New member; GF; Coughing

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: New member; GF; Coughing

Post by A Random Phrase »

How would people know what you are thinking? And people cough or clear their throats for any number of reasons.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

You should talk to a real doctor about this.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Coughing and sneezing in the air is a health hazard for all. Those who do so should know better and should be reprimanded for their selfish disregard of others. It is unfortunately prevalent, but not related to disapproval of yourself... unless you are also doing so.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Mormons can't read your thoughts, but that sounds like a fun idea for a horror novel lol

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Sirocco wrote:Mormons can't read your thoughts, but that sounds like a fun idea for a horror novel lol
I knew you were thinking that.

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

I believe people here are purposefully deceiving me... seriously...could someone please tell me the truth regarding this thing about spirit of discernment. Narcissistic like stalking is wrong... is that the way Mormons control their lives? ...or other people's lives? If so...that sounds horrible. I'm really not liking this... I grew up with a strong sense of respect for everyone... I can't imagine ever crossing any lines nor ever harass anyone.

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

Not funny how everyone considers this a joke. I almost feel like everyone here is a sociopath or something. Does "losing my sanity" not register with people or prices their conscience? Sadly, I don't get a Christian vibe here...even from plenty of Mormons as well...

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Lexew1899 wrote:You should talk to a real doctor about this.
This.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

I clear my throat all the time. It has to do with my throat, not your actions.

Why do you assume people can discern your thoughts? Do you have lots of inappropriate thoughts? Are you guilt ridden over lots of petty, minor "sins"? Give your sin burden to the Lord and stop worrying about "it", whatever it is.

For what it's worth, I don't think the average lds person has a lick if discernment. Even Brigham young said he was a Yankee guesser, so maybe it's not so bad to lack discernment.

Good luck, amigo.

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

No...I don't have concern over "inappropriate" thoughts. I'm a very honest and open guy. There is so much I don't sweat over. I could admit my sins to the whole world and not worry about ir. It's more of a concern about harassment, disrespect, humongous & ginormous unfairness, lack of respect for individuality, 24-7 lack of privacy, etc. All of this from people who abuse their abilities... relentlessly all the while not living Christ like lives... and how is that possible? I try hard to be a true Christian and I would never want to come anywhere near abusing such powers or abilities if I had them...in fact, I don't think I'd want them...

I LOVE her, but these things aren't right nor are they Christ like...

Seriously? Isn't there someone who wants to be honest?

Or is being a good Mormon about being clique like?
Last edited by csu on July 4th, 2016, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

It's also mostly non LDS people as well...

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

css ...we can all only do the best we can to achieve what it was we came to mortality to do.
Keeping thoughts and consequent actions pure is vital to achieving our righteous goals.
However, I have no idea what your actual concerns and questions are.
If you really need answers from this forum you will need to be clearer as to what you mean.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

csu wrote:No...I don't have concern over "inappropriate" thoughts. I'm a very honest and open guy. There is so much I don't sweat over. I could admit my sins to the whole world and not worry about ir. It's more of a concern about harassment, disrespect, humongous & ginormous unfairness, lack of respect for individuality, 24-7 lack of privacy, etc. All of this from people who abuse their abilities... relentlessly all the while not living Christ like lives... and how is that possible? I try hard to be a true Christian and I would never want to come anywhere near abusing such powers or abilities if I had them...in fact, I don't think I'd want them...

I LOVE her, but these things aren't right nor are they Christ like...

Seriously? Isn't there someone who wants to be honest?

Or is being a good Mormon about being clique like?
Lots of labels in your statmemts. A lot of judgeing others and yourself to be the opposite. Those judgments are not who they or you are. Those labels and judgements are what are causing your problems. They are the reason for your frustrations. Judgements of self and others all boil down to justifying your actions of pridefulness. Making it ok for you to look down your nose at others. And they are probley doing the same to you as well.

Pride is like a disease that renders the inflicted with a inability to detect the illness.

I feel you are just reading others actions (coughing and so on) as a means to project those judgments on to them.

I'm sure there are a few people out there with the ability to read others thoughts. I have read books describing the process to learn how to do that. I have started the process. I would guess that of those living today that the number of such gifted people are less then .01 % of the population. Why because of modern entertainment. Instant entertainment in the digital age. No one spends time to develop that ability. So I feel you are deciving yourself into beliving that they all have that ability. And if they did I doubt people with that kind of drive and motivation to gain such abilitys would waist their time messing with anyone. They would be waking the world up to the thoughts and actions of the secret combinations.

i feel your projecting your own insecuritys on others in the form of judgments so that you can avoid dealing with your own downfalls.

This is harsh ,direct and without guile. I hope you don't take it the wrong way. It comes from a place of love. As I really admire people who like their own individuality.

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

Does anyone know how to delete a whole thread? She wants me to delete this...

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

...no...not projection and not guilt... pride? What about them? They are not being prideful for constantly thinking it's OK to judge me? Despite me losing my sanity? Especially very biasedly? What is wrong with people? No...it's not OK. Stalking is not OK. I've already been exposing myself to the world, sacrificing so much... but some people WILL take ANY excuse to shield actions of constant surveillance, stalking, etc despite what the person is going through... you guys have got to be kidding me...

I wish I had the time to spend figuring out all the details, but unfortunately my mind is so blown from all of this and I'm so busy working 70 to 80 something hours a week...

Justification and pride?? You've got to be kidding me... I didn't make it a big deal for a very VERY long time... I'm a HUMONGOUS people pleaser. I do, have done and WILL do a lot to please her...but seriously...at some point...it has gone WAY past disrespectful/etc.

Driving insane doesn't seem to click with 99% of people... I've lost so much from all of this...

Has anyone ever been through stalking, etc before? Especially years of it? Especially across state and no matter where you go?

I would never do this to someone else...I'm not kidding...it comes from my desire to respect people...

...justifying my downfalls? No.

Very few people would know what I mean... I was hoping there would be some great souls, on this forum, who could see the details... but it seems to me that the percentage extremely extremely small...

I've learned, from extensive years of stalking experiences, that people are extremely easy to deceive. People will believe anything, just as long as you spin it the right way...

Anyways...me being the doormat and the people pleaser, all my life, has decided to find a way to delete this thread, if possible, because I love her and am VERY VERY AFRAID of losing her...

Does anyone know how to delete a thread?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

csu wrote:...no...not projection and not guilt... pride? What about them? They are not being prideful for constantly thinking it's OK to judge me? Despite me losing my sanity? Especially very biasedly? What is wrong with people? No...it's not OK. Stalking is not OK. I've already been exposing myself to the world, sacrificing so much... but some people WILL take ANY excuse to shield actions of constant surveillance, stalking, etc despite what the person is going through... you guys have got to be kidding me...

I wish I had the time to spend figuring out all the details, but unfortunately my mind is so blown from all of this and I'm so busy working 70 to 80 something hours a week...

Justification and pride?? You've got to be kidding me... I didn't make it a big deal for a very VERY long time... I'm a HUMONGOUS people pleaser. I do, have done and WILL do a lot to please her...but seriously...at some point...it has gone WAY past disrespectful/etc.

Driving insane doesn't seem to click with 99% of people... I've lost so much from all of this...

Has anyone ever been through stalking, etc before? Especially years of it? Especially across state and no matter where you go?

I would never do this to someone else...I'm not kidding...it comes from my desire to respect people...

Very few people would know what I mean... I was hoping there would be some great souls, on this forum, who could see the details... but it seems to me that the percentage extremely extremely small...

I've learned, from extensive years of stalking experiences, that people are extremely easy to deceive. People will believe anything, just as long as you spin it the right way...

Anyways...me being the doormat and the people pleaser, all my life, has decided to find a way to delete this thread, if possible, because I love her and am VERY VERY AFRAID of losing her...

It sounds like you need to cut bait and find a less crazy group of people to be with. I assumed from your original post that you were comparing home teaching and PPIs to surveillance, but I don't think you are.

Contact a moderator and they can lock the thread, which will cause it to slowly sink into obscurity. I know threads and whole identities can be deleted (sen6b from a couple years ago comes to mind). I don't know who erases a thread or an identity.

If A moderator won't lock the thread, respond to my post by testifying Denver Snuffer is a true and living prophet, and the thread will get locked almost immediately. Good luck in the future amigo.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

That made me laugh Obrien.

Csu. I work at a wilderness youth program as a counselor. I'm not pulling your chain. You can't control what others do. All you can control is what you do. That's why I give advice to you. To fix your side. They are most likely doing the same things as you. But that doesn't matter. You can't fix them. And what they do should have no berring on your happiness which is completly in your own hands. No outside circumstances or stimuli controls your happiness. You choose it. Or you don't And imagin its outside your control in the hands of others. But that is just make believe.
You will either take control of your own happiness or not.

Most and I really do mean most people look to others and the world for their happiness. And They never find it.

As you have described yourself as a people pleaser. you are deffently looking to find your happiness in others instead of yourself. By making others happy you think you will be happy. You won't. They have no control over how and when you finally choose to be happy.

I would suggest reading mans search for meaning by viktor frankl.

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

"I assumed from your original post that you were comparing home teaching and PPIs to surveillance, but I don't think you are."

Thank you... I was not. I do not see where home teaching is crazy. ...what is PPI?
Last edited by csu on July 4th, 2016, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

Thanks for all the replies that were not focused on making light of a very serious situation.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

csu wrote:"I assumed from your original post that you were comparing home teaching and PPIs to surveillance, but I don't think you are."

Thank you... I was not. This is anot her level of crazy, where home teaching obviously is not. ...what is PPI?
Personal Priesthood Interview - another control mechanism in LDS culture.
For what it's worth, I think home teaching is whacko, too.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Ezra wrote:That made me laugh Obrien.

Csu. I work at a wilderness youth program as a counselor. I'm not pulling your chain. You can't control what others do. All you can control is what you do. That's why I give advice to you. To fix your side. They are most likely doing the same things as you. But that doesn't matter. You can't fix them. And what they do should have no berring on your happiness which is completly in your own hands. No outside circumstances or stimuli controls your happiness. You choose it. Or you don't And imagin its outside your control in the hands of others. But that is just make believe.
You will either take control of your own happiness or not.

Most and I really do mean most people look to others and the world for their happiness. And They never find it.

As you have described yourself as a people pleaser. you are deffently looking to find your happiness in others instead of yourself. By making others happy you think you will be happy. You won't. They have no control over how and when you finally choose to be happy.

I would suggest reading mans search for meaning by viktor frankl.
I think a book about co-dependence is in order. Co-dependence is very damaging to one's own existence. I know, I was co-dependent for years. If my family was okay, I was okay. My emotions and self worth were like a rollercoaster.
One must learn to love and forgive oneself, to not depend on others for justification as a right to even exist.

Three things:

Love thy neighbor as thyself.
Be still and know God is God.
Know that you're in a partnership with Christ, he being perfect and we're not. We borrow his perfection and he takes our sins rendering us perfect in him.

Analyzing
captain of 100

Post by Analyzing »

csu wrote:I'm a recent new LDS member for almost one year. I can't share too many details due to privacy and sacredness. It involves a girl I fell really hard for, God and lots of 'surveillance'. It seems that people are constantly watching my thoughts and coughing or clearing their throats when I am thinking something either she or they disapproves of. It goes on eventhough I have gone crazy over it, losing my sanity and losing a lot of other things in life (that I would not normally lose at all). I also am not familiar with the spirit of discernment (if that is related at all). It goes on in every single place of my life. There is not a common area that these things do not occur.

Could someone please shed some light on this? I am still extremely new to the church and actually still know very little... is violation of privacy, boundaries and surveillance a common LDS way of doing things? I am so deeply in love with her...
How old is she? Age range if you do not want to be exact , under 16, 16-18, 18-24, 24-35, over 35? Do you have a formal relationship with her i.e' dating? If you have a formal relationship how long has it existed? Have there been any difficulties or major disagreements between the two of you?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Sometimes there may be some aspects of your relationship that others notice even when you do not:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/60 ... 211b9b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

csu
captain of 10

Post by csu »

Obrien wrote:
csu wrote:...no...not projection and not guilt... pride? What about them? They are not being prideful for constantly thinking it's OK to judge me? Despite me losing my sanity? Especially very biasedly? What is wrong with people? No...it's not OK. Stalking is not OK. I've already been exposing myself to the world, sacrificing so much... but some people WILL take ANY excuse to shield actions of constant surveillance, stalking, etc despite what the person is going through... you guys have got to be kidding me...

It sounds like you need to cut bait and find a less crazy group of people to be with. I assumed from your original post that you were comparing home teaching and PPIs to surveillance, but I don't think you are.

Contact a moderator and they can lock the thread, which will cause it to slowly sink into obscurity. I know threads and whole identities can be deleted (sen6b from a couple years ago comes to mind). I don't know who erases a thread or an identity.

If A moderator won't lock the thread, respond to my post by testifying Denver Snuffer is a true and living prophet, and the thread will get locked almost immediately. Good luck in the future amigo.
Denver Snuffer is a true and living prophet