Do People Get Possessed by Evil Spirits?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
bethany
captain of 100

Re: Do People Get Possessed by Evil Spirits?

Post by bethany »

Desert Roses wrote:Thank you, Bethany! that story and the website are very helpful to me particularly, as a therapist. This really gives me good insight! Is this a current website? I note that many of the tabs don't work. Even if not, the reading list is great.
that's the first time i encountered the website. i didn't want to post this story unless someone had previously done so.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Desert Roses wrote:Also, thanks Bethany--I started doing a little research, and realized this "possession" can be a good explanation of why reincarnation is believable. If, as it seems, these spirits are those who died in their sins and are now in the body/mind of mortals, when memories of these spirits come up, without understanding they are not "ME" but "the other" spirit whose memories these are, it begins to appear that there was another life lived!

Very helpful! Thanks again, Bethany!
If a spirit can dwell in a human body then what about when we create synthetic bodies, maybe even with synthetic, man-made DNA, and also possessing artificial intelligence? Could this enable Satan's spirits to be able to function in these super-human entities?

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Fiannan wrote:
Desert Roses wrote:Also, thanks Bethany--I started doing a little research, and realized this "possession" can be a good explanation of why reincarnation is believable. If, as it seems, these spirits are those who died in their sins and are now in the body/mind of mortals, when memories of these spirits come up, without understanding they are not "ME" but "the other" spirit whose memories these are, it begins to appear that there was another life lived!

Very helpful! Thanks again, Bethany!
If a spirit can dwell in a human body then what about when we create synthetic bodies, maybe even with synthetic, man-made DNA, and also possessing artificial intelligence? Could this enable Satan's spirits to be able to function in these super-human entities?
Possibly. It's the DNA they often attach to.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

Fiannan wrote: If a spirit can dwell in a human body then what about when we create synthetic bodies, maybe even with synthetic, man-made DNA, and also possessing artificial intelligence? Could this enable Satan's spirits to be able to function in these super-human entities?
My understanding is that these are mortals who have died "in their sins" and do not leave earth but "attach" or enter other people, rather than pre-mortal followers of Satan, who were eternally denied physical bodies.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Desert Roses wrote:
Fiannan wrote: If a spirit can dwell in a human body then what about when we create synthetic bodies, maybe even with synthetic, man-made DNA, and also possessing artificial intelligence? Could this enable Satan's spirits to be able to function in these super-human entities?
My understanding is that these are mortals who have died "in their sins" and do not leave earth but "attach" or enter other people, rather than pre-mortal followers of Satan, who were eternally denied physical bodies.

The DNA holds the bonds, information, blueprints for much of it. Unclean spirits typically attach to emotions. But emotions can become anchored into the DNA by repeating several generations. We also generate thought form entities.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

Really interesting information, bethany. Quick question about releasing these unclean spirits since I know you have a lot of experience with these kinds of things... If someone wants unclean spirits to be released, do you believe it's necessary to seek out a priesthood holder who already has belief and understanding of this (which I can imagine is very few and far between). The man who wrote this seemed to indicate that they could only be released by priesthood authority and using the correct terms. Is this something that can be overcome with releasing negative emotions and faith, prayer, etc, without the need for a priesthood holder who understands all of this? I am guessing any and everyone could use such blessings.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

No, you do not need the priesthood for this. The priesthood is needed in ordinances, but every one of us has authority over our bodies, we all have agency. These guys are interlopers & trespassers exploiting vulnerability conditions. They also inspire ppl who entertain them into creating pitfalls & conditions where the full truth is not disclosed. Legalitarianism is the center of their snares.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

SAM wrote:Really interesting information, bethany. Quick question about releasing these unclean spirits since I know you have a lot of experience with these kinds of things... If someone wants unclean spirits to be released, do you believe it's necessary to seek out a priesthood holder who already has belief and understanding of this (which I can imagine is very few and far between). The man who wrote this seemed to indicate that they could only be released by priesthood authority and using the correct terms. Is this something that can be overcome with releasing negative emotions and faith, prayer, etc, without the need for a priesthood holder who understands all of this? I am guessing any and everyone could use such blessings.
My reading shows that anyone (LDS or not) who understands this has been able to release these spirits. Remarkable Healings by Modi, MD, recounts her experiences as a psychiatrist with this phenomenon. Some of the stuff out there on this seem to impute ALL mental illness and most negative behavior to these unclean spirits. That is not my understanding; sometimes people have physical problems in the brain, poor health that impacts mental illness, or they are just plain mean or bad by choice.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

SAM wrote:Really interesting information, bethany. Quick question about releasing these unclean spirits since I know you have a lot of experience with these kinds of things... If someone wants unclean spirits to be released, do you believe it's necessary to seek out a priesthood holder who already has belief and understanding of this (which I can imagine is very few and far between). The man who wrote this seemed to indicate that they could only be released by priesthood authority and using the correct terms. Is this something that can be overcome with releasing negative emotions and faith, prayer, etc, without the need for a priesthood holder who understands all of this? I am guessing any and everyone could use such blessings.

Through his priesthood he was forcing them to leave. Which does not address the vulnerability. Disintegrate the vulnerability or bond & they are homeless. I agree with Dr. Fish that they can go to the light. He spends time convincing them to repent & go. I started doing that, but now I just send them to holding rooms. They can make up their mind there abt their future. Also these beings themselves are extorted. I have some gifts but not what they were... I was clearing a friend of many, she watched them leave & I told them that through the name of Christ they could be freed of their bonds also. One turned around & impassioned said thank you. They were as bound to their behavior by external sources as we end up. It caused me to feel compassion for their plight as well. Alan Greenspan has a quote abt the economy being one fraud upon another being put upon the ppl. That describes precisely the economy of devils.

Btw, I am addressing all entities, I don't sort them out when I remove bonds. I know we get stuck on the unclean. Ppl will have to make up their own mind abt Dr. Fish. Before i sent them all to the light, I would get the follow up attacks. They belong to a 'place' which they return to & report their failures. That is how 3 times as many come scurrying back to assault you. Send them to holding rooms & the rounds of attacks stop. Nobody is reporting.
Last edited by bethany on June 4th, 2014, 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Desert Roses wrote:
My reading shows that anyone (LDS or not) who understands this has been able to release these spirits. Remarkable Healings by Modi, MD, recounts her experiences as a psychiatrist with this phenomenon. Some of the stuff out there on this seem to impute ALL mental illness and most negative behavior to these unclean spirits. That is not my understanding; sometimes people have physical problems in the brain, poor health that impacts mental illness, or they are just plain mean or bad by choice.
The physical issues are manifestations of things that were not healed in past generations. All distortions in the DNA will eventually show in physical bodies. Attachers will create membranes & partitions in the brain that can influence behavior randomly. The problem is that it can take a long time working through layers & the person assisting needs knowledge. We quit too soon. We want the quick blessing & go merrily on our way. But severe cases are layers upon layers. If it is manifesting in serious conditions, it's a labor.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

An example of something showing itself physically.... I was just catching up with my husbands aunt having found her on facebook. Turned out she was a fan of energy healing so I thought I would show her a little of Dr. Nelson's work. She had mentioned that she had a history of uterine fibroids. I explained to her that miasms are energies from ancestors that were never healed. Some illness or condition was passed to future generations. I was not focused on this particular issue she named, I asked... She has a miasm that can be released now? Yes. I tracked it back to where it began & then identified the location. It was in the uterus. I ended up releasing the underlying cause.... 2 weeks later she couldn't wait to tell me that the Dr. could not find her fibroids. That was one of the more extreme responses. By clearing the energy in the body part, the immune system could do its job.

Aussie
captain of 100

Post by Aussie »

My daughter suffers from so called schizophrenia. I also do believe that she has suffered from a cognitive impairment and that is one of the areas that made her so vulnerable and able to be possessed by such strong unclean / evil spirits.

I really believe that they target mainly the righteous and then the vulnerable, weak, angry, hostile, jealous, sad, depressed, promiscuous and so on and so forth. How wonderful it must be when they are able to cause one of God's great ones to transgress or become vulnerable. I truly believe their main aim and goal is to try and destroy God's chosen and elect saints.

I remember reading an article written by a man who suffered from schizophrenia for twenty six years and then was healed by Jesus. He was not a member of our church but he was healed. He turned his life over to Jesus and Jesus completely healed him. It was his miracle.

In his article he stated very similar events to what my own daughter has stated. When she got possessed she told me that she could see / hear evil / unclean spirits everywhere especially in shopping centres. She told me that there were three that hang around her all the time and they hated me with a passion. She said that they were fluorescent in colour: one was blue, one was, orange and the other was red. I also perceived and knew as soon as my daughter went into a psychosis that she was possessed. The evil spirit in her looked at me and hated me from the begining.

So when I read the article written by the man who suffered for twenty six years with schizophrenia about seven years ago I knew exactly what he was talking about. He stated that these three main spirits that constantly hang around are some of your ancestors and they hang around your family line waiting to possess the vulnerable and weak ones. He also stated that the host evil / unclean spirit that possesses you is in constant communication with those that hang around you and you can hear everything they say. In addition to this he stated that most of the time all of them possess the victim but some get angry with the other ones and want to be in the body by themselves. They fight amongst themselves for leadership.

This was exactly what was happening with my daughter she would have conversations all the time with them because her cognitions were impaired. They pretended to be her friends when most other people (members of the church) were shunning her and treating her like a freak. So she befriended them in her vulnerable state. She could hear different things on the radio, television. computer. They get into everything. He also stated the same sort of things like that he could hear their communications and they made him think that the people on the tv, radio etc were talking to him and saying horrible things to him. He also said that they give you nightmares and show you all sorts of past events and even future events. They want nothing more than to send you crazy and make you suicidal.

I'm not sure if the vulnerability to become possessed is in our DNA or if its a mixture of pre-existent weakness / vulnerabilities, some genetic problems, psychological disturbances, nutritional deficiencies and of course evil / unclean spirit possession (hanging around the family line) along with environmental factors: family, drugs / prescription drugs, alcohol, rebellion etc.

I know they definitely are watching to see who is vulnerable or who is sinning enough to open themselves up to possession. They are also the masters of rebellion, pride, deceit, manipulation, illusions, delusions, nightmares, confusion, control, conditioning, fear, horror, illness and every perversion imaginable.

However many really good people are afflicted by these barbarians. Joseph Smith himself was being so afflicted one night by an evil or unclean spirit that he could not stop vomiting, the evil spirit was literally making him vomit and he could not stop. He had vomited so much and then he started to vomit up poison. His vomiting was so severe that it dislocated his jaw. He knew he needed a blessing so he pushed his dislocated jaw back into place and went to his Bishop. The Bishop rebuked the evil spirit and commanded it to leave and it left straight away.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

And Aussie have you been able to help your daughter?

I had an uncle who was schizophrenic. At this point I believe it was due to an ancestral line that had been involved in some level of dark cultism. I'm not certain but that side of the family had a few issues in the DNA. I could never get any temple work on this one line. It was as if they hid from me.

When we take on these things from our ancestors, we choose it before we come here, because they still hold the patterns in them. These things are overcome in the flesh, & it frees them too.

Ratbag
captain of 100

Post by Ratbag »

Sam-

It really depends on whether or not a person is actually possessed by devils or unclean spirits. The problem is that much of the illnesses we are afflicted with are the result of unclean spirits. Joseph Smith, Brigham Young and a host of other apostles and prophets taught that during a blessing, the illness or disease should be "rebuked" and commanded to depart. This is the exact same thing they taught as to casting out evil/unclean spirits. To cast out an evil/unclean spirit, it is required to use consecrated oil.
If any are sick among you, let them send for the Elders of the Church to pray for them, and to lay their hands upon them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord, and the prayer of faith shall save the sick. People neglect to anoint with oil when they should and might use it. I have seen the Elders try to cast out devils, and to accomplish it they have fasted, and prayed, and laid on hands, and rebuked the devil, but he would not go out. I have then seen them bring consecrated oil, and anoint the person possessed of the devil, and the devil went out forthwith. That taught me a good lesson—that God Almighty, when He speaks, means what He says; and if a man's works are right, his faith will be right; and if his faith is wrong, his works are wrong. When a man whose faith is right goes forth to administer to the sick, he will anoint with oil, as well as lay on his hands and pray. Unless you anoint with oil, your prayers will not rise higher than the fog, and you know that it seldom rises much higher than the tops of the mountains. (JD 2:276-77)
There is so much more that I could quote, but it would take up most of the bandwidth of this site.
bethany wrote:No, you do not need the priesthood for this. The priesthood is needed in ordinances, but every one of us has authority over our bodies, we all have agency. These guys are interlopers & trespassers exploiting vulnerability conditions. They also inspire ppl who entertain them into creating pitfalls & conditions where the full truth is not disclosed. Legalitarianism is the center of their snares.
This is a good ability to have. I'm curious: what do you attribute your abilities to heal to?

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

I find myself wondering how temple attendance affects these unclean spirits. While in the temple this morning, pondering some of the scriptures in regard to this issue, I became clearly aware that regular (weekly) temple attendance on my part years ago was a large part of the ones bothering me for most of my life leaving. It was the last two years of my former marriage, which was angry and abusive on both sides. When I started going to the temple weekly in desperation to claim the blessings promised by my stake president of peace in the home, I began changing...inexplicably, my anger problems and abusive language disappeared.

I felt impressed that they cannot enter the temple; therefore, the more I was in the temple, the less "attached" they were, making it much easier when I did receive a blessing for it.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Ratbag, I sent a pm.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Desert Roses wrote:I find myself wondering how temple attendance affects these unclean spirits. While in the temple this morning, pondering some of the scriptures in regard to this issue, I became clearly aware that regular (weekly) temple attendance on my part years ago was a large part of the ones bothering me for most of my life leaving. It was the last two years of my former marriage, which was angry and abusive on both sides. When I started going to the temple weekly in desperation to claim the blessings promised by my stake president of peace in the home, I began changing...inexplicably, my anger problems and abusive language disappeared.

I felt impressed that they cannot enter the temple; therefore, the more I was in the temple, the less "attached" they were, making it much easier when I did receive a blessing for it.
Really interesting and compelling idea . . . and on your part, your experience. Very much related to this thread.

It also fits the idea expressed in the Temple Attendance thread that doing work for our ancestors may empower them to turn it around and give us more help and aide from beyond the veil.

So not only do we shed ourselves of 'unclean' spirit attachments, but we empower those we do temple work for to give us more help from the spiritual realm.

What a nice rationale for increased temple attendance. Think I'll try to put this to actual, practical use.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

"You can trace every sickness, every disease and every ailment to a nutritional deficiency." - Linus Pauling Winner of two Nobel Prizes

You never felt a pain and ache, or felt disagreeable, or uncomfortable in your bodies and minds, but what an evil spirit was present causing it. Do you realize that the ague, the fever, the chills, the severe pain in the head, the pleurisy or any pain in the system, from the crown of the head to the soles of the feet, is put there by the devil? You do not realize this, do you? I say but little about this matter.... When you have the rheumatism, do you realize that the devil put that upon you? No, but you say, "I got wet, caught cold, and thereby got the rheumatism." The spirits that afflict us and plant disease in our bodies, pain in the system, and finally death, have control over us so far as the flesh is concerned." (Journal of Discourses Vol 4, p 133, emphasis added)

http://uncleanspirits.blogspot.tw/2012/ ... sical.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://tamarasbook.blogspot.tw/2008/12/ ... irits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://latterdaycommentary.blogspot.tw/ ... -evil.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://tamarasbook.blogspot.tw/2007/12/ ... lness.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

I think they work in tandem. Attachments have the ability to strangle nutrition from body parts. And poor nutrition allows for attachments to form. They both enhance each other. Look how many ppl have intolerances to foods or even the inability to digest certain things.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ratbag wrote:Do people, adults and children, get possessed by evil spirits? If so, how common is it. If you do or do not think so, please back up what you say by scripture and quotes from church sources.
Yes, I think it's possible, to a degree, and more importantly, we can prevent or correct it. Though, children are more vulnerable.
As adults, it's important to realize the power we have, and that it is NOT just an external force overcoming us against our will.

Imperfection is when we mess up, but then at least acknowledge that we messed up.
Evil is when we mess up and then fail to acknowledge it, and even go to the extreme of covering it up or blaming another for it.

How we are affected by evil depends on how much ignor-ance of our imperfections that we nourish.
Consider the parable of the self-righteous priest and humble tax-collector, and the 2 thieves on each side of Jesus - one tried to shift blame to Jesus and the other humbly took responsibility & Jesus said he'd be with him in paradise.
God created us imperfect and saw that it was good, as long as we humbly acknowledge our imperfection, so "weak things can be made strong."

Sin is incorrect thought and associated feelings and actions. This is why Jesus said, "Whether I say thy sins are forgiven thee or arise and walk it is the same" (paraphrasing). "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." Metaphysics like the placebo effect prove the influence of thoughts and feelings on our bodies.
God is light and truth... and "the truth shall set you free."
Lies enforce bondage to metaphorical monsters you choose to ignore, but some lies we don't even realize for what they are!
To start, consider how we think which affects how we feel & act toward ourselves & others...
What cognitive distortions do we entertain? http://psychcentral.com/lib/15-common-c ... ns/0002153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What life trap/schema do we cling to? http://lifetraptest.com/lifetraps.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We may have inherited some of these (from family dynamics, etc.) but as adults, it's our response-ability to tend our own.

Remember, scriptures are not literal scientific or historical lessons, but symbolic, spiritual lessons.
"Master will not suffer his house to be broken up." - D&C 104:86
"Jesus knew their thoughts... a house divided against itself shall not stand." -Matt 12:25
House is symbolic for our souls - spirits and bodies.
If we maintain awareness of our bodies (& the many messages they tell us not just physiologically but also metaphysically) & minds, then our conscious presence will prevent other influences from taking over. If we remain true to our sense of integrity (as humanly imperfect as possible) and when we mess up, acknowledge it and try to improve, we won't be internally divided and subject to turmoil. It's like there are seeds within each of us... if we water the good seeds, we'll get good fruit, but if we fail to water them, the "weed" seeds will take over.

Cookies
captain of 100

Post by Cookies »

The second Sarah realized that the Goblin King was a creation of her own mind, he disappeared! "You have no power over me!" she told him! And she was right, because SHE was his creator!
....Yet, she still decided to keep the creations that brought her joy, hanging around. ;)

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Cookies wrote:The second Sarah realized that the Goblin King was a creation of her own mind, he disappeared! "You have no power over me!" she told him! And she was right, because SHE was his creator!
....Yet, she still decided to keep the creations that brought her joy, hanging around. ;)
The easiest person to fool is ourselves!
It is a bit of a paradox. At some point, most of us realize our thoughts cannot help but be subjective... for good or bad.
It's a blessing to realize the bad subjectivity is in our minds - so we can simply change our thoughts and thus feel & behave better.
However, the good subjectivity in our minds needs to be nourished (with appropriate reality checks)...
"Functional illusions are priceless!" :)

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I was wondering what makes one more vulnerable to bad spirits, and how to guard against evil spirits.
I do not think that God imposes evil spirits on us, contrary to Pslams 78:49.
Just as "the kingdom (realm/experience) of God is within you" - so do we resonate to evil internally - not externally.
It's all internal processes - so it must be explored and dealt with internally.

A lot of OT scriptures refer to "familiar spirits."
Familiar is "commonly or generally known or seen; well acquainted; pertaining to a family or household..."
I do think that spirits - good and bad - that we resonate to are often in a sort of either biological and/or spiritual family.

It's interesting that Jesus gave power against unclean spirits and to cast them out and heal all dis-ease - as if disease is related to unclean spirits.
I appreciate that it is important to pray - and "evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray."
Evil spirits inspire hurting others, and often we may be unaware of its influence on us (Luke 9:52-55).

What has really helped me realize and feel empowered about how to guard against evil spirits is meaning from Matt. 12:43-45.
Unclean spirits taken otu of a man may return to that man if the man is "empty, swept and garnished" - and may even bring more evil spirits than previously.
Empty: unoccupied, unconscious, without knowledge or sense, hungry.
Swept: to make a path or opening for, make space for, remove and clear obstacles.
Garnished: crudely or tastelessly colorful, showy, or elaborate (appealing, comfortably resonating)

The key to not being taken by evil spirits is to be conscious - to be mindful- mentally occupied in our spirits - with what we really want - what is of God, so there is no room for evil.
It is not to be so busy even doing good - that you are ignorant if what you're doing is really good.
But it is to be mindful - to know and be aware of your own strengths as well as weaknesses - and doing your humanly best possible, while acknowledging when you inevitably make mistakes, correcting ways and improving.
It is, with reasonable and spiritual guidance, being captain of one's own soul - rather than mindlessless going along with some other master.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

Do People Get Possessed by Evil Spirits? Yes they do. Mostly because their behavior, but sometimes I think being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had a missionary companion that was a recent convert. His convert story is quite interesting. In Brazil there are some witchcraft / Black Magic religions that are unfortunately popular - Macumba, Umbanda and Candomblé to name a few. They actually invite the spirits into their bodies. There was a huge problem with possession from evil spirits and the missionaries had all sorts of encounters.

My companion wasn't into that stuff, but he and his brother bought a house where those rituals were performed by the previous owners. They were there cleaning up the place and painting over all of the Satanic symbols, and fixing it up. At the end of the day they decided to stay the night. My companion woke up in the middle of the night just in time to see a spirit descend into his chest. It lifted him up off the bed a couple of feet, and he blacked out. He woke up the next day in the middle of the street, with a big knife in his hand and his brother yelling at him, asking why he would want to kill him. My companion was scared and looked for help. He said that he looked in the mirror and could tell that something wasn't right. He prayed for help, and what do you know, he came across a pair of LDS missionaries later that day. They gave him a blessing and cast it out. He took the discussions, got baptized and started preparing for a mission.

Unfortunately, it wasn't until after out first "encounter" as companions that he told me about his conversion story. I won't go into details, but I will say that it truly happens, and it is frightening. Unexplainable things happen, and most of all EVIL has a feeling, like hot or cold, or anything else, I felt it, heard it and I'll leave it at that. I also came to know of the power of the Priesthood in dealing with these issues, it is a true power. God also watches over his servants and builds them up to handle these situations. You learn the some of the things that you see in movies are actual things that occur (maybe not exactly), and there is a lot more that you see in movies which is just stupid, made up stuff that doesn't bear any resemblance to the truth. My companion told me about his Partiarchal Blessing where it talked about what he endured, and it told him that he would be called upon to help many others who faced the same situation (I wish I knew about his blessing when we first became companions).

Suffice to say, that was the first of many situations that I faced. Some of my junior companions got their first experience while with me. One, poor guy, Opened his eyes during the blessing while we were casting an evil spirit out of a lady. He saw it leave her and turn and look him in the eye, then walk off. He was freaked out for a long time.

This stuff is real folks, it's not something you want to experience. Same people try to chalk it off as someone who is crazy, that there is no such thing, but there is a HUGE difference between mental illness and someone who is possessed. If you experience it in your lifetime, you will understand. Unfortunately, I would guess that many many missionaries all around the world, in Africa, The Caribbean, and South America, as well as other places can tell you of their encounters, but they probably will not. They will tell you that they happened, but not go into details about what happened. In fact, I've probably spoken too much.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Are you Brasilian?