Serious replies only, please

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Serious replies only, please

Post by David13 »

I was listening to the radio last week.
The topic was 'your best Christmas giving story''.
A lady said 35 years ago she was a single mother with no money for Christmas presents for the kids. And an anonymous donor appeared with an envelope with money, which was just what she needed for Christmas presents for the kids.
Since then at Christmas she and her new husband put cash in envelopes and visit a church (any church) and have the pastor or Bishop give to needy, preferably single parent households.
A number of others called in doing similar type of giving.
And I think others have recommended much the same here, give locally, direct, to cut out the middle man and his 'fee'.
I suppose the pastor or Bishop knows those in his area who are truly needy.
dc

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I always give some to the Salvation Army.
I appreciate the tremendous work they do for the homeless and down-trodden.
They don't have legions of over-paid executives, and the guy at the top is on a very modest salary (about half of what I'm paid). Most of them are volunteers and they are motivated by their faith in Christ.
I give both cash and substance (warm clothing, food etc).
I should give more.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

I’ve often mistaken this little boy for my own son in nursery from behind, due to similar size and coloring. Now, just past the year mark of my little man’s cranial vault remodel surgery, Tre had to go in for surprise emergency surgery to remove a brain tumor the size of a golf ball(as well as tumors down his spinal cord), and he just started chemo last week. Honestly, seeing him come out of post-op, and looking so much like my Noah...I’m a grown man, but both experiences had me quietly blubbering when nobody could see me.

https://www.youcaring.com/alisonquenneville-1028102

I’m with you on online anything, but if you are still looking for a worthy more direct contribution(any of you on this forum), I will put you in direct contact with this family...now if you will excuse me, I need to go hug my son some more...