Roger billings?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
DrJay
captain of 100

Re: Roger billings?

Post by DrJay »

cayenne wrote:Does Roger claim any particular Israeli tribal lineage?
I have never heard any claim as such, but I would assume that he received a patriarchal blessing that told him he was of Ephraim. But that would simply be a guess on my part.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

I waited to hear the answer to the question, how to discern revelation. The only answer I heard was a warning that one should not plead with the Lord because that would lead to false revelation. It would have been nice if he had pointed out that when Joseph had asked three times, the first two he had been told "no" - so the advice only applies if one has already been told No by the Lord at least twice.

It was interesting to hear how he claimed his authority. That was worth listening to the video.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

A Random Phrase wrote:I waited to hear the answer to the question, how to discern revelation. The only answer I heard was a warning that one should not plead with the Lord because that would lead to false revelation. It would have been nice if he had pointed out that when Joseph had asked three times, the first two he had been told "no" - so the advice only applies if one has already been told No by the Lord at least twice.

It was interesting to hear how he claimed his authority. That was worth listening to the video.
If you listen carefully, he did not discuss his authority, in fact in reference to his experiences he said specifically that president Kimball did not have the keys of authority to Zion. His authority for Zion he received from Joseph Smith.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

He quoted the scripture that said Joseph Smith would only have power to give the authority to another if he lost his own (I forget if the scripture actually uses that word, but I'm really sure it does not use the word "keys") and, later, seemed to liken that with his own experience with Pres Kimball - to my understanding claiming keys or authority. I am trying to remember if he said something about JS. I don't remember if he did or if what is in my mind is one of the many other men I've read about in the last few days that claimed JS appeared to them and gave them authority or keys to start a new church.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

A Random Phrase wrote:He quoted the scripture that said Joseph Smith would only have power to give the authority to another if he lost his own (I forget if the scripture actually uses that word, but I'm really sure it does not use the word "keys") and, later, seemed to liken that with his own experience with Pres Kimball - to my understanding claiming keys or authority. I am trying to remember if he said something about JS. I don't remember if he did or if what is in my mind is one of the many other men I've read about in the last few days that claimed JS appeared to them and gave them authority or keys to start a new church.
You are making some assumptions. Just so there would be no such understanding, he stated specifically that Pres Kimball did not have the keys for the restoration of Zion. While he received a blessing at Pres Kimball's hand he does not claim any authority for the LDS Church or any other came through that blessing.

It is an interesting question as to how those two apostles were called without Pres Kimball being involved and he was still living. So much for protocall.

The church website went live yesterday ( http://www.churchofjesuschristinzion.com ) There are links to the video lectures that have been given recently. There are short descriptions of what is taught within each lecture. There is also a place where you can contact us and even ask questions.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Jay, why are your YouTube videos no longer publicly accessible? Will they be again in the future?

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

I am personally acquainted with Roger Billings since I was a student at his academy from about April to September of 2014.
He and I had several disagreements and eventually it became necessary for me to withdraw from my participation there.
I'm willing to share about what my family's experience was while living there, but I am not sure that would be of any use to you.

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

Anyone who is not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not in Zion.

“The power of God unto salvation,” as stated in Romans 1:16, is absent from all but the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which the Lord himself has proclaimed to be “the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth.”
Last edited by Tony on June 12th, 2015, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Hi Roger :) an underground limestone quarry in Independence, Mo., sounds like a great shelter. Do you have photos to share?

Sweiston
Hi, I'm new.

Roger Billings - Underground School Pictures

Post by Sweiston »

Hi Elizabeth,

There are some photos on the school website: science.edu.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Thanks, a great place to shelter.

2BFree
captain of 100

Re: Roger Billings - Underground School Pictures

Post by 2BFree »

Sweiston wrote:Hi Elizabeth,

There are some photos on the school website: science.edu.
Hey Roger...did you ever figure out the metal hydride for storing hydrogen safely for your hydrogen engine? Are you working on any other alternative energy projects you can talk about? Sorry about all the questions but I was fascinated with your hydrogen project as a kid. Have you had any contact with Dr. Jones there in MO? BTW...Is Eileen still there? The Science Academy looks amazing.