Julie Rowe Speaking Events

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JoannaML
captain of 10

Julie Rowe Speaking Events

Post by JoannaML »

If you were able to make to any of Julie Rowe's speaking events could you please share with us what she talked about and any additional information that was given?

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Re: Julie Rowe Speaking Events

Post by Desert Roses »

The fact that there are "events" makes me feel very uneasy. I read her book, and believe she is sincere, but this is turning into a Betty Eadie situation. Not good.

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

Desert Rose -

Please tell that to the Lord - He is the one who has given me the assignment and it is to Him that I report - none else.

JoannaML
captain of 10

Post by JoannaML »

I honestly don't see anything wrong with Julie having speaking events. I'm grateful for any additional information. Anyways, it's really not unusual for authors to further discuss topics written about in their books. And I live in Virginia so I don't know if I'll ever have an opportunity to attend any events. So please feel free to share any info.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Will we need to buy tickets to get into her speaking events?

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

North_Star wrote:Will we need to buy tickets to get into her speaking events?
Nice decoy.

No

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:
Nice decoy.

No
decoy??

I guess I will just have to scratch my head on this one. :)

JoannaML
captain of 10

Post by JoannaML »

No. She has her speaking events listed on her website. You just show up.

Birdman23
captain of 10

Post by Birdman23 »

North_Star wrote:
notjamesbond003.5 wrote:
Nice decoy.

No
decoy??

I guess I will just have to scratch my head on this one. :)

Bait maybe?

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Betty Eadie, I read her book and loved it. Then I saw her website.. And became very concerned and disappointed. And then I even heard that she was LDS and didn't want anybody to know?? Oh what a story. :(

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

But hooray for hearing Julie speak thanks for starting this thread I'm anxiously awaiting to hear that she's coming to Orem!

Birdman23
captain of 10

Post by Birdman23 »

Bananikka wrote:Betty Eadie, I read her book and loved it. Then I saw her website.. And became very concerned and disappointed. And then I even heard that she was LDS and didn't want anybody to know?? Oh what a story. :(
My dad baptized her on his mission nearly 50 years ago before her experience. I dont know of her standing but I would guess she has not been active for a long time.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Oh no? I had no idea she is very quiet about her church membership... Sad!

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

OH! Before her experience? I thought she had joined the church after her NDE...?

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Note to self: avoid commenting in "General Discussions" threads.

What was I thinking. :-B

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Bananikka wrote:OH! Before her experience? I thought she had joined the church after her NDE...?

As I remember it she was inactive at the time of her NDE

Any one correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks.

Njb

JoannaML
captain of 10

Post by JoannaML »

Found your post and summary, thanks NJB for sharing!

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

North_Star wrote:Note to self: avoid commenting in "General Discussions" threads.

I'm sorry!! I thjnk njb misunderstood your comment which is easy to do online. He's a really nice person from what I've seen so forgive him! I actually wasn't sure about the money thing either. I'm
Delighted that she doesn't charge, and do feel that's right but also understand that she is spending money time and surely lots of effort doing all of this. (All the while we have to remember she has a family, a life, and I'm not sure about now but know in the past she has suffered with her health) I'll bet this is a very sacred mission for her, and that's why she does it even though so many are more Than happy to mock or doubt her. But I suppose she is helping to build the Kindgom of God, and that's how He works. :)
Did I happen to mention come
To Orem?? ;).

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

North_Star wrote:Note to self: avoid commenting in "General Discussions" threads.

Tread lightly, it is treacherous out here. ;)

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

Betty Eadie started out with firesides, and other "events", and eventually was excommunicated.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Desert Roses wrote:Betty Eadie started out with firesides, and other "events", and eventually was excommunicated.
This brings up an interesting rhetorical situation. Julie has said many, many times that she is writing the books, and speaking at events, because God has directly told her to do so. She also is a staunch supporter of the Brethren. What happens if the Brethren tell her that she has to stop her public speaking, yet she still gets the message from God that she needs to continue the public speaking events? Or do some of you feel like this interesting paradox would never occur?

Lance
captain of 100

Post by Lance »

-
Last edited by Lance on June 24th, 2015, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Desert Roses wrote:Betty Eadie started out with firesides, and other "events", and eventually was excommunicated.

Really Betty was exed ?

Njb

jockeybox
captain of 100

Post by jockeybox »

Lizzy60 wrote:This brings up an interesting rhetorical situation. Julie has said many, many times that she is writing the books, and speaking at events, because God has directly told her to do so. She also is a staunch supporter of the Brethren. What happens if the Brethren tell her that she has to stop her public speaking, yet she still gets the message from God that she needs to continue the public speaking events? Or do some of you feel like this interesting paradox would never occur?
Absolutely. The more conundrums and paradox the better. It's requires choice, instead of floating.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

jockeybox wrote:
Lizzy60 wrote:This brings up an interesting rhetorical situation. Julie has said many, many times that she is writing the books, and speaking at events, because God has directly told her to do so. She also is a staunch supporter of the Brethren. What happens if the Brethren tell her that she has to stop her public speaking, yet she still gets the message from God that she needs to continue the public speaking events? Or do some of you feel like this interesting paradox would never occur?
Absolutely. The more conundrums and paradox the better. It's requires choice, instead of floating.
Gee, jockeybox, you're no fun. Are you saying that I won't be able to float into the Celestial Kingdom on the Good Ship Zion?