Do People Get Possessed by Evil Spirits?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Re: Do People Get Possessed by Evil Spirits?

Post by Hyrcanus »

kathedralegs wrote:I agree with both your statements. Two years ago I was closer to your position on this topic. I certainly wasn't looking to find evil spirits. Far from it. Fortunately for my personal circumstances I have been taught that they do exist and they do afflict much of mankind. The best defense they have is people's ignorance. If you truly want to understand don't lean on your own understanding but ask Father.
Like I noted earlier, I'd love to see something that confirms the existence of the supernatural. I'm so willing to see it that some of my godless friends are convinced that I'll eventually swing back into faith just because I seem to want it so bad. The vast majority of what I've seen though is similar to what is in this thread. Lots of very sincere people sharing personal anecdotes that may or may have been what they think they are.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Hycranus, perhaps you should ask someone to cast evil spirits out of you.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

bethany wrote:
Light of Christ wrote: Very interesting. I would imagine that there must be other ways to produce the same effect as well or we would all be condemned to struggle with evil spirits unless we had read the Emotion Code book. I will see if I can get my hands on a copy of the book.
there are other ways & means. 'Feelings Buried Alive Never Die', EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique, Body Talk, Quantum Touch, etc. there are other methodologies that can facilitate.

however, i find emotion code the best method that i have encountered. i've tried or used a practitioner of all of the above & found them beneficial but emotion code delivered better results. with eft, it can take quite a while reprogramming an experience or phobia, what have you.. with emotion code you identify what trapped emotions were involved or attached to a trauma or event, remove it & replace it. done. it can be done in less than 5 min. with eft, it can take 20 min or more to do the same thing.
Does the emotion code and these other methodologies use the power of the atonement?

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Robert Sinclair wrote:No food or water and at a point faith alone would begin to sustain one. Of interest for any who enjoy these things many of the Lost Books of the Bible and Forgotten Books of Eden have even Adam and Eve fasting till the end of 40 days ( Google : The First Book Of Adam and Eve ) Chapter LXXI where it says - And Adam remained thus standing and praying forty days and forty nights. He neither ate nor drank until he dropped down upon the earth from hunger and thirst. And again in chapter LXXIII where it says - then Adam and Eve began to fast and pray, until the end of the 40 days; and then they came together, as the angels had told them. This book had been found to have been translated from Arabic-Egyptian-Ethiopic- to English with parts of this book found in the Talmud and the Koran! This book is truly an adventure to read. It speaks of Eves' first birth was a son Cain and a daughter Luluwa, this is interesting as then Eve has a second birth of another son Able and a daughter Aklia. Then another birth of Seth alone. Now Cain had desires to his sister that Able had been promised to and Satan came and tempted him to kill his brother and the sister would be left for him. And Cain took a large stone and smote his brother until his brains oozed out, and weltered in his blood before him. And that only those 5 children did Adam and Eve have. So Seth married Aklia instead. And much fasting and prayer is written of in this book as the ways of righteousness.
Robert, I think you should be careful about this and make sure that it is the Lord's will before you attempt such a thing. Faith in Christ necessitates doing Christ's will. If he is not on board with you on this, then no amount of belief on your part is going to allow you to do it.

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Light of Christ wrote:Hycranus, perhaps you should ask someone to cast evil spirits out of you.
How did you arrive at the conclusion that I need to have evil spirits cast out of me?

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

bethany wrote:negative trapped emotions can be removed in a very easy process as outlined in the book 'The Emotion Code' by Dr. Bradley Nelson. the process is quick & easy & you should be able to find a youtube video demonstrating the process. muscle testing is used to find & name the trapped emotion & in the beginning it is necessary to discover when it happened & how it happened, but after coming to comprehend how these things affect us, we can move past that process & simply call out the trapped emotions using a magnet at first (which after the person's intent is strengthened can be dispensed with). of course a priesthood holder can study the process & simply use the priesthood to release them.

in removing a curse or contract, you are engaging in 'legaleze' or a legal argument. after discovering the name of the bond involved then you would release it through 'truth' & 'agency'. these things are not placed there without deception being involved & therefore once you recognize what happened, it is through agency that you release the lie. but its a little more involved than that. they are usually more intricate than simple curses.

many of these things can be removed by simply stating that you are releasing them... adding a magnet to the release simply magnifies your intent & aids in speeding up the process.
I've actually looked into most of this, and I will tell you in my opinion, based on the way they work and the ideas behind them, they are Satanic in origin. Energy is indeed the power that Christ uses, but it is only under His authorization and through Him that healing and casting out of negative spirits, emotions, trauma effects, etc. can be done for the long-term. Those are best accessed, in my experience, through priesthood blessings, prayer, and efforts to do God's will in all things (deep humility). Even 12-Step programs that deal with long-term addictions recognized this power. Energy work can work, just like ouji boards, seances, and other Satanically powered things work. Satan has done all he can to assert that he is the "God of this world" and tries to imitate and copy the works of God in every way he can. I've done "energy work" and come to the conclusion that it is not a way to cast out evil, but rather opens the door for it and pushes God out in many cases.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Hyrcanus,
Years ago more than 40 I had driven with some friends for 70 miles on a dirt road out of Peach Springs Arizona to the top of an area above the Grand Canyon. My friends and I hiked 10 miles down into the canyon through and Indian village where we befriended some of the locals. This area has beautiful waterfalls and scenery. Just down past one of the falls where we were camping some of the local Indians came down to our camp and showed us of some plants seeds growing in that canyon. I believe the plant is known as a variety of the Jimpson weed plant with white lily like trumpet flowers and prickly seed pods. My friends partook of the seeds given them of the natives. Within an hour or so they began to see things right out of air that I could not see and had visions and dreams right before their eyes for about 24-36 hours. Possibly if you want to see with your own eyes a journey for a day and a half this might be something to help you. Google Jimpson weed seeds and find a safe place for your spiritual journey where you will see things and dream things while you are wide awake for over 24 hours. Very real to them but I could see none of it.
Last edited by Robert Sinclair on May 22nd, 2014, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Hyrcanus wrote:
Light of Christ wrote:Hycranus, perhaps you should ask someone to cast evil spirits out of you.
How did you arrive at the conclusion that I need to have evil spirits cast out of me?
Evil spirits do not want to be detected so most frequently they will do everything they can to make you think they are not there. In today's world they have done a good job of convincing the vast majority that they do not exist. You said you used to believe but now you do not. It occurred to me that that might be the work of evil spirits.

If you asked someone to cast evil spirits out of you, it would have to be someone of great faith so they could make up for your lack of faith.

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Light of Christ wrote:
Hyrcanus wrote:
Evil spirits do not want to be detected so most frequently they will do everything they can to make you think they are not there. In today's world they have done a good job of convincing the vast majority that they do not exist. You said you used to believe but now you do not. It occurred to me that that might be the work of evil spirits.

If you asked someone to cast evil spirits out of you, it would have to be someone of great faith so they could make up for your lack of faith.
So I'm possessed by an evil spirit because I don't believe in evil spirits?

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Understanding of what is evil is needed to see and understand and know.
The wise way to get this knowledge is to feast upon the words of Jesus Christ until you know every single thing that Jesus Christ has said.
Then you can track them down inside of you and know when they are still there. You will know of yourself it is forbidden to be prideful or mean. You will come to know that these are not so easily removed as one might think.
They have come to live inside of me and although are not always present if I am watchful and prayerful the minute I am not watching they come and manifest that they are still within me. Keep watch yourself can you for even one whole week never speak a word of pride or meanness?
If Jesus Christ is your savior and your guide and you know all of his words you will be able to see and know who it is that is within you at all times if you are watching.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Hyrcanus wrote:
Light of Christ wrote:
Hyrcanus wrote: How did you arrive at the conclusion that I need to have evil spirits cast out of me?

So I'm possessed by an evil spirit because I don't believe in evil spirits?
Yes. With further evidence presented by the fact that you used to believe and now do not.

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Light of Christ wrote:Yes. With further evidence presented by the fact that you used to believe and now do not.
That is circular reasoning which is a logical fallacy.

I'm not actually opposed to the idea of having evil spirits cast out of me, I'm just pointing out that even if I did that, if I didn't believe in evil spirits afterwards your line of reasoning would lead to the same conclusion.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Ratbag wrote:
brlenox wrote:
Ratbag wrote:
There are so many people, including so many LDS who think that the ancient apostles were simply mistaken in believing that Christ actually cast out evils spirits, or who think things like mental illnesses, disease, deafness, blindness, etc., were just a bunch of uneducated hicks. We now have modern science that explains why the ancient apostles were mistaken. I pity these people. Why? Because I’m going to take the word of modern apostles, prophets and scripture over these educated idiots who spout the wisdom of the world.
So the question begs to be asked, have you actual experience in these matters?
As a matter of fact, I have personal experience with this, which is the reason why I began researching this in the first place. I had some unclean spirits cast out of me by my bishop on December 19, 2012. My wife has a very powerful gift of the discerning of spirits and she suspected I was possessed. To make a long story short, when the bishop gave me the blessing and commanded them to leave, I felt them leave me. It was like an angry bee hive in my body that was then ripped forcibly from me. When the blessing was over, I jumped up and told the bishop I felt them leave. He said to me, "I heard them leave. There was this whooshing sound as they left." I've never been the same person since. A similar thing happened to my son about 9 months ago when I cast an unclean spirit out of him. He described something similar to what I experienced. Ever since then, I've spent a couple hundred hours researching everything I can find about possession.

I dealt with severe depression for over 50 years. The last 11 years of my depression I was suicidal. The only thing that kept me alive was my testimony. I instinctively knew that if I killed myself, I would be so much worse off. During a 14 year time period, I was given 22 different antidepressants, antipsychotics and antianxiety drugs. NONE of them worked. The only thing that resulted from the drugs was that they turned me into a zombie. I took Seroquel for 11 years and the only thing it did was make me sleep for 12-14 hours a day, strip all the good emotion from me and make me vomit for 6 weeks when I finally came off the drug. I'm no longer depressed because of one single person with the spirit of discernment who helped me deal with the causes of the depression.

My daughter is schizophrenic and, of course, according to the pseudo science of psychiatry, she doesn't really see or hear anything. It's all in her head. A lot of ignorant or highly educated idiots LDS (sometimes, but not always the same people) believe this garbage, too. I wonder if they can explain two things that I heard. Last year, at 2:00 am, my daughter did a stage dive into bed with my wife and I. She was frantic and said that there was growling coming from her room. My wife got up and went to her room to listen. A few seconds later, she called me over to listen. I walked in and coming from the room was the most inhuman growling I'd ever heard in my life. There wasn't anything in the room. I rebuked the evil spirit and the growling didn't come back.

About two months later, about 11:30 pm, I was working on the computer when my daughter screamed. I came walking down the hall and before I got to her room, I heard this horrible hissing sound coming from the hallway right outside her bedroom door. I stepped into her room and asked her what was wrong. She said there was hissing coming from the hallway. I rebuked those evil spirits and the hissing never came back. My daughter is possessed by some very strong evil spirits and sees them all the time.

I don't trust pshrinks as far as I can spit. I think a voodoo witch doctor would do more good. Possession is very real and happens all the time.
FTW.

njb

Dannyk
captain of 100

Post by Dannyk »

Hyrcanus wrote:
kathedralegs wrote:I agree with both your statements. Two years ago I was closer to your position on this topic. I certainly wasn't looking to find evil spirits. Far from it. Fortunately for my personal circumstances I have been taught that they do exist and they do afflict much of mankind. The best defense they have is people's ignorance. If you truly want to understand don't lean on your own understanding but ask Father.
Like I noted earlier, I'd love to see something that confirms the existence of the supernatural. I'm so willing to see it that some of my godless friends are convinced that I'll eventually swing back into faith just because I seem to want it so bad. The vast majority of what I've seen though is similar to what is in this thread. Lots of very sincere people sharing personal anecdotes that may or may have been what they think they are.
It would appear to me that, contrary to your statement of wanting it so bad, that you do not in fact want to believe. There have been more than enough witnesses to supernatural events in this thread. They have been first hand accounts, not stories that they heard from someone who had a friend whose dad's brother had an experience on their mission.

But you choose to view them as superstition.

Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened. What many people don't understand is that this promise cuts both ways. What you choose to seek after, you will find, the doors you knock upon will be opened.

If you choose to look at these things as figments of imagination, that is all you will ever find...you will have plenty on the side of modern medicine who can show you what is actually happening in the mind of an individual who claims possession of some sort. And you will find that you were, after all, right all along. It really is just silly superstition.

But if you look at these things with they eye of faith, and accept the witnesses that have been given you here as actual and real experiences, albeit ones you don't yet understand, you may find they speak the truth.

I also served in Brazil. Among a people who believe in the reality of both sides of the veil. They firmly believe in the devil and his angels, and they firmly believe in God and his angels. I met many who had experience with them both. I had experiences with them both.

oh yes, I know, of course it wasn't the actual voice of God that came to a man who in sincere prayer and desiring to know God while in the middle of the amazon, which told him if he wanted more truth he needed to move to a different city where God would send him true messengers. And then when he moved his family, heard the same voice of telling him the messengers would be sent to him tomorrow. And then while out walking the next day, he saw two missionaries (of whom I was one) and knew we were what he was looking for. And then when he and his wife prayed about our message, an angel came in vision to his wife, and he yet again heard the voice of God and received prophecy of what would happen in his life, which things were fulfilled to the letter until the day he was baptized. But I know...those things are figments of imagination, right?

And of course, the woman I met whose daughter had just died of the most horrible disease...you know, the kind of stuff you see in the movies about possession with insects and worms and creepy things and black ooze coming out her body...oh and those strange guttural voices which changed as the poor daughter twisted and contorted beyond recognition...the kind of stuff that everybody in the neighborhood knew about because they heard the screams, and they saw priests and pastors enter in and try to cast out to no avail....no all of that was just the figment of her imagination.

So too was the vision my companion had when we went to her home 2 days after the death of her daughter. My companion and I didn't previously know about any of the possession, but a family member of hers suggested we visit her. My companion was brand new, and didn't understand portuguese, and so had no idea what this mother and I talked about for 1.5 hours as she described what had been in her home, and the pain and torture her daughter had suffered. Since he couldn't understand, and it was really hot, he began to doze off a little when he had a vision of something bursting through the room and entering into the woman we were speaking with and contorting and twisting her body into a vision of pure evil...then he had another vision showing why that wasn't happening...he saw an angel with a flaming sword guarding the door and preventing the entry of this evil spirit. He told me afterward that something really weird happened while we were there, and I asked him if he understood what we were discussing the whole time. He said he didn't have a clue. But of course, that's just a fortunate coincidence that he had a vision of demons and possession and angels protecting us, when he didn't understand the language enough to know what we were talking about and was on the verge of falling asleep.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the time one of my investigators was possessed because of some foolish blood oaths he'd made in his youth, and 40 years later he'd yet to free himself. I spoke with the entities inside of him while possessed, they told me of their plans. I discovered they had order and hierarchy. They also had schedules to keep, which surprised me and made me laugh later with my companion when these entities told us they needed to be in Sao Jose III at 9:00. I seriously couldn't believe what I was hearing. I told my ZL the next day what had happened, and said the spirits intended on visiting his area that night. They both looked at me in disbelief and said "do you know what happens every saturday night across form the stake center in Sao Jose III? Macumba/Black Magic ceremonies!" Figments of my imagination...I know.

I could go on. But it is most likely useless. You and others will see what you want to see, you will have confirmed to you your prejudices. I say this not to point a finger...I'm aware this applies equally to me as it does to you. I am in as much danger of having my false beliefs confirmed to me as you are. We all have false traditions that present themselves as fact. This is how the whole world works. This is the great gift of agency in action. We all see what we deeply want to see and are open to. Much of life is a giant self-fulfilling prophecy. With the Gospel, God is asking you to try looking at the world through his lens, with the beliefs he hopes to instill in you, and he promises that if you will, you will come to know and see the world as he does.

But the choice is always ours. And we will always be capable of proving ourselves correct. There are all sorts of false spirits in the world, capable of providing "evidence" of a certain way of thinking. God is asking us to be led by HIS spirit, that we may know the truth of all things.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Dannyk wrote: But the choice is always ours. And we will always be capable of proving ourselves correct. There are all sorts of false spirits in the world, capable of providing "evidence" of a certain way of thinking. God is asking us to be led by HIS spirit, that we may know the truth of all things.

Dannyk it seems you have received a validation of your perspective. Attached please find an image that is associated with this post...How many times have you been thanked?
Attachments
Dannyk_666.JPG
Dannyk_666.JPG (39.58 KiB) Viewed 1587 times

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Dannyk wrote:
Hyrcanus wrote:
It would appear to me that, contrary to your statement of wanting it so bad, that you do not in fact want to believe. There have been more than enough witnesses to supernatural events in this thread. They have been first hand accounts, not stories that they heard from someone who had a friend whose dad's brother had an experience on their mission.

But you choose to view them as superstition.
I appreciate your deep and considered judgement of my situation after getting to know me so thoroughly over the course of 6 or so short posts. Despite your expert assessment of my actual desires I'll reaffirm what I said earlier, I really want to believe. I believe you really do want to help, setting aside an ill advised hasty judgment of my real motives. So I'll explain why your reasoning is a little flawed.

Had this same topic come up on an atheist board where a long series of people with first hand experience explained to me that there is no such thing as evil spirits and regaling me with their sincere experiences where they were told that a patient was possessed but really were just suffering with epilepsy, schizophrenia, etc. I doubt you would be coaching me to accept their sincere first hand experiences as the correct conclusion. It would take no time at all to find people with first hand experiences in all kinds of things, encounters with the Norse God Thor, the Greek Apollo, visions of the Prophet Mohammed, etc. Whose first hand experiences should I believe?

An additional flaw in your logic is assuming that this is the only set of data I have to work with. I've spent a great deal of time searching and as a consequence of that have come across dozens of different people of different faiths offering me sincere first hand accounts of proof of their faith. Yet many of their faiths are mutually exclusive. What conclusion can I draw from that, to date I've had no luck getting such a witness for myself. Which of these first hand testimonies should I accept as true?

Lastly, you chose to read my post and assume that I said something I didn't, I won't do you the injustice of assuming what your motive for this was. I don't believe everyone in this thread or in all of my past experiences are just being superstitious. I say clearly that they may or may not be confused. I said earlier in the same thread that I could be completely mistaken. I hold open the possibility they are all right, only some of them are right or they are all wrong. I'm ready to act when I figure any of that out.

So you see, it isn't for lack of desire or for the purposes of misleading you that I'm in my current position. I'm just confused as to what to believe, or if I should walk away from all of it altogether.

Dannyk
captain of 100

Post by Dannyk »

brlenox wrote:
Dannyk wrote: But the choice is always ours. And we will always be capable of proving ourselves correct. There are all sorts of false spirits in the world, capable of providing "evidence" of a certain way of thinking. God is asking us to be led by HIS spirit, that we may know the truth of all things.

Dannyk it seems you have received a validation of your perspective. Attached please find an image that is associated with this post...How many times have you been thanked?
Hilarious! Good catch Brlenox. I may not always agree with your position, but I always appreciate your wit, and the amount of thought, research, and devotion that you express.

This one will have me smiling for some time :)

Dannyk
captain of 100

Post by Dannyk »

Hyrcanus wrote:
So you see, it isn't for lack of desire or for the purposes of misleading you that I'm in my current position. I'm just confused as to what to believe, or if I should walk away from all of it altogether.
Please accept my sincere apologies. One thing I don't like about writing is it is so hard to actually express the true thoughts and intents behind the poor excuse of language that we have at our disposal.

I find myself afflicted by the very same thing I accused you of...because it is a condition common to all mankind. I did not mean to judge or condemn, and most likely could have used language that would have been less sarcastic in nature in order to convey how I truly feel.

As for the other experiences out there, as I said, there are many false spirits happy to provide evidence of false sets of belief. And for that matter, there is much that is true in the experiences of those who believe differently. I've studied the Buddha's account and believe it to be a sincere expression of a true experience, told through a lens he understood.

I must leave now, and would rather send this apology before too much time passes. But for now, sincerely request your forgiveness of ways in which I may have been too bold inappropriate in my desire to express a truth I've come to understand.

I wish you good luck in your journey to understand and experience faith. I would simply warn you to be just as aware of the power of your doubts you currently accept as you are of the faith you desire. I have found that as I have done the same, and learned how to cast aside and do away with doubt, the experience of my faith bares fruit.

May you have the same.

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Dannyk wrote:
Hyrcanus wrote:
Please accept my sincere apologies. One thing I don't like about writing is it is so hard to actually express the true thoughts and intents behind the poor excuse of language that we have at our disposal.

I find myself afflicted by the very same thing I accused you of...because it is a condition common to all mankind. I did not mean to judge or condemn, and most likely could have used language that would have been less sarcastic in nature in order to convey how I truly feel.

As for the other experiences out there, as I said, there are many false spirits happy to provide evidence of false sets of belief. And for that matter, there is much that is true in the experiences of those who believe differently. I've studied the Buddha's account and believe it to be a sincere expression of a true experience, told through a lens he understood.

I must leave now, and would rather send this apology before too much time passes. But for now, sincerely request your forgiveness of ways in which I may have been too bold inappropriate in my desire to express a truth I've come to understand.

I wish you good luck in your journey to understand and experience faith. I would simply warn you to be just as aware of the power of your doubts you currently accept as you are of the faith you desire. I have found that as I have done the same, and learned how to cast aside and do away with doubt, the experience of my faith bares fruit.

May you have the same.
Apology accepted. I appreciate the advice, I'll do my best to incorporate it into my search.

Leejae
captain of 100

Post by Leejae »

In my opinion, if a person isn't dealing with or aware of the very real efforts and effects of evil in their life, and isn't familiar with consciously dealing with it all, they can probably consider themselves firmly bound and chained, and that Satan has them right where he wants them.

And that is no slam on anyone. I think it's so prevalent and a normal part of life...we have NO IDEA. We're all learning to overcome "weakness."

I would suggest, as an experiment and a starting point, that a person consider any negative emotion to be an entity, and cast it out. As you notice how things change, you might consider praying for the gift of discernment of spirits. Joseph Smith thought that was incredibly important. He probably had good reason.

**edit: I wanted to be more specific about negative emotions. I meant things more like episodes of anger, frustration, judgement, fear, etc. Thanking Bethany for her posts, too.
Last edited by Leejae on May 22nd, 2014, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Light of Christ wrote:
bethany wrote:
Light of Christ wrote: Very interesting. I would imagine that there must be other ways to produce the same effect as well or we would all be condemned to struggle with evil spirits unless we had read the Emotion Code book. I will see if I can get my hands on a copy of the book.
there are other ways & means. 'Feelings Buried Alive Never Die', EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique, Body Talk, Quantum Touch, etc. there are other methodologies that can facilitate.

however, i find emotion code the best method that i have encountered. i've tried or used a practitioner of all of the above & found them beneficial but emotion code delivered better results. with eft, it can take quite a while reprogramming an experience or phobia, what have you.. with emotion code you identify what trapped emotions were involved or attached to a trauma or event, remove it & replace it. done. it can be done in less than 5 min. with eft, it can take 20 min or more to do the same thing.
Does the emotion code and these other methodologies use the power of the atonement?
Emotion Code is written in a way that anybody on the planet regardless of belief can release their negative trapped emotions. not all emotions have entities attached to them. but if you are predominately depressed, then it is likely that 'depressed' entities are attached to depression. so every neg feeling is not about casting out.

every person on the planet despite their belief system has a right to govern their own body & their own personal emotions, etc. so 'The Emotion Code' is useful to everyone, a child can do it & i had my own doing it when she was like 8 & 9... it is simple & basic & you are retraining your emotional reactions to situations. some ppl play the same note over & over... like anger is their dominate response to everything in life.

i use emotion code as a complimentary tool to Dr. Mel Fish's work. i had read his stuff before emotion code & immediately saw the connection. when i do casting out, i do use the atonement.

we need to understand that when we emit a neg emotion, that was us, we chose to do that & we can stand up & recognize that it was not the best reaction & cancel it. choose to replace that with a positive response.

-----------------------------------

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Desert Roses wrote: I've actually looked into most of this, and I will tell you in my opinion, based on the way they work and the ideas behind them, they are Satanic in origin. Energy is indeed the power that Christ uses, but it is only under His authorization and through Him that healing and casting out of negative spirits, emotions, trauma effects, etc. can be done for the long-term. Those are best accessed, in my experience, through priesthood blessings, prayer, and efforts to do God's will in all things (deep humility). Even 12-Step programs that deal with long-term addictions recognized this power. Energy work can work, just like ouji boards, seances, and other Satanically powered things work. Satan has done all he can to assert that he is the "God of this world" and tries to imitate and copy the works of God in every way he can. I've done "energy work" and come to the conclusion that it is not a way to cast out evil, but rather opens the door for it and pushes God out in many cases.
those are your experiences. in my case.... i had a child that had been cursed by a person practicing wicca. the mother of a former friend - which they both attended church. at the time i did not know much about the subject & didn't think defensively as she was claiming that she was repenting of that in her life. at this point, i would definitely avoid anybody with a history in wicca. this is not something that someone simply says... Jesus, save me & it's over. those spirits continue to lay claim to that person forever until they are dealt with.

she was young & the stuff that we endured was unspeakable. attacks became a part of her life several times a week. i won't go into all the things that she witnessed & endured, or the sufferings she had from members of the church. we went to multiple bishops, multiple priesthood holders, i found friends to teach me how to cast out for the moment but not for good.

it became a battle. it continued for over a decade. i even contacted Elder Pace for guidance & spoke with him on the phone. he could only offer his sympathies and told me to continue using the energy workers that i had started using. i explicitly told him that i wanted a priesthood answer & he told me that there was not one person he could recommend & that even when he tried to 'bless people' the attacks would continue.

i went through 4 energy workers. only one i would not go back to, 2 were awesome for what they did, but they couldn't discern each question I had. i finally found one that didn't give up. i've watched her work something out even if it took a couple months. you might call that a failure but i see amazing success in light of the dearth of information that we have.

somethings i have worked on releasing takes a couple weeks to get rid of. but it is addressed layer by layer & eventually it is gone. my child - after 3 years of labor might get 1 attack a month now whereas she often got 3-4 in a week. that person that cursed her had a decade of adding to what she had done, therefore i think 3 years of getting rid of all of it is not bad.

if i ran & cowered in the corner everytime i was attacked, i would never have done temple work. right before my gifts opened, i was in 3 near misses of very violent potentially fatal accidents. i was attacked by an entity that attempted to posess me that scared me severely. but i don't cower. i stand up & do exactly what they wanted to steer me away from.

when i went to go to the temple, i had a nasty frightening visit. it scared me, but it only served to make me all the more determined to enter into covenants with God.

i guess it's all in your discernment. i get attacked, somebody is threatening because of what i am venturing into. not because it is of them.

Joseph Smith & many who participated in the restoration were attacked quite frequently. by this reasoning, it is of the devil. just my observation.

also, most people learning energy are in a boat like i was. they are compelled to learn it because of what was put upon them, they are broken & need fixing. priesthood didn't address the issue so they had to keep looking. i work on ppl quite often who are judged & shunned by the good members of their ward. ppl who suffer the indignity of false accusations & don't meet with the parameters that others set upon them. can't tell you how many tears i've seen from ppl who find out that its not a big deal & we can fix it.

wonder how Ann Horn had angels showing her Brad Nelson & Emotion Code 20 years before it was given to the earth. or how the other lady who's book has just been published was told in her nde about her life's mission to do Emotion Code & Body Code. you can believe that they were deceived if you wish. i choose not.
Last edited by bethany on May 22nd, 2014, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

i just want to say that we are all on a journey. how we get there varies for everyone on the planet. what i was compelled to learn is not for everyone, nor will every one resonate with it. i post for those who will resonate with what i have been through. i do not seek for validation from anybody. i know what i had to overcome & i am satisfied that i am overcoming it. it was mine to overcome. everyone else has their own personal challenges & i bless you on your way. perhaps something i say will resonate down the road & offer a piece of the puzzle. i know that i have reached back & dusted off discarded pieces of information when i was stuck & needed to go forward. we are all in our places & it is what it is. let's just love & invite, but not add to anybody's burdens.
Last edited by bethany on May 22nd, 2014, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

Leejae wrote:In my opinion, if a person isn't dealing with or aware of the very real efforts and effects of evil in their life, and isn't familiar with consciously dealing with it all, they can probably consider themselves firmly bound and chained, and that Satan has them right where he wants them.

And that is no slam on anyone. I think it's so prevalent and a normal part of life...we have NO IDEA. We're all learning to overcome "weakness."

I would suggest, as an experiment and a starting point, that a person consider any negative emotion to be an entity, and cast it out. As you notice how things change, you might consider praying for the gift of discernment of spirits. Joseph Smith thought that was incredibly important. He probably had good reason.

**edit: I wanted to be more specific about negative emotions. I meant things more like episodes of anger, frustration, judgement, fear, etc. Thanking Bethany for her posts, too.
I wasn't able to get rid of my life long issue with anger until I recognized and did as you suggested.

The Lord used this to teach me about evil after having healed my anger and associated issues. The anger would return quickly and I wondered why when my burdens had been so greatly relieved. He opened my eyes and taught me through this struggle. I am grateful for the small understanding I have.

Leejae
captain of 100

Post by Leejae »

I feel the same. Small understanding, but incredibly valuable for what it is, and learning more each day. The changes in our home have been amazing, even with the increase in opposition.