrations? It is the loading up of CFR/NWO/MIC types to run the government. It is no different with Trump's administration. And since people determine policy, the policies will continue to favor the elitists and the warmongers. I can't believe you're OK with that.

One more bonus question:
Are the activities of George Soros harmful to the cause of liberty?

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Silver wrote: August 4th, 2017, 8:29 am
Juliet wrote: August 4th, 2017, 8:09 am Narcissists usually end up in power because our system rewards people with narcissistic personalities. I think I have a solution. Everybody go home and listen to your wife more. That will help society move into a direction that is more balanced, kind, and giving, as opposed to competitive, selfish, and narcissistic.

Juliet,
Thank you for your very kind post. Please understand though that I'm not interested in being popular or even respected if it means compromising my standards.

I'm not sure if you've read the posts in the Good Behavior Trump Debate thread so please allow me to ask you a question. What is the most consistent thing about the last several presidential administrations? It is the loading up of CFR/NWO/MIC types to run the government. It is no different with Trump's administration. And since people determine policy, the policies will continue to favor the elitists and the warmongers. I can't believe you're OK with that.

One more bonus question:
I haven't read the thread, it is very long. What is the main point of the thread, that Trump is an elite, NWO CFR type, and all the proofs for it? I agree on the point. But I see something in Trump you don't see. It is because of my background dealing with Satanists. You don't just stand for what is right with Satanists. It is a huge game of blackmail and slitting throats. It is religious and ritualistic. I found a clip of Trump admitting he had taken the satanic oath.

What I see in Trump, is that He is not going with the control. When you do that, you die. Well, he isn't dead yet, but they are trying to kill them.

Yes, he is ONE of them, but he is not one WITH them. That is why I like him. And yes, he has already done incorrect things, like what he did in Syria , but he is fighting. Something most will not do. Most will bow out at the threat of death.

I had a dream as Trump won the presidency that if he didn't pay attention to the pedophila going on, that he would be assassinated. I sent the letter to the campaign manager. I was inspired to know what the reaction would be to my letter and put that in the letter.

I have been pleasantly pleased at how Trump is working like crazy to end the pedophila. He is not going to get even close, but God sees these efforts.

While your views may be correct on policy, there is an emotional element that I cannot deny, that Trump is fighting for good even if it is a lost cause and his hands will be tied and he will have no choice in many situations. But he is fighting. Would that we all had that courage. He is like Hans Solo, he may be a smuggler, but he is still working for the light.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Juliet wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:09 am

Juliet,

One more bonus question:
I haven't read the thread, it is very long. What is the main point of the thread, that Trump is an elite, NWO CFR type, and all the proofs for it? I agree on the point. But I see something in Trump you don't see. It is because of my background dealing with Satanists. You don't just stand for what is right with Satanists. It is a huge game of blackmail and slitting throats. It is religious and ritualistic. I found a clip of Trump admitting he had taken the satanic oath.

What I see in Trump, is that He is not going with the control. When you do that, you die. Well, he isn't dead yet, but they are trying to kill them.

Yes, he is ONE of them, but he is not one WITH them. That is why I like him. And yes, he has already done incorrect things, like what he did in Syria , but he is fighting. Something most will not do. Most will bow out at the threat of death.

I had a dream as Trump won the presidency that if he didn't pay attention to the pedophila going on, that he would be assassinated. I sent the letter to the campaign manager. I was inspired to know what the reaction would be to my letter and put that in the letter.

I have been pleasantly pleased at how Trump is working like crazy to end the pedophila. He is not going to get even close, but God sees these efforts.

While your views may be correct on policy, there is an emotional element that I cannot deny, that Trump is fighting for good even if it is a lost cause and his hands will be tied and he will have no choice in many situations. But he is fighting. Would that we all had that courage. He is like Hans Solo, he may be a smuggler, but he is still working for the light.
OK, then we will agree to disagree. I submit that if he were truly fighting against evil, he would have never nominated those Luciferians that occupy positions in his administration. "A house divided against itself cannot stand" applies here.

As for the pedophilia, Trump hangs out with Bill Clinton, one of the worst in that arena. Keeping up appearances of pursuing the perpetrators while not prosecuting the big boys is not as valiant as you portray it.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Silver wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:17 am

Juliet,

One more bonus question:

OK, then we will agree to disagree. I submit that if he were truly fighting against evil, he would have never nominated those Luciferians that occupy positions in his administration. "A house divided against itself cannot stand" applies here.

As for the pedophilia, Trump hangs out with Bill Clinton, one of the worst in that arena. Keeping up appearances of pursuing the perpetrators while not prosecuting the big boys is not as valiant as you portray it.
The world is not black and white, you of all people should know that Silver. What is he supposed to do, gun all the bad guys down? Don't be naive. It is game that must be played as long as God doesn't separate the wheat and the chaff. If you knew all the people around you, you would see that you are in the game too. We all are.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Juliet wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:52 am

Juliet,

One more bonus question:

The world is not black and white, you of all people should know that Silver. What is he supposed to do, gun all the bad guys down? Don't be naive. It is game that must be played as long as God doesn't separate the wheat and the chaff. If you knew all the people around you, you would see that you are in the game too. We all are.
What is Trump supposed to do? How about not nominating members of the CFR to administration positions for starters? Who made him choose the very people who have ruined the country? Our thinking is too far apart, Juliet, and I assure you I won't back down.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Silver wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:56 am
Juliet wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:52 am

What is Trump supposed to do? How about not nominating members of the CFR to administration positions for starters? Who made him choose the very people who have ruined the country? Our thinking is too far apart, Juliet, and I assure you I won't back down.
So he should hire hillbillies with no experience and that will bode well for him the way he is already being treated by the progressives? Is everyone on the council of Foreign Relations an evil person supporting an evil agenda? Surely in any organization there are those who see its ills and fight against it. And Trump has been hiring and firing people like crazy. It takes a little bit of time to see where people really stand on the inside because people at any job are forced to keep an outward appearance. There are too many good people in any organization to use the organization itself as a front.

Don't back down I would lose respect for you. But don't stop the dialog I may learn something here.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Yours is an obviously false dichotomy. Are the choices really only the current batch of elitists and warmongers OR Jed Clampett? Why not a guy like Ron Paul? Why not Justin Amash? Why not John Duncan? Why not a guy or two from the John Birch Society? Why not Hans Verlan Andersen? No, the choices are always elites who have no interest in running America based on principles of liberty.

OK, tell me one person on the inside of the CFR who is fighting against it.

Your plea for time falls flat. The individuals had time which they have studiously used to build up a résumé of working against the Constitution. That's why they were selected by the puppet masters for the positions they got.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Just read his words and tell me if this narcissist is even speaking the truth. Disregard the desire to start yet another war where America immorally kills more brown people. There's video if you can stand to watch Trump pontificate.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-0 ... never-seen

Trump Threatens North Korea With "Fire And Fury Like The World Has Never Seen Before"

by Tyler Durden
Aug 8, 2017 3:43 PM

Speaking at a press event at his golf resort in Bedminster, N.J., President Trump offered a stern warning to the rogue dictator of North Korea, Kim Jong Un, saying that he "best not make any more threats to the United States" or they "will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."
"He has been very threatening beyond a normal statement. And, as I said, they will be met with fire, fury, and frankly power, the likes of which this world has never seen before."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Get ready for that awful taste of stomach acid in the back of your mouth. Marmalade, the Narcissist, is out boasting again. Poor thing. He really does need our prayers.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-1 ... real-moron

Trump Proposes IQ Test With Tillerson To Find Out Who Is The Real Moron

by Tyler Durden
Oct 10, 2017 8:44 AM

President Donald Trump could sit down for lunch with a reanimated Albert Einstein and - if challenged - would still boast about being the smartest person in the room.

Trump reaffirmed in an interview with Forbes that he believes reports that Tillerson once privately called him a “moron” aren’t true. But in any event - just in case - a quick IQ test should be enough to repudiate any lingering doubts about the president’s superior intellect.

He counterpunches, in this case firing a shot at Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who reportedly called his boss a moron:

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."

Moving on from the discussion of the Trump-Tillerson feud that dominated political news last week (even reportedly overshadowing, in the president’s mind, his visit with victims and their families in Las Vegas following the worst mass shooting in US history), Trump told his Forbes interviewer about a new economic-development bill being formulated by the White House. Trump kept things vague, saying that the bill would punish employers who send jobs overseas while “rewarding” companies that keep jobs here.

And above all, he sells : "I also have another bill ... an economic-development bill, which I think will be fantastic. Which nobody knows about. Which you are hearing about for the first time... . Economic-development incentives for companies. Incentives for companies to be here."

Companies that keep jobs in America get rewarded; those that send operations offshore "get penalized severely." "It's both a carrot and a stick," says the president. "It is an incentive to stay. But it is perhaps even more so--if you leave, it's going to be very tough for you to think that you're going to be able to sell your product back into our country."

Trump's quest for "validation" – a theme that’s been surprisingly consistent throughout his career - inspired him to repeatedly badger the magazine's editors to raise his ranking on its Forbes 400 list.

Numbers offer Trump validation. They determine the winner or loser of any deal and establish an industry hierarchy. It's why Trump, more than any of the 1,600 or so people who've been on The Forbes 400, has spent more time lobbying and cajoling Forbes to get a higher valuation - and validation.

Many of Trump's habits and tactics from his days as a real estate developer have carried over into the White House. One such habit is his fondness for manipulating numbers to exaggerate his performance, as he candidly explains to Forbes.

He also uses numbers as leverage, a way to set parameters and eventually declare victory. Back when he bought the New Jersey Generals of the United States Football League in 1984, he reportedly described his bidding style to his fellow owners thusly: "When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it's going to cost $75 million. I say it's going to cost $125 million and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job."

According to Trump, that trick explains the current proposal to cut the corporate tax rate to 20%, after months of saying he wanted to go even lower, to 15%. "I was actually saying 15 for the purpose of getting to 20," he says, adding, "As you know, this will be a negotiation for the next 30 days. But I wanted the 15 in order to get to 20."

Trump – who just yesterday was branded “the president without a party” by the Wall Street Journal – has been roundly criticized by his fellow Republicans for his willingness to work with Democrats. But, as Forbes explains, in Trump’s mind, the Democrats are just another “bidder” to use as leverage against his enemies in the Republican party.

One bid, however, isn't enough. In a transactional mindset, when the person across the table is a competitor rather than a partner, the best terms come from creating multiple bidders. Which explains his sudden fondness for Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, whether on the debt-limit increase, immigration proposals for Dreamers (at least briefly) or health care. "I think the Democrats want to make a deal," says Trump, referring to Obamacare. "At the same time, I think I have a deal with the Republicans. So I have the best of both worlds. That's business to a certain extent... . I'm very able to make deals with Democrats if I have to." The specter of playing each side off the other also looms over tax negotiations. "We'll be talking about all of it. You know, it will be a very serious set of negotiations going on over the next period of time."

Of course, those who don't see eye-to-eye with the president will feel his Twitter lash: Ask Ryan ("does zilch!"), McConnell ("get back to work"), Schumer ("Cryin' Chuck"), Lindsay Graham ("dumb mouthpiece"), Elizabeth Warren ("Very racist!"), John McCain ("dummy!") or approximately 1,000 others in the past year who have had the temerity to stand up to the president. Much as these digs seem personal, in truth he's just sticking with a business tactic he's long employed. Again, from The Art of the Deal: "I'm the first to admit that I am very competitive and that I'll do nearly anything within legal bounds to win. Sometimes, part of making a deal is denigrating your competition."

To summarize the interview, in Trump’s world, internecine warfare is cast as healthy competition; numbers are marketing tools to be manipulated and the IQ test is the single greatest tool for quantifying intelligence. And, in this particular case, there's no public disagreement that a quick flash of his Mensa membership card wouldn't settle.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

So any opinions on Ivanka? She is considered the most influential Jew in the world now.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/p ... e-bob.html

Trump Mocks Bob Corker’s Height, Escalating Feud with a Key Republican
By PETER BAKEROCT. 10, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump escalated his attack on Senator Bob Corker on Tuesday by ridiculing him for his height, even as advisers worried that the president was further fracturing his relationship with congressional Republicans just a week before a vote critical to his tax cutting plan.

Mr. Trump gave Mr. Corker, a two-term Republican from Tennessee and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, a derogatory new nickname — “Liddle Bob” — after the two exchanged barbs in recent days. He suggested Mr. Corker was somehow tricked when he told a reporter from The New York Times that the president was reckless and could stumble into a nuclear war.

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
The Failing @nytimes set Liddle' Bob Corker up by recording his conversation. Was made to sound a fool, and that's what I am dealing with!
7:50 AM - Oct 10, 2017

In labeling Mr. Corker “liddle,” the president was evidently returning to a theme. He considered Mr. Corker for secretary of state during the transition after last year’s election but was reported to have told associates that Mr. Corker, at 5-foot-7, was too short to be the nation’s top diplomat.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/exc ... c15c0bbdec

EDITORS PICK
Inside Trump’s Head: An Exclusive Interview With the President, And The Single Theory That Explains Everything
By Randall Lane, FORBES STAFF
If Trump really did call the White House a "dump," he's over it. Inside the small West Wing study--where he stacks his papers and takes his meals atop what he calls his "working desk," the president talks volubly about a chandelier he had installed and the oil paintings of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt. He pokes open the door to his pristine private bathroom, a must for the germophobe-in-chief. He takes us outside to see the serene swimming pool. And inside the Oval Office, freshly renovated with drapes, carpet and fixtures that lean heavily on gold, he slides his hand across the same Resolute desk where JFK handled the Cuban Missile Crisis and Reagan fought the Cold War, adorned with nothing but two telephones and a call button. "This looks very nice," says the president.

He could as easily be pitching a Trump Tower penthouse or a Doral golf club membership, and over the course of a nearly one-hour interview in the Oval Office, President Trump stays true to the same Citizen Trump form that Forbes has seen for 35 years.

He boasts, with a dose of hyperbole that any student of FDR or even Barack Obama could undercut: "I've had just about the most legislation passed of any president, in a nine-month period, that's ever served. We had over 50 bills passed. I'm not talking about executive orders only, which are very important. I'm talking about bills."

He counterpunches, in this case firing a shot at Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who reportedly called his boss a moron: "I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."

And above all, he sells : "I also have another bill ... an economic-development bill, which I think will be fantastic. Which nobody knows about. Which you are hearing about for the first time... . Economic-development incentives for companies. Incentives for companies to be here." Companies that keep jobs in America get rewarded; those that send operations offshore "get penalized severely." "It's both a carrot and a stick," says the president. "It is an incentive to stay. But it is perhaps even more so--if you leave, it's going to be very tough for you to think that you're going to be able to sell your product back into our country."

And so here we are, the first president to come solely from the private sector, representing the party that for more than a century championed laissez-faire capitalism and free trade, proposing that government punish and reward companies based on where they choose to locate factories and offices. Is the president comfortable with that idea?

"Very comfortable," he replies. "What I want to do is reciprocal. See, I think the concept of reciprocal is a very nice concept. If somebody is charging us 50%, we should charge them 50%. Right now they charge us 50%, and we charge them nothing. That doesn't work with me."

It never has. Donald Trump didn't get rich building businesses, despite years of brand-burnishing via The Apprentice and millions of votes from people who craved exactly that experience. Instead, his forte lies in transactions--buying and selling and cutting deals that assure him a win regardless of the outcome for others. The nuance is essential. Entrepreneurs and businesspeople create and run entities that have any number of interested parties--shareholders and customers and employees and partners and hometowns--that in theory all share in success. Under Steve Jobs and Tim Cook, Apple has helped early shareholders multiply their investments nearly 400-fold, turned thousands of options-wielding employees into millionaires (swelling the local tax base), performed similar wonders for Taiwanese supplier Foxconn and made customers so deliriously happy that they wait all night to fork over hundreds of dollars for products that will be obsolete two years later.

Dealmakers rarely seek that kind of win-win-win-win-win. Whether it's a stock trade, a swap of middle relievers or optioning a real estate parcel, a deal tends to involve just two parties and generally results in one coming out ahead of the other (so much so that a "win-win" is considered a noteworthy aberration). "Man is the most vicious of all animals," Trump told People in 1981 (and it merited a mention the first time he appeared in Forbes , a year later). "Life is a series of battles ending in victory or defeat." It's a mentality that remains hard-wired in President Trump.

Nearly a year after the most stunning Election Day in many decades, pundits still profess to find themselves continually shocked by President Trump. They shouldn't be: His worldview has been incredibly consistent. Rather than as an opportunity to turn ideology into policy, he views governing the way he does business--as an endless string of deals, to be won or lost, both at the negotiating table and in the court of public opinion. Look at his first year through this prism, and it makes sense. And it offers clues for the next three years--or seven.

Ask President Trump if he's having fun in his new job, and he has a quick answer: "I am having fun. I'm enjoying it. We're accomplishing a lot. Your stock market is at an all-time high.

"Your jobs, your unemployment is at the lowest point in almost 17 years. We have fantastic numbers coming out."

Fantastic numbers aren't generally how most people would measure fun. But Trump always has. "Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry," he wrote in The Art of the Deal 30 years ago. "I like making deals, preferably big deals. That's how I get my kicks."

Numbers offer Trump validation. They determine the winner or loser of any deal and establish an industry hierarchy. It's why Trump, more than any of the 1,600 or so people who've been on The Forbes 400, has spent more time lobbying and cajoling Forbes to get a higher valuation--and validation.

In the Oval Office, when I tell him the markets are up 20% during his term, he stretches the time period to yield an even glossier figure. "No, 25 since the election. You have to go since the election."

That depends on the index, of course (he's conveniently using the most Trump-friendly one, Nasdaq), but the president will brook no such subtlety. "Since Election Day it's 25%. It has gone up since Election Day $5.2 trillion--$5.2 trillion. If Hillary Clinton would have won, the markets would have gone down substantially."

He's similarly proud of the GDP. "So GDP last quarter was 3.1%. Most of the folks that are in your business, and elsewhere, were saying that would not be hit for a long time. You know, Obama never hit the number."

IN HIS OWN WORDS
"I think it’s fake news. But if he did that, I guess we’ll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.”
President Trump on Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
When informed that his predecessor did, several times, Trump pivots immediately. "He never hit it on a yearly basis. Never hit it on a yearly basis. That's eight years. I think we'll go substantially higher than that. And I think this quarter would have been phenomenal, except for the hurricanes."

And what of those storms? "Well, I've gotten very high marks for the hurricanes," he says, two days before he tweets about how he wasn't getting enough personal credit. The president's much-maligned Twitter stream provides a modern way to self-validate. Anything he says registers thousands of likes, thousands of retweets and, over time, millions of new followers. So what if some of those followers are fake accounts? Big numbers have always attracted Trump, regardless of their accuracy. He numbered the floors in Trump Tower to make the building seem taller, obsessed over his Apprentice ratings and lied about the square footage of his penthouse. All of this explains the inexplicable--the need to exaggerate crowd sizes or shoot the messenger any time a bad poll comes out.

For Trump, numbers also serve as a pliant tool. American business has fully embraced Big Data, Moneyball -style analytics and machine learning, where figures suggest the best course of action. But Trump, for decades, has boasted about how he conducts his own research--largely anecdotal--and then buys or sells based on instinct. Numbers are then used to justify his gut. He governs exactly that way, sticking with even his most illogical campaign promises--the kind other politicians walk back from once confronted with actual policy decisions, whether making Mexico pay for a border wall when illegal immigration is historically low or pulling the U.S. from the Paris climate accords, despite the fact that compliance is voluntary--citing whatever figures he can to justify his stances. When asked about Russian interference in the election, for example, he notes that he got 306 electoral votes and adds that the Democrats need "an excuse for losing an election that in theory they should have won." For the greatest-ever American salesman (yes, including P.T. Barnum), statistics serve as marketing grist.

He also uses numbers as leverage, a way to set parameters and eventually declare victory. Back when he bought the New Jersey Generals of the United States Football League in 1984, he reportedly described his bidding style to his fellow owners thusly: "When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it's going to cost $75 million. I say it's going to cost $125 million and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job."

According to Trump, that trick explains the current proposal to cut the corporate tax rate to 20%, after months of saying he wanted to go even lower, to 15%. "I was actually saying 15 for the purpose of getting to 20," he says, adding, "As you know, this will be a negotiation for the next 30 days. But I wanted the 15 in order to get to 20."

It's a trait he has apparently long admired in presidents. Back in the 1980s, he recalled getting a $5 million request from Jimmy Carter to help build his presidential library. "Jimmy Carter had the nerve, the guts, the balls, to ask for something extraordinary," he wrote in The Art of the Deal . "That ability above all helped him get elected president."

One bid, however, isn't enough. In a transactional mindset, when the person across the table is a competitor rather than a partner, the best terms come from creating multiple bidders. Which explains his sudden fondness for Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, whether on the debt-limit increase, immigration proposals for Dreamers (at least briefly) or health care. "I think the Democrats want to make a deal," says Trump, referring to Obamacare. "At the same time, I think I have a deal with the Republicans. So I have the best of both worlds. That's business to a certain extent... . I'm very able to make deals with Democrats if I have to." The specter of playing each side off the other also looms over tax negotiations. "We'll be talking about all of it. You know, it will be a very serious set of negotiations going on over the next period of time."

Of course, those who don't see eye-to-eye with the president will feel his Twitter lash: Ask Ryan ("does zilch!"), McConnell ("get back to work"), Schumer ("Cryin' Chuck"), Lindsay Graham ("dumb mouthpiece"), Elizabeth Warren ("Very racist!"), John McCain ("dummy!") or approximately 1,000 others in the past year who have had the temerity to stand up to the president. Much as these digs seem personal, in truth he's just sticking with a business tactic he's long employed. Again, from The Art of the Deal: "I'm the first to admit that I am very competitive and that I'll do nearly anything within legal bounds to win. Sometimes, part of making a deal is denigrating your competition."

QUICK TAKE
"Rather than an opportunity to turn ideology into policy, he views governing the way he views business – as an endless string of deals."
Or denigrating your own team. In any situation, Trump must be the alpha dog. Delegation isn't his strong suit. Witness what happened when Tillerson apparently reopened a dialogue with the North Koreans. "He was wasting his time," Trump now says. But doesn't publicly upbraiding his top diplomat effectively neuter him? "I'm not undermining," Trump says. "I think I'm actually strengthening authority." It's hard to see whose authority he's strengthening, other than his own.

In Donald Trump's orbit, clearly, no one is off-limits. A decade ago, Donald Trump Jr. told Forbes this story about his now-presidential father. "I'd be going to work with my dad when I was 5 or 6 years old... .

"Besides telling me again and again not to drink, not to smoke and not to chase women, he always told me: 'Never trust anybody.' Then he'd ask me if I trusted anybody. I'd say, 'No.' 'Do you trust me?' he'd ask. I'd say, 'Yes.' "

"And he'd say: 'No! Don't even trust me!' "

Thanks to The Apprentice, most people think Donald Trump ran a big company. He did not. The Trump Organization has 22 real estate assets, with their own management teams. Trump licenses his brand to over a dozen entities, collecting royalties. All in all, it's a valuable company that's more impressive for its efficiency than its breadth. Trump leveraged that mindset, and his formidable skills as a marketer and showman, to run a historically efficient political campaign. "Nobody talks about it, but I spent much less money and won," he says. He's absolutely right.

But there's precious little about running the Trump Organization that provides the kind of experience that it takes to run the ultimate organization in America: the U.S. government. At the Trump Organization, he owns basically everything. There's no known board of directors, no outside shareholders and no real customer base, save onetime luxury real estate buyers and golf club members. It's far closer to running a family office than running Wal-Mart. When it comes to moguls turned presidential aspirants, compare him with the two private-sector leaders who previously came closest to going directly to the Oval Office: Wendell Willkie, who ran a giant public utility before losing to FDR in 1940, and Ross Perot, whose quixotic third-party bid in 1992 was based on a career building two huge public companies, most notably Electronic Data Systems, a global firm that had its own de facto foreign policy, including a famous Iranian hostage rescue.

Trump does have experience leading public companies, but even then there was only one shareholder who mattered. When Trump controlled 40% of publicly traded Trump Hotels & Casino, he used it to buy a casino he privately owned for $500 million, even though one analyst thought it was worth 20% less. At one point, he also owned more than 10% of Resorts International. He cut a deal with that company that garnered him millions in fees at the expense of other owners. Neither ended well: Trump Hotels filed for bankruptcy (for the first time) in 2004; Resorts had gone bankrupt some years earlier after Trump cashed out.

RELATED FEATURES

Powerful Russian Partner Boasts Of Ongoing Access To Trump Family
How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business
How The Billionaire Kushner Family Is Handling A President-In-Law

Inheriting the keys to American government is akin to a succession at General Electric or Microsoft. Continuity is generally assumed--honoring prior commitments and running the company/country as best as possible, while pivoting to new priorities and policies.

Trump's transactional mindset, however, doesn't see it that way (nor do many of his core supporters, who expect radical change above all else). If previous policies were bad deals, he sees no reason to honor them, even at the cost of America's reputation or the perception of stable American policy.

Take Obamacare. "It's a total mess," Trump says. Fair point. But doesn't Trump, as the CEO of America, have an obligation to operate it as well as he can until he has an alternative, rather than threaten to withhold payments to insurance companies, shrink the enrollment period and slash the advertising budget?

"What we're doing is trying to keep it afloat, because it's failing," he says. "I mean the insurance companies are fleeing and have fled. They fled before I got here. But with that being said, no, Obamacare is Obama's fault. It's nobody else's fault."

But isn't it now his administration's responsibility? "Yes. But I've always said Obamacare is Obama's fault. It's never going to be our fault."

The same approach comes through in foreign policy, again and again, whether it's the Iran deal, the Paris climate agreement or, especially, free-trade deals. Doesn't he feel a responsibility to honor agreements from previous administrations?

President Trump has a quick response: "No."

It's a dangerous precedent: an America where each administration, rather than building on the agreements of its predecessors, undoes each other's deals--effectively undermining the authority of any American head of state. Again, Trump shrugs.

"I happen to think that NAFTA will have to be terminated if we're going to make it good. Otherwise, I believe you can't negotiate a good deal... . [The Trans-Pacific Partnership] would have been a large-scale version of NAFTA. It would have been a disaster. It's a great honor to have--I consider that a great accomplishment, stopping that. And there are many people that agree with me. I like bilateral deals."

Of course he does. Trump has been doing bilateral deals his whole life. But bilateral deals are just that--one-on-one bargains carrying the implicit prospect of a negotiation that will create a winner and a loser. Doesn't this fly in the face of our multilateral world?

"You can have it this way and do much more business. And if it doesn't work out with a country, you give them a 30-day notice, and you either renegotiate or not."

Trump's bilateral world, of course, explains why foreign aid gets cut. It comes with a huge downside. Deals score points, but deals don't create long-term investments. It's impossible to think of something like the Marshall Plan, which teed up more than six decades of peace and prosperity, coming out of the Trump White House. To that, he shrugs again.

"For me, it's America first. We've been doing that so long that we owe $20 trillion, okay?"

Trump intends to run the country more like the Trump Organization in other ways. Much has been made about how slow he's been to nominate people to key positions. In the State Department, for example, he has failed to put up names for more than half of the comfirmable positions. That's apparently not an accident.

"I'm generally not going to make a lot of the appointments that would normally be--because you don't need them," he says. "I mean, you look at some of these agencies, how massive they are, and it's totally unnecessary. They have hundreds of thousands of people."

And how does this man, who's never really had a boss, feel about now having 330 million of them, to be exact? He acknowledges the fact, but then answers in a way that is perfect, consistent Trump: "It doesn't matter, because I'm going to do the right thing."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Welcome back to the ongoing saga of an orange man who had bankers and media elites helping him to the highest office in the land. And once he got there, who coulda thunk it, his over-sized ego takes charge (I mean the man does take a dump on 24k gold at his home in NYC) and he attacks everyone via Twitter who dares question his Orangeness.

There are some great comments following the article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... es/546335/

Trump's Odd Feud With LaVar Ball
In demanding fulsome personal praise for helping get three UCLA basketball players out of jail, the president again conflates his personal role and his duties as president.

Cody Riley, LiAngelo Ball, and Jalen Hill speak at a press conference after returning to the United States on Wednesday.Lucy Nicholson / Reuters
DAVID A. GRAHAM NOV 20, 2017 POLITICS

Subscribe to The Atlantic’s Politics & Policy Daily, a roundup of ideas and events in American politics.
Email
On one side is a divisive, hot-tempered patriarch with three prominent children; he’s gotten where he is in large part thanks to winning a genetic lottery. A consummate salesman, verging toward snake-oil levels, he sells products at a markup thanks to the name they bear. After years of ups and downs, the last 18 months have seen him finally reach the pinnacle of success, along with a generous dollop of hatred.

On the other is LaVar Ball.

From the moment that LiAngelo Ball—UCLA basketball player, son of LaVar, and brother of NBA rookie Lonzo—was arrested in China for shoplifting from a Louis Vuitton store in Hangzhou, a collision between LaVar Ball and Donald Trump, two of the most outrageous, larger-than-life, and controversial figures in the contemporary United States, neither of whom can ever just let anything go, seemed inevitable. Now it’s erupting just in time for Thanksgiving break, ensuring that neither sports nor politics is safe family-conversation material, and again showing how Trump conflates himself and the American state.

With Trump visiting China at the same time, he procured the release of the three UCLA basketball players who had been detained for shoplifting, including Ball. He then promptly demanded a public display of gratitude:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!
9:11 AM - Nov 15, 2017
52,684 52,684 Replies 43,881 43,881 Retweets 164,128 164,128 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
They did thank the president. Then he called for more thanks:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
To the three UCLA basketball players I say: You're welcome, go out and give a big Thank You to President Xi Jinping of China who made.....
5:30 AM - Nov 16, 2017
7,447 7,447 Replies 18,032 18,032 Retweets 87,655 87,655 likes
That was enough for LaVar Ball.

When ESPN asked him Friday about Trump’s role, he replied, “Who? What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out.”

Sunday evening, the president took advantage of his newly bestowed 280-character limit for a riposte:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Shoplifting is a very big deal in China, as it should be (5-10 years in jail), but not to father LaVar. Should have gotten his son out during my next trip to China instead. China told them why they were released. Very ungrateful!
5:36 PM - Nov 19, 2017
37,908 37,908 Replies 28,490 28,490 Retweets 124,956 124,956 likes
That’s a lot to unpack.

First, it’s another classic example of Trump picking a fight with black athletes or public figures. As with his occasional battles with NFL and NBA players, the president has evidently calculated that attacking prominent black figures is good for buttressing support with his base. (Indeed, Monday morning he also jabbed at Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch; you would think their shared hatred of press conferences would bring the two men together.)

Second, there’s something strange about the idea that five to 10 years is an appropriate punishment for shoplifting.

Finally, there’s Trump’s overall handling of the matter, which demonstrates once again the ways in which he conflates his own role as the American head of state with the government itself, personalizing all presidential actions in an unusual way.

Though his tweet demanding it was gauche, Trump was not wrong to want thanks for helping get the men free. By all accounts they made a serious error of judgment, and should be thankful for being released without further consequences. But let’s not overstate the effort involved. New York Times managing editor Joe Kahn, a former longtime China correspondent, pointed out that the government was probably eager to ship the men out:

Joe Kahn

@nycscribe
China may have an ugly record on criminal justice, but it rarely incarcerates foreigners, and certainly wouldn't want U.C.L.A. basketball stars in Chinese prison. Hard to imagine a less taxing gift to a U.S. president. https://nyti.ms/2hN58e1
6:17 PM - Nov 19, 2017
Lavar Ball, father of U.C.L.A. freshman LiAngelo Ball, attended a promotional event in Hong Kong last week.
Trump Blasts Lavar Ball: ‘I Should Have Left Them in Jail!’
A day after Ball downplayed President Trump’s involvement in getting three U.C.L.A. players safely out of China, the president fired back on Twitter.
nytimes.com
12 12 Replies 70 70 Retweets 98 98 likes
Moreover, freeing Americans locked up overseas—both those who are wrongly imprisoned and those who have done something stupid—is a basic function of the American government. Sometimes that just means an ambassador making a phone call; sometimes it means sending Bill Clinton or even Dennis Rodman as an envoy.

Ari Fleischer, the former George W. Bush White House spokesman, argued Trump was being arch in his comments.

“This tweet is a perfect example of Trump critics taking him literally but not seriously,” Fleischer tweeted. “LaVar Ball was ungrateful to the man who saved his son from Chinese prison. Did Trump really mean he'd leave them in prison? I doubt it. Was LaVar ungrateful? Yes.”

Fleischer is almost certainly right that Trump wouldn’t have left the men in jail. His neediness for praise is notable in its own right, though. He insists that he be personally and lavishly thanked for carrying out his responsibilities as president.

Time and again, Trump has blurred the lines between his own personage and his duty as president. This was made manifest in the firing of James Comey. In sworn testimony, Comey said Trump requested loyalty to himself, a demand that made the then-FBI director uncomfortable. After Comey’s firing, Kellyanne Conway said the president “expects people who are serving in his administration to be loyal to the country and to be loyal to the administration.” My colleague Peter Beinart added, “He sees no distinction between the two.”

When Puerto Ricans complained about slow and inadequate response to Hurricane Maria, Trump took any criticism of the federal government as an attack on him, personally. When pressed about the lack of appointments to upper-mid-level executive branch jobs, Trump responded that “the one that matters is me. I’m the only one that matters, because when it comes to it, that’s what the policy is going to be.”

He’s doing the same thing with the basketball players. Even discounting for bluster, it’s strange for the president to be joking about leaving Americans in overseas jails, and strange for him to seem so personally invested in the case. Even worse, since neither Trump nor LaVar Ball habitually pass up opportunities to grab headlines, the nation is probably in for several more days or weeks of this.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

yes_it has come to this.jpg
yes_it has come to this.jpg (77.08 KiB) Viewed 250 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Hey, you, Marmalade, why don't you go build a wall someplace instead of feeding your sick narcissism on Twitter? Why don't you be a real hero and bring US troops home from the killing fields?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-2 ... year-tweet

Time Accuses Trump Of Lying With "Person Of The Year" Tweet

by Tyler Durden
Nov 25, 2017 8:39 AM

As if by clockwork, president Trump has once again managed to dominated the holiday weekend news cycle, with a strategically timed, Friday afternoon tweet, in which he claimed that Time called to tell him that he was "probably" going to be named the magazine's person of the year, but that he turned the offer down.

"Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named "Man (Person) of the Year," like last year but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!" the president tweeted.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!
4:40 PM - Nov 24, 2017

Less than three hours later, Time disputed the President's narrative, effectively calling Trump a liar: "The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6," Time responded in a tweet that got approximately three times as many likes and retweets as Trump's.

TIME

@TIME
The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6.
7:27 PM - Nov 24, 2017

It is unclear why the president would (should) have a chip on his shoulder: last year, Trump was named Time's 2016 Person of the Year, shortly after his shocking victory over Hillary Clinton in the presidential election.

However, that accolade has done little to normalize relations between the president and the publication: Trump has repeaetedly and publicly derided Time for not being selected in recent years.

"Thank you @oreillyfactor for your wonderful editorial as to why I should have been @TIME Magazine's Person of the Year. You should run Time!" Trump tweeted in December 2015.

Similarly in December 2012, Trump tweeted," I knew last year that @TIME Magazine lost all credibility when they didn't include me in their Top 100... "

There appears to be a somewhat unhealthy infatuation between Trump and Time's opinion of him: in June, the WaPo reported that at least four Trump Organization golf properties had on display a fake Time Magazine with Trump on the cover and featuring flattering headlines about his reality TV show, "The Apprentice."

Trump also claimed previously, and incorrectly, that he holds the record for cover appearances on Time Magazine.

Speaking to the BBC, a former editor of the magazine, Richard Stengel, said the use of the word "probably" meant Mr Trump had missed out on the accolade. Richard Stengel referenced the report when he retweeted the president on Friday, adding the comment: "Hate to tell you but that probably means you're not Person of the Year. They just wanted a photo shoot. But I'm sure you still have that fake Time cover somewhere in storage."

Richard Stengel

@stengel
Hate to tell you but that PROBABLY means you’re NOT Person of the Year. They just wanted a photo shoot. But I’m sure you still have that fake TIME cover somewhere in storage. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 9045693441
5:12 PM - Nov 24, 2017

Which likely means that Time's Person of the Year 2017 is, for now, wide open... unless of course Time goes the GQ route and gives it to Kaepernick.