The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

What do the scriptures teach us about the earth?

The Earth is a globe.
67%
The Earth is Flat like a terrarium (a dome).
14%
The Earth is a globe and hollow.
15%
The Earth is Flat and hollow.
3%

Total votes: 98
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

Post by Joel »

larsenb wrote:
Joel wrote:
larsenb wrote: Of course, I would never reveal to this friend that I hang out on this blog . Too embarrassing.
=)) :ymhug:
Appropriate reaction.

But don't forget the upside that I mentioned: "At least this forum is one where you can bring up almost anything. In this respect, a very open minded place."
It is a fun place!

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

Post by oneClimbs »

JohnnyL wrote:5tev3, have you watched one of the many videos posted, read anything on it, etc.?
Alma says... what? exactly that means the planets are spheres?
Yeah, I watched several. This isn't the first time I've heard of the theory. I've seen many theories from hollow earth to you name it. D&C 130 refers to earth as "a planet" and says that the angels and God reside "on a globe." Because words and their meanings are important, the 1828 dictionary defines "globe" as "A round or spherical solid body; a ball; a sphere; a body whose surface is in every part equidistant from the center." If earth becomes a celestial world, would it inflate from a flat body to a globe? If everything floating in space is a sphere, why is it so bad of a thing that the earth is.

I just don't buy the flat earth theory at all, I never have. I've seen some interesting and perplexing things but nothing that can't be explained within reason. I'm about as open-minded as you can get but I don't see where the earth being a pancake or a ball makes much of a difference. If earth is a ball, there's no harm done, this is a big universe with innumerable planets. God created worlds without end which means that those planets we see out there are probably among those he was talking about. Ancients had no clue that other stars had worlds around them, but we know that now. Would there be other pancake-like bodies out there? Why do spheres work fine for other planets, but the earth has to be a pancake? Doesn't make sense. We can observe other planets like Venus and Mars, they have atmospheres, they spin, they are spheres. Why would earth be completely different? I just don't see how God's purposes are helped or harmed by earth being flat, other than supporting man's old suppositions about how the universe is based on how they interpret ancient writings. The scriptures don't demand a flat earth so why should we?

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Joel wrote:
larsenb wrote:
Joel wrote:
larsenb wrote: Of course, I would never reveal to this friend that I hang out on this blog . Too embarrassing.
Appropriate reaction.

But don't forget the upside that I mentioned: "At least this forum is one where you can bring up almost anything. In this respect, a very open minded place."
It is a fun place!
Their minds are so open their brains are falling out. Seriously there are limits to being open-minded. Yeah I suppose a fun place to preach false doctrine and corrupt the truth - most on LDSFF have no interest in truth, but justifying sin and preaching corruption. The new fun...

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Spaced_Out wrote:
Joel wrote:
larsenb wrote:
Joel wrote:
Appropriate reaction.

It is a fun place!
. . . . . Their minds are so open their brains are falling out. :)) Seriously there are limits to being open-minded. . . .
Can't really argue with that

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

larsenb wrote:
larsenb wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
larsenb wrote:I'll never cease to be amazed at what people convince themselves to believe in.
That's exactly how ripliancum feels about your belief in Mesoamerica BoM, too.
Interesting, eh? ;)
Not really. However, Ripliancum's arguments and 'evidence' are very similar in 'type' to those in support of the flat earth . . . or maybe to the Epicycle theory used to describe and explain the movement of the planets in the ancient Greek world ;)
I get it--whatever YOU have been brainwashed into believing, it's true. Confirmation bias will make sure you don't look too deep or lose your moorings, make sure you overlook or quickly scoff away whatever doesn't fit.

Everything else that contradicts or questions what you have been brainwashed into believing=moronic/ idiotic, etc., and everyone who contradicts or questions, morons/ idiots/ etc. :ymsigh:

Please, give an answer to the laser question. If you can't, I guess that means you have something that contradicts your belief about spherical earth, right? No, because someone smart guy will come up with an answer. Whoops, except it's been a long time, and no one has.

It reminds me of how anit-M's work. Take the weakest argument, show it's weak, then dismiss everything else along with it--voila! Dumb Mormons!! It's what happens with most every conspiracy there is. If I be blunt about it, it's based on emotions and bias, not on science.

For every GR verse or quote or whatever you come up with, I could probably come up with hundreds of "official" contradictions from the MSM and MSS--but we both know the truth.

No one (I think) is trying to force, make, or persuade you or others to accept and believe in a flat earth. Ignore the laser problem. Ignore other problems. Or believe in what you want if you must-- but be open to truth, wherever it leads, whatever beliefs we must change. And maybe if we're open to that, we can actually truly believe the truths we believe.

PS Sometimes, the ancients had it closer to the truth than we did. ;)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

JohnnyL wrote:
larsenb wrote:
larsenb wrote:
JohnnyL wrote: That's exactly how ripliancum feels about your belief in Mesoamerica BoM, too.
Interesting, eh? ;)
Not really. However, Ripliancum's arguments and 'evidence' are very similar in 'type' to those in support of the flat earth . . . or maybe to the Epicycle theory used to describe and explain the movement of the planets in the ancient Greek world ;)
I get it--whatever YOU have been brainwashed into believing, it's true. Confirmation bias will make sure you don't look too deep or lose your moorings, make sure you overlook or quickly scoff away whatever doesn't fit.

Everything else that contradicts or questions what you have been brainwashed into believing=moronic/ idiotic, etc., and everyone who contradicts or questions, morons/ idiots/ etc. :ymsigh:

Please, give an answer to the laser question. If you can't, I guess that means you have something that contradicts your belief about spherical earth, right? No, because someone smart guy will come up with an answer. Whoops, except it's been a long time, and no one has.

It reminds me of how anit-M's work. Take the weakest argument, show it's weak, then dismiss everything else along with it--voila! Dumb Mormons!! It's what happens with most every conspiracy there is. If I be blunt about it, it's based on emotions and bias, not on science.

For every GR verse or quote or whatever you come up with, I could probably come up with hundreds of "official" contradictions from the MSM and MSS--but we both know the truth.

No one (I think) is trying to force, make, or persuade you or others to accept and believe in a flat earth. Ignore the laser problem. Ignore other problems. Or believe in what you want if you must-- but be open to truth, wherever it leads, whatever beliefs we must change. And maybe if we're open to that, we can actually truly believe the truths we believe.

Good grief. Obviously you have strong feelings about this issue. It's simply one I've never had an inkling anyone took serious.

What is the laser problem or question, by the way? Can you phrase and explain it in your own words?? That is always a biggie for me in determining if someone understands what they are trying to push or convince other people of.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

5tev3 wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:5tev3, have you watched one of the many videos posted, read anything on it, etc.?
Alma says... what? exactly that means the planets are spheres?
Yeah, I watched several. This isn't the first time I've heard of the theory. I've seen many theories from hollow earth to you name it. D&C 130 refers to earth as "a planet" and says that the angels and God reside "on a globe." Because words and their meanings are important, the 1828 dictionary defines "globe" as "A round or spherical solid body; a ball; a sphere; a body whose surface is in every part equidistant from the center." If earth becomes a celestial world, would it inflate from a flat body to a globe? If everything floating in space is a sphere, why is it so bad of a thing that the earth is.
It's not "so bad of a thing", and I'm wondering who has ever said that here.
But you're choosing one verse over many, many others--but since you have read the linked article, you would already know that.

I just don't buy the flat earth theory at all, I never have. I've seen some interesting and perplexing things but nothing that can't be explained within reason. I'm about as open-minded as you can get but I don't see where the earth being a pancake or a ball makes much of a difference. If earth is a ball, there's no harm done, this is a big universe with innumerable planets. God created worlds without end which means that those planets we see out there are probably among those he was talking about. Ancients had no clue that other stars had worlds around them, but we know that now.
Except that research shows some ancients had incredible understandings. Not only that, Abraham? Brother of Jared? Moses?

Would there be other pancake-like bodies out there? Why do spheres work fine for other planets, but the earth has to be a pancake? Doesn't make sense.
Doesn't SEEM to make sense, I can agree to that, it that is the case.

We can observe other planets like Venus and Mars, they have atmospheres, they spin, they are spheres. Why would earth be completely different? I just don't see how God's purposes are helped or harmed by earth being flat, other than supporting man's old suppositions about how the universe is based on how they interpret ancient writings. The scriptures don't demand a flat earth so why should we?
Once more, who is DEMANDING a flat earth, lol?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

larsenb wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
larsenb wrote:
larsenb wrote:

Good grief. Obviously you have strong feelings about this issue. It's simply one I've never had an inkling anyone took serious.

What is the laser problem or question, by the way? Can you phrase and explain it in your own words?? That is always a biggie for me in determining if someone understands what they are trying to push or convince other people of.
And... that's what I figured. :ymapplause: i-)

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

JohnnyL wrote:Once more, who is DEMANDING a flat earth, lol?
Haha, flat earth people who seem hellbent to prove it's flat!

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

JohnnyL wrote:And... that's what I figured. :ymapplause: i-)
Take an plane and fly on the same latitude and you will end up where you started. You are saying every surveyor and every cosmonaut and every person looking after those thousands of satellites in space that fly round the earth every 24 hours are all brain washed. When the early explores did not encounter an end to the earth it was proven beyond doubt that we are on a round planet. The very phisic propertis you attempt to use to prove the earth is flat undeniable prove that the earth is a round planet like every other planet in the solar system. The earth mass and gravity and dimensions are precisely calculated and looking at the gravity effect of the earth on the other planets and the moon it corresponds 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% Those that believe the earth is flat have a serous brain leakage..

One of my many degrees include a masters in GIS and Remote sensing I have worked extensively with satellite imagery and aerial photographs as well as coordinate systems and have a sound knowledge of the earth having lived in the Northern and southern hemispheres where one can view heavenly bodies (moon and stars) from different perspectives such perspectives are impossible with a flat earth. In the Temple they show the earth as a round planet.

You say we are the one brainwahsed :-\ :-\

Jerzy Michał Pawlak, PhD in High Energy Physics (experimental)
Written 4 May 2015
That is actually an interesting question, I'm wondering now how flat could a fast rotating planet get, before it starts to break apart... But I can't imagine how such super-fast rotating planet could be created, so it is a rather academic exercise.

Planets are spheres, because gravity gets them into this shape. If you try to build a "flat planet", with sufficient mass to deserve the name of a planet, then the pressure of the remote layers on the central part of it would be high enough to crush it and have the planet assume spherical shape as central parts are pushed out by infalling remote parts. Also, any seas on such planet would gravitate towards its centre, as the gravity would not be perpendicular to the surface of such planet.

Alan Bustany, Trinity Wrangler, Owner of 200mm Dobsonian Telescope
Written 5 May 2015
The International Astronomical Union's definition of a planet includes:
has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape)
Actually that "nearly round shape" is slightly flattened by the spin of the planet so that planets approximate the shape of an oblate spheroid. The oblateness will increase with the rate of spin creating a "flatter" planet, but this is limited by the ability of the planet to "hold itself together" at high rates of spin.
A truly flat "pancake" shaped planet therefore does not exist.

No, well before an object gets anywhere near being planet sized its own mass is too strong to hold it in any shape other than spherical.
Most rocky planets start of as liquid, but even a minor planet such as Ceres 0.00015 times less massive than Earth, is so heavy that the rocks it is made from collapse under their own weight.

3.5k Views · View Upvotes
Bob Singer
Bob Singer, Amateur astronomer since my teens, in the space biz since 1974
Written 6 May 2015
Gravity pulls planetary sized objects into spheres. The reason planets appear spherical is because gravity compresses the planet into a shape that most evenly distributes the gravitational force among the planet’s mass. All the surface is at a general equal distance from the center. Additionally, Whether it is shaping water droplets, stars, soap bubbles or planets, nature seeks to minimize the surface area needed to contain a given volume, and the shape that keeps volume at the absolute minimum a sphere.

Any object in weightless space larger than a couple of hundred miles in diameter has enough mass for its gravity to overcome large-scale irregularities and force it into a spherical shape. This gravitational compression also generates significant amounts of heat at the center of the planet. This heat melts, or at least softens, any solid materials within the planet, facilitating the planet’s collapse into a spherical shape.

Objects in space smaller than about 100 miles in diameter, such as most asteroids, comet nuclei and small moons, lack the mass to create a gravitational field strong enough to compress themselves into spheres. so they have odd looking shapes instead.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Joel wrote:
The Mandela effect is a glitch in the matrix simulation, this theory explains why we never see the real earth and stars its all CGI, it's why Antarctica is a lot bigger and probably goes on a lot further like admaral Byrd said. It's why things have changed, how can someone change things in our memories, books and films changing in our houses, the Bible changing.
This explains all of it.

Many people including top physicists and entrepreneurs such as Elon Musk Lee that we could be living within a simulation possibly run by a future generation of ourselves possibly by an alien or some kind of advanced Extra-Terrestrial advanced life form, but all the maths work out, as you can see there are signs to show that we are living in a simulated universe, for those who are experiencing it, it's very real, is this a glitch or has a variable changed, and if so what does that mean to us?.
So fun to think about. Is the spirit world base reality and our world is a simulation to determine how much power / what kind of body with which you can be entrusted. Do we sleep so our spirits can unplug and interact and dreams are so weird because our physical minds have no guide while our spirits are elsewhere? Upon return information only travels one way so our awoken minds are none the wiser? Are women artificial constructs to produce an unending stream of illogical trials for Gods in training which is why women don't even understand themselves?

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Kitkat wrote:Anyone have any thoughts as the why the UN has the flat earth map on their flag? A false flag perhaps :D

A flag is two dimensional. It's impossible to put anything but a flat earth on a flag.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

5tev3 wrote:
Steve, show me a post where that's it, can you? No, but I can show you quite a few who are hellbent not just on proving that it's a sphere, but that anyone believing otherwise is ludicrous. Seriously?

Check your Shadow...

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

JohnnyL wrote:
larsenb wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
larsenb wrote: Not really. However, Ripliancum's arguments and 'evidence' are very similar in 'type' to those in support of the flat earth . . . or maybe to the Epicycle theory used to describe and explain the movement of the planets in the ancient Greek world ;)

And... that's what I figured. :ymapplause: i-)
What is it you figured?? You lost me.

You mentioned something about the importance of the "laser test". I'm just asking what that is and if you can explain what it is in your own words and why it is so important. Can you??

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

JohnnyL wrote:
5tev3 wrote:
Steve, show me a post where that's it, can you? No, but I can show you quite a few who are hellbent not just on proving that it's a sphere, but that anyone believing otherwise is ludicrous. Seriously?

Check your Shadow...
Check the poll this thread is based on, they may not be posting in this thread but search the forum, they are amomg us. I've been here since '08. Overall, I'm mostly just wondering out loud at how a person could believe such a thing. Not calling out anyone in particular.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Robin Hood wrote:I conducted my own experiment a few months ago.
I live on the coast and was on the beach looking at some ships in the distance. As I stood and focused on a particular craft that was moving away from the shore and out to the open sea, I noticed it disappear below the horizon. This, we are told, is the result of the earth's curvature. However, I had my binoculars with me so I zoomed in on the horizon and the ship was once again in full view. Therefore the disappearance of the ship was not due to the curvature of the earth, but to perspective.

This does not prove that the earth is flat, but it does demonstrate, to me at least, that one of the most commonly cited evidences that it is spherical turns out to prove no such thing.

And it doesn't help that all the NASA images of the earth are, by their own admission, CGI composites. There may well be good reasons for this, but to those who suspect they are up to no good, it is further evidence of a conspiracy.
Here would be the next step of your experiment:

Next time you're on the beach with your binocs, wait until the ship disappears when viewed w/naked eye. Then focus on the ship w/your binocs . . . . while either keeping your binocs focused on the ship, or check it from time to time. I predict, even w/the binocs, the ship will once more appear to recede below the horizon.

I strongly suspect, you've encountered the interplay between the optical magnification effect, and perhaps refraction. Limits of the effect will be governed by the limits of magnification in relation to the size of the ship and the limit of the effects due to refraction.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

larsenb wrote:
I live on the coast and was on the beach looking at some ships in the distance. As I stood and focused on a particular craft that was moving away from the shore and out to the open sea, I noticed it disappear below the horizon. This, we are told, is the result of the earth's curvature. However, I had my binoculars with me so I zoomed in on the horizon and the ship was once again in full view. Therefore the disappearance of the ship was not due to the curvature of the earth, but to perspective.

This does not prove that the earth is flat, but it does demonstrate, to me at least, that one of the most commonly cited evidences that it is spherical turns out to prove no such thing.

And it doesn't help that all the NASA images of the earth are, by their own admission, CGI composites. There may well be good reasons for this, but to those who suspect they are up to no good, it is further evidence of a conspiracy.

Next time you're on the beach with your binocs, wait until the ship disappears when viewed w/naked eye. Then focus on the ship w/your binocs . . . . while either keeping your binocs focused on the ship, or check it from time to time. I predict, even w/the binocs, the ship will once more appear to recede below the horizon.

I strongly suspect, you've encountered the interplay between the optical magnification effect, and perhaps refraction. Limits of the effect will be governed by the limits of magnification in relation to the size of the ship and the limit of the effects due to refraction.

Irrespective the size of your magnification the ship will disappear over the horizon with the hull of the ship disappearing first due to curvature of the earth, then if you went up a tall building on the coast line and using the same magnification the ship will come into view for a short time again despite the distance being marginally further due to the height of the building you are on. All rocket and missile systems, radar and navigation systems take the curvature of the earth into account.
Below is a simple activity on how to measure the curvature of the earth. This is one way ancient sailors knew that the Earth must be rounded like a hill. They could see the tall masts of ships long after their hulls as the boats receded far away. To see why this effect occurs, look at the diagram below:

Activity: Measuring the Earth's Curvature http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~dns/tea ... ECAct.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looking at the following diagram you can see that if you watched the sunset from a low point of view and then got up really quickly you might be able to witness the sunset twice in one day.

Here is a quick experiment, designed to show that the earth is round and to calculate its circumference. It is easy to do if you are in the right location. Unfortunately, in order to do this experiment properly you must have a clear view of the sunset or sunrise over the ocean. The idea behind the experiment is this: if the Earth is round, then objects which travel away from you along the surface of the Earth will disappear from view at a certain distance. More interesting is that they disappear from the bottom up. Think of a friend walking over a hill. If you watch her from one side of the hill as she walks over the hill, her feet will disappear first and then her legs and body followed by her head. This is one way ancient sailors knew that the Earth must be rounded like a hill. They could see the tall masts of ships long after their hulls as the boats receded far away. To see why this effect occurs, look at the diagram below:

Earth's Rotation during a Sunset

As the Earth rotates, the view from the top of the pink stick changes to reveal the sun or make the sun disappear depending upon which way the Earth is rotating. If the Earth rotates as shown the Sun will disappear. (Note: this diagram is NOT to scale.) Looking at the following diagram you can see that if you watched the sunset from a low point of view and then got up really quickly you might be able to witness the sunset twice in one day.

Viewing the Sunset Twice in One Day

Based on this principle it is possible to calculate the circumference of the Earth:

Materials:

A location where you can clearly view a sunrise or sunset over the ocean
A friend to help you measure the height of your eyes while laying down and while standing.
A measuring tape or meter stick
A stopwatch
Pen and paper to record times and heights
Directions:

Go to a place where you can easily view the sunset or sunrise over the ocean. Be sure to check local weather reports to know the time of day to expect the sunrise or set.
If viewing a sunset, make your first measurement lying down on the ground and your second measurement while standing. If viewing a sunrise, do the opposite. From now on I will explain only the directions for the sunset, please make the necessary adjustments for the sunrise experiment.
Before the sunset, get a friend to measure the height of your eyes while you are lying down and still able to see the horizon where you expect the sunset.
Prepare a stopwatch to begin counting.
Wait for the sunset.
When the last bit of sun has disappeared, start the stop watch and quickly get up and stand in a position that is directly above where your eyes were when you were laying down.
You should be able to see the Sun set again.
Stop the stopwatch when you see the last bit of sun disappear again.
Have your friend measure the height to your eyes in the standing position.
Calculate the circumference of the Earth using the following two equations:
Distance to the horizon D = sqrt(2 * height of your eyes * Radius of the Earth)
To see where this equation came from go to : http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Shorizon.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[sqrt(2Rh1) - sqrt(2Rh2)]/[2pi * R] = s/S , Where R = The radius of the Earth
h1 and h2= the height of your eyes during the two measurements (h1 should be the bigger of the two heights)

s=the number of seconds between sun sets

S=the number of seconds in one day, which is equal to 60 seconds*60 minutes*24 hours.

This equation is a proportion that assumes the Earth rotates once in 24 hours so that the difference between the distances to the horizon over the whole circumference of the Earth is equal to the ratio of the time between your measurements and a whole day.

For example, if you measured 6 seconds in between the sunset when you were laying down with your eyes at a height of 10 cm off of the ground and the sunset when you were standing up at a height of 2m, then you would have to solve the two above equations for the radius of the Earth in terms of h1 and h2 (which are .10 m and 2 m) and the number of seconds in between sunsets:
{[60sec * 60 min * 24 hours
sqrt(2) * (sqrt(h1) - sqrt(h2))^2]/[6sec * 2pi]}^2 = Radius of the Earth

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

larsenb wrote:

Magnification couldn't have any effect on refraction of a ship around the curved earth.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Spaced_Out wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:And... that's what I figured. :ymapplause: i-)

One of my many degrees include a masters in GIS and Remote sensing I have worked extensively with satellite imagery and aerial photographs as well as coordinate systems and have a sound knowledge of the earth having lived in the Northern and southern hemispheres where one can view heavenly bodies (moon and stars) from different perspectives such perspectives are impossible with a flat earth. In the Temple they show the earth as a round planet.
When it comes to matters of physical reality, I try to apply science. Since you have all these degrees, can you provide me with a reproducible experiment that the proves the earth is round or even just not flat?

EDIT: I started posting this before you posted your experiment. I will have to think about that and how the experiment would come out on a flat earth. It is the first argument I've seen for a round earth that seems possible since my wife got interested in this subject.

Patriot16
captain of 100

Post by Patriot16 »

Interesting. Certainly not any more outrageous and improbable than much of the other delusionary things I've read in this forum.

Patriot16

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

harakim wrote:Magnification couldn't have any effect on refraction of a ship around the curved earth.
True, but if you use high magnification that clearly shows the vessel then a difference in height will show the curvature of the earth. Also you will see the top of the mast of the ship without being able to see the hull as the ship passes through the point where you loose vision due to curvature. ie the shop will disappear from the bottom to the top due to going beyond the curvature/horizon line.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

markharr wrote:
Kitkat wrote:Anyone have any thoughts as the why the UN has the flat earth map on their flag? A false flag perhaps :D

A flag is two dimensional. It's impossible to put anything but a flat earth on a flag.
Why not put this flat earth on the UN flag?
http://www.rain.org/homeschool/world-ma ... -names.gif
Last edited by Kitkat on January 8th, 2017, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

5tev3 wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
5tev3 wrote:

Check your Shadow...
Check the poll this thread is based on, they may not be posting in this thread but search the forum, they are amomg us. I've been here since '08. Overall, I'm mostly just wondering out loud at how a person could believe such a thing. Not calling out anyone in particular.
It's all about what information we are fed and what actual firsthand knowledge we possess. I would never say children who believe in Santa are dumber than those who don't. Those who strongly believe have probably Been given more fabricated concrete evidence than those who are more skeptical or don't believe at all.

I would say that as long as there is a debate (and there are intelligent thinkers and arguments on both sides), flat vs round, than it is worthy of consideration. I'm new to the theory and find it fascinating. Even if the earth is round - there are still so many unknowns and inconsistencies. Our actual first hand knowledge is extremely limited so we rely heavily upon the information we are fed - which screams proceede with caution and open mindedness.

The people in the know could very well use it to their advantage if they have the masses thinking the earth is different from what it is...

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Possible explaination for the polls and the northern and Southern Hemisphere...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ryWArr82SE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

interesting stuff on "nuking the dome"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTZu2rMNW3E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;