We need more psychopathic missionaries.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

We need more psychopathic missionaries.

Post by Fiannan »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking ... ssful.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have argued this a long time that the people who climb to the top in marketing, politics, religion, psychology and medicine (certain fields) are either psychopaths or are borderline psychopathic. While one has to be born with this predisposition people not so bred to have this trait can learn from their mind-set.

A challenge -- prove this wrong. ;)

PS: The best missionaries I have met I am positive would have ranked high on the checklist.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: We need more psychopathic missionaries.

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

You just pretty much described the church leaders with those criteria...

**EDIT**
Clarification since my intent here was clearly misunderstood and my posts below are being ignored... I was asking based on what Finnan wrote in his initial post if this is what he was alluding to - as this criteria describes the church leaders:

"I have argued this a long time that the people who climb to the top in marketing, politics, religion, psychology and medicine (certain fields) are either psychopaths or are borderline psychopathic. While one has to be born with this predisposition people not so bred to have this trait can learn from their mind-set."

I DID NOT say that the leaders are psychopaths, nor did I imply that, nor did I express that in any way.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Jules wrote:You just pretty much described the church leaders with those criteria...
There are probably a few who really are psychopaths. There is nothing contradictory between being spiritual and having psychopathic personality characteristics; except that psychopaths have a very low level of guilt.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Jules wrote:You just pretty much described the church leaders with those criteria...
The "criteria" listed in the article...

"...psychopathic traits, including ruthlessness, fearlessness, impulsivity, reduced empathy, developed self-confidence and lack of remorse."

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Stella Solaris wrote:
The "criteria" listed in the article...

"...psychopathic traits, including ruthlessness, fearlessness, impulsivity, reduced empathy, developed self-confidence and lack of remorse."
Don't forget heroism as well as the ability to stand up against social norms.

A fictional reference: Both Rick and The Governor are clearly psychopaths. One has ethics, the other one doesn't.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

sen6b wrote:
And this is much more righteous than me calling out a woman for filming and trivializing her abortion then posting it online. :ymapplause: 8-|
My comment was questioning Finnan's comment - not an opinion. Wow.

BrentL
captain of 100

Post by BrentL »

well, I looked for and found a quick psychopathic quiz and scored a 7 that is no psychopathic tendencies.

http://www5.psychcentral.com/quizzes/psychopathy.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dang. took two, both said I am normal.

but I do have all these traits:
ruthlessness, fearlessness, impulsivity, reduced empathy, developed self-confidence and lack of remorse."

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

BrentL wrote:well, I looked for and found a quick psychopathic quiz and scored a 7 that is no psychopathic tendencies.

http://www5.psychcentral.com/quizzes/psychopathy.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well I scored a 4. Does that mean I am less crazy than you?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

reese wrote:
BrentL wrote:well, I looked for and found a quick psychopathic quiz and scored a 7 that is no psychopathic tendencies.

Well I scored a 4. Does that mean I am less crazy than you?
I got a 2 - wow, less crazy than resse??

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

A young Egyptian woman threatened to kidnap me recently. She scores a 23 on the test. Should I be worried? :-o

Different test though. I thought this was the Hare Psychopathic Checklist.
Last edited by Fiannan on May 8th, 2014, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

10. Not a psychopath. Whew.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

24!

What the...

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Fiannan wrote:A young Egyptian woman threatened to kidnap me recently. She scores a 23 on the test. Should I be worried? :-o
How do you know what a woman who threatened to kidnap you scored on a test?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Called to Serve wrote:
Fiannan wrote:A young Egyptian woman threatened to kidnap me recently. She scores a 23 on the test. Should I be worried? :-o
Uh...she told me.

;)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Fiannan wrote:
Called to Serve wrote:
Uh...she told me.

;)
I see. Well, glad to know that you have a working relationship with your potential kidnappers.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

I got a 0, that must mean I'm dead

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

sen6b wrote:
Jules wrote:
sen6b wrote:And this is much more righteous than me calling out a woman for filming and trivializing her abortion then posting it online. :ymapplause: 8-|
My comment was questioning Finnan's comment - not an opinion. Wow.
So its not your opinion that the church leaders possess psychopathic traits, including ruthlessness, fearlessness, impulsivity, reduced empathy, developed self-confidence and lack of remorse.

That can ONLY be an opinion.

I've yet to see you name one GOOD, LEGIT, PROVABLE example of why you think the leaders of the church are so evil and corrupt. Yet I say one thing about a wretched woman video taping her abortion and making a mockery of the whole thing and you come down on me with your holier than thou attitude like how dare I!
Your the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. You need to get over yourself.
I condemn a baby killer, you condemn good men called of God, whether you believe they are or not, doesn't change anything.
First, no that was not my opinion. My comment - as I said, was in reference to Finnan's apparent opinion.

Second, You have certainly not read all of my posts. I have expressed things I definitely disagree with - and that is my right, as this is a common consent church. However, please don't put words in my mouth - commit slander/libel/defamation of my character on this board.

Third, I'd like to see you prove me a hypocrite. I do exactly as I believe - not otherwise - which would make me a hypocrite. Not sure what you're basing that on.

Fourth, you've received an official warning for your post here - please refrain from this kind of contention, name calling, slander and refusal to abide by the forum rules and guidelines you agreed to abide by when you signed up as a user. If you misunderstand someone's posts - as you clearly have mine, ask for clarification. This board is not intended to be a war zone for those who thrive on contention.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

sen6b wrote:
First, no that was not my opinion. My comment - as I said, was in reference to Finnan's apparent opinion.

Second, You have certainly not read all of my posts. I have expressed things I definitely disagree with - and that is my right, as this is a common consent church. However, please don't put words in my mouth - commit slander/libel/defamation of my character on this board.

Third, I'd like to see you prove me a hypocrite. I do exactly as I believe - not otherwise - which would make me a hypocrite. Not sure what you're basing that on.

Fourth, you've received an official warning for your post here - please refrain from this kind of contention, name calling, slander and refusal to abide by the forum rules and guidelines you agreed to abide by when you signed up as a user. If you misunderstand someone's posts - as you clearly have mine, ask for clarification. This board is not intended to be a war zone for those who thrive on contention.
First...I know what your comment was in reference to. You said
"You just pretty much described the church leaders with those criteria...'
and Fiannan's comment was
I have argued this a long time that the people who climb to the top in marketing, politics, religion, psychology and medicine (certain fields) are either psychopaths or are borderline psychopathic. While one has to be born with this predisposition people not so bred to have this trait can learn from their mind-set.

A challenge -- prove this wrong. ;)

PS: The best missionaries I have met I am positive would have ranked high on the checklist.
thats not my opinion, or even a common consent opinion, therefore it is YOUR opinion.

Second...No I have not read all your posts...obviously....but all that I have read up until now shows the same pattern. You defend DS, critical of church leaders in any aspect, including the prophet, and criticize me for making a comment about a woman who kills babies. Its obvious to me and many others that there is a pattern there.

Third....I am not attempting to slander you or put words in your mouth, or be troll just for the sake of contention, My intent is to call you out for what you are, because nobody else dares to! You are the only person on here I've had any real contention with.

Fourth...Your official warning doesn't bother me. If you want to kick me off the board for speaking my mind then GO FOR IT!!!...My feelings will not be hurt in the least.

Fifth.....Have a nice day! :D
Attempting or not, you are.

You calling me out for what I am (in your eyes).... your very, very, very ignorant opinion - nothing more.

You wouldn't be kicked off the board for speaking your opinion - only breaking the rules. And moderators don't have that power anyway.