I've turned into a Julie Rowe skeptic

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
jkrowe
captain of 50

Re: I've turned into a Julie Rowe skeptic

Post by jkrowe »

It's been a few days now since I last posted on this site. Tonight I decided to see what has gone on the past few days.

Quite interesting. I am glad to see there is a dialogue going on and find it very interesting.

I will share with you that last week I spent several days writing part of this second book I am working on.

I finished working on one of the sections, which is in fact titled: "The Emotion Code and Body Code"

So, for those who are interested, I tell of how I learned about this work and explain a little about it.

Just thought I would share that - perhaps that will help give clarity to those who are seeking more
knowledge.

FYI ---- here's a hint. During my NDE I was specifically told about and shown Dr. Bradley Nelson....I know him personally
and he is a good man. Very active LDS priesthood holder who is in good standing.

I know Emotion Code and Body Code are of the Lord. Without a doubt. I also know there are many others who do "energy work" and they are not of the light.

Satan has an imitation for everything that is good and right. He imitates the Priesthood, he imitates the temple, he imitates every one of the "gifts of the spirit." He wants us to stay away from Pure energy healing - things like the Emotion Code - because he knows how much it can and does and will help us. He doesn't want us to learn about it and he for sure does not want us to figure out that we can heal because then he loses power over us and we gain power, strength and knowledge. He would rather we just lump it all together as "evil" or "weird
or "New Age" crazy stuff than to actually study it out, ponder and pray about it and find out just how great this work is. He wants us to be afraid of it.

The fact of the matter is - all matter is energy - out thoughts, our word, our actions. Everything is energy.

Question: What do you think Priesthood power is? Scientifically speaking even...if you studied and understood even the very basics of the body's energy system you would quickly learn there are reasons for things like why and how Priesthood blessings are done.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

jkrowe wrote: Question: What do you think Priesthood power is? Scientifically speaking even...if you studied and understood even the very basics of the body's energy system you would quickly learn there are reasons for things like why and how Priesthood blessings are done.
So, for example. Would the laying of hands on the head have anything to do with it also being the location of the Crown Chakra?

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Thanks for the post Julie. All matter is energy and thoughts are energy. I believe priesthood is a brotherhood and is not a power. The power in the priesthood is faith, which of course is power of thought or mind, energy.

The Lectures on Faith teach us that faith is the power that God used to create the earth. it is the power by which angels travel.
22 14 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God: so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

15 By this we understand that the principle of power, which existed in the bosom of God, by which the worlds were framed, was faith; and that it is by reason of this principle of power, existing in the Deity, that all created things exist-so that all things in heaven, on earth, or under the earth, exist by reason of faith, as it existed in HIM.

16 Had it not been for the principle of faith the worlds would never have been framed, neither would man have been formed of the dust--it is the principle by which Jehovah works, and through which he exercises power over all temporal, as well as eternal things. Take this principle or attribute, (for it is an attribute) from the Deity and he would cease to exist.

17 Who cannot see, that if God framed the worlds by faith, that it is by faith that he exercises power over them, and that faith is the principle of power? And that if the principle of power, it must be so in man as well as in the Deity? This is the testimony of all
We here understand, that the sacred writers say, that all these things were done by faith--It was by faith that the worlds were framed--God spake, chaos heard, and worlds came into order, by reason of the faith there was in HIM. So with man also--he spake

24 Faith, then, is the first great governing principle which has power, dominion, and authority over all things: by it they exist, by it they are upheld, by it they are changed, or by it they remain, agreeably to the will of God. Without it, there is no power, and without power there could be no creation, nor existence!

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

Yes...the crown chakra.

Also - Thank you for your post Thomas. I agree with you. Faith is the key and faith is an action word.
I love what you have posted.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Great, we have some energy healers here! Perhaps one of you could finally explain the mechanism of action whereby energy healing operates? I am wondering because if this can be taught (you know, like how to operate a complex machine) we could just teach it to everyone. Then we wouldn't need to worry about all this having a worthy priesthood holder there to act in God's place and call down God's power to complete the healing or initiate the miracle. We wouldn't need to live so faithfully all the time either - Wouldn't that save a tremendous amount of work!

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

nvr wrote:Great, we have some energy healers here! Perhaps one of you could finally explain the mechanism of action whereby energy healing operates? I am wondering because if this can be taught (you know, like how to operate a complex machine) we could just teach it to everyone. Then we wouldn't need to worry about all this having a worthy priesthood holder there to act in God's place and call down God's power to complete the healing or initiate the miracle. We wouldn't need to live so faithfully all the time either - Wouldn't that save a tremendous amount of work!
Well, it seems faith is the mechanism. I believe priesthood is an aid to faith and a brotherhood ( sisterhood for the sisters) that can access the faith of those behind the veil to assist in the righteous needs of those on this side of the veil.

Strengthening faith will give power to heal. There are examples of women healing by faith.

Faith controls the universe.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

nvr wrote:Great, we have some energy healers here! Perhaps one of you could finally explain the mechanism of action whereby energy healing operates? I am wondering because if this can be taught (you know, like how to operate a complex machine) we could just teach it to everyone. Then we wouldn't need to worry about all this having a worthy priesthood holder there to act in God's place and call down God's power to complete the healing or initiate the miracle. We wouldn't need to live so faithfully all the time either - Wouldn't that save a tremendous amount of work!
Sarcasm? Really?

Maybe you could explain the mechanism of faith whereby priesthood is given power? I am wondering because if this can be taught we could just teach it to everyone. Then we wouldn't need to worry about people looking to other methods to find help and relief because nobody in the church seems to understand faith/priesthood and how to actually make them useful in terms of blessing and healing. Wouldn't that be a tremendous blessing to people!

Or maybe they operate by similar principles? What a concept! Both require belief/faith to make them efficacious. Maybe the actions of the healers or the priesthood holder (laying on of hands) are simply tools to help focus our faith/intention (similar to a seer stone or urim and thummim). Otherwise how could people in the scriptures be healed with a mere touch? Or some even just a statement of faith (happened in the NT multiple times).

Maybe you should be willing to engage in more open and honest conversation rather than stooping to sarcasm. Maybe, just maybe, there's something about it you haven't learned yet or don't understand.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

The energy healing proponents do not claim it is faith based - they are saying it is manipulation of a 'human energy system'. There are, however, no peer-reviewed studies that demonstrate any measurable results from energy-healing methods.

Regarding priesthood power - the mechanism of action is not something that is readily understood. Likely it is His creation responding to its Creator. This is different than what energy healers are claiming they are achieving - curing diseases by waving hands around to manipulate an energy system that may or may not exist. Priesthood blessings do not involve waving hands around or waving acrylic wands with eyes painted on them around while reciting that there is no right or wrong. I don't know the mechanism behind how blessings given through the priesthood or through prayers of faith bring about miraculous results, but I know that when it happens it is always according to the Lord's will.

Are energy healers simply physically manipulating some actual human energy system as a person might twist and pull knobs? If so, the question is why aren't there repeatable scientific experiments that prove this.

It appears that some energy healers are claiming that they have somehow captured the mechanism whereby divine miraculous healing events occur and are using it in their work. The most disturbing part of this line of reasoning is that it is implied that this can be done without necessarily needing to be in accord with the Lord's will.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

nvr wrote:The energy healing proponents do not claim it is faith based - they are saying it is manipulation of a 'human energy system'. There are, however, no peer-reviewed studies that demonstrate any measurable results from energy-healing methods.

Regarding priesthood power - the mechanism of action is not something that is readily understood. Likely it is His creation responding to its Creator. This is different than what energy healers are claiming they are achieving - curing diseases by waving hands around to manipulate an energy system that may or may not exist. Priesthood blessings do not involve waving hands around or waving acrylic wands with eyes painted on them around while reciting that there is no right or wrong. I don't know the mechanism behind how blessings given through the priesthood or through prayers of faith bring about miraculous results, but I know that when it happens it is always according to the Lord's will.

Are energy healers simply physically manipulating some actual human energy system as a person might twist and pull knobs? If so, the question is why aren't there repeatable scientific experiments that prove this.

It appears that some energy healers are claiming that they have somehow captured the mechanism whereby divine miraculous healing events occur and are using it in their work. The most disturbing part of this line of reasoning is that it is implied that this can be done without necessarily needing to be in accord with the Lord's will.
You can't lump them all in together. There will be many different claims and opinions. Just because not every single one of them claims it's based on belief doesn't make it not true. You said it yourself, there are no peer-reviewed, measurable and repeatable results demonstrated by energy healers...therefore it isn't a physical mechanism they've discovered, but predicated on belief. If something positive results it is from God-as all good things are. And if you're going to throw that dumb measuring stick (peer-reviewed, measurable, etc) out there then you should probably apply it consistently. Put priesthood and miracles in an experimental environment and you'll get the same results as energy healers. Sometimes a priesthood blessing works and sometimes it doesn't. It isn't consistent or measurable, and therefore not efficacious in your opinion. In "priesthood" contexts sometimes hands are laid on, sometimes just a simple touch, sometimes clay and spit, sometimes a handkerchief, and sometimes nothing but a couple words are used. It is not the action itself that is important, that is merely a tool for focusing belief/faith. And the same can be said for energy work.

Priesthood holders also attempt to act outside of God's will. If they didn't then every blessing offered would be successful, or they wouldn't do it at all. But instead we just lay on hands willy-nilly and hope God blesses it that time, just as energy healers go about doing what they know how to do and hope that that time it will work. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. In both contexts it requires faith/belief.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Thomas wrote: Well, it seems faith is the mechanism. I believe priesthood is an aid to faith and a brotherhood ( sisterhood for the sisters) that can access the faith of those behind the veil to assist in the righteous needs of those on this side of the veil.

Strengthening faith will give power to heal. There are examples of women healing by faith.

Faith controls the universe.
I agree. I have witnessed miracles by priesthood holders who have the power to heal, who have great faith. I know of good men who dont seem to have the faith, when giving blessings, and therefore the results are less than positive. Faith is the key to have the power to heal and be healed.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

nvr wrote:The energy healing proponents do not claim it is faith based - they are saying it is manipulation of a 'human energy system'. There are, however, no peer-reviewed studies that demonstrate any measurable results from energy-healing methods.

Science is still in the dark ages.

Although, I am not schooled in the Emotion Code or other energy healing techniques, I think some of what Joseph Smith taught would back it up. Faith is not just a belief in God. Faith is the power of thoughts impacting the environment. We have faith putting one foot in front of the other will allow us to walk and not just stumble. Faith is the power that precedes all physical manifestations or movements. Thoughts and emotions impact our surroundings. Science is aware of this but they have little understanding of the how and why.

Part of what we are here for is to learn to have the faith to exist without seeing God uphold our existence. Part of being a God would be learning to control matter through the power of thought. God is more intelligent then them all therefore, matter conforms to his will. Some of us take baby steps in learning this while others don't even think about it. Whatever you decide will take place will happen, if you truly believe it will.

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

There have been lots of studies on the Placebo Effect, which operates purely on faith and has been proven to work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo_effect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some doctors have indeed noticed that getting their patients to believe that a treatment or cure will actually work is sometimes half the battle.

Prayer in large part is meant for us to gather our faith or concentrate our faith, kind of like gathering the energies of the universe or focusing our chi. Prayer is a way for bringing the energy of God or the energy of the Holy Ghost into our lives.

There have been times when I have been asleep and suddenly had the feeling that someone was standing there watching me. I open my eyes, and sure enough, there is my mother or my father standing there watching me waiting for me to wake up. There is an energy or an aura about a spirit that I have been able to detect or feel at times.

This is part of the reason why I keep saying that an online forum is one of the worst places to share the Gospel of Christ. I can't feel anyone's spirit through the internet. But, when I am in the presence of some people, their spirit just radiates energy and light, and I can feel it or sense it.

There is also the ever-growing belief that matter is made up of millions of vibrating strings of energy.

I personally have experienced benefit from accupressure, and some people have described that as rebalancing or opening the energies of the body so that the energy flows more naturally.

If some of the Lost Tribes of Israel are in fact in China, they will bring some of these faith-healing techniques with them when the Lord brings them back into the fold.

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

nvr wrote: It appears that some energy healers are claiming that they have somehow captured the mechanism whereby divine miraculous healing events occur and are using it in their work. The most disturbing part of this line of reasoning is that it is implied that this can be done without necessarily needing to be in accord with the Lord's will.
Well we have incidences through out scripture which tell of people being able to manipulate energy. And as Julie pointed out everything is energy whether it is an illness in someones body or a staff turned into a snake.

I believe it is still faith that is the power behind the miracle even if it is an evil act, otherwise the act would not be preformed.

Something to remember, in reference to your earlier post, is that healing is actually a gift of a BELIEVER, not a gift of the priesthood. SO a priesthood holder can certainly heal, but it will be because of his faith(Which obviously is required for anything he does using the priesthood), but a woman has just as much a right to heal as any priesthood holder......and it should go without saying that a "non-member" who believes can heal as well.

God himself uses "energy" to heal. How did Jesus bring the girl back to life or Lazerus without even touching them. He probably did not touch many of the people he healed. He spoke and energy obeyed.

I know people who heal who are very much into the new age beliefs. They call on "counselors" to help them amongst other things. They are my friends, but I steer clear of them and their healing, not because they don't mean well, but because they are going to a source that eliminates Jesus Christ. The work I do, includes a prayer to Him each time I do it, and I'll tell you what he can and will work his miracles through us, if we have enough faith.

I like this from Lecture 7:
We answer--we understand that when a man works by faith he works by mental exertion instead of physical force. It is by words, instead of exerting his physical powers, with which every being works when he works by faith.
So it seems that we must sift through all the information out there and find what is true and what is not, which is the case with everything from God, is it not? Mankind has always corrupted what is of God, they mingle scripture with the philosophies of men and we are left to sort it all out. But that is the whole point of our being here, isn't it.

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

Thank you so much for your awesome posts.

Faith is absolutely the key.

Additionally I will let you know that each and every time I work with someone - before starting their session - during their session - and immediately afterwards, I pray. I also ask each of my clients to pray silently before we start the session. I ALWAYS thank Father in Heaven for the healing that has taken place, for the Atonement, which makes it all possible. When I work with someone, and we release trapped emotions, I give them to the Lord because He is the one who takes care of that negative energy.

It is real and it works and the Emotion Code and Body Code work are gifts from the Lord. I know this. Even though I was shown this work during my NDE, I still had to research and study things out just like every one else. I still had to use my faith and try it out and learn and find out for myself that it really does work. I still had to have the Holy Ghost bear witness to me of the truthfulness of the work and that it is indeed of the light. This did not come easily - this took some time and effort on my part. I worked with several practitioners (each of whom I was guided to by the Holy Ghost) - and I learned from each of them. I did not begin my own certification as a practitioner until I was very comfortable with working on myself and my family and a few friends. Dr. Nelsons book, "The Emotion Code" is available online on Amazon.com or on his website http://www.healerslibrary.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The book explains the basics of this work and teaches the reader how to do the basic Emotion Code on their own. I was shown that Dr. Nelson was told by the spirit to write this book and to spread this message to help all of God's children, not just members of the LDS faith. I was shown that this work and others will be used in the Places of Refuge as well as in the New Jerusalem and into the Millenium. I am not alone in knowing this. I am not deceived in my understanding of this. If you read my next book where I discuss this topic in more detail and explain how I came to find Dr. Nelson, I believe that will help many who are struggling to know what is right and trying to discern and understand more.

I will say this: I do not fault anyone who questions my NDE experience or anything I write in my books or anywhere else. I think it is not only good to questions things, we are supposed to question things. That is how we learn and that is how we get answers. I will say that honestly, if these things had not happened to me personally, I too would probably initially have a difficult time believing some of what I claim I experienced. It is no small matter and the claims I make are of no small consequence.

I am naturally a very skeptical, analytical person, but I have learned through my experiences and through many many years of trials and adversity, that I need to let go of my natural inclinations that hinder me and hold me back so that I can be more open minded to what ever it is the Lord wants me to know and learn. As I have opened my heart up to the possibilities, it has been truly an amazing experience and I have come to know and understand so much more.

We are supposed to question things - but we are also supposed to do the work required to study things out in our heart and in our minds and then take our questions to the Lord in prayer. When He answers us, then we are accountable for the knowledge He gives us.

I know what I know and I know that God knows it. No matter what anyone else says or does, I am accountable to the Lord and it is up to me to do my part and follow through on what I know I have been asked to do.

It is not an easy thing for me, and for those who know me, they know that writing one book, let alone two, no matter what the topic, but especially something of this nature, is totally and completely out of my natural comfort zone.

They know the back story and they know how it has all come about. They know that I didn't go out seeking this - that I do not seek for fame or fortune and in fact I prefer the opposite.

I have told my friends and family for years that I would never want to be famous in any way, on any level for any reason. I would rather just live my simple life and go on in the comfort of my own home without the responsibility that now comes with writing these books and sharing this message.

But that is not the Lord's plan for me and that is not what I agreed to. I accepted this assignment because I love the Lord and I love His children. I am willing to write these books and speak openly about my experience because of that love and that is my motive and purpose.

My hope is that the message will get out to any and all that need to hear it, to help them in what ever way they need. I am a simply sharing my experience, sharing my witness and my testimony. I trust that the Holy Ghost will do the teaching. The Lord will handle things. I just need to be obedient and do my little part.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Last edited by passionflower on December 6th, 2016, 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

jkrowe wrote: The book explains the basics of this work and teaches the reader how to do the basic Emotion Code on their own. I was shown that Dr. Nelson was told by the spirit to write this book and to spread this message to help all of God's children, not just members of the LDS faith. I was shown that this work and others will be used in the Places of Refuge as well as in the New Jerusalem and into the Millenium. I am not alone in knowing this. I am not deceived in my understanding of this. If you read my next book where I discuss this topic in more detail and explain how I came to find Dr. Nelson, I believe that will help many who are struggling to know what is right and trying to discern and understand more.
It is interesting that you say this. I have felt that same thing and been directed to take certain actions and preparations so that I would be able to continue doing this work, specifically in "places of refuge".

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Post by azalea.rubicon »

I was starting to get a little good feeling about the whole thread but someone mentioned "Crown Chakra" and that's when I felt this ill feeling that this Emotion Code isn't right. I've read quite a bit about Chakra's and how Kundalini Yoga uses these chakras. Please read a bit about them, it's not of the Lord. The evil one can mix lies and pepper it with truth. I don't know a whole lot about Emotion Code and therefore has no right to judge but just what I've read about Chakra's and when someone mentioned it here made me ill.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Sigh.

Kumare send his love.

Njb

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Post by azalea.rubicon »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:Sigh.

Kumare send his love.

Njb

And DJWHAL KHUL sends his love to you!

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

azalea.rubicon wrote:I was starting to get a little good feeling about the whole thread but someone mentioned "Crown Chakra" and that's when I felt this ill feeling that this Emotion Code isn't right. I've read quite a bit about Chakra's and how Kundalini Yoga uses these chakras. Please read a bit about them, it's not of the Lord. The evil one can mix lies and pepper it with truth. I don't know a whole lot about Emotion Code and therefore has no right to judge but just what I've read about Chakra's and when someone mentioned it here made me ill.
It was me, of course, that mentioned them. I appreciate the comment. We have studied up on them. But more than study we also have personal experiences. One thing in particular that stands out, since my wife can feel the energy, is that whenever angels or beings of a higher nature than us are around she can feel them, particularly in her crown chakra. Also when we're doing energy work and negative emotions are released, she feels it leave but also senses it in her crown. So again, I appreciate the comment, but out personal experience is nothing but good.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.