Do you believe in God poll?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Do you believe in God?

1.Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.
65%
2.De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I strongly believe in God and I live my life on the assumption that he is there.
22%
3.Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.
6%
4.Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.
2%
5.Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.
3%
6.De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable and I live my life under the assumption that he is not there.
2%
7.Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.
No votes

Total votes: 63
FSM
captain of 100

Do you believe in God poll?

Post by FSM »

Do you believe in god? Many people would like to give an answer that goes beyond the standard yes or no. Professors Richard Dawkins has helped by coming up with his Belief Scale, and hear it is now in a poll we can take on LDSFF.
Some people may have a hard time choosing one answer. They can choose up to 3 answers for this poll.
The results are anonymous and can be changed anytime. Have fun..
FSM
Last edited by FSM on January 11th, 2015, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Do you believe in God poll?

Post by Elizabeth »

Yes is good enough :)

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

you're batting 1000 on your poll.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

FSM,
I'm curious about your beliefs.

None of the poll option applied to me.
I cannot deny higher power, but I'll never claim to understand it, and I don't interpret God only through sometimes warped theology - but through truth wherever it's found.

IMO, there are no genuine atheists, simply because there are too many unknowns to claim to know anything for certain. I guess you could say there are some who have faith that there is no creator, despite creation all around them.

It seems, based on the many discussions I've had with self-proclaimed Atheists is that they do not subscribe to the twisted description of God as a tyranical grandpa in the sky - but neither do I. Yet I still believe in a Higher Power - God, who is Love. Love is the energy-giving life that is in all - which inspires us to do GOoD through active faith (live and learn).

I love how "Atheist" Stephen Hawking unknowingly described proof of intelligent design by defining intelligence as ability to adapt to change. No doubt all in this world and universe are evolving/intelligently designed to adapt to change.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

Thinker wrote:FSM,
I'm curious about your beliefs.

None of the poll option applied to me.
I cannot deny higher power, but I'll never claim to understand it, and I don't interpret God only through sometimes warped theology - but through truth wherever it's found.

IMO, there are no genuine atheists, simply because there are too many unknowns to claim to know anything for certain. I guess you could say there are some who have faith that there is no creator, despite creation all around them.

It seems, based on the many discussions I've had with self-proclaimed Atheists is that they do not subscribe to the twisted description of God as a tyranical grandpa in the sky - but neither do I. Yet I still believe in a Higher Power - God, who is Love. Love is the energy-giving life that is in all - which inspires us to do GOoD through active faith (live and learn).

I love how "Atheist" Stephen Hawking unknowingly described proof of intelligent design by defining intelligence as ability to adapt to change. No doubt all in this world and universe are evolving/intelligently designed to adapt to change.
Yes IV thought about that also. The best thing I could think of when creating this poll is to give people people 3 choices. I will probably use all 3 myself.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

Wouldn't you love for someone to simply show you the evidence for God's existence? I believe He has surrounded us with evidence of himself. For example, a hunter may not see an animal, but from its footprints he knows it exists and he knows much about its nature. In the same way, God has left footprints. I have come to find out that God wants to be known. He created us with the intention that we would know him.

Does God exist? If you want to know, investigate Jesus Christ. "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me."

God does not force us to believe in him, Instead, he has provided sufficient proof of his existence for us to willingly
respond to Him. Knowing of God has more to do with the heart than with the strictly logical mind, or head. If you approach faith from this premise, then you will see that believing in God isn't all about gathering tangible facts.

I believe in the Bible, If the Bible writers could infallibly predict the future, surely this would indicate God was working through them.
Yes, I believe in God.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I sought my God, but my God I could not see.

I sought my soul, but my soul eluded me.

Then I sought to serve my neighbor in her need,
and I found all three:

My neighbor,
My soul,
And Thee.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

BroJones wrote:I sought my God, but my God I could not see.

I sought my soul, but my soul eluded me.

Then I sought to serve my neighbor in her need,
and I found all three:

My neighbor,
My soul,
And Thee.
Fascinating point when you think about it. I really like it. Thanks for sharing it.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

Would the person who voted "5 weak atheist" be as so kind to e mail me. I promise I don't bite. Your anonymity is valued so please don't respond to this post. Emailing me is more secure.
Thanks,

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Funny that a person can choose up to three boxes, but all the choices seem to be mutually exclusive. (I voted for the first two, though. Because I have a deep conviction, but do not know that it is an absolute knowledge, I believe I stand between the two, thus I voted both of them.)

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »