Forum Rules Update - 6/24/2015 - PLEASE READ

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Forum Rules Update - 6/24/2015 - PLEASE READ

Post by Rose Garden »

Joel wrote:
BrianM wrote:
Tony wrote:God actually does not use force in getting His children to obey. Casting Lucifer and his followers out did not force them to obey.
Right, he doesn't use force to get you to obey, but he will use force to apply a punishment for disobedience. (He won't force you into heaven but He might force you out)
Reminds me of this pic:

I totally missed this picture which is why the whole knocking conversation didn't make sense. I don't think the Lord just arbitrarily destroys people because they aren't listening to him. I think if you want to "eat, drink, and be merry" you are welcome to do so, with a few restrictions. If you say you believe in him and use his name to justify hurting others, you are going to to be toast.

It's like the situation King Hezekiah was in. The king of Assyria threatened him and told him, don't expect your god to save you because no one else's did. Isaiah was sent to tell Hezekiah that he would be protected because they weren't talking about the idol gods of the other nations, they were talking about the true and living God of Israel. As promised, the king of Assyria was allowed to get close to Jerusalem but then had his army nearly wiped out.

For everyone else, it was live and let live. But when the true and living God was challenged, he let them know who had power and who didn't.

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

Jezebel wrote:
Joel wrote:
BrianM wrote:
Tony wrote:God actually does not use force in getting His children to obey. Casting Lucifer and his followers out did not force them to obey.
Right, he doesn't use force to get you to obey, but he will use force to apply a punishment for disobedience. (He won't force you into heaven but He might force you out)
Reminds me of this pic:

I totally missed this picture which is why the whole knocking conversation didn't make sense. I don't think the Lord just arbitrarily destroys people because they aren't listening to him. I think if you want to "eat, drink, and be merry" you are welcome to do so, with a few restrictions. If you say you believe in him and use his name to justify hurting others, you are going to to be toast.

It's like the situation King Hezekiah was in. The king of Assyria threatened him and told him, don't expect your god to save you because no one else's did. Isaiah was sent to tell Hezekiah that he would be protected because they weren't talking about the idol gods of the other nations, they were talking about the true and living God of Israel. As promised, the king of Assyria was allowed to get close to Jerusalem but then had his army nearly wiped out.

For everyone else, it was live and let live. But when the true and living God was challenged, he let them know who had power and who didn't.
Scriptures tell us: "Every nation which shall war against thee, O house of Israel, shall be turned one against another, and they shall fall into the pit which they digged to ensnare the people of the Lord. And all that fight against Zion shall be destroyed."

And there is this: "And I will show unto them that fight against my word and against my people, who are of the house of Israel, that I am God, and that I covenanted with Abraham that I would remember his seed forever."

Mormon wrote, "And he that shall breathe out wrath and strifes against the work of the Lord, and against the covenant people of the Lord who are the house of Israel, and shall say: We will destroy the work of the Lord, and the Lord will not remember his covenant which he hath made unto the house of Israel—the same is in danger to be hewn down and cast into the fire."

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

So, the covenant people are of the House of Israel!
Mormon wrote, "And he that shall breathe out wrath and strifes against the work of the Lord, and against the covenant people of the Lord who are the house of Israel.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

That's a contentious comment, rewcox. Not everyone believes exactly the same on this point, best to leave it alone. You might get damned to hell for saying such a thing.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Obrien wrote:That's a contentious comment, rewcox. Not everyone believes exactly the same on this point, best to leave it alone. You might get damned to hell for saying such a thing.
We don't damn people to hell around here, Obrien. We send them to outer darkness.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

I can refute that statement, when I get back on my laptop, if you'd like. I know, it's happened to me a few times.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Tony wrote:
Jezebel wrote:
Joel wrote: Reminds me of this pic:

Scriptures tell us: "Every nation which shall war against thee, O house of Israel, shall be turned one against another, and they shall fall into the pit which they digged to ensnare the people of the Lord. And all that fight against Zion shall be destroyed."

And there is this: "And I will show unto them that fight against my word and against my people, who are of the house of Israel, that I am God, and that I covenanted with Abraham that I would remember his seed forever."

Mormon wrote, "And he that shall breathe out wrath and strifes against the work of the Lord, and against the covenant people of the Lord who are the house of Israel, and shall say: We will destroy the work of the Lord, and the Lord will not remember his covenant which he hath made unto the house of Israel—the same is in danger to be hewn down and cast into the fire."
Exactly. Its not that the Lord just loves burning everybody up. He just has to keep his promises to protect those who are truly serving him. That is probably why he is knocking in the door. He's saying, quit messing with my people or I'm going to mess with you.

Incidentally, everyone is allowed to repent and escape the destruction before it takes place.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Obrien wrote:I can refute that statement, when I get back on my laptop, if you'd like. I know, it's happened to me a few times.
Which statement? About being damned to hell? It was hastily written. Come to think of it, I've damned a few people to hell myself. I just had the sense to keep it in my head, not put it down in writing.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Not everyone displays such good sense.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

rewcox wrote:So, the covenant people are of the House of Israel!
Mormon wrote, "And he that shall breathe out wrath and strifes against the work of the Lord, and against the covenant people of the Lord who are the house of Israel.
1 Nephi 14:14
14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

1) power of the Lamb of God
2) descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb
3) and upon the covenant people of the Lord
4) The Lord’s people are a covenant people https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/coven ... g&letter=c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who are of the House of Israel? https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/israel?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

Obrien wrote:I can refute that statement, when I get back on my laptop, if you'd like. I know, it's happened to me a few times.
If you had been damned to hell you would not be posting here. You have mistakenly believed that the voice of warning was damning you to hell. Time is running short, but you still have time to repent and turn to the truth so that you do not get damned to hell.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Joel wrote:
BrotherOfMahonri wrote:Something we all can understand a little better.
Does knowledge = truth? or is truth, truth no matter what we think?
Here is another fun video
I've attempted to get Mr. Veratasium to consider some gospel points - the guy is hands down better than most out there - you can feel it compared to others out there - but then again, this is in the opinion of a home-schooling, gospel loving (apostate in the view of some), Disney dissing, common sense prophesying (for the first time) nobody man.

konigking
captain of 100

Post by konigking »

An outsider's view.

I'm one foot in and one foot out of this forum, so for the sake of this post, I'm an outsider.

I came here in search of provocative gospel discussion--discussion with fellow believers (which I've come to learn are "TBMs"). My initial reaction to discussion here was very positive. Didn't dig too much on the snarky taglines/signatures and smug avatars, but just looked past that. Because my initial reading of material was positive.

Then it happened.

I naively asked questions about the Heavenly Gift Forum and got answers that made me think, "whoa". I mean like, "whoa, this definitely is not discussion from people who share fundamental beliefs." Which is fine, really, just not what I'm after.

So I'm glad to see the Forum Rules Update, because that IS what I'm after. I guess my timing in entering the forum is good. Thank you, ye forum admins in the cloud.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Prove that clean and pure air is not invisible.
Prove that gravity isn't invisible.
Prove that when Christ walked on water that He would have fallen into mud and rocks, had the water suddenly vanished. In other words, was He really walking on water or in mid air with water beneath Him? Likewise, could He have walked off a cliff without falling?

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"the covenant people of the Lord" mentioned in the bom are basically the native americans/lamanites-jaredites descendants, arent they??!!

"One of thy posterity named after the name of his father, and after the name of his Great Grandfather, who was a descendant from the tribe of Judah, and of the household of David, shall be a mighty warrior, and be led on to avenge the blood of the Prophets and Patriarchs, he shall lead a mighty people from the wilderness

and one mighty among them who shall be also a mighty warrior by the name of Nishcosh, he shall be a descendent of one of the name of Nimrod, who was also a descendent of that Nimrod, who was a mighty hunter in the days of old, by way of the Jaredites upon this country, who founded a city and called it the city of Gnoalum, this city now lying in ruins the wreck of which only appears as the last descriptive monument of a people that has fallen, and the remnants of whom have become barbarous, wild and uncultivated,

this shall be in a day when the judgements of God are abroad among the Gentiles, and by his hot displeasure the almighty God is vexing the nations of the earth and when the time of Zion’s deliverance has come, and thy seed shall behold it for it is not far distant (p. 244).
"
"Your posterity shall “avenge the blood of the Prophets and Patriarchs” with the help of savage Indian warriors June 13, 2008 Mormon Matters"
http://mormonmatters.org/?s=nishcosh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"nishcosh"
http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UTF ... ishcosh%22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

Alighieri
captain of 100

Post by Alighieri »

Do justice. Visit the afflicted. Minister and administer to the widow and the fatherless.

Pray for your enemies and do good to those that persecute and do evil to you.

When the Master appears be found so doing.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

I think pro-Judaic ought to be okay.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

If the forum had 100 rules to follow and a person breaks any one of them, is that person guilty of breaking one rule or all 100?

Answer coming soon, however, I suspect there are a few scriptorians that know the answer found in the bible.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Wolf wrote:Hmm I asked a question and it apparently goes against the forum rules here. Yet antisemitic and racist rhetoric doesnt. Interesting.
You got an infraction for that post? Why would anyone report that question, I wonder. If you want an answer to your question, though, I suggest you send BrianM a pm. He's pretty busy and isn't able to read every thread on here.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

freedomforall wrote:If the forum had 100 rules to follow and a person breaks any one of them, is that person guilty of breaking one rule or all 100?

Answer coming soon, however, I suspect there are a few scriptorians that know the answer found in the bible.
:))