Ether's Avenue

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Ether's Avenue

Post by iWriteStuff »

"Young men, braves and warriors, who sit before you this day, let me admonish you, never to let the hand of tyranny or oppression rise in these mountains, but stand unflinchingly true by the constitution of the United States, which our fathers sealed with their blood; never suffer its provisions to be infringed upon; and if any man, or set of men form themselves into a mob in these mountains, to violate that sacred document, by taking away the civil or religious rights of any man, if he should be one of the most inferior beings that exist upon the face of the earth, be sure you crush it, or spend the last drop of blood in your veins with the words of − Truth and Liberty, Liberty and Truth, for ever!"
- George Albert Smith, J of D 1:45, July 24, 1852

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Bob Bennett (R) was replace by Mike Lee (R) as Senator in Utah. After reading this article, what you can conclude, safely, is that a whole lot of nonsense goes on in Washington and our overseers think they know what is best for us serfs. It doesn't matter which party is in control. In fact, this is the evidence that the current two-party system is criminal and diabolic. To vote for either D or R candidate in a presidential election is not to vote for the lesser of two evils. It is a vote for sheer evil because it allows for the continuation of a system that robs us of our liberty and our responsibilities as citizens.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/9200 ... nnett.html

Watergate saga changed the life of Bob Bennett
Break-in ruined his business, led to a new career
By Lee Davidson
Deseret News Washington correspondent
Published: June 16, 2002 12:00 a.m.
Updated: June 16, 2002 12:40 a.m.
© 2002 Deseret News
WASHINGTON — As another Watergate anniversary arrives — now the 30th — Sen. Bob Bennett again finds himself fielding questions about whether he was the Washington Post's "Deep Throat" informant or involved in the burglary and cover-up that, in the end, toppled Richard Nixon's presidency.

"I was not," Bennett reiterates.

He adds that former investigators tell him he was the "most-injured innocent person" among Watergate figures — dragged into the nation's biggest political scandal because of eyebrow-raising ties he had with key figures.

"It ruined my (public relations) business. It completely changed the course of my career" and evaporated early dreams, Bennett says.

But, he says, he might never have become a millionaire — and today a Republican U.S. senator from Utah — if Watergate hadn't forced him into new paths.

"I'd probably still be a lobbyist," he said.

Bennett's life changed forever 30 years ago Monday, on June 17, 1972, the day GOP operatives were caught breaking into Democratic offices in the Watergate Hotel. He would soon be summoned to testify before investigative committees and would be examined for years by the news media and authors of books about the scandal that took on the hotel's name.

"The reason doesn't seem logical now," he says. "But in those paranoid times, it made sense because of ties I had."

They include:
"I employed Howard Hunt," an ex-CIA agent and architect of the break-in, Bennett says. He adds it's "a near certainty" that Hunt planned Watergate in the offices of Robert Mullen & Co., a public relations and lobbying firm, founded by a press secretary for President Eisenhower, that Bennett had purchased. "Howard worked for me part time, and for the White House part time," Bennett says, adding he didn't know then what Hunt did for the White House.

"I had been in the Nixon administration at a relatively high level, and I had a number of contacts at the White House," Bennett says. He had worked in the Transportation Department and also worked for years in Washington as an aide to his father, former Sen. Wallace Bennett, R-Utah. He knew officials in the Nixon administration so well that many thought he was the "Deep Throat" informant that helped Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein crack Watergate cover-ups.

"Mullen & Co. was a front for the CIA," Bennett says — adding he didn't know that until after he bought the company and discovered contracts allowing the CIA to use its foreign offices as fronts for its operations. Bennett said that helped fuel speculation either that the CIA was trying to spy on Nixon (which some of his aides claimed) or that Nixon used the CIA for political espionage.

Watergate burglars broke into the offices of Lawrence O'Brien, whom Bennett had replaced as the public relations handler for billionaire Howard Hughes. "That coincidence made many reporters say I was someone they better look at closely," Bennett said.

Bennett was tied somewhat to recruitment of political spies. Hunt had approached a nephew of Bennett, Robert Fletcher, to work for Nixon's campaign. When he wasn't interested, Fletcher suggested Brigham Young University student Thomas Gregory.

Gregory became a GOP spy in Democratic Party offices. He was even asked to help with a break-in by leaving doors unlocked. Gregory was troubled by such requests and came to Bennett for advice. Bennett says he recommended that he quit.

Congressional investigators later asked why Bennett had not warned authorities that he was told a break-in might be planned. Bennett said he had consulted with a lawyer who told him he didn't know anything truly concrete, and he thought any break-in may have been prevented when Gregory left.

Bennett also acknowledged to investigators that he once agreed to help Watergate figure Charles Colson hire a woman to spy from the inside on the Ed Muskie campaign. However, he said he never actually did it.

Bennett was involved in other frowned-upon activities. For example, he lied to the press about whether Mullen & Co. had ties to the CIA. He says his contract required him to deny any such ties. He also acknowledged he once sought information on how much it would cost to bug the office of writer Clifford Irving, who was writing a book about Howard Hughes. Bennett said Hughes officials sought that at a time of high emotion; cooler heads later prevailed, and no bugging occurred.

With all that, questions arose for years about whether Bennett was involved in planning Watergate — or was possibly Woodward's source, Deep Throat.

Nixon himself once believed Bennett was Deep Throat, according to a book by his chief of staff, H.R. Haldeman. Many other Watergate figures also have speculated that Bennett was that informant. Bennett was even quoted by name as a source by Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in their Watergate book, "All the President's Men."

Bennett said, "My standard reply is that if I were Deep Throat, I would have gone on the lecture circuit and gotten rich."

Many books speculate that Bennett was in on Watergate planning, but Bennett says investigative committees did not agree — and ruled that he did nothing wrong.

He said a top investigator for the Rockefeller Commission's inquiry told him years ago, "We've come upon many innocent people who were hurt by this. But I can't think of anyone who has been more damaged and destroyed than you."

Bennett notes that Mullen & Co. was destroyed by Watergate. "I lost all my clients but one," and he realized that dreams of possibly running for the U.S. Senate in Utah in 1976 were dead.

Bennett said he ended up working full time for his one remaining client, Howard Hughes, and became a vice president of his Summa Corp. But when Hughes died, he said new corporate officials "fired all the Mormons."

Bennett said he was in his late 40s, and no one would hire him. The only work he found was working with start-up or troubled companies. His experience in helping them led him eventually to time-management company Franklin Quest. He helped it grow into a giant, and he became a multimillionaire.

"I can see now that wouldn't have happened without Watergate," he said. It also allowed him to build a reputation and wealth that allowed him to run for the Senate in 1992 — when he knew Watergate would be an issue.

"Wayne Owens (his opponent) tried his very, very best to make it a campaign issue, but nobody was interested," Bennett said.

"Our research at the time showed that it wasn't that people didn't believe what he was saying, it was just that they didn't care," Bennett said. He went on to win that race and subsequently a second term.

One day in the Senate, Bennett said he was talking with Sen. Fred Thompson, R-Tenn., who as an investigator with the Senate Watergate Committee had once interviewed Bennett for 3 1/2 hours about his role. When Bennett said that, Thompson couldn't remember it.

"He said, 'I have absolutely no memory of that. You must have been a minor figure,' " Bennett said.

He adds that he hopes and expects that more people will come to the same conclusion.

"I don't think that many people care about Watergate anymore. It's been a long time," he said. "I think people will probably quit caring (about anniversaries) once the identity of Deep Throat is finally revealed."

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: May 13th, 2017, 8:58 am "I don't think that many people care about Watergate anymore. It's been a long time," he said. "I think people will probably quit caring (about anniversaries) once the identity of Deep Throat is finally revealed."
People are more concerned about "Deep Comey" these days.

Been offline visiting with family the last few days.... The one remaining Trump supporter among them (long time fan) is still convinced that this is all a conspiracy to bring down Trump and that Obama was even worse. I would grant him that Obama was worse, but he also wasn't as careless as this. The only way Trump survives Comey Gate is if he really has been bought off by deep state secret combinations because only they could protect him from himself. The man can't help but dig his own hole using his mouth.

I'm guessing this is the election cycle where they really unmask themselves. Already it is becoming increasingly obvious that the actors on the screen aren't competent enough to run the whole show.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Is this a sign of Gadianton?
trumpeachment.jpg
trumpeachment.jpg (116.62 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Pence is happily waiting in the wings.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I find it amusing to point out to my Mormon friends that USA mormons are a conquered people.

Many of them seem to take comfort in the restrictions the Babylonian Gads put on the church.

I find it curious when I hear mormons pray for providence to help protect and sustain Babylon and the Gads.

The strength and influence of the false dichotomy is amazing.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

tribrac wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:22 am
THIS ^^^^ This is the part I don't understand. The warnings are all over the scriptures about political polarization, factions, divisions among the people, Gadianton combinations, etc. How do we read the scriptures and not see that Mormon was pointing a long finger at US? For OUR day?

I'm monitoring Trump supporter sites and seeing them get all hopped up and angry, vowing violent resistance if Trump is impeached, "blood in the streets" type of talk. You see evidence of the left mobilizing militarily and prepping for conflict. This is all straight out of the Book of Mormon, but rather than cry repentance we spend all our time talking about whether we side with Shiz or Coriantumr!

It's a trap, and you don't find your way out of it by believing either side will lead you to victory. Only repentance leads to victory!

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

iWriteStuff wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:35 am
tribrac wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:22 am
THIS ^^^^ This is the part I don't understand. The warnings are all over the scriptures about political polarization, factions, divisions among the people, Gadianton combinations, etc. How do we read the scriptures and not see that Mormon was pointing a long finger at US? For OUR day?

I'm monitoring Trump supporter sites and seeing them get all hopped up and angry, vowing violent resistance if Trump is impeached, "blood in the streets" type of talk. You see evidence of the left mobilizing militarily and prepping for conflict. This is all straight out of the Book of Mormon, but rather than cry repentance we spend all our time talking about whether we side with Shiz or Coriantumr!

It's a trap, and you don't find your way out of it by believing either side will lead you to victory. Only repentance leads to victory!

But isn't that one of Satans oldest tricks....that life would be grand if only (______) were out of the picture.

I think it is so powerful because of our innate longing for self determination and self preservation. It feels unnatural to surrender those feelings and trust Him to repair all damage, right all wrongs, correct injustices, etc. clever and manipulative politicians seize on those inner fears.

In any event, I fear we in the US are not long until there is blood. I hope I am wrong. I hope there is a peaceful way to find common ground. But the rhetoric is getting more devisive and the masses are feeling more insecure.

I wonder how different groups of people might react if all the political hyperbole about fighting turns to real fighting.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Some interesting thoughts by President John Taylor:
"Democracy governs by the people alone; and, as was stated this morning, where the people are pure and living under the influence of correct principles, and are seeking to do right, it is one of the best governments on the earth. But where the people are wicked and corrupt, that alters the case very materially. It is not with us as it is with democracy. We do not believe that any people are capable of governing themselves. There is no need of entering into an argument upon the matter before this congregation; but it is my opinion that there are no people under the heavens that now exist, nor are there any that ever did exist, that are capable of governing themselves.

"There have been a variety of governments on the earth, and very powerful ones too have existed in different ages of the world. Those governments have generally been established and maintained by force of arms − by power... We have one of the best human Governments upon the earth governed by the voice of the people, and yet we are divided, torn assunder and confused... The principles of human government, as now practised, are wrong; for what man knows the things of God? What human wisdom can dictate to the inhabitants of a world? Human governments have always been fluctuating and changeable. They have their rise, their progress, and fall, and have always contained within themselves the elements of their own destruction. The proper mode of government is this − God first speaks, and then the people have their action. It is for them to say whether they will have his dictation or not."
- John Taylor, J of D, April 6, 1861

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/p ... post/2209/

Click on the link and go to page 5 of the transcript there. Putin giving money to Trump which was known by Republican party leadership prior to Trump receiving the Republican Party nomination. More proof that the 2 party system is diabolical.

Old news: The Democratic National Committee conspired against Bernie Sanders so Hillary could get the nomination.

Everyone understand now? Both parties and 99.9% of their respective leadership teams (including the Narcissist In Chief) will do nothing to restore justice and constitutional principles.

I'm so glad I voted for Darrell Castle.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

What party did Joseph Smith belong to?
"I have not come to tell you to vote this way, that way, or the other in relation to National matters. I want it to go abroad to the whole world that every man should stand on his own merits, the Lord has not given me Revelation concerning politics — I have not asked the Lord for it. I am a third party stand independent and alone. I desire to see all parties protected in their rights."
- Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, August 6, 1843
When did we get the idea that we had to be Republicans to be good members of the church? When did "Independent" become a code word for "closet liberal"?

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

As Simpleton noted earlier, the church has a streak of misfortune when dealing with either political party. Both have abused us whenever it was politically expedient. Why do we still profess dogged loyalty to them when they kick us so frequently?
"I then told him that every man exercised the right of suffrage according to his better judgment, and without any ecclesiastical restraint being put upon him; that it was all false about a Revelation on voting; and the reason of our voting that ticket was in consequence of the Democratic principles having been taught us from our infancy, and that they ever extended equal rights to all; and further we had been much persecuted previous to that time--many threatenings being made from the counties round about, as well as among us, by those who took the lead in political affairs. It was true we advised our brethren to vote this ticket, telling them we thought that party would protect our rights, and not suffer us to be driven from our lands, as we had hitherto been; believing it to be by far the most liberal party; but in that we were mistaken, because when it came to the test, there were as many Democrats turned against us as Whigs (future Republican party); and indeed less liberality and political freedom were manifested by them; for one Whig paper came out decidedly in our favor."
- Joseph Smith, History of the Church, February 22, 1840

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Off topic but I can't help it:
image.png
image.png (123.01 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (88.32 KiB) Viewed 1586 times

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Ever have one of those threads where you discover you're the only guy posting? Dang, I feel like dconrad000 now!
monologue.jpg
monologue.jpg (29.13 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

:)) ^^

This is an excellent thread, iwritestuff - keep it going, brother!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

iWriteStuff wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:57 pm Some interesting thoughts by President John Taylor:
"Democracy governs by the people alone; and, as was stated this morning, where the people are pure and living under the influence of correct principles, and are seeking to do right, it is one of the best governments on the earth. But where the people are wicked and corrupt, that alters the case very materially. It is not with us as it is with democracy. We do not believe that any people are capable of governing themselves. There is no need of entering into an argument upon the matter before this congregation; but it is my opinion that there are no people under the heavens that now exist, nor are there any that ever did exist, that are capable of governing themselves.

"There have been a variety of governments on the earth, and very powerful ones too have existed in different ages of the world. Those governments have generally been established and maintained by force of arms − by power... We have one of the best human Governments upon the earth governed by the voice of the people, and yet we are divided, torn assunder and confused... The principles of human government, as now practised, are wrong; for what man knows the things of God? What human wisdom can dictate to the inhabitants of a world? Human governments have always been fluctuating and changeable. They have their rise, their progress, and fall, and have always contained within themselves the elements of their own destruction. The proper mode of government is this − God first speaks, and then the people have their action. It is for them to say whether they will have his dictation or not."
- John Taylor, J of D, April 6, 1861
YES!! :YMAPPLAUSE: :X *-:) :-BD I had never seen this quote before - THANK YOU for posting it! I am now stealing it and putting it on my FB page and other pertinent places, and emailing it out. Thank you again.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Thanks EmmaLee! I thought I was a dog barking in the night at parked cars. Here's another good one:
"Are there any Democrats, any Whigs, any Methodists, and Baptists, or anything like the parties and sects of the day among us? No. What is there? Those who want to do the will of their Father in heaven—and when they can know his will, and their faith is one—their hope is one, they are one in all things. The world complains of us with regard to our politics... And enquire, 'are there any Democrats here? Are there any Republicans here?' We do not care who rules; we are satisfied with God, who setteth up one man, and casteth down another."
- Brigham Young
As Brigham says, we should feel free to set party aside and worship God. Our faith in God dictates our course of action, not our political party. Funny that party loyalty is one of the chief characteristics of practicing Latter Day Saints now. When did it become so?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I don't know. It is an interesting phenomenon, for sure. I know people, on both sides (or should I say, in both major parties) who do indeed put their political party or politician above God/the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is baffling, and seems to take precedence in many members lives today - at least going by what I see people talking about on various and sundry venues. We've lost the big picture, IMO. We're so caught up in the day-to-day we don't know what the end goal is anymore. I suffer from this, too, and need to put things in the right perspective as much as anyone.

I told one of my sons the other day - and I truly believe this - that if we could leave the earth for a moment, and hover above our world, looking down at it, I believe we would see it completely shrouded in a thick, swirling darkness - and we would wonder that we ever get anything right, because the evil that we are facing is so extreme and in your face, while ironically, at the same time is (or can be) so well hidden. A paradox. Anyway, I think the strange allegiance to political parties or politicians is just one symptom of this. Thanks again for your posts in this thread - I am soaking up what you're sharing.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

EmmaLee wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 10:36 am I don't know. It is an interesting phenomenon, for sure. I know people, on both sides (or should I say, in both major parties) who do indeed put their political party or politician above God/the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is baffling, and seems to take precedence in many members lives today - at least going by what I see people talking about on various and sundry venues. We've lost the big picture, IMO. We're so caught up in the day-to-day we don't know what the end goal is anymore. I suffer from this, too, and need to put things in the right perspective as much as anyone.

I told one of my sons the other day - and I truly believe this - that if we could leave the earth for a moment, and hover above our world, looking down at it, I believe we would see it completely shrouded in a thick, swirling darkness - and we would wonder that we ever get anything right, because the evil that we are facing is so extreme and in your face, while ironically, at the same time is (or can be) so well hidden. A paradox. Anyway, I think the strange allegiance to political parties or politicians is just one symptom of this. Thanks again for your posts in this thread - I am soaking up what you're sharing.
I think we get swept into the fray because we have almost come to think of parties and political opinions as a birthright. How many of us weren't given at least a glimmer of a political background in our upbringing? It would be almost impossible for me to imagine my family, immediate and extended, going even one reunion without political discourse. And we're just the little people. I think it is the symptom of a fracturing society - we are increasingly polarized each and every day. We're more apart on the political spectrum now than we've ever been, and it only gets worse as the stakes get higher.

What would happen if we took a step back and refocused our efforts? Better question: is there any sin in remaining free of political party affiliation? Brigham didn't think so:
"Here is a great bone of contention with regard to political affairs. The world says; 'Why do not these Latter-day Saints get up their mass meetings and sustain this, that or the other man, and be like other people in the political point of view?' Why do we not sustain these advocates who are now in the field, and join, and be one with some one or other of the political parties of the country? We have no desire to do so, that is the reason."
- Brigham Young
Brigham wanted to focus on building Zion, not a political party.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Agreed. Divide and conquer has always worked well for the Adversary.

As for Zion - I remember a few discussions (polite word for it) in Gospel Doctrine class over the last year or so, where no two people in a group of 40+ active, recommend-holding members could even agree on what 'Zion' was/is/should be. I think we will have to be compelled (by the Lord preaching his own sermons) to come to agreements on what it even is. :ymsigh:

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... tion,_2016

Presidential ticket Party Ballot access Votes[3][246] Percentage
States Electors % of voters
Trump / Pence Republican 50 + DC 538 100% 62,984,825 46.09%
Clinton / Kaine Democratic 50 + DC 538 100% 65,853,516 48.18%
Johnson / Weld Libertarian 50 + DC 538 100% 4,489,221 3.28%
Stein / Baraka Green 44 + DC 480 89% 1,457,216 1.07%
McMullin / Finn Independent 11 84 15% 731,788 0.54%
Castle / Bradley Constitution 24 207 39% 203,010 0.15%

46.09 + 48.18 = 94.27% Which means that the voice of the people overwhelmingly chose evil.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

.....After a while the Gentiles will gather by the thousands to this place, and Salt Lake City will be classed among the wicked cities of the world. A spirit of speculation and extravagance will take possession of the Saints,( happening as we speak) and the results will be financial bondage. Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to a test that will try the integrity of the best of them. The pressure will become so great that the more righteous among them will cry unto the Lord day and night until deliverance comes..... ( To me the above is the hope, cry day and night for deliverance. )

Then the Prophet Joseph and others will make their appearance and those who have remained faithful will be selected to return to Jackson County, Missouri and take part in the building of that beautiful city, the New Jerusalem. (Heber C. Kimball, May 1868)

And then the above reward to those that "REMAIN FAITHFUL" praying day and night for deliverance...

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

simpleton wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 1:14 pm .....After a while the Gentiles will gather by the thousands to this place, and Salt Lake City will be classed among the wicked cities of the world. A spirit of speculation and extravagance will take possession of the Saints,( happening as we speak) and the results will be financial bondage. Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to a test that will try the integrity of the best of them. The pressure will become so great that the more righteous among them will cry unto the Lord day and night until deliverance comes..... ( To me the above is the hope, cry day and night for deliverance. )

Then the Prophet Joseph and others will make their appearance and those who have remained faithful will be selected to return to Jackson County, Missouri and take part in the building of that beautiful city, the New Jerusalem. (Heber C. Kimball, May 1868)

And then the above reward to those that "REMAIN FAITHFUL" praying day and night for deliverance...
Was that Journal of Discourses or some other location?

I can add a second witness to the "spirit of speculation and extravagance". I lived in SLC during the real estate boom of 2005-2008 and had some close friends, former mission companions, in the mortgage industry there. They were getting rich so quick they didn't know how to spend their money, so they blew it on luxury toys and huge houses. It corrupted some to the point where they would mock temple covenants by giving each other the signs and tokens from the endowment while laughing about it on a public street. It disgusted me.

I got out of there as fast as I could. I could live almost anywhere but SLC now. There is a wickedness in some quarters there that only God Himself will be able to root out.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 12:22 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... tion,_2016

Presidential ticket Party Ballot access Votes[3][246] Percentage
States Electors % of voters
Trump / Pence Republican 50 + DC 538 100% 62,984,825 46.09%
Clinton / Kaine Democratic 50 + DC 538 100% 65,853,516 48.18%
Johnson / Weld Libertarian 50 + DC 538 100% 4,489,221 3.28%
Stein / Baraka Green 44 + DC 480 89% 1,457,216 1.07%
McMullin / Finn Independent 11 84 15% 731,788 0.54%
Castle / Bradley Constitution 24 207 39% 203,010 0.15%

46.09 + 48.18 = 94.27% Which means that the voice of the people overwhelmingly chose evil.
The question for me is whether they knowingly chose evil or whether they did so indirectly as the "lesser of two" argument.

Or perhaps a better point to make is that over 40% of voters didn't choose at all:
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/voter-turnout-2016/

According to the United States Election Project, an average of 59.7 percent of eligible voters cast their ballots.

How crazy is that? And where would we be if 100% of voters actually stood up to be counted? Nearly 92 million people said nothing.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes.

Benjamin Disraeli